Circe's Manor Raids Again

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Circe's Manor Raids Again

Postby xGoggles » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:34 am

The miniboss was a giant iron bull, that kept on charging from across the map. She remembers that attacking it from the front won't do, and getting hit would hurt a lot; she has to use the floating platforms to jump over it and then shoot at it when it charged past her!

"Awww, I thought I had something there.. Nice shot." Danaye takes the puck, ready to serve it again. "So that makes 2 to 1?"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Right, this jerk... *The maid hops onto the nearest platform, waits for the bull to pass under her, then blasts it with all she's got! If that doesn't finish it, she'll just have to repeat the process until it does.*

Yeah, that's the score. Next serve's yours.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:59 am

The only issue was that her timing needed to be on point! The platforms would drop soon after she steps on them, so if she went on them too soon she might have gotten hit regardless.
She'll have to repeat this a few times and shoot as much as she could after each charge since the bull could sustain a lot of shots.

But before Penny was even done speaking, Danaye was already serving the puck fast towards her goal, in a sneaky attempt to maybe get a point while Penny was distracted~
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Keep moving, keep... Ah! *After going through the pattern a few times the maid stumbles and mistimes her jump, landing her right in the bull's path! This'll probably hurt...*

*Sure enough, the puck manages to slip right past Penny and into her goal!* Wha- hey! I wasn't ready yet!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:32 am

And it did hurt quite a bit! Lucky she still had some spare lives left from earlier, but that was quite unfortunate to waste one of them on this darn miniboss.
Lucky the checkpoint of the level was after the elevator, so she could go right back at the bull boss!

Danaye giggle a little, for some reason finding some joy in that little trickery she used. Until finding some guilt in it. "Uh, oh.. sorry... I'm not sure why I did that..."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:21 pm

Ugh... At least I start right here... *The maid proceeds back into miniboss chamber, determined to keep to the pattern this time.*

...Eh, I guess it's fine this time. But it won't count if you try that again! *Penny grins playfully at Danaye before setting the puck back on the table.* We good?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:53 am

And the big iron bull charges! If the maid managed to keep the pattern up for at least five times, she'll be able to defeat it.

Danaye nods "Y-yeah, sure...", she answers setting herself ready for Penny's service.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:38 am

*Just keep the pattern. Dodge the bull, shoot it, get off the platform, repeat. Dodge, shoot, get off. Dodge, shoot, get off... This time she's sure she's got it!*

OK, here it comes! *Penny hits the puck toward Danaye, bouncing it off the walls at an angle again.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:20 am

Just one more charge.. and.. she has it! The iron bull explodes in a heap of golden coins, bring her that much closer to the amazing weapon!

Danaye blocks it and shoots it straightforward again, trying to increase the pressure with fast offensive.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:36 pm

Yes! Finally got it! *The maid jumps down and grabs all the coins before moving on.*

*Penny defends, sending the puck back faster and at an angle!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:45 am

The coin-score was stacking up quite nicely, just one more level and she'll sure be able to buy that superweapon now. All that's left to do for her at the moment was exit level 3 through the gate and onto level 4~!

The genie barely managed to counter that one. Almost it was able to slip by like the others, but she kept her defense on point! They were 2 and 2, and since they were playing best out of five, the next score decided the winner, she couldn't afford any more mistakes this round.
The puck bounced back to Penny from the side.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Nice! Just need a bit more... *The maid confidently continues to the next stage!*

*Penny moves in to defend... But does so just a second too late, letting the puck right into her goal!* Ack...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:11 am

Entering the stage between levels again, to potentially purchase some items or save up for the really big one. But level 3 had been considerably harder without her usual equipment, meaning level 4 will be very challenging to play like this. But this is what she has to do to beat the level 5 boss, right? Get the best weapon and win, right?

Danaye blinks for a few seconds. Wait.. did she just win? "Huh? I.. I won??"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:40 pm

Mm... *That was the plan so far... But maybe there is something else she could be trying? The maid examines all her options one more time just in case...*

I mean, we've played five rounds and you've won three, so... I guess?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:59 am

She could also go with her usual gear and weapons like she did all those other times. It was effective enough during the level up to the boss and could even deal a decent amount of damage against them, but just not enough... Though now from those extra coins she got from the bonus level and saving up, she could also get items one tier higher than her usual get-up at level 5.
So it was either getting some high tier items and hope she could beat the boss with that and skill, or save up and put it all on the gamble of that super overpriced weapon she doesn't even know what it does.

"Yeah.. that is a best of five... Umm.. Wow... I honestly can't believe I won. Like I never really played this game before, not like this... And now all the sudden I just seem talented at it?... I just don't know what to think of it", Danaye says wondering out loud. Maybe it had to do with her new body now? Could it be that being a genie meant more than just wish-granting powers?
Looking back to Penny, "Umm, unless you want to continue playing? Or maybe want to do something else?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse