Calling all "Heroes"!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Abruptly, in the middle of the evening news one night, someone hijacks the signal on a number of Muffinville's TV channels. Later, the police and anyone else investigating the incident will be completely mystified as to the precise origin of the hijacking signal,though it will be clear that a few particular TV stations really need their security checked over. But for now...there is the message.

A dark, blurry image appears on screen. It's a room--well, more like a small area enclosed in concrete--with a folding chair, and a small, unidentifiable figure sitting in said chair. A heavily voiceover, spoken by a heavily distorted, deep-throated, growling voice, begins soon after this strange broadcast starts: "There are those in and around this town who consider themselves 'heroes'. Who claim they are willing to help those in need. Here's a little game for you, 'heroes'. I have this little girl locked up tight." The scene on the screen static-transitions to a slightly more zoomed-in shot where the figure on the chair can be seen a little bit more clearly, at least enough to see long hair and that they are slumped over as if asleep or crying. "If nobody comes to save her, there's no telling what will happen." The voice gives a good, deep mu-haha for a second. "If you do think an innocent life is worth saving, maybe you should pay a visit to the Youngton post office." Youngton is a small district of Muffinville known for being largely populated by Red girls and other variants of people much older than they physically appear. It only has one post office, so the instructions are pretty clear. The voice continues, "I'll be seeing you again..." and then the hijacked signal abruptly cuts off, just as the stations it affects finally begin to realize something is wrong.

Will anyone respond to this challenge? Was anyone even watching the news or one of the several other channels affected at the time? Only time will tell.

((A kind of action/mystery thread is planned here. Probably not much in the way of transformations unless a character is almost literally asking for it.))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Abillioncats » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 pm

Click.

The tv shut off as a young man pushed the off button on his remote. He sighed as he rose from his couch. "So, villains are resorting to kidnapping innocent little girls now? Pathetic." He threw is cloak on, an aura of annoyance emanating from his person. "I thought I was done with this hero business, but it seems fate has other plans in mind."

He walked out of his apartment, idly looking up at the night sky. "I suppose I didn't have any other plans though." With a shrug he started walking, he didn't stop until he reached his destination, the Youngston post office.

---------

The entrance burst open to the post office as the man arrived, "Alright scumbag I'm here, so you can start whatever stupid crap you're planning." The man's expression was more than a little annoyed.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 pm

*A voice, rather low to the ground and with a distinctive Tennessean drawl, speaks from behind him.*

Long as ah have th' evenin' off, mebbe ah ought t'give this hero thin' a go too.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 am

*Ookalf pulls up to the post office on his motorcycle and runs in behind the other man.* What's going on here?!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 pm

The annoyed man kicks in the door to find a dark post office, the place having closed down maybe half an hour ago. But on closer inspection, there's something here that doesn't seem to belong: A big, 9-foot-tall humanoid robot! Its design is something like a miniature Gundam, the spikes on the head nearly scraping the ceiling, with an arm cannon on the left arm and something resembling a sword built into the right. Its eyes glow ominously when the door opens, and it turns that cannon toward the guy in the doorway, charging for a second before firing a small ball of blue-white laser energy at him. A normal person could probably dodge a shot like this, with how long it takes to wind it up, but it creates a small, hot explosion on whatever it does hit. Through the glass doors, Ookalf can probably at least see the blast of energy coming at the guy in front. Whoever's just behind him can probably even see the robot from their angle.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:52 pm

*The source of the voice---a tan-colored pony with black hair---sneers when she sees the machine, reflexively side-stepping away from whatever the energy bolt hits. Her eyes change color to a bright orange, and she hunkers down, preparing to fight.*

So thass how we is a-gonna play it, huh? Engagin' Combat Mode.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 pm

He quickly side steps out of the way of the energy blast, a large sword materializes in his right hand as he does. "Right to the point I see...good!" For now he completely ignores his fellow would-be heroes as he charges at the robot with suprising speed and swings his sword down on the arm cannon. Best to get rid of his opponent's ranged weapon before it becomes an issue.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:16 pm

*As the young man begins his attack, the pony---or whatever it is---follows after him and bounds into the air, drawing what seems to be a modified elephant gun from...somewhere. In a heartbeat she aims at the robot's eyes and fires before she lands, counting on the gun's recoil to force herself away.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:24 pm

The machine opponent draws its cannon-arm back away from the man's sword swing, in the same motion putting its own blade, attached to the other arm, in its way. The sword begins to glow with some green laser-like energy that, once fully charged, will be capable of cutting most mundane weapons' ordinary metal clean through. At the same time, it takes the pony's shot right through one glowing eye, leaving a hole clean through in its wake, but by all accounts this doesn't seem to affect its function much. For being humanoid, it seems like its designer decided against giving it that particular humanoid weakness. Mildly sparking circuitry and some LEDs responsible for the eye-glow are visible inside the hole. If someone is piloting it from inside, well, their head isn't in its head.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Is this a trap!? *Ookalf runs in the second the door's clear and charges the robot with his sword drawn. Seeing that the others are already aiming for two different points, he decides to focus efforts away from them and slashes at one of the robot's legs.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Pony: ...Huh. Sho'tin' out th' oppics usually wawks, but ah guess not. Reevaluatin' opshuns...

*The pony-whatever makes as wide a circle around the robot as her surroundings will permit, glaring at the machine and never taking its eyes off of it.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 pm

He tsks in annoyance and bounds backwards away from the machine, his sword dematerializing as he did. In its place appeared two magnum pistols, one in each of his hands. "Should have just started with this..." He didn't hesitate to fire, aiming at the robot's center. He fired about five rounds from each gun, the rounds themselves appeared to be metal, but they were glowing hot.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 pm

The robot does kind of a cartwheel away from Ookalf's slash (its size giving it no room to actually jump inside of this building), which has the effect of getting it out of the way of the other guy's first few bullets, possibly just by accident. It stops on its feet with the arm-cannon fully charged again, and fires it right at the pony!

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:32 pm

*Snarling, the pony takes aim at the robot's foot with her elephant gun and fires again. Regardless of whether or not the shot does any meaningful damage, the shot's recoil knocks her backwards head-over-tail---and away from where the incoming attack was aimed.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:47 pm

He lets out a curse as his weapons recharge, new bullets appearing rematerializing inside the weapons. He open fires again as the robot focuses on the pony.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse