Calling all "Heroes"!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Ookalf » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:39 pm

Huh. I thought the explosion would be bigger... *As soon as the explosion clears, Ookalf cautiously reenters the building to look around.* ...Hey, what's that there? *After spotting the still glowing object, Ookalf goes over to remove the debris and see what it is.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:06 am

"I could ask you the same thing pony." He replied sharply. "I'm no one important, though if you must have my name, it's Dan. I don't do that superhero name crap, don't really care to be lumped with those people. I just exterminate vermin when I see them."

As Ookalf goes towards the glowing object Dan steps forward. "Hey careful, we don't know what that is or what it does. It could be transformative...or worse." Dan had seen enough greenhorns to know what could happen when a would-be hero wasn't careful.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:22 am

Abillioncats wrote:"I could ask you the same thing pony." He replied sharply. "I'm no one important, though if you must have my name, it's Dan. I don't do that superhero name crap, don't really care to be lumped with those people. I just exterminate vermin when I see them."

*The pony is silent for a few seconds before she finally smirks.*

Wal then, it soun's like yo' an' ah will git along jest fine. Y'all kin call me Applepills. *warningly* An' no laughs about mah name unless yo' enjoy Swiss cheese, yo' git whut ah's sayin'?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:25 pm

"I only laugh at things that are funny." Dan said rather flatly.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Clearing off the debris, Ookalf finds some kind of handheld device, vaguely resembling a taller, slimmer and less angular version of a gameboy with a backlight. The screen shows a certain screenshot that should be familiar to most people who've ever played video games. It doesn't have any buttons or any other obvious way to input things, but the screen's backlight periodically flashes slightly brighter, a speaker inside the device making a soft "ping" sound when it does so.

A door leading deeper into the post office is slowly, cautiously opened by a hand about halfway up. Soon the person behind it is fully visible. Seeing there are people present, she says, "Hi, uh...is it safe to come out there? Big robot gone?"
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Abillioncats wrote:"I only laugh at things that are funny." Dan said rather flatly.

*mutters, disgruntled* A lot of varmints seem t'reckon it's funny...

A door leading deeper into the post office is slowly, cautiously opened by a hand about halfway up. Soon the person behind it is fully visible. Seeing there are people present, she says, "Hi, uh...is it safe to come out there? Big robot gone?"

Yep. Blown t'pieces acrost th' post office. Bug rider on over thar's tryin' t'figger out whut's whut an' who's who.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 pm

Dan reflexively summoned a pistol when he heard the door open, but he relaxed when he saw it was just a girl. "Have you been here this whole time?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Abillioncats wrote:As Ookalf goes towards the glowing object Dan steps forward. "Hey careful, we don't know what that is or what it does. It could be transformative...or worse." Dan had seen enough greenhorns to know what could happen when a would-be hero wasn't careful.

Relax, I'll be careful...

Whatevr89532 wrote:Clearing off the debris, Ookalf finds some kind of handheld device, vaguely resembling a taller, slimmer and less angular version of a gameboy with a backlight. The screen shows a certain screenshot that should be familiar to most people who've ever played video games. It doesn't have any buttons or any other obvious way to input things, but the screen's backlight periodically flashes slightly brighter, a speaker inside the device making a soft "ping" sound when it does so.

Hm. I guess she's not here after all... *Ookalf picks up the device and shows it to the others.* At least, that's what I'm getting from this. Anyone else?

AmbushCat wrote:Yep. Blown t'pieces acrost th' post office. Bug rider on over thar's tryin' t'figger out whut's whut an' who's who.

*Ookalf holds up a hand.* Ah, I think that means me. The name's Ookalf, by the way.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:48 pm

*Ookalf holds up a hand.* Ah, I think that means me. The name's Ookalf, by the way.

Ohhhh, right. Thet biker guy who keeps gittin' transfo'med lef' an' right. I've heard of yo'!

Hm. I guess she's not here after all... *Ookalf picks up the device and shows it to the others.* At least, that's what I'm getting from this. Anyone else?

*looks at the screen curiously* We ain't gonna hafta go through seven mo'e robots, are we?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 pm

"Mhm," the girl nods to Dan. "I was workin' late, taking care of some last-minute sorting, and all of a sudden that robot walks in and just starts...standing there. It even bothered to duck its way into the door when it probably could've just broken the walls on the way in. I didn't feel like risking comin' out here while it was still there, but then there was the big boom from out here and I thought I oughta at least see what happened. What's, uh...who's not here now?" she asks in reference to some of Ookalf's statements.

The device "pings" with the accompanying glow in a rhythmic kind of fashion. Pointing it in different directions seems to make it ping very slightly more or less often, depending on the direction.

((/me double takes at Ambush's now-glowing avatar.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 pm

"That robot was sent here by a kidnapper. I saw it on TV, as I assume these two probably did. They told us to come here if we wished to save this girl." Dan glanced at the beeping device in Ookalf's hand.

"Whatever their endgame is it can't be good. I know how creeps like this do things, were gonna be lead from place to place, where more and more dangerous traps will be waiting for us. Most likely he wants to wear us out until he finally gets us." Dan sighed. "Unfortunately, since they have a hostage we don't really have a choice but to play this game...for now at least."

Dan kicked a piece of rubble on the ground, sending it flying. "We're being forced to play a game where we don't even know the rules, it's pissing me off."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 pm

((/me double takes at Ambush's now-glowing avatar.))

((OOC: I had nothing to do with it. It was just something I found at DeviantArt recently. :lol: ))

Abillioncats wrote:"That robot was sent here by a kidnapper. I saw it on TV, as I assume these two probably did. They told us to come here if we wished to save this girl." Dan glanced at the beeping device in Ookalf's hand.

"Whatever their endgame is it can't be good. I know how creeps like this do things, were gonna be lead from place to place, where more and more dangerous traps will be waiting for us. Most likely he wants to wear us out until he finally gets us." Dan sighed. "Unfortunately, since they have a hostage we don't really have a choice but to play this game...for now at least."

Dan kicked a piece of rubble on the ground, sending it flying. "We're being forced to play a game where we don't even know the rules, it's pissing me off."

Eff'n warin' us out is his goal, he's gonna be awfully disappointed. *removes a medicine container from her person and downs its contents* Ah don't git tired.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:42 am

AmbushCat wrote:Ohhhh, right. Thet biker guy who keeps gittin' transfo'med lef' an' right. I've heard of yo'!

...Is that really the reputation I have?

Whatevr89532 wrote:The device "pings" with the accompanying glow in a rhythmic kind of fashion. Pointing it in different directions seems to make it ping very slightly more or less often, depending on the direction.

Wait, hang on. I think this thing's trying to point us somewhere... *Ookalf starts going around the room with the device to see where the pinging is the fastest.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:49 pm

It seems like the device pings slightly more often toward the east side of the room. It's still not going very fast, and it's about even once on that side of the room, so whatever it's "pointing" toward probably isn't in this building.

"I see, yeah, that's pretty messed up..." The girl nods to Dan and Applepills' comments. "Hope ya make it out alright. Um..don't worry 'bout the damage, I think the postmaster has her 'giant robot attack' insurance paid up this month.." She walks over toward where Ookalf is, leaning to one side to get a look at the device's screen from behind him. "Ya think the thing about a princess there is a clue? 'Cause as a mail sorter, y'know, there's one place I know with loads of folks named 'Princess' somethingorother."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:12 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:It seems like the device pings slightly more often toward the east side of the room. It's still not going very fast, and it's about even once on that side of the room, so whatever it's "pointing" toward probably isn't in this building.

"I see, yeah, that's pretty messed up..." The girl nods to Dan and Applepills' comments. "Hope ya make it out alright. Um..don't worry 'bout the damage, I think the postmaster has her 'giant robot attack' insurance paid up this month.." She walks over toward where Ookalf is, leaning to one side to get a look at the device's screen from behind him. "Ya think the thing about a princess there is a clue? 'Cause as a mail sorter, y'know, there's one place I know with loads of folks named 'Princess' somethingorother."

"Hmmm perhaps...that purpose of that device seems to be to point us in the right direction. Is this princess haven to the east?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse