Somewhat Special Event: The Extras Talk Back!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Somewhat Special Event: The Extras Talk Back!

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:31 am

Jennifer: Yeah, the one and only. I and most of those with me were far enough away that we weren't seriously harmed by that massive Cosmetic whatever-it-is blast she finished the fight with, but our morale took a nosedive when we saw her left for dead in that crater. Any pride in who I was serving was pretty much shot, and the cult's entire Muffinville branch panicked and fled. *tone becomes slightly bitter* Unfortunately, while Callista was too busy making sure Miss Harrison was alright and corralling those cultists she could catch to keep track of me specifically, the little stoic girl never lost sight.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:17 pm

The little Harrison... That's Ellen, right? Did she do something to you?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:58 pm

Jennifer: She didn't, no. She didn't have to. All she needed to do was watch and keep a close eye on where I was going. *nibbles on a Snickers bar* I got back to my condo half an hour later and was greeted with that ginormous black cat mother of hers sitting on my favorite chair. *face sours at the memory* She didn't say anything, just sung something creepy. Then she pounced, hit my cloak with a blast of Red energy, and force-fed it to me while I was still wearing it.

((OOC: Edited on 6-3-2023 to account for the events of Woolgathering.))
Last edited by AmbushCat on Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Ooh... That sounds bad, but I'm not sure I really feel bad... I mean, you were like a kidnapper, right?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Jennifer: *shrugs* Pretty sure that was the least of my crimes at that point in my life. Still, just to clear the air, I didn't try to actually kidnap Ellen. She was already hanging out at the location where we'd intended to summon Acutus, just reading and minding her own business. Pretty much all I did to her was threaten her by telling her what Acutus was going to do, then adjust the summoning ritual accordingly. Everything else was in our Lady's hands.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 am

Oh, I see... Well, that's still pretty bad, too. Umm... *Sassafras thinks for a moment about what else she wants to ask.* ...Oh, right! So what are you doing now, like, after all that?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:20 pm

Jennifer: *swallows some gumdrops before answering* Well, after I transformed, Callista's old faction---the Infinite something-or-other---caught up with me. They had some sort of powerful telepath with them, and she gave me an ultimatum: provide them with the information needed to completely shut down Acutus's empire, or spend the rest of my natural life in a prison cell. I worked with them in space for a few weeks as a consultant and informant, and saw everything that I'd served come crashing down almost overnight. Afterwards they said that what I did was effectively my parole, gave me what amounts to a backslap, and released me back in Muffinville. *shakes her head and mutters* Weirdest vigilante police force I've ever heard of...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:33 am

Uh-huh, uh-huh... So like, are you just a normal person now, if they're all gone?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:23 am

Jennifer: *thinks around a sourball* Well, about as normal as people ever get around here. I figured as long as my sweet tooth was permanently set on "overdrive" by that cat, I might as well do something useful with it. So, I got a job as a taste tester at one of Muffinville's larger bakeries. Whenever they field test new recipes or rehash old ones, I get one of the first desserts available, judge its quality and suggest any improvements. It's a good job, but because of all the dental work I've had to do I'm just barely in the black.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Oh, that sounds like a fun job! A bit hard, but still fun... *Sassafras starts thinking again.* Um, I dunno what to ask now... Do you have anything else to say?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:30 am

Jennifer: Well, there is one more thing I can think of, if only because no one really understands the severity of what I go through. I have to go in for dental work an average of twice a week because of what was done to me. Most of those appointments are just for cleanings, but I've also had to go through magical procedures involving fillings that essentially transform damaged teeth into something good as new. One time, I even needed a root canal because I was a little too enthusiastic about nomming on Gobstoppers. All of this is despite the fact that I've always tried to take good care of my teeth. *sighs dejectedly* So, right: antagonizing someone in Muffinville is always a poor idea, apparently.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:58 pm

Oh. That is... bad. *Sassafras frowns, her tail and ears drooping.* I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound you didn't have problems, or anything...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Jennifer: *a bit hurriedly* That's okay, that's okay. I didn't think you were implying anything. *pops a piece of caramel fudge in her mouth* Don't beat yourself up over it and I won't fret over it, agreed?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:41 am

Oh... OK. *Sassafras seems to perk up a bit, knowing that she didn't really offend Jennifer.* So, well. If that's everything, I think I'm gonna go see some of the other people now... Is that OK?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:23 pm

Jennifer: That's perfectly alright; that's why we're here, after all. *smiles for the first time* Take care and enjoy the rest of this shindig, okay? And, um... *a bit hesitantly* If you get the chance to talk to Drew or Sabrina later, could you tell them that Jenny sends her best? They'll know who you're talking about.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse