ATTN: Infinite Defense

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: ATTN: Infinite Defense

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 pm

*Abby returns from the kitchen with their drinks, ascertains that they need a bit of time to decide what to eat, then walks around the restaurant to see how the other customers are doing.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:16 am

"Thank you," Lyra nods to Abby. "Yeah, animal people have trouble with stuff like chocolate and caffeine roughly...25% of the time. Like I said though, you don't particularly need to worry unless you plan to gorge yourself on chocolate or something." While she speaks, she picks up the cherry on the shake by the stem with one hand, places it in the palm of the other, and then crushes it in that hand. But...when she reopens it, the hand is clean and that cherry is nowhere to be seen. As if that weren't enough, her next action is to place an index finger over the opening of the straw, and..well, the milkshake and straw behave exactly as if someone is drinking out of it, slurping sound and all. "You should probably have a look around the menu. I think they have almost anything you'd think of, though."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Darren takes the drink and nods. Even-though Lyra said not to worry about it, it did give a slightly unfavorable perspective now on such type of refreshments... He looks a bit hesitant now to the chocolate milkshake but still decides to give it a try, hoping that even now in this body it'll still taste somewhat to the same or as good. And after taking a sip from the straw it actually tasted quite good if not better than he remembered; it has been quite a while since last ate, so this was very enjoyable. "Ow, this tastes really good~", the fox-girl speaks up in an enthusiastic tone.
Too much enjoying his drink to pay attention to Lyra's unusual eating-methods. Saiya was also curious what it tasted like, as Darren forgot to share the sensory information, she asked if she could have a taste, and snapping Darren out of his momentary bliss, "Ah, oh yeah, sorry... I'll look at the menu then in the meantime." And so the shadow and fox-girl's soul switch places, as the shadow then takes the menu for a look and the fox-girl looks curious at her first drink ever. "So I just suck on the straw and it comes out?... All I have to do is swallow then?", Saiya asks and Darren with their soul-communication confirms so, also that she doesn't have to chew or anything either.
When Saiya gives the milkshake a try her eyes widen and instantly starts to drink from the straw very rapidly, enjoying the sensation of taste a lot! Darren likely should have warned her that it wasn't wise to drink so much of a cold drink so fast.. but might be too late to warn her for the brain-freeze feeling after all these gulps.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:06 pm

Lyra doesn't seem to notice the possibility of brain-freeze, but it's possible she just isn't thinking about it either. "Not everything you need to eat will taste good, but a shake's always nice." She pauses briefly after 'drinking' some of her own shake, withdrawing her finger (which looks pretty clean and normal) for a moment and looking around to see whether whoever is joining them is nearby.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:43 pm

*A felinoid in a navy blue half-uniform (half in that the upper half is a blank T-shirt of the same color) enters the restaurant shortly thereafter. Most of her fur is white and mackerel tabby-patterned, making the shock of hot pink hair on her head stand out all the more. She nods at one of the staffers as she passes her, then makes a beeline for the table where the group is sitting.*

((OOC: As I've said elsewhere, my presence here is going to be sporadic at best for a while, so I apologize for not being around as often as I used to.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:45 am

And the fox-girl tries to hold in the wincing pain from the brain-freeze, "Ahh! We are assaulted by a psychic attack, quickly, try to locate the caster!" Darren tries to calm down Saiya explaining to her it isn't some mental attack but more the result of drinking a milkshake way too fast. Still hindered by the headache, she remarks "Do people have to go through all this suffering just to drink? How is this nice? This is torment!" The body&shadow-duo a bit too occupied to notice the arrival of the felinoid.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Lyra just bursts out laughing briefly, though fortunately not knocking over her drink or anything. "Pffhahahah.." She looks smiling to the felinoid as she arrives. "Hi, you've walked in on the discovery of brainfreeze. Saiya, it's like a lot of things in food and in life in general--if you're not too greedy about it, you can get the good without the bad. Just drink more slowly and you won't have to deal with that."

((I saw it in the other place but didn't exactly mention it, but yeah, it's cool.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Felinoid: *chuckling* And it helps if you keep your tongue pressed against the roof of your mouth for a few seconds. *sits down at the table* I'm P.K., or Psycho Kitten, and I'm the Infinite Defense's liaison for Muffinville. Cool meeting all of you.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:44 pm

The fox-girls rubs her head and tries her best to follow the felinoid's tip. "Ah.. being an armor was never this painful...", Saiya says still annoyed by the mild pain. Darren patting her on the back telling her the brainfreeze will go over soon.
She winces a bit when the felinoid mentions 'cool'. "Grrr... Nice to meet you... We, Darren and Sayia, are interested in joining the Infinite Defense or at least collaborating with the organization.", she says gesturing to both the shadow and herself.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 pm

"Yep," the witch nods. "My name's Lyra...you can think of me as a Good-aligned chessmaster. I haven't poked my nose in any of the worlds you're directly involved in, but I have watched the Infinite Defense's actions here and there. These two are a new being and a somewhat older one I merged together to allow their wounded souls to heal."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:36 am

Seems interesting. *turns her gaze on Darren and Sayia* Before I continue, could you give me a general overview of what you're capable of as far as your abilities go?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:38 pm

"Of course.", Saiya says, getting out of her seat with her naginata in hand. She looks around to make sure no one was in harm's way. "The mastery I have with this weapon is yet to be challenged by any other naginata user I have seen so far." She demonstrates a variation of agile and precise maneuvers inside the limited space to make sure it didn't come over as a threat to anyone. "I also have inbuilt knowledge of the scorched-strike-dragon-technique", she explains as her weapon's blade starts to glow and heat up, surrounding itself with a flame-like aura. Her swigs, thrusts, and slashes are even more diligent now, just to make sure she doesn't put anything on fire, however, the heat from her weapon could be felt in the close surrounding area, giving an intimidating impression this blade could easily cut through most mundane materials, like a hot knife through butter.~
The fox-girl deactivates the flame-aura from her weapon and says, "I'm also skillful with the twin-tooth-dragon-shadow-technique.. but my shadow is currently.. occupied.", she gestures again to Darren currently in her shadow's body who rubs the back of its head and gives an awkward wave, guessing he kinda ruined that demonstration. "If you have any doubt of how capable I am in battle, find me a formidable opponent and I'll put that question to rest.", she says standing tall, confident in her own abilities.
Darren by soul-communication asks Saiya if he maybe should do the talking again from now on. Saiya agrees, already demonstrated her techniques, it was time for Darren to show his. And so the two souls trade from fox-girl and solidified shadow. The fox-girl now less sure how to properly hold the naginata puts it down. "Well, I was told I used to be a hero of some kind.. with a spear weapon or something... Uh, but I honestly don't remember anything of that. I do remember my past life working for the police and I'd say I'm at least decent handling a gun, erm, Mini-Ungun in this case.", Darren shows the special gun Lyra gave him. "Well, not sure if I can add more to that as far as abilities go I guess.", the fox-girl says going back to taking her seat.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:37 pm

"Yeah, if it's not obvious they have direct soul-communication and can freely switch who's controlling the main body or the shadow one. We haven't done any range or damage testing on the shadow, but at least it's pretty clear it isn't dispelled by just plain light," adds Lyra.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:23 pm

Or else it wouldn't have been able to just walk around freely... *nods* I'm happy you all told me this. Give me a few minutes to consider.

*Abby returns with a glass of strawberry milk for P.K., despite the latter not having requested any. The officer nods at Abby as she walks away, taking a sip of the beverage.*

See, one of the prerequisites for joining the Infinite Defense is that he/she needs to have a special ability of some kind. Admittedly we're partial to superspeed, but just about anything will do if he's good at it, and it seems like the both of you fit the bit. *smiles wistfully* Our founder liked to watch cheesy superhero cartoons when she was a kid, and that kinda carried over, you get what I'm saying?

*clears her throat* Anyway... I'm also happy that you're willing to work with us at all. My current orders are to help keep the peace in space, but that means that my forces aren't allowed to set foot on the Muffin Continent unless it's extremely important. Having someone on the ground willing to assist the local police where possible is a major load off my conscience, especially in light of reports I've been hearing about the Brotherhood's reemergence.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 pm

"Yeah, watching those shows as a kid was fun. Now I wouldn't really say I have a super-power like any of that... I pretty much just share a connection with a very impressive warrior, hehe...", Darren says, the cartoon-shows reference didn't connect to Saiya as she had never seen such.
The fox-girl nods, "Yeah, hopefully, we can be of some use. I heard this city has a lot of dangerous activity going on, that even heavy weapons that are sold openly sold to the public aren't even the biggest issue here... Um, may I ask what the 'Brotherhood' is?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse