A mysterious Halloween shop

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

A mysterious Halloween shop

Postby Feng » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Trickster's Delight was your typical mystical shop, the kind that tended to pop out of nowhere one day only to disappear the next. Such things were probably common in the city of Muffinville, home of roving adventurers, dastardly wizards, and fruit that could render unsuspecting dudes into brainless swimsuit models.

The owner of the shop was a casual fellow in his late twenties who liked to go to work in his bathrobe and slippers, his so-called wizard regalia. He swept the front doorstep of his traveling store, whistling the tune to "Grim Grinning Ghosts" as he readied the place for the Halloween season.

Halloween! It was perhaps the busiest time of year for the dealer of forbidden artifacts and cursed relics. There was something about the season that seemed to draw in the tourists, some who could definitely use a dose of mischief.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: A mysterious Halloween shop

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Halloween! Mischa had always had fond memories of the holiday, from decorating his parents' house, to various antics he'd gotten up to in later years... Feeling a whiff of nostalgia, he can't help but wander into the shop to look around~
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:46 pm

The shopkeep smiles as Mischa enters the shop. "Ah, our first customer! Feel free to browse~!"

The inside of the shop is full of costumes: Princess dresses, Witch costumes, black and orange bikinis, devil ears, cat ears, masks, costume jewelry.... and many other assorted items.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Jello Shot Mischa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:19 pm

Mischa offers the shopkeeper a cheerful smile. "Thanks!" he says, his gaze falling upon the racks of costumes. He starts going through them, wondering what might be good to try on... He did always have a weakness for genie or harem outfits, but maybe he should try something new? Maybe a witchy outfit... witch hats were cute...
Jello Shot Mischa
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:21 pm

Somewhere a ways outside the shop, a Whatevr crosses his arms and shakes his head. "Hmph. I tried this last year and nobody came until, like, December? And that was just Raleigh being Raleigh. But this guy does it and gets a customer right away? Aah, might as well add to the pile..."

Meanwhile, two less-insane werewolves walk up to the shop. One of them is a short, scrawny guy yellow eyes and black hair and fur, sporting the ears and tail of a wolf. He has kind of a nervous demeanor about him, fidgeting and looking around as if expecting something to jump out. The other is a bit taller, same color eyes with lighter brown hair and fur, wearing torn-up jeans, a tank top, and an earring in one wolfish ear--overall, he looks kind of like a punk, and his physical attitude matches that look perfectly.
The shorter one seems less enthused about this. "Gene...we're already werewolves," he points out.
"Yeah, but like..don't you ever wanna try bein' somethin' else for Halloween? It's boring bein' the same thing all the time," says Gene. "C'mon, it'll be fun." He leads the way inside, and his brother follows with a little sigh.
"It's probably all enchanted stuff, you know..."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:15 pm

Nate barges into the store. "Hmmmm...I wonder what kind of candy they have?"
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Return to the Muffinverse