Velcy!

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Velcy!

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:54 pm

Callista: Just a hypothesis, but would pinpoint application of anti-magic do the trick as far as stabilizing your Blueness is concerned?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Dact puts her hands on her hips... frowning a bit. But shrugs, heading over to Velcy. "So... I caught... most of that. And understood almost none of it. Whats going on with you?"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Velcy seems to be looking for the right way to answer Callista's question. "Well.."
"I think you should just tell your story. I can pull up a few chairs or something."
The Mightyena-girl sighs, looking a bit defeated. "Fine.." She draws herself up to speak. "I don't know if any a' you know what it's like, to hit a ceiling? To train and train all you can, and nothin' changes? One day you wake up and realize your potential is limited. You can never get any stronger. It's awful. I live for the fight, always have. Part a' how I was raised. I ain't even attracted to a girl who can't rumble with me a little bit...which, I know, prolly why I never get any dates. But the PFL's a big place, you know, an' on top a' that I could see myself fallin' behind people who used to be right there with me. An' I wasn't tryin' any less hard--I was tryin' harder. So, that's where I was, a few years back."
Whyte seems to have found a couple of folding chairs, and offers them to the other two.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:57 pm

*Callista sits down in the offered chair. As she listens to Velcy's explanation, she grabs a bottle of Pitch Black Mountain Dew out of her bag and starts drinking from it.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:40 am

Dact sits down, listening. "Um... question if you can. You've mentioned the PFL a couple times. Whats that...?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:44 pm

"It stands for Pokemorph Fighting League," says Whyte, pointing at each initial on her shirt in turn. "A Pokemorph is loosely defined as...a pokemon-person, or any pokemon that can look humanoid enough even. If you don't know what a pokemon is then I don't really know how to answer that myself. It's both of our jobs--well, it might not be hers anymore after today's rampage," she interrupts herself, clearly meaning Velcy. "It's kinda like wrestling except all the attacks and the pain are real. We get paid to fight matches against each other, out of what people pay to see the matches live. I think we've even had a few televised fights, but there are always so many fights available to see live I get the impression the demand isn't all that high for it."
Velcy nods. "Pokemorphs, like regular 'mons, wanna fight. It's in our blood. So rather'n havin' us fight out in the street and cause property damage, maybe hurt people, we fight in the ring for pay. I was recruited back when I was a teenage Poochyena, someone stopped me an' some a' my friends back then havin' one a' those street fights. Aah..." She gets a reminiscing smile, her tail wagging a bit. "It was after my third match with the League I finally evolved..."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Callista: *having just finished chugging down some of her drink* And for me, it felt like a good way to pass the time. I found a place they were having tryouts when I was on one of my shopping trips, I did well enough to pass muster, and the rest is history.
Despite what appearances may tell you, I don't truly "enjoy" fighting; I'm just good at venting my anger at whatever poor schmucks get on my bad side. What I like is putting my abilities to good use while being able to entertain people, and the PFL lets me do both.

((OOC: This is more for Dact's sake than anyone else's, but here's Calli's hybrid form.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:18 pm

Dact nods. "I see... so... what caused this rampage, then? From the sound of it, the PFL is made to stop this exact thing..."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:33 pm

"Like I said earlier, someone hit me with Orange," says Velcy. "That ain't normal fightin' instincts, that's an urge to murder somethin', now. A good scrap as soon as possible was the only way I could keep blood off my hands. So I sent a text to Whyte here first, and then when I knew it wouldn't be soon enough I went lookin' for a way to fight someone else without riskin' hurting them."
"Which apparently meant stealing company secrets we officially know nothing about," says the Eevee-girl. "Anyway, fine, you wanted power. So you went knocking down a demon cult's doors?"
"Nah, not like that. I went lookin' for all kinds a' ways to get stronger, and that was one that came outta desperation after a long string of failures. It was just some new-age soundin' ads in the paper about a way to 'unleash your potential' or whatever. There was a looong screening process, and I mean..." She shakes her head from side to side. "I ain't smart, but I ain't stupid either. When they started askin' for blood samples, a lock a' my hair, what phase a' the moon I was born under...I knew what was goin' on was not on the level. But I was desperate, an' I thought for sure they'd just end up picking someone else anyway. Next thing I know I'm letting 'em tie me up to a chair and they explain to me how they're gonna mold my body into one capable of blah blah holding in the power so their demon god or whatever can use me instead a' relying on her own Blueness. I couldn't exactly back out then, the ropes were pretty strong, you know? So they did the magic thing with a lot of chantin' and a little bloodletting, and then I changed into this." She waves at her appearance.

"I'm...actually stronger like this. Tougher, too. As soon as the whole ritual was over I tore the ropes off a' me myself. They seemed to think I wanted to join their cult and serve Acuter or whoever now that they'd done it, and when I said I wasn't interested they started insistin', you know, with weapons like. So I started knocking heads around, and then I left when I was done. At the time I thought I didn't want to stay lookin' like this anymore, and went to the CTC. They tried anti-magic and anti-color stuff on me, and I would start changin' back for a second only to go back to this again. Eventually they called in some big-shot witch and she said those girls had done somethin' to my soul to make part of it generate Blue. She said it wasn't actually dangerous besides makin' it really hard to turn me back."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:11 am

*Callista opens her mouth and starts to say something, but stops when one important detail is mentioned.*

What.

The.

Actual.

Michigan.

*looks like she wants to cry* ...Seriously. You thought it was a good idea to seek help from the Cult of Acutus. *massive facepalm* And here I thought that urge I kept feeling to turn you into modern art was completely natural.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:20 am

"Erm... I'm not familiar with it... but cults as a rule are generally bad news."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:42 am

Considering what it took to finally dissolve the cult? I should say so. *shakes her head* Don't ask, knight-girl. It's too long a story for right now.

Anyway, Velcy, continue.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:39 am

"Well..it's not like I knew whose cult it was at the time. They acted like they were just some hippies wantin' to try some fake magic at first, and only after they tied me up they said the name of who they were really following," says Velcy. "I...guess you got personal experience with 'em? With how they acted after doin' this to me I can only be glad if you planted some more trees." She makes a vague gesture to where she'd been halfway in the ground a moment ago.
"So you wanted to change back, and now you don't," says Whyte, crossing her arms. "What changed your mind?"
"Uh..well, I went back a few times. Someone force-fed me a tomapple cake the first one, an' I caused some trouble for a while, but eventually the stupid went away and I felt like me again. Imagine--if I wasn't turnin' into Velcy I woulda been a violet girl for who knows how long. It was a few more times like that, with other colors, an' every time I turned into this body with some mind changes that wore off after a while."
"Which means...you're basically protected from colors. Is that all?"
"No, like I said, I'm stronger like this. I feel free, like I've just been locking myself up and pretending Clyve was me for a long time. I told myself I could just be cleverer instead of bein' stronger, an' that kinda worked, but the more I did that the more I realized I was compensatin' for something I could just choose ta have. An' the Blue doesn't really change me that much, either. I mean, I feel the same way about girls as I always did, I just feel a li'l freer about sayin' so. I don't even notice myself posin' all that much, even."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:02 pm

"I...guess you got personal experience with 'em? With how they acted after doin' this to me I can only be glad if you planted some more trees." She makes a vague gesture to where she'd been halfway in the ground a moment ago.

*Callista nods, making a vague gesture that indicates that there's more information on that later.*

Whatevr89532 wrote:"No, like I said, I'm stronger like this. I feel free, like I've just been locking myself up and pretending Clyve was me for a long time. I told myself I could just be cleverer instead of bein' stronger, an' that kinda worked, but the more I did that the more I realized I was compensatin' for something I could just choose ta have. An' the Blue doesn't really change me that much, either. I mean, I feel the same way about girls as I always did, I just feel a li'l freer about sayin' so. I don't even notice myself posin' all that much, even."

Callista: *finishes her drink* Not gonna lie, Velcy: this side of you unnerves me something fierce. I saw how you were looking at me while we were fighting, and whether it was me or my carnage you were more interested in, I'd wanted nothing to do with it. After Cute Charm activated, especially... outwardly I was mad, but inwardly I was fearing for my life when you made that laugh.

I'd explain why, but... that's a rather sensitive topic, and I don't know anyone here well enough to talk about it.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Dact hrms... "Its never been my experience that Blue is a dangerous color... but..." She rubs the back of her head. "Do you think you'll get these... fighting urges again? Will it be a problem...?"
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse