Calling all "Heroes"!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Ookalf » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Oh, cool... *Ookalf steps onto the elevator once it reveals itself.* And don't worry, Cosette. I'm sure you'll get the hang of talking soon enough.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:15 pm

"Right? But only the tip of the iceburg," Valora says, pulling the knight-girl in along with her. There is an array of square buttons inside indicating floors T (currently lit, so that's where they are), B5-B1, and 1-7, indicating a rather large structure above. For now Jade also comes in and presses the 1 button.
While the door closes and the elevator starts heading up, a much smoother ride than the screeching makeshift elevators back at the mansion, Jade explains: "The shaft can be completely closed off, so even if someone locates and forces the door open it is no easier to get to the base proper from there than it would be by tunneling up through the ground. The ground floor is where the living quarters are...I made rooms for five and there's space to spare besides."
"She 'borrowed' some space folding architecture techniques from Raleigh's library," Valora explains. "Now we have three outta five filled, hmm?" And ruffles a slightly confused Cosette's hair.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:11 pm

*voice crackles a bit over the connection* --Much as this convahsashun is fun listenin' to, ah's gonna hafta ketch up later. Th' Indigo signal's gittin' stronger, an' ah's guessin' she's in no mood fo' a hoedown.--
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Right? But only the tip of the iceburg," Valora says, pulling the knight-girl in along with her. There is an array of square buttons inside indicating floors T (currently lit, so that's where they are), B5-B1, and 1-7, indicating a rather large structure above. For now Jade also comes in and presses the 1 button.
While the door closes and the elevator starts heading up, a much smoother ride than the screeching makeshift elevators back at the mansion, Jade explains: "The shaft can be completely closed off, so even if someone locates and forces the door open it is no easier to get to the base proper from there than it would be by tunneling up through the ground. The ground floor is where the living quarters are...I made rooms for five and there's space to spare besides."
"She 'borrowed' some space folding architecture techniques from Raleigh's library," Valora explains. "Now we have three outta five filled, hmm?" And ruffles a slightly confused Cosette's hair.

*Ookalf nods.* Sounds impressive....

AmbushCat wrote:*voice crackles a bit over the connection* --Much as this convahsashun is fun listenin' to, ah's gonna hafta ketch up later. Th' Indigo signal's gittin' stronger, an' ah's guessin' she's in no mood fo' a hoedown.--

...Oh, right! We never figured out who Apple's running after, did we?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:32 pm

"Yes! Go! I thought I kicked you off my comms five minutes ago," says Jade, with an uncharacteristic touch of annoyance. It's possible she has a certain sense of pride in technical skills that was slightly wounded by the pony's continuing to just bypass all the usual security on that stuff.
"Someone indigo really doesn't sound like much of a threat," says Valora. "Anyway she doesn't sound too worried, and has shown some real competence--pill addiction aside--so unless we get a distress signal we can probably assume things are fine?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Hm, you might be right, Valora... Should we just leave her to that and carry on?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:57 pm

"I think that might be best," says Jade. "Anyway, I've had a few simple drones wandering the tunnels since they were discovered, but their main control system is upstairs. If there is some massive Indigo signal to worry about, then one of them should've already picked up on it. And one or two could be reassigned to monitoring that situation more closely."
The elevator gives a pleasant 'ding', and the door opens to reveal the kind of elevator room one might see in a large hotel or hospital, the elevator the group is in facing out from what would normally be a back wall and three elevators on either side wall. The room opens out to a wide hallway with a door directly across from the big elevator.
"I've clustered the furnished bedrooms over to the right," Jade explains, stepping out. "Some of those on the left serve various living functions, but the majority is just empty space at the moment."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:37 pm

I see... *Ookalf follows Jade out of the elevator.* Are we going to look at any of these rooms?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:53 pm

"Certainly, any you like," says Jade, nodding.
"Uhhh, not my bedroom," Valora corrects her. "But we should still head right first and see about keying one of the furnished spares to our new member, hmm?"
"I suppose my sleep mode was also irreparably broken.." Cosette mutters, catching on that this talk is about her. Jade leads the way off toward the right, apparently agreeing with this.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:07 am

Well, I wouldn't say broken, exactly. I'd say it's just... different. I'm sure you'll like sleeping as a human once you try it. *Ookalf continues following, looking around as they go.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:36 am

"Perhaps..." They go past several doors to a collection of four near the end of the hall which each have some kind of speaker-plus-camera-looking device where a doorknob might be expected.
Jade comes closer to the device in front of the very last door on the right. "Hephaestus, new assignment for this room. Name: Cosette." The device beeps after a moment. "Biometric identification sample:" she introduces, and then stays quiet. After a short pause, Valora emphatically elbows the former-robot.
"Ow! What?" The wolf-girl just gestures toward the device. "What is it? I require more clear instructions." The device beeps again.
"I'm sorry, I should have explained what I was going to do before doing it. But now it should open if you tell it to." says Jade.
"Oh. I, require passage?" A machine audibly opens the lock and the door swings open, a light turning on automatically. Inside is a fairly large bedroom with a bed, desk and computer chair, some shelving and several wall plugs; an open door inside of the bedroom seems to lead on to an attached bathroom and possibly more. The bed is bare--just box springs and a mattress--and the shelf and desk are empty as well, but otherwise it looks like a pretty nice room.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Huh... *Ookalf takes a quick look around the room.* Not bad. Well, the bed's a little off, but you can probably deal with that when you get settled in... Right?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 pm

"We will find some sheets, more clothes, and other necessities before you need to sleep here," says Jade. "You can retire here for now if you need some time alone."
"I..would prefer to see more of the building. All of the map data was on Hephaestus's end, so I am a complete a stranger to the layout."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 pm

*Ookalf shrugs.* I'm fine with her staying on the tour, for whatever that's worth.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat May 12, 2018 9:25 pm

*The sounds of hooting, hollering and gunfire can be distantly heard over Applepills' connection, followed by a chorus of inhuman roars and battle cries. The volume is down to the point where it doesn't disturb those that are listening, and at any rate it sounds like the bio-plushie's having fun.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse