Calling all "Heroes"!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Ookalf » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:05 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Jade's voice cuts into the conversation. "We have a situation down in the tunnels. Applepills appears to have turned knightbot #3 into a person; I, miscalculated. She's...confused, and I don't have any speakers in easy range."
Valora grins and laughs, "Hahah! Does that make you a parent, too?"
"This is serious, Valora. I'm opening elevator 2, please move as quickly as you can."
The wolf-woman claps her hands against each other just a couple of times. "Welp, this is getting cut short. Or you can come with if you want, this is sure to be fun!" she offers, before starting a sprint toward the door back into the hallway. The first door on the right in there has apparently opened itself up to reveal a blank-looking, empty room, which is her actual target.

Well, I can hardly just sit here if there's actual trouble now! *Ookalf runs after Valora to join her in the elevator.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Hey, knight-gal? Do me a flavo'---ah mean, favo' an' let yer boss knows thet ah's a-gonna take a detour, would ya? Scanners is pickin' up some Indigo somewhar in th' tunnels, so ah's gonna take a look-see. Disengagin' Combat Mode.

*With nothing further to say Applepills turns and ventures off into the caverns, whistling a tune as she leaves.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:05 pm

"I...wait!" The girl in the shell attempts to get up to pursue Applepills, but collapses onto her face in the middle of the first attempted step. "Milady, I'm sorry, I didn't eliminate the threat. It's getting away..."

--

Once Valora, Ookalf, and (if he follows too) Dan are in the elevator, the door shuts and it starts a rapid, screeching descent.
"She seems to be struggling to move," Jade's worried voice comes over the goggles-com. "Something else...Applepills claimed to detect someone Indigo in the tunnels, but the whole area was clean the last time we did a sweep. My sensors aren't detecting anything, either."
"They don't hit the whole tunnel system yet, right?"
"Of course not. It's far too extensive to expect they ever will. There must have been thousands of Chibi living down here at one time."
"Then it's just somewhere outta range. Nothing to worry about. Can I talk about me for a minute while we wait?"
"I'll be double-checking all the cameras and scanners..."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Once Valora, Ookalf, and (if he follows too) Dan are in the elevator, the door shuts and it starts a rapid, screeching descent.
"She seems to be struggling to move," Jade's worried voice comes over the goggles-com. "Something else...Applepills claimed to detect someone Indigo in the tunnels, but the whole area was clean the last time we did a sweep. My sensors aren't detecting anything, either."
"They don't hit the whole tunnel system yet, right?"
"Of course not. It's far too extensive to expect they ever will. There must have been thousands of Chibi living down here at one time."
"Then it's just somewhere outta range. Nothing to worry about. Can I talk about me for a minute while we wait?"
"I'll be double-checking all the cameras and scanners..."

*Ookalf nods as he listens in on the conversation.* Sounds like we might have to go look for her too... What were you going to say about yourself, there?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:44 pm

"It's me, and it's a little bit of Jade, too. You know, the Nothing she was pulled from didn't expel things from nowhere. It was all ideas that had faded out: Dead gods, vanquished dragons, self-destroying avatars--that one person who fell inside, heehee. Or dead wolves from the Author's forest? That's where I get the idea we're related. Y'see, I was really made from wolf corpses--two, that hated each other. A savage, cruel fighter and the hero always fighting against him. Burned up in an undying fire, and in a hilarious twist, reborn with an elemental of that fire as the life force, and 'fitting' color energies as glue."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:55 pm

Viridi: *via telepathy, incensed* ~An "idea"? The Goddess of Nature is no "idea"! I existed in this world eons before humans developed two brain cells to rub together, never mind the Muffin Continent ever being CALLED the~----

Applepills: *interrupts sharply* Shet yer yap, houn'dog goddess. Cain't a gal do some splorin' wifout th' entertainmen' channel bein' disrupted?

*outraged* ~"HOUND DOG GODDESS"?! I'll extract your fluff out your ears with pliers, you MMPH-NNHMPH! MHPH?!

Phosphora: *nervous laugh* ~Um, sorry about the interruption, don't mind her, carry on.~
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:21 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"It's me, and it's a little bit of Jade, too. You know, the Nothing she was pulled from didn't expel things from nowhere. It was all ideas that had faded out: Dead gods, vanquished dragons, self-destroying avatars--that one person who fell inside, heehee. Or dead wolves from the Author's forest? That's where I get the idea we're related. Y'see, I was really made from wolf corpses--two, that hated each other. A savage, cruel fighter and the hero always fighting against him. Burned up in an undying fire, and in a hilarious twist, reborn with an elemental of that fire as the life force, and 'fitting' color energies as glue."

I see... Well, that does explain a thing or two about you. So you're basically two people in one, Valora?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Valora looks toward an upper corner of the elevator, obviously unsure which direction to actually talk at. "I have a slight urge to see whether nature itself is as easy to burn as it is to provoke...but I know better. I mean, I was literally saying you existed before the incident, which..seems to be your point too?
"Anyway--yeah. I'm stuck in a war with my
self, but I'm gettin' used to it! Back to Jade though. Two more of my pack in the same circle of friends I knew: One a plan-maker: smart, cold, calculating, the other a peacemaker: kind, friendly, forgiving. I knew, I could see them in her from the moment we met. Although she's blessed to not remember being burned alive, she agreed with the evidence once I laid it out. In our way, then, we're like sisters. That's when we started talking about trying to make a bigger team."

The elevator screeches slightly to a halt, and then makes a slightly comedic, calm *ding* as the door opens up to some dark tunnels. Some lights built into the roof flicker on, and the wolf-girl strides out, looking around. She taps something on the side of her goggles a couple of times. "Directions please? I don't know left from down in this place, never mind all your dozens of code words for things."
"Ah, sorry. They're uploading now. The scanners haven't really picked anything up yet...aside from some broad-scale telepathy spiking the psionic actuators."
Valora starts leading the way. "I'm still not convinced you don't make up your own words for things..."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:10 pm

*Ookalf follows Valora out of the elevator and into the tunnels.* So how far do we think Applepills went down here, anyway?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:43 pm

Valora has a brisk, impatient kind of walk, but Ookalf probably won't have any real trouble keeping up. "Well, she's passed outside of my scanner range, so there's really no telling," says Jade through the goggles. "We didn't make these tunnels; I discovered them when I was digging down to build my actual base. There is substantial evidence that the ancient chibi people used, possibly made them...maybe some modern chibi still know about them, but I haven't seen anyone since setting up down here."

They come up to the girl in question, who at the moment just appears to be a robot cast in shiny black metal in the style of a knights armor, lightly cracked and lying prone on the ground. "Milday? Is that your voice? I've lost contact...something's wrong with the servos or power supply, I can't lift my armor casing.."
"Um...yes. I'm using radio to contact you. We'll try and get the armor off for now, okay?"
"Yes, Milady," she says dutifully.
"Valora, does it look like the releases ares still there?"
"Yep. Outer casing's the same as it was. I dunno if it still works, but.."
"Okay. Listen, you see the small circles on either side, approximately at the waist level? Turn her over and then someone needs to press each circle, hard. They're designed for maintenance machines to be able to open the outer casing and fix or replace the internal components, but.."
"Lot of trouble to drag her out to you, yeah. MIght not survive the rest of the reassembly process either, heehee." Valora walks closer and flips her over onto her back with apparent ease, staying on one side and pointing out one of the circles Jade mentioned; an identical one is on the other side. "Well, you up to it, 'uncle'?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 pm

We just need to hit those spots hard, right? That shouldn't be too difficult... Henshin! *Ookalf changes into his Rider form again to boost his strength, then runs up to the prone ex-robot and gives of the point Valora indicated a solid punch!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:45 pm

"Wh--I said press, not--!" Jade's warning is a little too slow, but Valora reacts well enough. She kneels over and puts her hand on the circle opposite the one Ookalf punches, holding the armor's front with her other hand to keep her still so they both actually get pressed. The force of the punch punch spreads several of the cracks on the armor a little farther, but doesn't actually break or crumple it thanks to its sturdy construction, and if the outer shell is still working as intended then the front and back should pop apart to where Valora can simply lift the front off and finally see what the girl the knight-bot got turned into really looks like...

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:37 pm

*can be heard chuckling softly over the radio* --Li'l bit too hard thar, Biker Fella.--

((OOC: S'okay if I leave what she looks like without the armor up to your discretion, Whatever? :| I haven't had much time to actually look for suitable pictures recently.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:46 am

Er, oops? *Ookalf takes a step back as the armor opens up.* She said to hit it hard, so I just kind of went as hard as I could... My bad.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:06 pm

"What are you doing in my comms? Rrgh.." Jade is briefly distracted by reconfiguring the security on her communication system out of a combination of paranoia and annoyance that someone managed to get in in the first place.
Meanwhile, Valora casually tosses the heavy metal plating aside, making it clatter loudly against the stone floor nearby. Inside is a rather short, pink-haired girl (unarmed at the moment) with her eyes closed, groaning slightly. Her eyes flutter open, she looks back and forth rapidly once or twice before zeroing in on Ookalf. "AAHH! Intruder!" She makes an impressive jump from lying on her back to jumping right at Ookalf, attempting to get her hands around his throat to strangle him. "I'll kill you first, and then chase down the other one!"

((No problem Ambush. Just wanted to give you a chance before declaring anything, in case you did have something specific in mind.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse