A rare occurrence

Lives, Links, News, and TG. All these discussions abound in here!

Moderator: Moderators

A rare occurrence

Postby Mitera Nikkou » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:39 am

Experiencing deja vu is common enough for me, but this, I think, is only the second time a dream has become a reality. I can't be sure since the last time was too long ago, and I can't remember the details, so... Even if it did happen, it's hard to count when all you're left with is a vague sense of the experience. Anyway, it's probably no different than deja vu in general. But people usually don't remember when something happened before: either they feel like something has happened before, or they remember it happening before without the source of the experience.

In this case, I remember dreaming exactly what happened about, oh... somewhere between a year or two ago. I can remember it because it had been a semi-lucid dream, and I had been playing a video game that I had never played before. So, when I woke up from it, I wondered if my mind had just made up a game or not. I mean, I couldn't guess what game it could be, at the time. But, even though I've been playing the game for eighty-plus hours, I didn't recognize anything, or recall the dream again, until I saw what had happened in the dream. In my case, deja vu usually happens twice simultaneously, since what I remember tends to include my realizing that what's happening is familiar/has already happened.

As for the contents of it, it was nothing special. It was just the status window in Tales of the Abyss, when I had received Natalia's "tropical butterfly" title. I went about selecting it, since I like making characters wear different outfits. I can understand why I might dream about it, since I use Natalia in battle, and actually enjoy doing so (since it's a bit more challenging than usual, as well as refreshing). So she has become the most significant part of the game, for me. I just wasn't in the mood for swinging swords around again. ;/
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned because only women can give two tits for every tat.
Mitera Nikkou
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Return to General Discussion