Calling all "Heroes"!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:45 pm

The fire from the grenades spreads along the ceiling for a moment, before the smoke alarms and sprinkler system that a place like this should obviously have start doing their job. There is some loud beeping and a shower of rain from the sprinkler heads installed in the ceiling, quickly putting out the fire and perhaps mildly inconveniencing the party below.

That "trap" "dealt with", there are still three open doors to the front and several closed doors to either side.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 pm

"Relax kid, it will take more than that to burn this place dow-" Que the sprinkler system. "Right...I'm gonna check check those three doors at the front." Dan didn't seem to mind getting wet, he approached the first of the three doors and attempted to open it.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:07 am

The door's already wide open, leading to a long hallway with a lavish-looking rug along the floor. This hallway, as well as the other ones the open doors lead to, is dry; apparently the sprinkler system is targeted only to the place the fire actually is in.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:31 pm

*follows along, ignoring Ookalf's earlier distress* Hmm... Scanners isn't pickin' up enny anomalies so far. Whutevah fancy material they used t'build this trimenjus old house is foulin' up mah senso's some.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:16 am

"For a supposedly abandoned building, there's a surprising amount of tech in here..." Dan commented as he walked down the hallway at a steady yet slow pace, he was expecting traps of course. His flamethrower vanished from his hands and was replaced with what appeared to be a vial with a strange, glowing liquid inside, he took the cork off with a pop.

"I'm somewhat of an alchemist, believe it or not. This substance enhances the senses for a short time..." With that he downed the liquid, but not without a slight groan of displeasure, it clearly wasn't the most pleasant thing to consume. "And no...I'm not a witcher, before you ask."
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:43 pm

*shrugs* Witcherver thet means. Nevah heard th' term.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm

...Well, at least we didn't actually destroy anything... *Now that things have calmed down a little, Ookalf shakes his head and follows after the others.*

Abillioncats wrote:"For a supposedly abandoned building, there's a surprising amount of tech in here..." Dan commented as he walked down the hallway at a steady yet slow pace, he was expecting traps of course. His flamethrower vanished from his hands and was replaced with what appeared to be a vial with a strange, glowing liquid inside, he took the cork off with a pop.

"I'm somewhat of an alchemist, believe it or not. This substance enhances the senses for a short time..." With that he downed the liquid, but not without a slight groan of displeasure, it clearly wasn't the most pleasant thing to consume. "And no...I'm not a witcher, before you ask."

Ah, you gonna use that to help search the building?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Once the group makes it a bit into the hallway, one of the doors to the side, still several steps in front of them, suddenly swings open out toward the hallway, and with a sound like an airgun being fired, something small goes flying out, hitting the door on the opposite side with a dull plik and falling onto the carpet. Then another two or three come out at a time, each one doing roughly the same thing. On closer examination, they're all identical, unmarked little pills in different colors, and if someone comes up ahead of the door to look inside, there is indeed a small collection of tripod-mounted airguns all hooked up with hoses to a human-height open-top jar roughly half filled with the same pills. Closer examination of the door, if enacted, will find some small machinery attached to the hinges, likely responsible for its opening; similar machinery is hooked up to the triggers of the airguns.

Shortly after the door opens and the airguns start, Dan's enhanced hearing will hear someone running just above the ceiling--on the floor of the next story up, no doubt. They're moving in same the direction the party is currently facing.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 pm

Dan paused, focusing on the sounds coming from above them. "There's someone else here...next story up...they're heading the same direction..." A gun appeared in Dan's hand, whoever was up there was not likely to be a friend.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:11 pm

*gasps, then shrieks delightedly* PILLS!

*Common sense completely shunted aside, Applepills charges one of the airguns at full speed and acceleration.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:53 pm

The running continues, growing more distant as the person upstairs heads farther along the hall. Meanwhile, the airgun is a pretty normal airgun and not hard to destroy at full-tilt. That kind of momentum probably crashes Applepills straight into the jar the airguns are attached to. It's big and made of hard plastic, so the kind of forces it's under result in some combination of crumpling and knocking it over. But no sooner does she go charging into the small room than a new hard-plastic door, just inside of where the door that opened to let the guns start firing, suddenly slides closed in front of the room, and it begins to loudly and rapidly rumble downward, revealing itself to have been some kind of elevator! A pretty standard elevator shaft can be seen behind the original door which swung open, but the top of the room the pills were in is already at a distance which would be a dangerous fall down within a couple of seconds. This speed puts enough g-forces on the little room to counteract gravity, putting everything inside into a brief kind of freefall.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:16 pm

Abillioncats wrote:Dan paused, focusing on the sounds coming from above them. "There's someone else here...next story up...they're heading the same direction..." A gun appeared in Dan's hand, whoever was up there was not likely to be a friend.

All right, so let's...

AmbushCat wrote:*gasps, then shrieks delightedly* PILLS!

*Common sense completely shunted aside, Applepills charges one of the airguns at full speed and acceleration.*

Whatevr89532 wrote:The running continues, growing more distant as the person upstairs heads farther along the hall. Meanwhile, the airgun is a pretty normal airgun and not hard to destroy at full-tilt. That kind of momentum probably crashes Applepills straight into the jar the airguns are attached to. It's big and made of hard plastic, so the kind of forces it's under result in some combination of crumpling and knocking it over. But no sooner does she go charging into the small room than a new hard-plastic door, just inside of where the door that opened to let the guns start firing, suddenly slides closed in front of the room, and it begins to loudly and rapidly rumble downward, revealing itself to have been some kind of elevator! A pretty standard elevator shaft can be seen behind the original door which swung open, but the top of the room the pills were in is already at a distance which would be a dangerous fall down within a couple of seconds. This speed puts enough g-forces on the little room to counteract gravity, putting everything inside into a brief kind of freefall.

...Great. You wanna check upstairs while I look for a way down to her?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 pm

"...yeah." Dan said, already walking away as he looked for a stairway to get upstairs...he didn't trust elevators, at least not in this place...
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:35 pm

*Applepills doesn't seem to care that she's being carted away or even that the g-forces are making her float a little, more focused on downing as much of the jar's contents as possible.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:05 pm

*While Dan looks for a way up, Ookalf searches for a way downstairs to find where Applepills ended up.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse