I've got a question...

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

I've got a question...

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:04 am

What are those sets of tables called, the ones with the umbrellas coming out from the center of them, that you can find outside of restaurants? The best word I can find for them is "bistro", but is there another kind of name for the set-up in general? I'm wondering since I'm writing a scene with them, and it seems odd to write "they took a seat at one of the unoccupied bistro tables." So I'm hoping for anything better to refer to them and/or the arrangement as a whole, if it exists.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Re: I've got a question...

Postby Rodney » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:36 am

Rodney
Derailer (Just Kidding)
Derailer (Just Kidding)

Postby Nosnits » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:10 pm

I don't know if this is much help or anything, as I've never written a story before (I'm trying though...), but insted of using a weird name for it, you could always describe it. "They sat down at the table, the red and white umbrella coming through the middle shading them from the sun*" Or something like that.

*Or Rain, or hail, or Meteores ect...
Hey, you! No...not you....You! Go ---> HERE <--- to red the drabbles of stuff I've written, or ---> HERE <--- to see both my doodles AND writing. Double dip right there.

Knit the scarf. Ride the ogre.
Nosnits
Spaminator
Spaminator

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Maybe. I just figure there's a proper term for it. Because I'd rather use one word in the stead of a sentence or two. The only thing I was able to gather from the link was "blabla." O.o Strange...~

It's just bothersome trying to figure it out since they're also for lawns, gardens and patios. But I can't say that it's a patio table outside of a place that isn't a bistro, even though plenty of places that aren't bistros have these arrangements outside of their restaurants. =_=;
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Actually, as near as I can tell they're called "patio tables", because they're often used on the patio in the back yard. (My parents have one...) What's more, from what I recall that area of a restaurant is called the "patio", so... they'd be "patio tables".

Best I can think of...
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Return to General Discussion