MSF's Bowling League

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: MSF's Bowling League

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:39 pm

Week 7 Bowling scores:

Game 1: 76
Game 2: 135
Game 3: 143
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Not too shabby, this time. The second and third games are the highest I've seen you get, so far.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:14 pm

A bad week for my team this time around. John and Sandy could not make it because John got sick with the flu and Sandy had to stay home to take care of him.

Week 8:
Game 1: 77
Game 2: 152
Game 3: 101

Looks like my team got swept, so we dropped to 4th place from 1st. We will rebound next week, hopefully with John and Sandy.

I also found out about bowling tournaments I can enter with a team or friends. One of them is a local one at the same bowling alley I bowl at.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:14 pm

That's unfortunate. I hope you rebound.

As for me, I've been having a string of bad luck. My mother's had one excuse or another to get out of taking me bowling, and then, when she promised to make up for it, because we'd soon not have the income to continue bowling, she wasted what should have been saved for it. So it looks like I won't be bowling any time soon. =_= I wanted to bowl two-hundred or more just once...
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:03 pm

Week 8 Bowling scores for me:

Game 1: 110
Game 2: 125
Game 3: 119

I'll try better on Nov 4, my next bowling night.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Week 9 Scores:

Game 1: 104
Game 2: 134
Game 3: 142
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:10 pm

You're up to week ten, aren't you? I see two week eights. ;p

Also, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to bowl this Sunday.

*I glare balefully in my mother's direction*
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:42 am

Sometimes I wonder if some higher being is so bored out of their mind that they need to play around with me. I manage to get in ten games on my seventh (it's supposed to be lucky!) trip, and play hard enough to still be sore right now (from Sunday), since I don't know when I'll get a chance to bowl again (and thus have a chance to bowl two-hundred or more points)... and I fall one pin short of my goal. >_<

I wish I knew how scoring works, since I thought I had reached my goal going into the final frame. It was a really good game, since I left no pins standing until my final throw in the tenth frame. And that's what really gets me. I did so well and yet it's the first time that I leave any pins standing that determined whether I make two-hundred or not. What are the odds?

Le sigh.

Still, since I had so many games, and my own lane, I decided to set aside a few games where I didn't bowl as I normally do. Two games, which I colored in red, I used my left hand. (In part to give my right arm a break.) I didn't do too bad, but my left hand has a serious hook. One game, which I colored in blue, was completely experimental. I tried doing it like children do, and use both arms from between my legs. I also tried to throw it while cradled in my arm, with my thumb out of the hole while I used my other hand to keep it in place. I also tried to put a spin on the ball, to massive failure. In the end, I saw that I was close to 69, so I aimed for it, actually got it, and then purposefully tossed the ball into the gutter to keep that score. XD

Anyway, when my sister comes back, during her next break, I'll see about using her digital camera to get my top score online. And then, maybe, someone can tell me how the scoring works. I can't make any sense out of it, just by looking at it. ;/
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Week 11:

Game 1: 105
Game 2: 161 (finally, 4 strikes in a row! I missed my fifth strike by 2 pins)
Game 3: 97
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Well done. I put you down for a turkey, since getting four means getting three. :P
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:46 pm

I need to go bowling, again. I still have only bowled that one time. >.< Maybe I should just go by myself one Friday night, if I can't drag my friends with me. >.>
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:12 pm

And if you're worried about the price, call them up, or see if they have a place on the web, and see if any particular time of any particular day is cheaper than at other times. That's when I go bowling, when I can afford it. XD
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Marky » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Nah. That hasn't been the problem. It's mainly, I guess, with the semester winding down towards finals, and half of my friends playing Ultimate Frisbee on Friday that's probably part of the reason why. I forget what it is on Friday night, but I could've sworn then was the best deal, like $5.00 for shoes and however many games you can do in 3 hours...I think...it's been too long. >.<
Marky
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Okay, tonight's scores, and in the theme of the Thanksgiving holiday, I secured two turkeys tonight; one in the second game, and one in the third game!

My scores for week 12:

Game 1: 123
Game 2: 137 (a turkey to start; 2 away from the 4th strike, but I picked up the spare)
Game 3: 150 (turkey there too)

My average is up now, and my Series is 409. I hopefully will get me some badges for my scores.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Now all you need is a thanksgiving turkey. :P
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion