because you are like family to me...

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

because you are like family to me...

Postby Lanzerus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:59 pm

today for the second time in my life i have had to bury a dog.
however this burial was worse than the one before.
because before I was an only child.

The dog that I had to bury today was named Arya. She was a small white bichon frise that my family had had for three years. I am typing this with tears in my eyes, blood on my sleeves and dirt on my hands...Both of my brothers were effected by this. My youngest brother, Blake, is only ten years old. After I was done he looked at me with tear filled eyes and said.
"But Keaton...There are supposed to be two puppies."

My other Brother, James, just sort of withdrew from talking, and has stayed quite ever since we got done burying her. I can tell that he loved her because when we were in the pet store looking at puppies James pointed at arya and told mom that that is the one he wanted, a smile on his face that could have made the sun look like a dim lightbulb.

We had picked her up as a very very young puppy. not much older than a few weeks. We bought her from a locally owned pet store so we know she came from a good home. After we had everything sorted out we took her with us to the hospital where my mom works, once we let her outside on the leash she ran onto the grass and started eating it. it was something that my family laughed about even now. On the way home from there she threw up said grass all over my jeans, they still have the stain to prove it.

However one thing that seriously makes me feel sad is two specific things
1. Today seemed like it was the best day in the world until my mom told me the news.
2. In Mexico they are celebrating los dios de muertos...or Day of the Dead...seriously? If you are out there god, be more of a vindictive wo/man-BITCH!

There is a reason I am agnostic...
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: because you are like family to me...

Postby Marky » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Sorry to hear, man...I know what it's like to lose a pet.
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Lanzerus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:57 pm

but seriously...today felt like it was the best day I have had in forever and then the next thing I know my mom walks into my computer room crying...
I have decided if there is a god out there, no way in hell would he NOT be a sadist.
Self-proclaimed, Lord and Creator of the Inactivity void.
Lanzerus
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Mistress Guendolen » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this. I know what it's like to lose a furry member of your family. Just feels like there's a hole in your heart shaped like them, doesn't it? It's rough- really rough. If you need to talk, you can contact me. Eventually the pain will ease- not "getting over it," as people will tell you to do, but more a kind of acceptance. Now, though, is the difficult time. We're here for you whenever you need it, all right? **hug**
Adding to the magical kitten girl army...one huggle at a time mraa
Mistress Guendolen
Senpai
Senpai

Location: My own mental universe of animated otherworldly fantasy

Postby Rowan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:52 pm

Awww. I'm sorry. I remember when my dog died. And a few months ago my dad and I had to bury my Aunt's dog which brought up a ton of feelings.

*BIG GIANT BEAR HUGS!*
"Just because you're a brain dead ditzy cutesy violet girl, and generally non-dangerous, doesn't mean you can't be effective."

"Resistance is futi....fut....futi....umm....what's the word? Nevermind! Just eat the Tomapple!"
Rowan
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:10 pm

but seriously...today felt like it was the best day I have had in forever and then the next thing I know my mom walks into my computer room crying...
I have decided if there is a god out there, no way in hell would he NOT be a sadist.

First off, about that last part, let's leave him out of this.

Secondly, this thing about losing pets must be universal... we lost this enthusiastic-for-life spaniel/beagle mix a few years ago. She was just a few years old, and had received injuries to both legs, one after the other and within a few weeks. We'd been hoping that she'd recover from the first injury, and then the second happened; and considering that my dad was out of a job, and would be for another three to four months, we didn't have much choice. We simply didn't have the funds on hand to afford the necessary treatment. It hit my dad particularly hard, since Aby had chosen him over the other members of the family.

*sigh* To those of you with little furry friends, cherish them while you can, because you don't know what's going to happen.

Sorry about your loss, Lanzerus.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Return to General Discussion