Calling all "Heroes"!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Calling all "Heroes"!

Postby Ookalf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Whoa! *Ookalf holds his ground and grabs the girl's arms before they can reach his neck.* Easy there! I'm not a bad guy here!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 pm

She has surprising strength for her size, but not quite "henshin'd Ookalf" level strength, so to hold succeeds. "Rrrrgh! I don't care if you're bad or not!"
Jade finally notices this going on, and almost immediately catches on to the most probable way to make the girl stop. "Please stand down! This is a friend--a guest! Practically family!"
"...Oh." Her arms go limp, no longer attempting to go toward Ookalf's throat nor resist his hold on them. She gives a rather cute, dejected frown. "I'm terribly sorry Milady, I...seem to be malfunctioning. My programming is overrun with foreign commands to assault any target in range."
"You have an urge to kill. It's the orange energy that made you. It is you now," Valora says, sliding up a little closer behind the new girl. "Or a part of you, at least. It's your choice what you do with that urge." One of her hands lightly touches the girl's shoulder.
"My...choice?" She just looks thoroughly confused by the concept.
Last edited by Whatevr89532 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:26 pm

--Ah reckon ah ain't one t'talk about how t'use yer Orange, but ah reckon she's sayin' thet th' aggresshun yo've got ain't th' mindless type. It's all about usin' yer---- *loud creaking over the radio* --PILLS! ... *clears throat* Sorry. Meant t'say brain, o' whutevah passes fo' one yo've got.--
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:53 pm

They're right, I think. *Now that the girl doesn't seem to be trying to fight anymore, Ookalf drops his transformation again.* You don't have to lash out at everyone around you. You can focus that rage, try to channel it into something good...
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:42 pm

"But I..." The girl seems more confused by all the advice if anything. She pulls a hand up toward her chest in a sort of salute-motion. "I am Milady's knight. I owe fealty to her and swore to protect whomever she wishes protected. Right...?"
"You..you got turned into a person. You're free to choose what you want to do," Jade attempts to explain.
"You're letting me go?!" The girl looks distraught at the very idea. "Did I--did I displease you, milady? I'll kill anyone you want me to!" She then abruptly shifts emotions, giving an angry huff. "If--if you're going to disown me then, then do it to my face!"
"I didn't mean..." Jade sighs. "Perhaps it would be better if we spoke in person. I'm still under home base, Valora."
The tall wolf-girl just grins. "Oh, this should be good. Follow me, then." She starts to lead the way through some more of the well-lit sections of the tunnels, the knight-girl obediently following with a rather pitiful look on her face. Maybe there's some other way to make her understand the situation...

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:10 pm

*Ookalf, naturally, follows along as well.* ...Y'know, I do know another person who's Orange. Sort of your aunt, actually. Maybe she'd know about stuff like this...

(If there's some other solution you're trying to hint at, I'm afraid it's flying over my head...)
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:49 am

"...Circe, right?" says Jade. "She does seem to be rather mellow, for being orange.."

((I don't necessarily have a 'specific solution' in mind. The problem really isn't that the knight-girl is 'orange' but that she's still responding to "loyalty programming" and Jade is really uncomfortable with keeping a newly-sapient person as a "slave". It doesn't even necessarily need to be "fixed".))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:40 pm

*Muffled thumps and taps, plus the echoing splash of a water droplet landing in a puddle, can be faintly heard over the connection for a bit. Finally, the plushie speaks up again.*

Yep. That gal's proof positive thet lettin' anger rule yo' ain't all it's cracked up t'be. 'Course, it didn't help thet bunches of us were donkeys' rear ends to her back in th' day, but thet's 'nother topic.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"...Circe, right?" says Jade. "She does seem to be rather mellow, for being orange.."

((I don't necessarily have a 'specific solution' in mind. The problem really isn't that the knight-girl is 'orange' but that she's still responding to "loyalty programming" and Jade is really uncomfortable with keeping a newly-sapient person as a "slave". It doesn't even necessarily need to be "fixed".))

(Ah, understood. Just wanted to be sure I'm not being stupid and missing something.)

Yeah, that's her. I can't say for sure that she'd be willing to help, but it's possible she'd have something to say... I don't know, it's just a thought I had. I'll leave it up to you if I should call her or not.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:43 pm

"Thank you. We'll see if it's necessary..."
After a little while, the group finally reaches their destination. A larger cavern is here, with no light from above and a bunch of high-tech-looking machinery coming down through the ceiling and attached to the walls. In the middle is a collection of large computer monitors and Jade herself, sitting in a computer chair in front of them. When she turns the chair to the side and then forward to face the approaching group, her silhouette against the screen briefly looks exactly like that of the 'little girl' that was on the TV screen before.
The knight-girl takes the lead, coming closer and kneeling before Jade like one would to royalty. "Milady...I'm so sorry if I've disappointed you," she says.
"You..you haven't. Please, stand up." She obeys; they are actually pretty close to the same height. "You've done your..job admirably," says Jade. "However, you are not a robot anymore. The orange energy's effects gave you a mind and desires of your own. I don't...like the idea of 'owning' a person or restraining one's free will without good reason."
"...I am processing this information. However, Milady, I..wish to serve you. It is truly what I want."
Jade's ears fold down. "But.."
"Hey, sis!" Valora interrupts, coming up next to the two of them. "How about we come up with a name for your little knight, hmm? Everyone needs a name, right?"
The 'little knight' appears confused again. "Isn't it--"
Valora puts a hand on her head to quiet her. "A serial numberrrr...is not a name. Let's go!" She claps a couple of times.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:19 pm

*taking care to properly enunciate* --Cosette Baldulf, if yer want somethin' literal.--
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:02 am

Heya... *Ookalf gives Jade a nod as he enters, before they get to the business of the new girl's name and fate.* You don't have to belong to help them... But if you want to ask me for a name, well... What do you think about Brenda? I think that sounds nice.
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 pm

The girl looks to Jade as if she's going to respond to the suggestions. "I won't decide this for you," says the wolf-girl. "You're the one who has to live with the name, so you should be the one to decide on it."
"I..suppose that is fair. Erm, I rather like the sound of Cosette," she says nervously, as if afraid the choice will offend someone.
"I should warn you it literally means 'little thing', but what you prefer is the most important here."
"Well..I don't mind that. I find no shame in being the same size as Milady," she nods.
"That'll do, then," Valora nods. "Now, I remember someone being eager to show a certain person the base now that it's all put together."
Jade's eyes flick briefly in Ookalf's direction. "Err--right. If it won't inconvenience you too much."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Oh, it's no problem at all. *Ookalf grins.* Honestly, I think it might be kind of cool to see your whole setup down here!
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 am

"Okay." Jade's expression is fairly neutral, but her tail wags cutely. "What's down here specifically was mostly set up as a security system to keep the lower basement safe in case of intruders going through these tunnels...after we found out the tunnels existed. And then I set up this makeshift monitoring station for the test," she waves at the screens and chair setup she was at a moment ago, "Most of this really belongs back upstairs. The base proper is actually up there at ground level." She looks toward what looks like a blank rock wall. "Hephaestus. Lift, please." The "rock" opens up to either side, revealing a well-lit freight elevator with stark metal walls.
"Is Hephaestus still functional?" Cosette says. "I lost contact with it earlier.."
"Your organic components aren't well suited for interfacing with a computer system," says Jade. "Verbal communication makes more sense among people anyway."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse