ATTN: Infinite Defense

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: ATTN: Infinite Defense

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 pm

Lyra works the elevator, pushing the call button and later the one for the restaurant. She waves both of the others to follow her inside, trusting Darren to explain what an elevator is if needed. "Huh. Would it actually preserve stuff that way, or just be like carrying it around?"
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:05 pm

The fox-girl and the shadow follow and enter with little explanation to what an elevator was for; when one is used to teleporting already, an elevator isn't all that impressive. "More like carrying it around like a bag, but instead it is inside a magical body, is what says Saiya.", Darren answers Lyra's question. Privately he asks, that if the shadow body doesn't actually taste, and could be used as a storage, if he could maybe use it as a place to store his ammunition for the Mini-Ungun. Saiya was rather reluctant to that idea, as the shadow body technique was a powerful and sacred ability and just using it only as a tool to store his trinkets would seem quite disrespectful.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:43 pm

*The elevator doesn't take too long to reach their destination once everyone's aboard, opening out into a short and well-lit corridor that leads into the restaurant proper. Looking at the tiled floors and bright wallpaper on the way, you wouldn't think this used to be the bridge of a warship.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Stepping out of the elevator, looking around, Darren comments, "From the outside, I didn't expect the inside to look like this. They really made this place fancy, didn't they?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:07 pm

"Yep," Lyra nods. "Oh, by the way--this is the Mungojerrie I mentioned earlier, if you didn't catch that. It's a safe place, but it splits both ways--so if you're ever here and see a bad guy, you are not allowed to fight them here. They won't like it."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:37 pm

*When they get to the end of the corridor, the scene they're greeted with shows that the author really needs to update the restaurant's dossier entry at some point. There's easily enough seating in the restaurant to accommodate around 250 people, with plenty of space to walk around tables and such. One-third of the restaurant is set aside as an arcade-playing area, and there's a (currently empty) stage set off to the side for performances and the like. It looks like the group arrived at the tail-end of the lunch rush; several parties are in the process of making their payments when Lyra and the others arrive. Some of the restaurant-goers are clearly not native to this galaxy, but they're enjoying themselves regardless.

The interior's decor is a loose combination of an Applebees and a greasy spoon-type of diner, albeit with much better illumination and standards for cleanliness. Those members of the staff that are visible seem to be a mix of Circe's maids---their name tags identifying them as such---and assorted felinoids/caninoids, the latter in business casual. Once those parties that have finished paying have started towards the elevator, our group is free to approach the front desk.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:31 pm

The witch takes the lead in trying to get them a table, approaching the desk. "Hi. We're supposed to meet someone from the Infinite Defense here, but I don't know if they actually made a reservation or not. If not, I'd guess a table for...four to six?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:31 pm

*The tuxedo-furred half-human maid seated there gives them a brief look before nodding. She seems largely apathetic to things in general.*

Abby: They called us ahead. *stands up and grabs some menus* Please follow me.

*Abby walks towards an out-of-the-way table large enough to seat six.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:17 am

While walking to the front desk, the shadow seems agitated but disciplined enough not to act out. "Ehh, Saiya doesn't seem to like the idea that injustice wouldn't be punished; but she respects the local law of this place, so you don't have to worry about that. I wonder though, do they have security everywhere here, or how would they stop people from fighting even in more hidden locations inside the Mungojerrie?", Darren curiously asks, because Lyra did mention this place had the power to maintain it to be a safe-haven, but looking at some more bizarre creatures there, it wouldn't be that unlikely for trouble to occur unless there was some high-tech preventing to it.

Darren nods, staring a bit at the animal-like maids, sure he was in a body of a fox-girl now, but that didn't make it any less strange seeing more people like this, as if he woke up in some kind of cartoon show.
Not mentioning anything, they follow towards the table.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:15 am

Abby: *places menus on the table* Wards were placed on this ship by a powerful chaos deity when this facility was established eight years ago. Can I start you off on anything to drink?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Lyra makes a vague wave to the maid as she explains about the ward. "Well, there you go. I'd like a strawberry milkshake, medium size please. Hmn..I guess you should just let Darren order to skip a lot of explaining what all the drinks on the menu are for now."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 am

The shadow nods to Lyra, as Saiya wasn't even very familiar with the drinks of her own world, being a former-armor she never had a drink before in the first place.
The first thing that came to Darren's mind was a nice cold beer, like the ones he used to back in the day; but considering he was now in a new body... one of a rather strict warrior type that likely wouldn't appreciate him drinking too much alcohol in it, he sighs and settles for something else. Listening to Lyra's order; a milkshake will also do, "Uh, a chocolate milkshake for me, please. Also medium. Thanks"
Saiya meanwhile observers the other people and creatures around the restaurant. She wonders, if any beings with bad intentions were here..what would they do here?... Would they scout who was vulnerable enough for them to ambush as soon as they left? The idea even evildoers were allowed still bothered her.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:06 pm

*Abby nods and walks to the kitchen to retrieve their respective drinks.*

*Those present at the restaurant are a wide and varied bunch. Male, female, assorted transformations, different Colors, different species... there's a fair number of representatives. Examples include a human female bio-android with yellowish skin who's happily whistling along with the background music; a Rodian in rough clothing who's enjoying his meal but looks decidedly out of his element; several rough-and-tumble adolescents who have hearts in their eyes as they watch Abby work; someone who could probably be Albert Wesker or a close equivalent... it's a veritable melting pot.*

*It's no different in the arcade, either. Most of those present are either kids or nerds, but there are one or two juvenile Ovalisks among them who are enjoying being able to interact with others without transforming them on accident.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:08 pm

"Oh yeah," Lyra nods as if she just remembered something. "I did a quick check earlier--you don't need to worry particularly about chocolate or caffeine. It's always a concern with fuzzy folks but in your case the amount you'd need to poison yourself is about as much as would've made you sick anyway. So I guess just don't get into a habit of chugging energy drinks or anything."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:22 am

Darren looks up surprised at Lyra, while the shadow just continues to stay on watch, not partially indicating if she was listening or not. "Oh, I didn't know I had to worry about chocolate or caffeine?... Does this have to do with being part animal?", Darren asks, also not sure what she meant by 'fuzzy folk' but he just went with it. "And.. not sure why, but this body seems rather energetic as it is, so energy drinks likely won't be added to my list anytime soon, heheh--.. erm...", Darren still wasn't used to having a girl's voice when talking, and when hearing it laugh, made it even more noticeable...
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse