Fight the Cyborg! Prizes available!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Fight the Cyborg! Prizes available!

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:33 pm

*The bullet wasn't leading Cacophany, missing her by a reasonably safe margin.*

*Instead of dodging in the expected fashion, Aldonza takes a different route. Her tail twists and turns, and with a 'thoom' she leaps as high as the arena's force field will let her. This isn't to say she escapes unscathed, as the Warp wave slices through the right leg of her trousers and nicks her ankle, but it isn't enough to debilitate her.*

*Emitting a battle cry, Aldonza flips in mid-air, kicks off the top of the barrier and drops towards Cacophany; her tail continues to rapidly twist the entire time. High winds equivalent to that of a Class 2 hurricane kick up as a miniature cyclone takes form, encompassing her entire left forearm.*

Shura Senpūken!
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:17 pm

The force field goes pretty high up, enough that even with Aldonza coming at beyond terminal velocity Cacophany has time to see the attack coming. She replies with something that seems a little bit insane: Tossing her sword up at her opponent the way a juggler throws a baton. It's sent on a wild, corkscrew-flying trip by the force of the toss and all those winds, but it isn't a random shot: Some rapid calculations in her part-robot brain have aimed the shot to align the glowing Warp blade with Aldonza's arm just when the two will meet. After throwing the sword, she runs forward, aiming to get out of the way of the attack proper in case either something goes wrong with this plan or the attack goes through to hit its original target location anyway.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:08 pm

*Aldonza sees the attack coming, though admittedly she's confused by Cacophany's intent until the Warp blade is less than a foot away. Her tail stops twisting and thrashing about, cutting off her flight and making her fall straight down instead of the steep angle she'd been in---though the blade still traces a long line across the back of her hand and wrist before the Senpūken's buffeting winds force it away, eliciting a French curse.*

*With nothing stopping it, the Senpūken strikes the arena floor where Cacophany had been a few moments before. Even if the ring withstands the blow (assumed to do so by the narrator), it still creates a shock wave of rushing air on contact when the mini-tornado violently dissipates. Best to avoid a direct hit by that.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Abillioncats » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Another figure stepped into the establishment, wearing a hood. However if one got a good look at his front they'd get a decent look at him.

He said nothing, though he immediately begins to observe the ongoing fight with interest.
Kitty Kennel (aka my roster of characters)
Abillioncats
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:54 pm

The ring floor seems to be made of some rather sturdy stuff, not even denting from the impact. Meanwhile, the cyborg makes another jump out of the way of the force wave; her sword is flung to the wall opposite the side she's on, bouncing off it briefly before falling to the ground. The energy blade in the middle flickers out within a second or two of hitting Aldonza. Devoid of that option for the moment, Cacophany performs another wall-hang with her free hand and gives some more focused fire at wherever her opponent is--hoping the bullet-deflection technique won't be able to do that many of them in quick succession.

--

The new visitor will find an excited crowd of onlookers also watching the fight. There are some cloaked figures wandering around selling refreshments--not transformative ones, normal ones--but they don't seem to be getting in anyone's face about it, just walking around carrying trays of things.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 am

*Aldonza does a side flip out of the way of the bullet onslaught... and snarls another curse, this time in Swahili, as one of the bullets manages to clip the same arm that Cacophany's Warp blade hit, leaving a burn in its wake.*

This is getting me nowhere!

*Deciding to take off the kid gloves, Aldonza blurs from visibility and vanishes. She's still in the arena for sure... but the question is, where?*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:28 am

Cacophany picks up on the fact that Aldonza's moving too fast to see easy enough. While she jumps back down toward the ring floor, aiming to get to where she can reclaim the sword, her gun retracts briefly and...wherever it retracts to, some mechanical noises are heard. By the time she's landed, the gun comes back out--no longer a rifle, but a shotgun. She fires it straight ahead a couple of times while running for the sword, intending more to ensure her opponent isn't there than anything else, and if not impeded picks it back up one-handed with a quick motion. It should be noted the sword is actually pretty heavy, if for some reason Aldonza thinks to try and take it before the cyborg can.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:57 am

*As Cacophany picks up the sword, a dark-furred fist blurs towards her left temple. Aldonza's still moving too fast to reasonably track, but if Cacophany has any sort of danger sense, she should be able to intercept it in time.*

Taaeeee...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 pm

Maybe not a danger sense, but some reasonably fast processing power allowing quicker reactions than a human's reflexes...Cacophany reacts by attempting to block the strike with the barrel of the shotgun, since that's closer, but whether it's actually a quick enough or effective enough reaction she doesn't know--it's just the best available one on such short notice.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:47 pm

*As the blow is successfully blocked by Cacophany's gun, two more reach in from different directions: a 5:00 kick aimed at a right knee joint, and an 8:00 tail strike towards the neck, both attacks coming fast on the heels of the previous. Neither strike packs much in the way of strength, suggesting that Aldonza's gearing up for something big by sacrificing power for quantity and speed.*

...kwooonnnn...
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Dact waves to the newcomer. Then goes back to looking at the fight. "Hmm... interesting." He waves down one of the servers to get a drink as well.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Cacophany is too slow to block the next pair of hits, but durable enough to take them without flinching (they do hurt and injure, she just doesn't flinch at them). Perceiving at least some of the situation, she brings the recently-retrieved sword to bear, trying to cut the assault short by just slicing with its normal metal blades right at where the first three hits came from. Offense as a defense, basically.

--

The being Dact waved down has a tray with a bunch of varieties of soft drinks, some fruit juices, milk, and water in bottles which are labeled "biodegradable". Everything seems to have a flat $1 (or other currency equivalent) price. "Can I help you, sir?" it asks.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:41 pm

*The slash hits... something? A brief look at the air will yield a few strands of orange fur and a few floating drops of crimson... and another curse, this time in Japanese.

Then...*

DISSSCCCOOOO!

*At this point, Aldonza finally cuts loose and begins raining blows on Cacophany from all directions, using all four limbs and her tail. It's not truly simultaneous as an outside perspective would make it out to be, but close enough: a hundred different strikes per second is quite the picture, at least visually. As before the damage isn't great, but it adds up as the seconds pass.*

*Something Cacophany may notice is that the longer Aldonza keeps up her technique, the more strain her muscles are put through and the harder her lungs have to work.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Well I wonder if I'm allowed to participate? I'm technically a business partner of those running this and that usually disqualifies one from participating in their contests. *Raleigh forms near one of the robotic creature/machines.* Can I have a go? You will not even have to take care of healing me.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 pm

"Grhh..." The cyborg takes real damage for the first time this fight, being juggled slightly in place by the multitude of hits, but her grip on her weapons remains firm. More than that, she starts attempting to counter the attack by reactivating her tail laser and swinging it around randomly, and at the same time firing wildly with the shotgun. "RrrRRRaaAAAAAAAAGH!" Her voice raises in an enraged yell, louder and angrier than the previous one in a way that suggests that one was controlled and this one is not. The third blade reforms on her sword, but like her apparent emotional state, it's far less stable and contained, pulsing and sparking randomly and generally making its vicinity dangerous to be in.

--

"We have no ob-jection to your participation," says the being near Raleigh with a "nod". "Current-ly the line is only one person long." It offers him a waiver just like the others--obviously a form letter type thing.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse