Calling all "Heroes"!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Already the black-knight robot has its shield turned in Applepills's general direction, and it holds it defensively, making most of the bullets ricochet off with no easily-read damage to the shield itself. It advances with a swing of its blade, the speaker starting to talk in that voice again. "Do you even care about that girl? Isn't this just a game to you?"

--

An explosion rocks the magnet as the sword attaches itself to another part of it. Its whirr takes on a higher pitch as the sturdy machine' drawing power weakens, several of its numerous redundancies spent. The woman grins maniacally again at seeing Dan was not entirely prepared for the feint. "One of my many flaws~! But I know about you, wolf-boy, or I dunno, uncle?" She draws back as if about to make some kind of tackle toward Dan. "Whoopsie, shouldn't say anything about that yet. But our relationship is sooo~ complicated!" The jump turns out to be a sideways cartwheel instead, aiming to land a fast-moving boot in Ookalf's face.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:45 pm

Dan lets out a sigh, this was getting annoying. He had no idea what this crazy lady was talking about, and he really wasn't sure if he should care either.

Ookalf seemed to be doing a pretty good job of keeping her occupied, so he summoned two more grenades and let them fly towards the machine once more. It may be a sturdy thing, but there's only so much trauma it can handle right?
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:38 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:n explosion rocks the magnet as the sword attaches itself to another part of it. Its whirr takes on a higher pitch as the sturdy machine' drawing power weakens, several of its numerous redundancies spent. The woman grins maniacally again at seeing Dan was not entirely prepared for the feint. "One of my many flaws~! But I know about you, wolf-boy, or I dunno, uncle?" She draws back as if about to make some kind of tackle toward Dan. "Whoopsie, shouldn't say anything about that yet. But our relationship is sooo~ complicated!" The jump turns out to be a sideways cartwheel instead, aiming to land a fast-moving boot in Ookalf's face.

What? *Ookalf grabs the woman's leg when she kicks at him and attempts to hold her there.* Did you just call me your uncle? What did you mean by that?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:40 pm

If he can avoid getting knocked over by her momentum, Ookalf gets purchase on the ankle of her boot. She remains standing on her head for a moment. "I guess that is a little upside-down, hm? The uncle's the brother of a maker, but what do you call the maker of a sister?" The grenades head to the magnet and blow more of it up, dealing the final blow. It audibly powers down, reducing the noise level in the room considerably. But right in the middle of that loud, explosive noise, she slips out of the boot and twirls on one hand, giving a mid-force kick toward Ookalf's midsection before flipping over onto her feet again, tossing the other boot vaguely in Dan's direction in the process.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:25 pm

The maker of...? *Ookalf's attempts to puzzle out the woman's words leave him distracted, as does the sudden explosion of her magnet. This distraction results in him taking her kick and reeling back.* Ugh... Whoever you are, you've got a pretty decent kick! *Ookalf tosses the boot in his hands aside before continuing.* So if you're not behind this kidnapping, then what are you doing here?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 am

Already the black-knight robot has its shield turned in Applepills's general direction, and it holds it defensively, making most of the bullets ricochet off with no easily-read damage to the shield itself. It advances with a swing of its blade, the speaker starting to talk in that voice again. "Do you even care about that girl? Isn't this just a game to you?"

*keeping her back to the robot* Boss-lady told me t'take a day off an' do whut ah liked, so ah's doin' whut ah like. So jest keep talkin', scrapheap, because ah's startin' t'like makin' yo' into Tylenol.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Dan smacks the boot away as it flies at him. "Enough of this." With the electromagnet destroyed, Dan summons a large, two-handed sword into his hands. "It's two against one, and you've lost your little toy. Save yourself the effort and just give up now."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Well, a good hard laser-sword swing is coming Applepills's direction while she has her back turned. It's not quite lightsaber levels of "chop through everything with ease", but it has enough power in it to probably cut its way through steel with a bit of effort. "...You know, metal would make an extremely poor oral painkiller." This statement seems slightly confused, almost uncharacteristic of the way the voice has been talking up until now.

--

"Heheheheh..." The woman just seems amused by Dan's suggestion of giving up. "HAA~Hahahahaha!!!" Okay, maybe she really is just crazy. This laughter comes with the sudden flaring of intense, blue fire around her hands and now-shoeless feet. Some of her upper sleeves and leggings burn up in the fire, but her skin looks completely unaffected. "Like I said, not mine...So now we can all play without handicaps, right?!" She makes a hadouken-like motion toward Dan, sending a fireball hot enough to melt iron his way, and then goes for a fiery flying kick right toward Ookalf's face.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 pm

*The laser-sword cuts into Applepills' back. The combination of plushie fluff, artificial tissue, and metal is... well, 'oddly resilient' would probably be the best way of putting it. The sword sinks in about an inch before seeming to catch on something... and the fact that she never tried to dodge the attack at all is an indication that she'd planned on this the whole time. She doesn't even flinch when cut.

*Multiple weapons stored within her body form out of it: a gatling gun on both shoulders, a triple-barreled machine gun on each elbow, four heavy beam cannons across her upper back, two missile racks each on her lower back and upper legs, and a single .44 Magnum out the back of her head.*

Mebbe, but I'd find yo' delicious all th' same. Thanks fo' findin' th' trigger fo' mah Wild Weasel unit, by th' way. *teethed grin* Thinkin' yo' might wanna move.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:16 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Heheheheh..." The woman just seems amused by Dan's suggestion of giving up. "HAA~Hahahahaha!!!" Okay, maybe she really is just crazy. This laughter comes with the sudden flaring of intense, blue fire around her hands and now-shoeless feet. Some of her upper sleeves and leggings burn up in the fire, but her skin looks completely unaffected. "Like I said, not mine...So now we can all play without handicaps, right?!" She makes a hadouken-like motion toward Dan, sending a fireball hot enough to melt iron his way, and then goes for a fiery flying kick right toward Ookalf's face.

If that's how you insist on playing it... Henshin! *Ookalf transforms into his Kamen Rider form as he ducks under the woman's kick and throws a punch at her midsection.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:33 am

Dan threw his sword at the fireball, the sword stopped the fireball in its tracks, but melted in the process. Dan didn't seem to mind however has he summoned what appeared to be some rather high-tech gauntlets that now covered his hands.

"Why don't you try that again, see what happens?" His gauntlets crackled with energy.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:20 am

The knight-bot doesn't seem to pause from the perhaps expected emotions of surprise or fear at seeing all this, instead pulling the sword back out and jumping off to one side with its shield raised in a single motion almost as soon as all the back-weaponry appears.

--

Since a person in midair can't easily block, the woman takes Ookalf's punch, redirecting her fall a bit. She goes rolling on the floor briefly before popping back up onto her feet, not obviously injured. Then she beats one fist into the opposite palm. "If you insist!" she replies to Dan, making a series of rapid punches at the air. Each punch fires off a small, but no less hot, fireball that goes spiraling through the air in a chaotic fashion, roughly half of them eventually heading toward each opponent from random directions. With her standing still for this long, the floor directly under her starts to catch fire from her feet, and it begins to spread outward. A fire alarm starts making noise again, and there's a hiss from the ceiling as the sprinkler system should be kicking in...but seems to have had its water replaced with air.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:25 pm

*menacing tone* Weasel Unit Total Assault.

*With that, all of Applepills' dorsal weaponry goes off at once, deluging the robot's shield in firepower. As the assault runs its course, some of her missiles change course and fly up at the ceiling over its head, in the hopes of causing a cave-in.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 pm

The robot doesn't exactly stand still to be shot, dodging aside of some of the bullets and especially the slower-moving higher ordinance in more rapid, jerking motions. Blowing up the top of the tunnel causes rocks to fall, most of which all this dodging around keeps the robot out of, but doesn't actually fully collapse, suggesting this tunnel was deliberately engineered to prevent cave-ins. That shield does see plenty of use, displaying glass-like cracks across the hexagons and flickering slightly as if it's running low on power by the end of the assault, but apart from some dents the robot seems pretty intact, all told. Surely it took at least some of those bullets, so its armor must be thicker or made of better material than the one from the post office. It's not in close range by the end of all that, standing on top of a pile of rubble from the ceiling, so it responds by pointing its sword at Applepills and firing the blade as an unusually long single bolt of laser fire, generating a new one in its place right away.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Dan smirked as the woman fell for his taunts, that had been all too easy. His raised his gauntlets up as the fireballs came towards him. The fireballs seemed to vanish and dissipate as they made contact with the gauntlets. Dan caught the majority of them coming his way with ease, though a few flew past him and hit who knew what, hopefully the building didn't completely burn down while they were still in there, but that was something to be concerned with later.

"You've got a lot of energy and skill, I'll give you that." Dan admitted, that smirk never leaving his face. "However, you're far too easy to manipulate, that is your weakness." As if to demonstrate, Dan raised one of his gauntlets up and pointed it towards the woman, the gauntlet had oddly enough changed color, looking more orange and red now. Even more surprisingly, a massive fireball formed and flew towards the woman.

"There's nothing you can throw at me that I can't return with interest."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse