Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby Ryan5011 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:00 pm

Arisu, a rather surprisingly human-like, youthful and slimly designed robotic girl slowly approached the manor, taking a few glances around, scanning the area, trying to make sure if she was at the right place or not. Taking a few moments to think to herself, she rung the doorbell twice, figuring it'd be better to take action to find out instead of just standing there or wandering around aimlessly.
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:05 pm

xGoggles wrote:She could also go with her usual gear and weapons like she did all those other times. It was effective enough during the level up to the boss and could even deal a decent amount of damage against them, but just not enough... Though now from those extra coins she got from the bonus level and saving up, she could also get items one tier higher than her usual get-up at level 5.
So it was either getting some high tier items and hope she could beat the boss with that and skill, or save up and put it all on the gamble of that super overpriced weapon she doesn't even know what it does.

"Yeah.. that is a best of five... Umm.. Wow... I honestly can't believe I won. Like I never really played this game before, not like this... And now all the sudden I just seem talented at it?... I just don't know what to think of it", Danaye says wondering out loud. Maybe it had to do with her new body now? Could it be that being a genie meant more than just wish-granting powers?
Looking back to Penny, "Umm, unless you want to continue playing? Or maybe want to do something else?"

Do I go for it, or...? *The maid considers her options uncertainly. It seems like she'll be taking a risk no matter which way she goes... In the end she decides to just continue pressing on as she is. She can decide which to buy when she has the points.*

I didn't think it was that big a deal... But yeah, I'm about ready to move on. Did you see anything else you wanna do?

Ryan5011 wrote:Arisu, a rather surprisingly human-like, youthful and slimly designed robotic girl slowly approached the manor, taking a few glances around, scanning the area, trying to make sure if she was at the right place or not. Taking a few moments to think to herself, she rung the doorbell twice, figuring it'd be better to take action to find out instead of just standing there or wandering around aimlessly.

*Arisu rings the doorbell, and soon after a catgirl maid comes by and opens the door!* Hello. Can we help you with something?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:59 am

Ookalf wrote:Do I go for it, or...? *The maid considers her options uncertainly. It seems like she'll be taking a risk no matter which way she goes... In the end she decides to just continue pressing on as she is. She can decide which to buy when she has the points.*

I didn't think it was that big a deal... But yeah, I'm about ready to move on. Did you see anything else you wanna do?

And so she continued on towards level 4, the train level. Things were going to be more challenging from now on, good gear or not because of all the different ways the enemies were going to approach. She just has to be on her toes the whole time.

"Well umm.." Danaye glances again back to the Dance-Dance-Revolution machine, feeling more confident in the skills of her body, she points in its direction and asks, "How about that one?"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:28 am

Ookalf wrote:*Arisu rings the doorbell, and soon after a catgirl maid comes by and opens the door!* Hello. Can we help you with something?

*Arisu scans the maid, the robot seeing if she could identify her, though she couldn't come up with a match in the end! When the robot spoke, the tone of voice was a rather unemotional monotone* "Name's Arisu...and I'm lost, I think. I'm...not actually sure. Probably has something to do with my internal map being broken. Could I get confirmation of who owns this place and where I am?"
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:10 pm

xGoggles wrote:And so she continued on towards level 4, the train level. Things were going to be more challenging from now on, good gear or not because of all the different ways the enemies were going to approach. She just has to be on her toes the whole time.

"Well umm.." Danaye glances again back to the Dance-Dance-Revolution machine, feeling more confident in the skills of her body, she points in its direction and asks, "How about that one?"

*Right, the train... Well, all she can really do now is keep pushing forward carefully, car by car.*

DDR? Works for me. *Penny walks over to the machine.* You much of a dancer?

Ryan5011 wrote:*Arisu scans the maid, the robot seeing if she could identify her, though she couldn't come up with a match in the end! When the robot spoke, the tone of voice was a rather unemotional monotone* "Name's Arisu...and I'm lost, I think. I'm...not actually sure. Probably has something to do with my internal map being broken. Could I get confirmation of who owns this place and where I am?"

Oh... Well, this is Circe's Manor, in Muffinville. The owner's named Circe, if that wasn't obvious... Does any of that help?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:40 pm

*Arisu nods, though she places her left hand against her forehead when the maid uttered 'owner', feeling her will slipping ever so slightly.* "Yes actually! I...used to stop by her shop. Would it be possible to meet with her? Or at least come in?"
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Hmm... Sure, we can probably work you in. *The maid lets Arisu in.* So, what kinda things did you go to Miss Circe's shop for?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 pm

*Arisu follows the maid in, floating just above the ground, looking around the interior, pointlessly trying to memorize the layout of the room* "Nothing too special, just the usual magical trinket, sometimes a set of clothes. One day I bit off a bit more than I could chew though. A few things I wanted together were more expensive than I could afford, though she let me work off the difference. I sorta...was forcibly summoned away that day though. Hope she isn't mad about it, if she even remembers me in the first place."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:58 am

*The inside of the manor is just as large and impressive as ever, with doors and passages leading every which way out of the foyer.* Oh... Well, I'm sure she'll understand if you just explain what happened. Did you want me to call her up right away, or did you wanna look around or whatever first?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:59 am

Ookalf wrote:*Right, the train... Well, all she can really do now is keep pushing forward carefully, car by car.*

DDR? Works for me. *Penny walks over to the machine.* You much of a dancer?

Well, the first and most annoying part was getting on the train. The level starts with the train off in the distance and her needing to pump on a handcar trying to catch up with it, but every so often enemies will start to attack from the side and air, meaning that taking the time to shoot them down will not be used to increase her speed to catch up to the train.

Danaye blushes a bit and says, "Well, not really... J-just it is something I know.. and.. something we can play together..."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:25 am

*Arisu gives the maid a dismissive shake at the suggestion of looking around the manor.* "As nice as a tour sounds, I have to pass on that. The part for my internal map's broken. I wouldn't be able to recall the layout, not until it's repaired or replaced anyways. A meeting with Circe is my only realistic choice right now."
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 pm

xGoggles wrote:Well, the first and most annoying part was getting on the train. The level starts with the train off in the distance and her needing to pump on a handcar trying to catch up with it, but every so often enemies will start to attack from the side and air, meaning that taking the time to shoot them down will not be used to increase her speed to catch up to the train.

Danaye blushes a bit and says, "Well, not really... J-just it is something I know.. and.. something we can play together..."

Oh, right... *The maid starts working that pump as fast as she can, aiming to get on the train before too many enemies can interfere.*

Gotcha. Maybe we should start with something easy then... *Penny goes through the options and loads up one of the lower difficulty songs.* Let's give it a shot.

Ryan5011 wrote:*Arisu gives the maid a dismissive shake at the suggestion of looking around the manor.* "As nice as a tour sounds, I have to pass on that. The part for my internal map's broken. I wouldn't be able to recall the layout, not until it's repaired or replaced anyways. A meeting with Circe is my only realistic choice right now."

OK then, gimme just a second. *The maid pulls out a cellphone and dials a number.* Miss Circe? We have a former customer here to see you at the entrance. Says her name's Arisu... OK, I'll let her know. *She hangs up and looks back to Arisu.* She'll be down in a minute, she says.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Easier said than done... Enemies start to fly around and fire at her, she has to fire back or take a lot of sustained damage!

Nodding the genie set herself ready on the platform.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ryan5011 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:35 pm

*Arisu silently nods* "She didn't sound annoyed did she?" *Arisu asked as she descended from the ground, no longer floating*
Ryan5011
MSFer
MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:56 am

xGoggles wrote:Easier said than done... Enemies start to fly around and fire at her, she has to fire back or take a lot of sustained damage!

Nodding the genie set herself ready on the platform.

Crap, crap, crap... *The maid starts firing rapidly on all the incoming enemies, getting her pumps in where she can.*

*So the song starts playing, and Danaye finds herself easily moving with the beat and hitting every note!* Hey, you're not bad!

(I don't actually know any DDR songs to link here or anything...)

Ryan5011 wrote:*Arisu silently nods* "She didn't sound annoyed did she?" *Arisu asked as she descended from the ground, no longer floating*

Nah, she seemed fine to me. *A short time passes, and then Circe teleports into the room!*

Are you the one who wanted to talk to me?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse