Infestation: Revenge of the Ovalisk

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Infestation: Revenge of the Ovalisk

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:55 pm

"The name is Dactylos. And I won't be the one to start anything. Of that I can promise you." With that he follows after. Eyes wide open.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Dactylos steps into what appears to be a large, elaborate indoor playground. It has the works: slides, ball pits, a moon bounce, rope swings, rock walls, etc. Dact would also see many young figures, almost all female, scurrying about. Several are engaged in games such as hide and seek and freeze tag, all under the watchful eye of the older looking girls.

A strange herbal aroma fills the air, causing his head to swim. Dact might find the scent familiar if he had ever visited the Chibi markets. It was one of the herbal incenses they burned at many of the smaller shrines.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Dact looks about... well... this certainly didn't bode well. He looks about the room, checking its occupants, and obvious exits.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:10 pm

As Dact wanders through the 'nursery' he would receive several curious stares from the younglings. Some attempt to run towards the knight but are gently kept in check by their minders.

"This is Mr. Dactylos," says the ninja girl with a smile. "He is looking for Natalie. Has anyone seen her?"

A tiny girl in a panda hoodie speaks up. "I-I think she was taking a nap" she says, gazing up at the knight.

"Thanks Pooka! You heard her, Mr. Dactylos! Follow me."

She heads to an adjoining room full of oversized pillows, beanbags, and stuffed animals.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:13 pm

The figure's flashy entrance definitely attracts notice from the young girls (and token boy) in the arcade. The girl is immediately swarmed on all sides by curious ladies.... At this range, Shadow may observe that almost all of the girls are wearing mittens or gloves.

"Oooh!"

"Is it someone new?"

"I wanna see!"

"I've never seen her before. Is it a new hatchling~?"

*If anyone tries actually touching her (probably accidental at this juncture), they might notice that something stops them just a millimeter or two shy.*

Girl: *giggling good-naturedly* Easy now, one and all. Let me see all of you. *clambers onto a countertop and sits on the edge* There, that's better. Now, who was it that said something about hatchlings?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:17 pm

AmbushCat wrote:
*If anyone tries actually touching her (probably accidental at this juncture), they might notice that something stops them just a millimeter or two shy.*

Girl: *giggling good-naturedly* Easy now, one and all. Let me see all of you. *clambers onto a countertop and sits on the edge* There, that's better. Now, who was it that said something about hatchlings?

Ambush would see a girl in a neon-green Creeper hoody.

"I did!" she says with a welcoming smile. "I'm Tiffany. What's your name?"

The others do engage in some playful prodding but are quite baffled by the barrier. They ooh and ahh impressed at this magic.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Dact nods... following after the tiny ninja. He pauses at the girl in the hoodie. "Thanks..." Before continuing onwards. Might as well see this ride out to the end. Yet he remains on alert.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Stepping into the 'nap room' Dact would discover that all of the makeshift beds center around a large furnace. Atop it lies... a makeshift shrine. Half a dozen hatchlings doze off here.

The ninja points out a young girl in a black sundress, wearing a pair of headphones.

"Shhhhh! That's Natalie over there. The transformation has left her all tuckered out." ^^
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Dact frowns. "Right... and why, exactly... did you kidnap her, drag her through dark tunnels, and transform her into an ovalisk?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Ambush would see a girl in a neon-green Creeper hoody.

"I did!" she says with a welcoming smile. "I'm Tiffany. What's your name?"

The others do engage in some playful prodding but are quite baffled by the barrier. They ooh and ahh impressed at this magic.

Girl: Call me "Missy" for now. Nice to meet all of you.

*If the girl's tone of voice and happy are smile are any indication, she looks content being around the bunch.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 pm

AmbushCat wrote:
Girl: Call me "Missy" for now. Nice to meet all of you.

*If the girl's tone of voice and happy are smile are any indication, she looks content being around the bunch.*

The children are obviously pleased-as-punch to make a new friend and barrage her with their many questions.

"Ooooh! Are you from outside?"

"Are you from a new colony, perhaps?"

"What's your favorite color? Mines Aqua Marine~!"

"Do you wanna play some DDR? Or grab some food?"

Knight Errant wrote:Dact frowns. "Right... and why, exactly... did you kidnap her, drag her through dark tunnels, and transform her into an ovalisk?"

The ninja turns and smiles. "Ahhhhhh~! Well she looked so miserable, always complaining about paying off her tuition and her bills and, well, we felt sorry for her~!" ^-^

"The Boss was a bit cross at us, but she came around when she saw how happy Natalie is now. She insists I take good care of her, however, which I do~!"

She nods.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Feng wrote:The ninja turns and smiles. "Ahhhhhh~! Well she looked so miserable, always complaining about paying off her tuition and her bills and, well, we felt sorry for her~!" ^-^"The Boss was a bit cross at us, but she came around when she saw how happy Natalie is now. She insists I take good care of her, however, which I do~!"She nods.

"Really now... I doubt she would agree. Not that we can ask her any more. Regardless... I would like to speak to your 'boss' if I could."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Feng wrote:The children are obviously pleased-as-punch to make a new friend and barrage her with their many questions.

"Ooooh! Are you from outside?"

"Are you from a new colony, perhaps?"

"What's your favorite color? Mines Aqua Marine~!"

"Do you wanna play some DDR? Or grab some food?"

Missy: In order: Yes, I'm from outside. A colony of what? I'm partial to navy blue. And... *blushes as her stomach rumbles a bit* ...sure, I could go for some food.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Knight Errant wrote:
"Really now... I doubt she would agree. Not that we can ask her any more. Regardless... I would like to speak to your 'boss' if I could."

"Of course, Mr. Dactylos~!" the ninja Ovalisk smiles. "She would be happy to meet new friends~!" she giggles then adds mischievously, "and if you're rude, we get a new hatchling in our little colony~!"

She motions for Dact to follow her. "Right this way~! The leader should be at the Temple, meditating~!"

AmbushCat wrote:Missy: In order: Yes, I'm from outside. A colony of what? I'm partial to navy blue. And... *blushes as her stomach rumbles a bit* ...sure, I could go for some food.

The crowd of girls (plus boy) cheer and lead young Missy out to the food court. The young lady would notice a flurry of activity in the kitchens as tiny chefs are hard at work preparing vast quantities of food such as steamed rice, stir fry vegetables, and juicy meat!

"Our colony has the best Teriyaki Chicken" says a small child, leading Missy to a table, (huh, nobody even explained just what the heck they were). "Akane's cooking is the best."

Apparently the young girl with the cute black pigtails and pink scrubs was Akane.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Feng wrote:"Of course, Mr. Dactylos~!" the ninja Ovalisk smiles. "She would be happy to meet new friends~!" she giggles then adds mischievously, "and if you're rude, we get a new hatchling in our little colony~!"

She motions for Dact to follow her. "Right this way~! The leader should be at the Temple, meditating~!"

"So far, you've been the only ones who have been 'rude'." He follows her... though a thought makes him speak up again. "I do apologize again for hitting you in the tunnels. You startled me, and I thought you were going to attack on sight."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse