Worms for sale~!!!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Worms for sale~!!!

Postby xGoggles » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:32 pm

The sounds that came from the guitar weren't very promising, understandable coming from a girl that never held a guitar before, or had any arm until recent, or of course had any musical knowledge.
But maybe by luck or just pure coincidence, there is some Lavender in the rain, but also some Khaki apparently... So for many that weren't very resistant to color energy and were exposed to the rain long enough, they would find themselves gradually changing more and more into music obsessive scout girls.
The worm-girls that got hit by the rain slowly started to shrink and look younger, becoming teenagers, they gained a scout's uniform, but in a more idol-like fashion and less practical for outdoors. But of course, an obvious key difference now was that the sound of the wanna-be drummer and the guitarists were vastly improving, as they gave into their musical passion from the Lavender. The others surrounding them also became even more enthusiastic about the music than before. Now they were more interested in making music themselves instead of just being cheerful because 'fun stuff' was going on.
So the worm-girls started to take and try out the other available instrument themselves, unfortunately, Jenna likely didn't pull out enough for all of them... Also, where did all these boxes with fruit-pudding-cake come from, the rain will make all these boxes get soaked!

Dan gives the letter a brief look as he takes it, then walks back to place in his bag. He wasn't sure if being a messenger for a person he didn't know was such a good idea, but it didn't sound very dangerous either, so not much to reject too. He hums while putting the letter way and says to the hostess, "Hmm, if you say so..."

The bee-girls enjoying their drinks, just like Ebb was enjoying hers, Cathy about to take a nap and Dan was about to put his bracelet back into his bag.. but while Gigi was watching outside, she saw someone approaching at a rapid speed.
And even before she could react, the oni-girl that somehow managed to stay dry stormed inside the drinking place, shouting loudly, "Wham doesn't like RAIN~!!"
Charging in inside and shouting certain disturbed the peace there, but that was likely the least of the problem.. because now, right in front of Dan was an intimidating, armed with a massive club, monster-girl with horns! His knees start to quiver, as he slowly stepping back, "D-d-d-d-d-d-d-emon girl..."
Wham raised an eyebrow when the young man, was intensely staring at her in fear, then approached him asking, "Why is puny man giving Wham the funny look? Is there something between Wham's teeth?" Showing her razor-sharp teeth didn't help!.. Dan now fully gave into his phobia and put on the bracelet!

¨¨¨¨
But of course, nothing happened. Danica held up her hands, trying to protect her face, pleading, "P-please don't hurt me.." Which only resulted in the Pam, the bully to laugh, and flick Danica's nose, teasing her, "Haha, Danica you are such a big baby. These horns aren't even real. You are really pathetic, you know that right?"

Watching from outside the store, things seemed to have changed quite drastically, but to those inside, almost everything made sense and nothing seemed to be out of place.
Most of the front room in the store, and almost reaching over the counter, was within a powerful Beige field that was slowly expanding! It was enveloping the place in the mundane and the non-magical existence it could be, but with a school theme to it.
Gigi, Ebb, Cathy and the 'bee'-girls were also affected by it, having their clothes changed to a schoolgirl's uniform and just like 'Wham', who was already wearing an uniform, had their non-human feature become fake-costume pieces.
Why they were wearing costumes pieces of monster-girls, or why where they all drinking milkshake in the middle of the night? Those gaps in knowledge still had to be filled in or corrected by the immature Beige coming from the bracelet and Danica's mind.
If at least for a moment still, they do know something strange was going on, yet even their memories weren't much help to figure out what changed. As far as they could recall, they were all students of Sand Academy for Young Women, a normal school for normal girls.

The closer people got to Danica or the more attention they received from her, the more the Beige would weave their existence to match the norm. But what this 'normality' was could also be changed, so long they could concinve the Beige-Avatar.
Though the easiest way to stop the Beige was to just get that bracelet off of her~

(( I left it open to if Whatevr got hit by Beige too or not, so let that be up to you. Though being the most 'mature' person there, I'd figure she'd turn into a teacher more than a student if she did get hit. But feel free to play around with in any form you'd like getting hit or not ))
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:28 pm

"Aww yeah! Makin' music now~!" Jenna says cheerfully. She pulls out a few more instruments. "Ooh, the rest of you can be singers! You like to sing, right~?"

Well...all that stuff WOULD happen to The First Thread and the people inside...but it doesn't. The reality-altering, beige field of the bracelet finds itself arrested and stalled, only making a small bubble of alteration around Danica herself. It's enough to catch Wham and turn her into a bully schoolgirl, but something else pushes against the reality-altering field, preventing it from going any farther. That something is Whatevr's control over her own property.
The wolf-woman--who is insistently still a wolf-woman, though Danica and the other schoolgirl may perceive her differently--suddenly looks exceedingly angry. And she points straight to those two schoolgirls and in a loud, booming voice she says: "YOU. GET OUT OF MY STORE. NOW. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE." The field will still push against Whatevr's control with enough strength to move and gain about a centimeter of radius a minute, but what perfectly normal schoolgirl can ignore that kind of authoritative tone? If they do leave, the protection only extends as far as The First Thread itself, and things will behave..."normally" from there on.

((I hope this doesn't ruin things too much. But this is me really wanting to keep Ebb and Gigi as they are for a moment or two more for a specific reason, and Whatevr having the power to do this kind of thing, but limited only to the inside of The First Thread. It's "hers" and she is an exceedingly powerful entity, although she doesn't usually display all that much of said power.
Also, Whatevr as a character really hates the "everything is normal, no magic" kind of thing and, while she usually plays along with whatever role pops up to be transformed into, she basically refuses to do so in this case for that reason.

If all this is really bad, we can take it to PMs for a moment and figure out a way for me to not make this post here at all.))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:06 am

Pam glares at the wolf-woman, thinking it was about her bullying, "Hey, lady chill out we are just playing, no reason to get your panties in a bunch!"
Danice even more upset, as she looks outside as to how hard it started to pour down. "W-what?? No, please. Don't send me outside in the rain! I didn't do anything wrong", she begs, very confused why the lady was suddenly so mad at her too. And as she tries to figure it out why, the field increased in even more in power, pushing against its limits, causing it to expand causing it to expand a meter radius a minute.

The others were still outside the field and could easily walk out of its reach at the slow rate it expanded, yet it was slowly creeping up more and more the longer she'd stay.
Some bee-girls stopped drinking and started to ask Cathy if she knew what was going on, or who these new schoolgirls were.

(( No worries, not ruining anything, just Whimsy delivering on her promise to give Whatevr an Avatar, like she asked [but not the one she wanted]~ But I realized I left out a crucial detail about the Beige field... As for its very powerful anti-magic and reality overwriting, many effects disappear upon leaving the field, returning to their previous state/form, UNLESS they stayed in the field for waaaaaay too long and way too close, or recieved way too much emotional focus from Danica. So don't be too worried about losing any character, they'd be fine so long they wouldn't spend the whole night in ))
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:34 am

Well, this had kind of ruined her nap, what was all the yelling and screaming about? Cathy finally bothered to get up and look at what was happening. "Huh...where'd you schoolgirlies come from?" It was then that she noticed Dan was gone and some girl was where he was supposed to be. "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....how many magical artifacts does he have? And where do I get one?"
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:20 am

Whatevr takes a second or two to take a deep breath and visibly calm herself down. Her voice returns to a normal volume. "Can you not read, girl? The signs outside the door clearly state: no jewelry! especially no bracelets! And as for you," she says to the 'bully', "There's the other one in a smaller font that says no nose-flicking! I guess you did only do it once so maybe you can stay if you promise not to do it again. And you--put away your jewelry if you don't want to get wet," she waves a hand at Danica.
Something weird has happened to the two violet-werewolf girls. They appear frozen in place, like a movie that's been paused.

((Okay. Honestly. I freaked out way too much in my previous post. Like an unhealthy amount, and for no good reason. This is my fault. I'm really grateful to you for being cool about it and I'm also really sorry even if it didn't actually offend you at all. So..let's say that Whatevr, being my avatar, freaked out just when I did. And as I try to calm down and think rationally again so does she.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:27 am

The musical intoned scout-worm-girls after some struggling to get some instruments of their own, happily react to the suggestion of singing! Of course, they can sing, they all have earned the 'singing bird' badge after all~
So now there were a lot of musicians and singers.. but all trying their own thing and it became very loud messy very fast, there lacks a lot of order and harmony in the music getting created there

"Huh?? A sign outside? Ah, sorry I didn't see the sign when going inside.. Umm.. I don't remember coming here either.. Hm, why isn't jewelry allowed?", she asks doubtful, yet the stern look from the store-owner did make it more appealing to just undo her bracelet, even when it was a very weird rule to have in a drinking place like this.
But she agreed and takes off the bracelet while her back was turned to the bully with fake-horns.
¨¨¨¨
And the instant the bracelet was off her wrist, the Beige vanished as if it was never there. Dan blinks, coming back to his senses and recalling what just happened, "Ohhh.... wait... Ah, sorry... I.. umm.. I shouldn't have put on the bracelet. I don't know why I..--", but upon hear some louder confused groaning, he fully remembers why he suddenly put it on. Behind him the Oni-girl wobbles a bit, holding her head, "What happened to Wham..? Why Wham thought Wham was having fun with puny girl?..."

Not even daring to look behind, he puts one step forward and... RUNS many steps following that as quickly as he could, he jumps to get over the counter just to get away from what was still an oni-girl!

The bee-girls clap, as for all they knew it was all part of a show.

(( No problem, makes her reaction all that more real~ :P And yes, Beige can be a very scary thing for anyone that likes to keep things ' magical', but I had the urge to just bring it out again for a bit ))
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 am

Cathy decides to jump behind the counter with Dan, she didn't have any real reason to, but it seemed like fun~ She just grins at Dan. "Playing hide-n-seek?"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 am

"Hey! Um..." Jenna attempts to say something over the cacophany, but isn't heard the first time. "Hey? HEEEY~!" Even this isn't loud enough. But fortunately, there is another thing in her jacket to help. In an act which would give a neutral observer to all these events deja vu, Jenna produces a megaphone and says HEEEEEY!" And then probably everyone goes quiet and looks at her awkwardly for a second, as she has already forgotten what she was going to say. But that last time saying 'hey' was all on one tone, so after a momentary calculation and another spark coming out of the bullethole in her hat, she continues as if that had been intended as singing:
"What a wonderful kind of day~!
If we could learn to work and play!
And get along with each otherrr~!"
this should be an easy enough song to sing along to or start playing with, now that she's got everyone's attention.

While Dan's apologizing, Whatevr takes a moment to bring her tail up in front of her and hug it like an old friend who almost died. "It's OK buddy, the awful stuff is gone and you're still safe.."
Then he jumps almost at her to get under the counter, but she dodges that, regaining some composure. "You should know better than to have the nuclear option as your default reflex when in danger! Everyone in here is lucky that I noticed it coming in time and didn't just pop out of existence in response. I think I accidentally time-stasis'd half the store!" She waves to Ebb and Gigi, still frozen in place. "Oh..Also, I should fix that." Another Whatevr steps out of the present one, as if stepping out of a false afterimage, and starts doing things in fast-motion involving those two detailed down below. Meanwhile the "main" Whatevr, still in the middle of the counter, turns her attention to Wham. "Welcome to The First Thread, miss. Would you like a milkshake? We have one that literally tastes like victory."

((Sorry for long. The next paragraph actually isn't all that vital to read through.))

The extra Whatevr moves in fast-forward motion toward the side of the counter the two violet-werewolf girls are on. In continued fast-forward, with their eyes focused on her, she says: "Youtwo. ThesmallfavorI'maskingofyouis, splitthiscookieandeachofyoueathalf." She produces a cookie and tosses it, and time for them slows back to normal as Ebb deftly catches it and starts to carefully break it in half with her hands.
"Ooh, what flavor is it?"
"Um..snickerdoodle I think?"
The older sister accepts her half without question. "Yaay, cookie~!" And both of them nom their cookies at the same time. With a moderately loud POP, each girl is suddenly split into two bodies, one falling over to the left and the other to the right. The bodies which fall to the right are theirs, an apparently unchanged Ebb and Gigi. The ones falling to the right, and directly into some portals that open up in the floor they're hitting, are the original werewolf brothers the girls were made from, Ebon and Gene.
Gigi mutters, "Owie..." The extra Whatevr disappears in a poof of white smoke.
Last edited by Whatevr89532 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:54 am

At first, all the silenced worm-girls just stare at Jenna, wondering why she was shouting through a megaphone, but when she started to follow up with singing, they finally figured it out and tried to match the musical instruments at the tone of the song, even though having never heard of it before~
Though with so much music going on, it started to grab some attention of people in the houses nearby, looking through their windows at what was going on there on the streets. Also, it seemed the musical-play had drawn some attention form some soldier still looking for a place to take shelter.

Dan now behind the counter, using it to hide, while giving a small peek along the edge to keep an eye on the ominous girl present in the store. Fear still in his voice, he softly answers Whatevr, "I know.. S-sorry. Just..I don't really have any other options... I can't just throw golden balls at them and hope they go away..." Actually, when thinking about it, that might be a thing he could do; throwing a small ball as hard as he can and then increase its mass while still in momentum. But this is was neither the time or place to think about combat techniques. Why was there a demon there in the first place!?

Also concerned about his friends, he asks while watching Ebb and Gigi still in time-stasis, "Uh, will they be okay?"

Then he got distracted by the cat-girl asking him a question. "Huh? What? Oh..yeah... Kind of...", he honestly didn't know how to respond to that...
Neither did he understand what went on with the wolf-siblings as he watched them separate in different genders and then suddenly the male ones went into portal?? What was going on? And why was everyone so relaxed it an Oni in the store?! Who knows what she might do!..
His eyes widened, even more, when the hostess started to ask what drink the Oni-girl wanted! Why was this happening?!
Thought unnoticed by Dan, but maybe more clear for those that actually took a close look at him, they would be able to tell, his hair was very slightly longer than it was before the Beige-incident.. but again, barely noticeable, if not at all.

"Huh, milky-shake~?", Wham asks, still feeling hazy, she would likely continue to ask about what just happened with the Beige and such, but her Violet mind got way too soon diverted by the suggestion of something yummy~ "Wham likes victory... Taste of victory sounds very good! Wham wants it NOW~!!"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:21 am

"You seem stressed, you should relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax~" Cathy suggested to Dan, who seemed overly concerned about that Oni-girl. She wasn't sure why, but she liked hiding, probably one of her cat instincts.

Her keen eyes did notice Dan's hair seemed to be different so far, but instead of mentioning it, she started batting at it with her hands as if she was a cat playing with string. "Hehehehe~"
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:44 am

Dan squirms when he felt Cathy playing with his hair, feeling it tickle a little. "H-hey.. s-stop that..", he says, trying to stop the batting with his hands, one still holding the bracelet between his fingers as he didn't have the time yet to put it away somewhere.
He appreciated her helping to take his mind off the Oni, but relaxing wasn't really an option for him with a demonkind nearby...
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:32 am

"Hehehe~" Cathy stops messing with Dan's hair, for now.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:51 am

Jenna continues to lead the song, grooving to the music and having at least one of the times of her life at it, heedless of what everyone else might think of all this.

"Gotcha," Whatevr nods to the oni-girl. "Order up!" Without her even writing anything down, the milkshake-making stuff starts working double-time. While that's going on, she takes a long step away from, and then turns to face, the two people behind the counter with her.
"Cathy, listen carefully. If Dan does not put that bracelet deep inside his bag, right now, he is going to put it on again and since you're right next to him you will turn into someone who is not violet, not a catgirl, not the boss of those bee-girls, and who is just overall very boring. I strongly urge you to encourage him any way you can to put it back in the bag, and keep it off his arms, wrists, ankles, hands, and so on at all costs if you don't want something terrible like that to happen."

"I'm fine~," Ebb responds to Dan's concern, while standing herself back up again and heading to continue her milkshake. "Feels like, a voice that was yelling things in the back of my head went away. That voice was getting kinda annoying, actually."
Gigi, pops back up to her feet as well. "I'm OK too~!" she looks around as if confused, not having seen Dan dive behind the counter. Then she walks up, sniffing the air a couple of times, and looks over the counter at him. "Are you ascared? I can beat up whatever's ascarin' ya."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Cathy's eyes widened as Whatevr told her what would happen. The bracelet did that!? Why would he have such a horrible thing!? She turned to Dan with a look that you'd normally see on someone not quite right in the end. "Hurry up and put that bracelet in your bag right now or I'll...bite you!" She showed her teeth for good measure.
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:58 am

The surrounding audience started to clap, cheering on the wonderful music, Jenna and her band were creating, even though it was still late at night.. and it was weird to find so many people playing music outside in the rain like that. But at least it was less disturbing than someone basting windows open just to sell some worms.

Dan reacts to what Whatevr was telling Cathy, trying to defend his reputation, "Hey, I said I'm sorry okay. I panicked! Please don't say it like I'm some unstable lunatic..." He wasn't some klutz that would accidentally put on the bracelet again.. a second time...

When Cathy started to show her teeth with her threat, it made Dan jump back a little. "Ah! P-Please, d-d-don't bite me! Look.. I can't okay.. my bag is all the way over there...", he says while meekly pointing towards the table next to the where the Oni-girl took a seat.

Then as Gigi finally shows her face over the counter, he looks both happy with her suggestion but also confused and concerned... Why did everyone act like having a demon there was normal? Did that girl create an illusion so no one noticed her horns? He could send Gigi to her doom trying to fight such creature! And Ebb was at the same table as the monster now. He spoke in a half-whispery-voice, "Gigi.. be careful, right there is an Oni.. We have to save Ebb before she gets hurt."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse