MSF's Bowling League

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: MSF's Bowling League

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Week 3: Another Clean sweep and in 3rd place in our league! We beat the defending Champs!

Kris_Roth's scores:

game 1: 102
game 2: 110
Game 3: 116
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:42 am

Say, how're your teammates doing, score-wise? And how do teams decide who wins? Adding up all player scores in the team?
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 am

I have a copy of last night's scores:

Kris: 102, 110, 116
Sandy Wynsong: 127, 105, 125
John Wynsong: 145, 147, 119
Jim Sabin: (Team captain) 212, 192, 164

The scores per team are sub totalled and added to the team handicap, which was 303 for us. That score determines the game win for the team. Totals are counted by adding te total including hanicap row.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 am

Confusing... I probably won't understand it until I get involved in a league. If I ever do, anyway. Too expensive for us. And our state demands some kind of annual fee to have/be in a league. Damn leech. ;/
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:05 am

Our league collects sanction fees for the United states bowling Congress (USBC). It is $16.00 for men, and $13.25 for women. Then there's $11.00 for the lane fee a week, for each week (my league bowls on Wednesday nights, for 15 weeks, with a free bowl/no tap/potluck/awards night at the end of the Leagu night. We break for Christmas/Winter Break, and then come back after New Years for another 15 week session, which lasts until April. Then I start my Church softball league. I cannot wait to participate in softball tournaments at my local ball park.

I also play Baseball for the Newark Diamonds, a men's baseball team, as a part time player. We have weekend doubleheaders and I have trouble hitting and catching a baseball.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:52 pm

You sound like a busy bee. ;p

But, yeah, it's sixteen dollars. My mother didn't know when I asked, at the time, if there was a difference in price between men and women. But I guess the price goes to show that it's a men's sport. :roll:
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Yeah, here's week 4:

Kris_Roth:

Game 1: 103
Game 2: 113
Game 3: 92

Okay, well, I have had a bad night, but everyone has those. My team had a bye week, so we had to bowl our personal best.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm

A "bye week?" What's that?
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:21 am

A Bye week is when a bowling team bowls without an opponent. I guess there are an odd number of teams (i think 17), so on any given week, a team will bowl without an opponent.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Well, I beat my best by one pin... again. XD I wonder if this will be a trend... And I managed to get another turkey. (Huh. Deja vu. This post; not the turkey.) Though using the thirteen-pounder was a bit more taxing than I thought it'd be. But that's not going to stop me from playing ten games this Sunday, since my mother didn't take me bowling the last two Sundays. ;/

It also seems like this bowling alley also has their league stuff on Wednesdays. Though we were able to get a lane far away from everyone else.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:38 pm

Nice...I will try next week for a turkey, one frame at a time.

Here are week 5's results:

Kris_Roth

Game 1: 93
Game 2: 105
Game 3: 113

Still a 300 series (with handicap). My handicap is about around 97.

My next bowling match is scheduled for wed. oct 7, at 6:30PM. My team was tied for 1st going into last night's match. We won totals, and the first and third games. We lost the 2nd game by 1 pin.
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:36 pm

You better get a turkey, you turkey! :O

But it sounds like your team is doing pretty well.

I wonder what my handicap would be, out of curiosity.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Kris_Roth » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 pm

I got a double tonight (two strikes in a row), but fell 4 pins short of a turkey.

My scores:

Kris_Roth - Week 6:

Game 1: 98
Game 2: 123
Game 3: 104

Total score: 325

We won 2 games and the totals. You get the totals by adding up all the bowlers Game scores (the average of 3 games), in the totals column. Team handicap is when you add all the bowlers' average handicaps. Then you add your bowlers' game scores in column 1 (Game 1) and then add the team handicap (which stays the same). The total including handicap is on the screen (all computerized).
Kris_Roth
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 pm

They sure make that stuff complicated. :?

I haven't been bowling for the past three Sundays. Stupid mother. And now she's been sick, so I missed out on today, too. And now I might be getting what she got, and if I am sick by next Sunday, and she's not, she'll make it an excuse to miss out again. She's really beginning to irk me. :evil:
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:59 pm

I didn't do too bad, considering I had a fever, I had only gotten two hours of sleep, and the place was packed and distracting. We had to share a lane with a group of young girls that were playing on a laptop, taking pictures (with the flash), and messing around. They didn't seem to have much of a sense for bowler's courtesy, either. Most annoyingly, an employee didn't come around to tell that what they were doing was prohibited until a few seconds after I had finished my last game. ;/
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion