Calling all "Heroes"!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Ookalf » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 am

OK, we're on the right track. *Ookalf puts the tracker away again and proceeds to the next gate.* And for the record, Circe probably wouldn't disguise herself as me...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:35 am

Ookalf wrote:OK, we're on the right track. *Ookalf puts the tracker away again and proceeds to the next gate.* And for the record, Circe probably wouldn't disguise herself as me...

*whickers softly* Eff'n yo' doesn't mind mah honesty, Mister Ooka'f, it's not like ennyone c'd mistake her fo' yo' even eff'n she were so inclined.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:33 pm

As they drive up, someone steps out from one of the buildings nearby. Her body and clothing look rather..female-Link-like, or Linkle-esque perhaps, especially since she has a sheathed broadsword strapped to her side. Her expression is just as bored-looking as her voice sounded. She waves at the visitors as they come driving up. "Yo. Name's Zerda. And yes, I know, but my clothes change back to this every sunset so it's really not funny to me anymore. Anyway. There's a parking lot on the first right if you need it." She walks up to the second set of gates and holds her right hand up, speaking a few runic words. A symbol appears glowing in the air in front of her hand, a matching symbol on the wall next to the gates, and then the symbol's glow spreads over to the gates, causing them to open via some magic. Then she calmly strides inside on the sidewalk.

There is a small visitor's parking lot, mostly empty, to the right just as advertised. Along the road past there are rows and rows of what could be best described as miniature castles and fortresses, in themes varying from medieval European to Asian or Indian, to even in some cases visibly futuristic or literally underwater, held inside of a huge fishbowl with some airlocks going to the entrance. Zerda stops next to the parking lot, seeming to expect them to get out and go on foot from here.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:30 pm

Dan parked the vehicle, though as soon as everyone stepped out the vehicle vanished in the same manner Dan had made it appear earlier. That sort of made the whole parking thing pointless, but Dan still liked to park anyway.

"I not sure why it would be funny, but ok." Dan wasn't one to make fun of what people wore...or get video game references.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:57 pm

*Applepills drops to the ground when the car disappears.*

Ready t' Ocko-rock an' roll when ev'ryone else is.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:02 am

AmbushCat wrote:*whickers softly* Eff'n yo' doesn't mind mah honesty, Mister Ooka'f, it's not like ennyone c'd mistake her fo' yo' even eff'n she were so inclined.

Well, sure, usually, but she has magic and stuff she could use for disguises...

Whatevr89532 wrote:As they drive up, someone steps out from one of the buildings nearby. Her body and clothing look rather..female-Link-like, or Linkle-esque perhaps, especially since she has a sheathed broadsword strapped to her side. Her expression is just as bored-looking as her voice sounded. She waves at the visitors as they come driving up. "Yo. Name's Zerda. And yes, I know, but my clothes change back to this every sunset so it's really not funny to me anymore. Anyway. There's a parking lot on the first right if you need it." She walks up to the second set of gates and holds her right hand up, speaking a few runic words. A symbol appears glowing in the air in front of her hand, a matching symbol on the wall next to the gates, and then the symbol's glow spreads over to the gates, causing them to open via some magic. Then she calmly strides inside on the sidewalk.

There is a small visitor's parking lot, mostly empty, to the right just as advertised. Along the road past there are rows and rows of what could be best described as miniature castles and fortresses, in themes varying from medieval European to Asian or Indian, to even in some cases visibly futuristic or literally underwater, held inside of a huge fishbowl with some airlocks going to the entrance. Zerda stops next to the parking lot, seeming to expect them to get out and go on foot from here.

Oh, wow... *Ookalf parks his bike and runs over to meet the others.* Man, this place is pretty incredible, huh? All these castles and stuff...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:26 am

Ookalf wrote:Well, sure, usually, but she has magic and stuff she could use for disguises...

Ah reckon yo' knows whut ah's talkin' about, so less leave it at thet an' carry on. Which direckshun is we goin' in?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:29 pm

The device Ookalf has continues to ping slightly faster toward the east, effectively pointing them to continue on down the road.

Zerda gives the pony's pun a singular, emphatic "Hah." And then responds to Ookalf's comment: "Yeah, when the owners set this place up, they figured if people were gonna get kidnapped all time like princesses, they oughta have a home life like one, too. There's a lot of customization, and all kinds of security systems and traps are available as options too. So, uh, you'll need to be pretty careful if this search takes you to the inside of certain castles around here..."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:21 am

AmbushCat wrote:Ah reckon yo' knows whut ah's talkin' about, so less leave it at thet an' carry on. Which direckshun is we goin' in?

*Ookalf shrugs and checks the device again.*

Whatevr89532 wrote:The device Ookalf has continues to ping slightly faster toward the east, effectively pointing them to continue on down the road.

Zerda gives the pony's pun a singular, emphatic "Hah." And then responds to Ookalf's comment: "Yeah, when the owners set this place up, they figured if people were gonna get kidnapped all time like princesses, they oughta have a home life like one, too. There's a lot of customization, and all kinds of security systems and traps are available as options too. So, uh, you'll need to be pretty careful if this search takes you to the inside of certain castles around here..."

Well, it seems like we're continuing on this road... And don't worry, we'll try not to get into any trouble while we're here.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:53 am

"The only thing we're interested in is stopping this villain." Dan said flatly. "Last thing we want is trouble."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:30 am

Abillioncats wrote:"The only thing we're interested in is stopping this villain." Dan said flatly. "Last thing we want is trouble."

*shakes her head* No, th' last thin' yer hankerin' is trouble. I've got no problems wif it.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 pm

"If I thought you three could cause the kind of trouble we're worried about around here, well, I wouldn't have let you in," says Zerda. She starts leading the way on down the road along the sidewalk unprompted. "Just thought it'd be good to warn you about the traps and all. Me, I couldn't stand to live in a place that might injure me or catapult me out if I'm not careful enough. I just keep a sign hung on my door that says 'WARNING: Time-of-day-based iridescent' and that keeps 'em off my back just fine."

((OOC plan note: To keep things moving, I sort of hope for the next round to go "walking along the road" and then by the next time I post we can actually get to the specific building the device is pointing them toward.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Ah, I see... *As they walk along, Ookalf points the device toward each of the castles to see if any of them get a particular reaction from it.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 pm

*Applepills follows along, whistling a few tunes as she goes.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Dan simply follows, not having anything to say.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse