The Case of the Stolen Stopwatch

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Case of the Stolen Stopwatch

Postby Ookalf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:05 pm

OK, good to know... And yes, I can change my appearance, but it's generally limited to forms with the same mass. Yoko shifts into a slightly shorter form with green hair as a basic demonstrattion, making up for the change in height with longer hair and a larger bust.* So I won't be turning into an elephant any time soon, but it's good the occasional disguises.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:33 am

"That's what I was thinkin' about," Orphea nods. "You could probably get into lots of places unnoticed if you convince some low-wage worker to take a short break while you pretend to be them. Nobody really pays too much attention to janitors, maids, that kinda thing as long as it looks like they're doin' their jobs. Or if someone you're after notices you're chasin' 'em, you could give 'em the impression they got away and then reappear as 'someone else' who's off their radar. Might only work until they figure out a shapeshifter is after 'em, though."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Yeah, I know how it goes with people ignoring employees... But that does seem like solid advice. I'll be sure to keep it mind. Thank you. *Yoko returns to her usual form and nods to Orphea in acknowledgement.* But speaking of jobs that don't pay enough, I'm supposed to be playing a waitress, right? Is there a uniform I should be changing into?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 pm

"Well, there's uh...there's outfits." Orphea waves and leads the way toward a door with a sign on it reading "WAIT STAFF". "More like costumes, rilly. The owner lets waitresses pick which one they want but, well in your position I'd wait 'till almost time to start workin' before actually puttin' any a' these on." Opening the door reveals a changing room with racks full of hangers with various sorts of costumes on them--witch, catgirl, maid, and so on--though for the most part regardless of what the costume is themed after there tends to be less than a typical swimsuit's coverage to it. "At least they ain't magical, give 'em that much."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:16 pm

... *Yoko gives the costumes a half-lidded stare.* Of course. Of course they look like this... *She sighs and shakes her head.* Well, I guess I'll have to put up with it. Should I just wait here until it's time?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:40 pm

"Ah, you don't have ta. The Muses, we're gonna have a practice run though, and you could sit in if you want, maybe some extra compensation fer havin' to put one ah those getups. The Business don't understand 'biological hangups' like that well enough ta warn people sometimes."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:16 am

Yeah, they seemed like the type who wouldn't get that... And sure, I'll stick around if you'll let me. *Yoko nods.* Honestly, I've kind of been wanting to see you perform for a while.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:42 pm

"Alright then." With a vague gesture to follow, Orphea leads the way into the main area of the club. There's a huge bar, a bunch of seats, a dancefloor and a big stage where some crewmembers seem to be nearly finished setting things up, and then to a small group of women standing next to the stage like they're waiting for that to finish--the other members of the band proper. "Hey ya'll, this is Yoko Ookalf. Yoko, that's Cass," (indicating the lead singer, a very tall elf), "Lupa" (the drummer, who appears to be a rather muscular werewolf), "Eris..." (apparently a human with dark hair completely obscuring her face, the bassist), "an' finally Circe--uh, not th' one you know" (a very short blonde girl, who plays the synth, keyboard, or other things as a song demands).
Most of them wave or say hi when introduced, but Eris mutters something: "Don't ask where the other four are, I swear..."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 pm

Yeah, I figured that much... *Yoko gives each of the band members a nod.* It's a pleasure to meet you all.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:39 pm

"Same," Cass nods, the rest expressing similar sentiments. After a little longer, they get on stage to do some warm-up and practice a few songs.
The Muses have a mixture of original songs with covers, largely of Earth's rock songs. The band has its own style, but the lyrics for the covers are mostly faithful--when it comes to songs like Heart's "Magic Man" the lyrics are adapted to more closely fit the title "Magic Girl". As for original pieces, many of them make references here and there to Greek or Roman myths and legends, such as a piece called "Arachne's Web". They also play one instrumental piece titled "CWB 4" during which the singer goes half-offstage and takes a glass of water from one of the workers, sipping it periodically while the band plays. Eventually it gets close to supper time and the band breaks off to eat before the club opens.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue May 08, 2018 11:23 pm

*Yoko takes a seat to watch the band's performances, clapping politely after each one. When they take their break, she figures she shouldn't put off getting changed much longer and goes back to the changing room to find a costume - probably a witch or something.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Witch-themed outfits do exist in abundance, often with more material spent on the giant conical hat than anywhere else. A couple of normal employees are already in some of the changing rooms adjoining the wardrobe, so it shouldn't be too hard to blend in with them as the prep work gets started.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 pm

*Yoko grabs one of the less revealing witch costumes, however slight the difference may be, and changes into it. She doesn't really talk to any of the regular employees or anything, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself and her newness.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Before long, the place is bustling with workers getting things ready. There are plenty of easy-to-pick-up jobs to do, like getting chairs set up, wiping down tables, refilling shakers and so on. Some of the workers (who all seem to be female, though not all particularly Blue) chat between themselves; none of the conversation seems relevant to the case, however. There do seem to be some fans of the Muses or Orphea in particular among them.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri May 25, 2018 11:55 pm

*Yoko gets to work setting up the chairs, listening carefully to the conversations around her for anything of note. Just because no one's said anything important so far doesn't mean she won't hear something good eventually!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse