The Way of the Iridescent Fist

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Way of the Iridescent Fist

Postby Blaze » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:47 am

Knight Errant wrote:Her glare maintains. "You play dirty trick on Oni." Then a smile cracks. "HahaHAHAhahah! Me like that. But even if tricked..." Her eye gleams... "Me can't give up so easily!" Her soft features twist into a fury unsuited for her face. She clenches her fist... rising for an uppercut with all the strength she can muster. Right on Ling's outstretched chin.

Ling takes the hit, right to the chin! But the oni is no muscle-bound monster anymore. She's a dainty slip of a thing, and the hit reflects that. The martial artist doesn't even turn her head with the blow. "As you like. Blooming Wallflower Style; Strike of Regal Indignation. Her form surges with Indigo once more, as she slaps the oni across the cheek!

It's not a strong blow, not at all. But on those unblemished cheeks, it stings fiercely as the Indigo spreads from the point of impact. Immediately, all thought of continuing the fight are pushed away, with docility and fright rushing in to replace it. Ling, and the world, suddenly seems so much larger and frightful! The color crackles against that tiger skin, making it wrap tighter around the new woman to form a better-fitting ensemble. Strips peel off to wrap around her waist and hips, cinching tight to become a bustier and panties, the former hugging her tiny waist fiercely and cupping those mounds!

More and more of the pelt comes apart, each part losing the orange and black, bleached white as it encases the girl. Pure white stockings with gold trim are secured by garters that hang from the corset. A shoulderless white and gold dress with poofy sleeves, strings of pearls across the waistband, and many layers of ruffled skirts settles upon her, all silks and soft fabrics with a low-cut bodice to show off generous cleavage.

The legs of the tiger pelt coil around her hands and feet, becoming pure white gloves secured with frilly wrist-cuffs held on by golden bracelets rubies and amethysts. Upon her feet, virginal white high heels secure themselves, golden straps coiling up her legs to tie together beneath her knees. The last scraps of fur slip around her neck, becoming a detached collar with a large purple brooch in the center, another string of pearls hanging from it to nestle between her breasts. And finally, a tiara settles upon her locks, matching all the other rich accessories.

In her fright, the new princess may scrabble for something to hold, her glove-clad hands finding the scepter that her club hand become, leaving her as a glamorous princess!

"Now do you surrender?" Ling asks.

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Er.." Jade seems slightly embarrassed that her eyes are even drawn to the ball, but they are. Her mind is still active, and she more decides to chase after it than follows an instinct to do so. Her run is kind of childish and not very fast even accounting for how short her legs are, but she doesn't trip over herself or anything. In fact, her stamina's not bad either, as she makes it about three-quarters of the way there before being unable to continue, doubling over and panting rapidly.

Ling jogs after the wolf girl, tutting softly as she doubles over to catch her breath. "You weren't kidding... but I saw that split-second of hesitation. The whole point of this is to make the exercise more appealing to you on an instinctual level. You chose to chase the ball. Why? Do you think I would think less of you for acting like a dog?"

She gestures around at her other students. "Do you have any idea what hoops I have to jump through to encourage some of them? Offering stipends for clubbing, promising to attend piano recitals, patting their heads... I've done it all. If it helps my students to learn, I'll do anything." She pauses, and critically examines Jade. "Or is it that you would think less of yourself if you listened to them?"

AmbushCat wrote:Joni: *blinks* Wow. Um... this is very interesting. Let's see... *looks around* Once the hard ones are out of the way, the easy ones should be a walk in the park. I'd say... let's start with Jill. *walks up to the door in question* So I assume I just go in, then?

"That is typically how it works," Ling says. She's hanging back now, trying not to take charge. Perhaps out of respect?

Stepping through the door would reveal a lush woodlands, as if it were wrought from every fantasy novel ever written. Sunlight glints through the canopy, glittering in the babbling brook that flows over perfectly smooth stones. The soil is soft and loamy... and yet, there's an everpresent sense of tension in the peaceful setting, like electricity in the air. Also, there are far more couches around than one would expect.

Jill is likely here somewhere.

Feng wrote:The chibi ninja raises an eyebrow at the Ganguro's threat.

".... bring it, Goldilocks. Your bimbo style is no match for Chibi ninjutsu...." he says, striking a pose. Did he have to wiggle his fingers? Was that some sort of esoteric technique? Or was he just throwing shade at the girl?

As for Ambush, the pigeons make a rather easy meal being as they are pigeons, birds not particularly known for their intellect... Well, certainly not the ones common in Muffinville.

But why did they smell of burnt incense? Hopefully the aroma (and aftertaste) wasn't enough to give the poor cat heartburn.

AmbushCat wrote:Eh, think nothing of it. It's just me being a cat; I like birds.

The ganguro smirks again as she rises to her full height. "Oh, that's cute. You think I just know Emerald Bounce Style? Oh no, I just dabble..."

She flicks her wrist, and a box cutter leaps into her hand. That smirk has become fully manic now.

"My real strength is in Bloody Mandarin Style. Come at me with that tiny blade, and see where it gets you."

She glances at Ambush again. "You like birds huh? How about cubed Chibi? I'm about serve some, real fresh."

Feng wrote:The old chibi smiles.

"Ehehehehe~! So you heard me talking to myself, eh?" he grimaced, rubbing the back of his bald head. "Even after a hundred years of training and rigorous meditation, I still can't seem to shake the poor habit."

He leans on his staff. "I have no intention of destroying your school, Missy. Oh? Did you think I was a thug of Bones? Ehehehehe! The Black Temple can run circles around those thugs who would call themselves 'Chibiwanban'."

He stretches a bit.

"No, no, I am merely here to offer a challenge on behalf of the Black Temple. As a gesture of friendship and for the sake of, ah, what do you young un's among the Tall Folk call it.... Ah yes! Public relations."

He nods then stares straight at the girl, a mischievous gleam in his eye. "And I'd be wary of discounting me just yet, Missy! You may have pierced my harmless old coot deception, most admirably I must add, but this Old Bird still has his tricks."

He turns and watches the Sensei lay down the law on the Oni. "That being said, I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about fighting your teacher, ehehehehe. The young lady fights like something out of our legends, the kind we tell our young to make them behave."

The woman breathes a sigh of relief. "Then... why all the subterfuge? She's not going to like it if she finds out. Just be straight with her, and things will be fine. She doesn't like underhanded stuff... or overhanded, for that matter..." She gestures at the oni-turned-princess as evidence of that.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 am

"Well...no...it's.." Jade tries to speak between gasping for air, but when that fails, she just waits until she has her breath back to respond. "I..admit I didn't really feel that strong of an urge to chase the ball in the first place. I'm aware I'm not normal, so I'm in the habit of attempting to...intentionally adjust social behavior toward what will make whoever I'm speaking with more comfortable. You seemed to really want me to want to chase after it, so..I wasn't sure how else to respond."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Meek Runfast lets out a girlish eep as she is slapped. Her form adorned with softness and finery as fear floods into her mind. She scrambles away on hands and knees from Ling and grabs the scepter... holding it in between herself and Ling defensively. "I-I surrender!" She squeaks... overwhelmed by the sensations. Her form and mind so alien from her normal.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Stepping through the door would reveal a lush woodlands, as if it were wrought from every fantasy novel ever written. Sunlight glints through the canopy, glittering in the babbling brook that flows over perfectly smooth stones. The soil is soft and loamy... and yet, there's an everpresent sense of tension in the peaceful setting, like electricity in the air. Also, there are far more couches around than one would expect.

Jill is likely here somewhere.

*Joni blinks a few times in pleasant surprise, then nods and walks further in. She looks around as she goes, keeping her eyes open for her elf self.*

((OOC: Hey, Blaze? You feeling up to tackling these three personalities as far as their narrative is concerned, at least until Joni's role in the thread is done with? I have to admit that I didn't give her a lot of character development beyond "tall, klutzy housekeeper" after I created her, even after her Color became set in stone. ()^_^ ))
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:09 pm

She glances at Ambush again. "You like birds huh? How about cubed Chibi? I'm about serve some, real fresh."

*shakes her head* Nah, you can have it if you want. I'm carnivorous, yes, but I'm not a humanitarian.

((OOC: Aaaand I just realized that I double-posted when I meant to paste this entry in my prior post. I'm on a serious roll today. :oops: *facepalm* ))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Blaze wrote:
The ganguro smirks again as she rises to her full height. "Oh, that's cute. You think I just know Emerald Bounce Style? Oh no, I just dabble..."

She flicks her wrist, and a box cutter leaps into her hand. That smirk has become fully manic now.

"My real strength is in Bloody Mandarin Style. Come at me with that tiny blade, and see where it gets you."

The Chibi stares at crazy lady with the fake tan and the nasty box cutter. .______.

In the span of a millisecond, his bland NPC life flashed before his eyes from his upbringing in the markets of the Chibi District, his joining Lord Bones gang (he offered Dental and a generous 401K plan).... conveniently his memories of the grueling training regimen popped up among the memories.

He was back in his training school, listening to Professor Kiwi discuss the various denizens of the city.

".... thus annihilating both the Ovalisk completely. Any questions before I move on to discussing Plushies?"

A hand shot up in the back row. It figured. War Beak was always trying to suck up to the professor with his many questions.

"Professor Kiwi, I noticed you didn't talk much about orange in your lecture on color energy earlier. Could you tell us more about the strange females it creates?"

The good professor cleared his throat.

"On the issue of Orange and the Tsunderes it creates, they are perhaps one of the most dangerous entities that inhabit the city." The professor slowly scrawled the word TSUNDERE in large block letters on the chalkboard, causing half the class to wince. "Indeed, the Tall Ones have enacted a blanket ban on the color and its fruit, the Clockwork Orange, hence why Lord Bones has begun stockpiling the fruit for-"

"Professor Kiwi" interrupted another Chibi from the front row, a cute female that the ninja had a huge crush on. "What should we do if we encounter a Tsundere?"

"Well Miss Jolene, there is only one viable option should you find yourself in a melee situation with an Orange girl, and that is....."

The ninja shook his head, raising his fingers to form a hand sign.

".... bring it on Goldilocks...."

Blaze wrote:The woman breathes a sigh of relief. "Then... why all the subterfuge? She's not going to like it if she finds out. Just be straight with her, and things will be fine. She doesn't like underhanded stuff... or overhanded, for that matter..." She gestures at the oni-turned-princess as evidence of that.

The old Chibi smiled.

"The very essence of Chibi ninjutsu IS subterfuge, Missy" said the old man, nodding sagely. "It wouldn't be a fair challenge to your instructor if I held back would it?"

He gave a wry grin to the girl as he hobbled over to Ling.

"An excellent show of force, Missy" he said, leaning on his mop staff. "You sure mopped the floor with that loud brute, ehehehehehehe."

He give a wink to the princess then turned back to the sensei.

"Your disciple speaks very highly of ya too; a definite sign of a great teacher."

He head tilts. "Given your student's cognizance, I suppose you know why I am here?" he said with a toothy grin.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:58 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Well...no...it's.." Jade tries to speak between gasping for air, but when that fails, she just waits until she has her breath back to respond. "I..admit I didn't really feel that strong of an urge to chase the ball in the first place. I'm aware I'm not normal, so I'm in the habit of attempting to...intentionally adjust social behavior toward what will make whoever I'm speaking with more comfortable. You seemed to really want me to want to chase after it, so..I wasn't sure how else to respond."

Ling is quiet for a long moment, before taking off her glasses and laughing softly. "You see how insidious Silver can be? I had assumed I had you pegged, but I was wrong." She wipes the lenses before slipping them back on and bowing her head. "I am sorry for making assumptions about you, Jade. Please accept my apologies."

Upon receiving Jade's answer, she then rubs her chin. "So, if your animal instincts are not strong enough to tap... what do you like to do for fun?"

Knight Errant wrote:Meek Runfast lets out a girlish eep as she is slapped. Her form adorned with softness and finery as fear floods into her mind. She scrambles away on hands and knees from Ling and grabs the scepter... holding it in between herself and Ling defensively. "I-I surrender!" She squeaks... overwhelmed by the sensations. Her form and mind so alien from her normal.

Ling smiles, and immediately helps the princess back to her heeled feet, keeping an arm around her so that she might get used to it. "Very well. As per the conditions of the duel, you are now my student. You are to study the ways of Blooming Wallflower Style under my tutelage. And if you don't want that? Well... there's the door." She gestures to the gates, to the stairs... to Muffinville.

"How long do you think you would last?" she asks frankly. "Indigo girls are often the target of whatever rampaging beast or new conqueror who decides to try their luck here. Do you think you would prefer a tower, or a dungeon?"

She's smiling, clearly enjoying this.

AmbushCat wrote:*Joni blinks a few times in pleasant surprise, then nods and walks further in. She looks around as she goes, keeping her eyes open for her elf self.*

((OOC: Hey, Blaze? You feeling up to tackling these three personalities as far as their narrative is concerned, at least until Joni's role in the thread is done with? I have to admit that I didn't give her a lot of character development beyond "tall, klutzy housekeeper" after I created her, even after her Color became set in stone. ()^_^ ))

[Wouldn't have started it if I wasn't up for it!]

There's a rustle in the trees, as Jill suddenly drops down to stand before Joni. "What are you doing here?" she asks a little icily as she regards the maid and Ling both. "This place is meant to be quiet. Serene. Don't go tromping all over it with your big clumsy feet." Her tone audibly sharpens right away, fingers twitching as her eyes look to the nearest couch.

Ling is remaining silent, but watching the two intently. This is Joni's introspective episode, and she'll not interfere.

AmbushCat wrote:*shakes her head* Nah, you can have it if you want. I'm carnivorous, yes, but I'm not a humanitarian.

Feng wrote:The Chibi stares at crazy lady with the fake tan and the nasty box cutter. .______.

In the span of a millisecond, his bland NPC life flashed before his eyes from his upbringing in the markets of the Chibi District, his joining Lord Bones gang (he offered Dental and a generous 401K plan).... conveniently his memories of the grueling training regimen popped up among the memories.

He was back in his training school, listening to Professor Kiwi discuss the various denizens of the city.

".... thus annihilating both the Ovalisk completely. Any questions before I move on to discussing Plushies?"

A hand shot up in the back row. It figured. War Beak was always trying to suck up to the professor with his many questions.

"Professor Kiwi, I noticed you didn't talk much about orange in your lecture on color energy earlier. Could you tell us more about the strange females it creates?"

The good professor cleared his throat.

"On the issue of Orange and the Tsunderes it creates, they are perhaps one of the most dangerous entities that inhabit the city." The professor slowly scrawled the word TSUNDERE in large block letters on the chalkboard, causing half the class to wince. "Indeed, the Tall Ones have enacted a blanket ban on the color and its fruit, the Clockwork Orange, hence why Lord Bones has begun stockpiling the fruit for-"

"Professor Kiwi" interrupted another Chibi from the front row, a cute female that the ninja had a huge crush on. "What should we do if we encounter a Tsundere?"

"Well Miss Jolene, there is only one viable option should you find yourself in a melee situation with an Orange girl, and that is....."

The ninja shook his head, raising his fingers to form a hand sign.

".... bring it on Goldilocks...."

(FYI, 'yandere' is the more appropriate term)

The ganguro smirks, before breaking into a sprint, moving so fast that the tiles under her feet splinter with every footfall. She's upon her diminutive opponent in an instant. A single segment of the box cutter blade has been pushed out, and she slashes with it in savage glee!

Feng wrote:The old Chibi smiled.

"The very essence of Chibi ninjutsu IS subterfuge, Missy" said the old man, nodding sagely. "It wouldn't be a fair challenge to your instructor if I held back would it?"

He gave a wry grin to the girl as he hobbled over to Ling.

"An excellent show of force, Missy" he said, leaning on his mop staff. "You sure mopped the floor with that loud brute, ehehehehehehe."

He give a wink to the princess then turned back to the sensei.

"Your disciple speaks very highly of ya too; a definite sign of a great teacher."

He head tilts. "Given your student's cognizance, I suppose you know why I am here?" he said with a toothy grin.

Ling regards the elderly Chibi, and nods. "Yes. I noticed your disciple upon my roof. At present, he is fighting with one of my students." She gestures up at the pagoda before continuing. "Is this an invasion, or an official challenge? If the former, be aware that I'll not tolerate any enemies to my school. I can and will have to uproot your entire organization to protect mine." The woman was right; she really doesn't like the underhanded stuff.

"If this is an official challenge however, I accept it. State your conditions clearly."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:40 am

Blaze wrote:(FYI, 'yandere' is the more appropriate term)

The ganguro smirks, before breaking into a sprint, moving so fast that the tiles under her feet splinter with every footfall. She's upon her diminutive opponent in an instant. A single segment of the box cutter blade has been pushed out, and she slashes with it in savage glee!

The Chibi concentrates as the ganguro swings her blade towards his tiny body, trying to remain calm while also trying to avoid wetting his Shinobi Shozoku. His heart thumps loudly, audibly as the box cutter approaches.

*Thump*

'almost.... ....'

*Thump*
'...almost....'

*Ka-Thump*
'.... .... NOW!'

Upon near contact with the diminutive warrior there is a loud *pop* as the box cutter slashes into what appears to be a standard ninja log (complete with leaf). Taking advantage of the diversion, the ninja attempts to flee from the roof top, soaring like an eagle on a pogo-stick.

Blaze wrote:
Ling regards the elderly Chibi, and nods. "Yes. I noticed your disciple upon my roof. At present, he is fighting with one of my students." She gestures up at the pagoda before continuing. "Is this an invasion, or an official challenge? If the former, be aware that I'll not tolerate any enemies to my school. I can and will have to uproot your entire organization to protect mine." The woman was right; she really doesn't like the underhanded stuff.

"If this is an official challenge however, I accept it. State your conditions clearly."

The Chibi elder blinks at the mention of 'disciple'. His eyes glance up to the roof where he sees the Chibi ninja fighting (poorly) against some crazy girl with a box cutter.

'Ah. One of Bones' he silently observed, before giving his attention back to Ling.

"This is simply a friendly challenge on behalf of the Black Temple school" said the elder. "Our Master desires to give you a proper contest. Not quite sure why he had to send an old Chibi though, ehehehehe!"

He carefully stroked his beard.

"As for conditions.... Well lets see. If I defeat you in this duel .... you and your school will have the honor of cleaning the entire Black Temple complex. Did you know, young un, it used to be the Blue Temple when it was built? A thousand years of smoke and burning incense will do that, eheheheheheh."

He stretches.

"Ah and if you should somehow beat this old man to a pulp... Well the Black Temple does not exactly have a sign to offer.... You Tall Un's and your strange collections. Hmmmm.... Oh! I know. How about I give you ownership of our legendary Northern School? It possesses its own hot springs; good for the aching back after a rigorous day of training!"

He scratches his chin.

"Ah, and as an added bonus I'll throw in my disciple on the roof there. Sound good?"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:22 am

[Wouldn't have started it if I wasn't up for it!]

There's a rustle in the trees, as Jill suddenly drops down to stand before Joni. "What are you doing here?" she asks a little icily as she regards the maid and Ling both. "This place is meant to be quiet. Serene. Don't go tromping all over it with your big clumsy feet." Her tone audibly sharpens right away, fingers twitching as her eyes look to the nearest couch.

Ling is remaining silent, but watching the two intently. This is Joni's introspective episode, and she'll not interfere.

Joni: Um, right. Sorry about that... if I may, Miss Jill, I'd like to speak with you for a few minutes. *bows a bit unsteadily* Please?

Upon near contact with the diminutive warrior there is a loud *pop* as the box cutter slashes into what appears to be a standard ninja log (complete with leaf). Taking advantage of the diversion, the ninja attempts to flee from the roof top, soaring like an eagle on a pogo-stick.

*Some of the fur on Ambush's side fire off like needles towards the chibi ninja. While en route, they expand into full-size balloons filled with what appear to be maple syrup and molasses.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:07 am

AmbushCat wrote:
*Some of the fur on Ambush's side fire off like needles towards the chibi ninja. While en route, they expand into full-size balloons filled with what appear to be maple syrup and molasses.*

The Chibi stares at the cat as the balloons of stickiness are sent on a collision course. His eyes seem to say 'Et tu, Feles Insidiis?'
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:32 am

Blaze wrote:Ling smiles, and immediately helps the princess back to her heeled feet, keeping an arm around her so that she might get used to it. "Very well. As per the conditions of the duel, you are now my student. You are to study the ways of Blooming Wallflower Style under my tutelage. And if you don't want that? Well... there's the door." She gestures to the gates, to the stairs... to Muffinville.

"How long do you think you would last?" she asks frankly. "Indigo girls are often the target of whatever rampaging beast or new conqueror who decides to try their luck here. Do you think you would prefer a tower, or a dungeon?"

She's smiling, clearly enjoying this.

Its a good thing she is supporting her... as she gets to those heels, her gloved hands windmill out to the side... the fear of falling clutching her heart. She gapes at Ling's ultimatum. "I... b-but... I said I'd train under you. But... like... this?" She looks back down at herself... and then up. "How me supposed to fight like this...?"
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:17 pm

"It's alright. My way of adjusting my own mannerisms is almost intentionally deceptive..not maliciously so, though." The wolf-girl thinks on the question of what she does enjoy doing for a moment. "I enjoy designing and programming robots and similar things, like my powersuit. Reading in general. That's all rather sedentary, though...I suppose I also like justice." She seems slightly embarrassed to put it this way. "I was..in a sense created by a superhero named Ookalf. With him as something of a role model, I use my talents to do good where I can, which in some cases means acting like a superhero in my powersuit. To be honest, that motivation alone would be enough to just do the exercises necessary, knowing what their end is." She nods slightly, with an expression probably intended to be determined, but...it's more of a cute look. Something about her just seems to make her outward expressions inherently cute, as if all the red she mentioned being made out of went to her body...

--

Another visitor approaches the dojo from a distance. He has the bearing of a well-accomplished swordsman, but more than that, to the eyes of someone sensitive to color energies he's like a brilliant Crimson sun, the kind of concentration of a single color that could only come from something like that color's Avatar.

((Or we can not have him show up if you don't want to deal with two of my characters at once. I don't want to be a bother))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 am

Feng wrote:The Chibi concentrates as the ganguro swings her blade towards his tiny body, trying to remain calm while also trying to avoid wetting his Shinobi Shozoku. His heart thumps loudly, audibly as the box cutter approaches.

*Thump*

'almost.... ....'

*Thump*
'...almost....'

*Ka-Thump*
'.... .... NOW!'

AmbushCat wrote:*Some of the fur on Ambush's side fire off like needles towards the chibi ninja. While en route, they expand into full-size balloons filled with what appear to be maple syrup and molasses.*

The ganguro falls for the bait entirely! And it's a good thing too, because the moment that box cutter slices into the log's bark, the whole thing is cleaved into splinters. The first segment of the blade snaps off entirely, breaking into pieces. The woman looks around wildly, before following Ambush's fur-needle spray towards their intended target. She smirks, before backing up on the roof a bit.

With a burst of speed, she dashes towards the edge before long jumping, closing the distance between she and Chibi, plump legs tucked against her tummy before exploding outwards, a fierce dropkick with all force concentrated on the stiletto heels!

Feng wrote:The Chibi elder blinks at the mention of 'disciple'. His eyes glance up to the roof where he sees the Chibi ninja fighting (poorly) against some crazy girl with a box cutter.

'Ah. One of Bones' he silently observed, before giving his attention back to Ling.

"This is simply a friendly challenge on behalf of the Black Temple school" said the elder. "Our Master desires to give you a proper contest. Not quite sure why he had to send an old Chibi though, ehehehehe!"

He carefully stroked his beard.

"As for conditions.... Well lets see. If I defeat you in this duel .... you and your school will have the honor of cleaning the entire Black Temple complex. Did you know, young un, it used to be the Blue Temple when it was built? A thousand years of smoke and burning incense will do that, eheheheheheh."

He stretches.

"Ah and if you should somehow beat this old man to a pulp... Well the Black Temple does not exactly have a sign to offer.... You Tall Un's and your strange collections. Hmmmm.... Oh! I know. How about I give you ownership of our legendary Northern School? It possesses its own hot springs; good for the aching back after a rigorous day of training!"

He scratches his chin.

"Ah, and as an added bonus I'll throw in my disciple on the roof there. Sound good?"

Ling looks up at the fleeing Chibi before glaring down at the old coot. "Discard all pretenses that you can trick me. I saw that momentary look of confusion. Whoever is up there is no disciple of yours. Thus, their lives are not yours to bargain with. And if they were? I would take them off your hands regardless of the outcome. No one deserves a master who would so callously gamble them like that."

She turns her back on the old man before striding a respectable distance away. "However, your offer of your Northern School is acceptable. And should I lose, I shall clean your whole temple myself, in a single day." She turns, and plants her foot hard upon the ground, spread far away from the back one. Her aura burns with every color of the rainbow as she regards her next opponent.

He may have irked her a little.

AmbushCat wrote:Joni: Um, right. Sorry about that... if I may, Miss Jill, I'd like to speak with you for a few minutes. *bows a bit unsteadily* Please?

Ling gives a single approving nod, but says nothing as Jill critically examines the grasses behind Joni, making sure her heels didn't disturb them too much. It is seemingly to her satisfaction, as she finally relents and flops onto a couch with a grumble. One finger strokes one of those removable cushions as she says, "Fine. What do you want?"

Knight Errant wrote:Its a good thing she is supporting her... as she gets to those heels, her gloved hands windmill out to the side... the fear of falling clutching her heart. She gapes at Ling's ultimatum. "I... b-but... I said I'd train under you. But... like... this?" She looks back down at herself... and then up. "How me supposed to fight like this...?"

As Ling challenges the elderly Chibi, another one of her peels off. This one has a streak of Indigo hair, and her gi is a little bit different. Yellow frills line the hems, and the pants are a bit poofier. Her tone is also slightly softer. This Ling guides the former oni away, tutting softly at her language.

"Nono, it's 'how am I supposed to fight like this?' And the answer is simple; the same way I did when I defeated you. You only saw a glimpse of the Blooming Wallflower Style's full potential. You may think that garbs such as these are a hindrance, but they are actually what the style is deigned for. I was fighting with a handicap in these things." She tugs are her clothes, clearly designed for martial arts.

"But before we start, I think you need a proper name. What you offered before was clearly false... you don't exactly have the look of a Japanese hime, so I think something more European would be suited... any thoughts dear?"

Whatevr89532 wrote:"It's alright. My way of adjusting my own mannerisms is almost intentionally deceptive..not maliciously so, though." The wolf-girl thinks on the question of what she does enjoy doing for a moment. "I enjoy designing and programming robots and similar things, like my powersuit. Reading in general. That's all rather sedentary, though...I suppose I also like justice." She seems slightly embarrassed to put it this way. "I was..in a sense created by a superhero named Ookalf. With him as something of a role model, I use my talents to do good where I can, which in some cases means acting like a superhero in my powersuit. To be honest, that motivation alone would be enough to just do the exercises necessary, knowing what their end is." She nods slightly, with an expression probably intended to be determined, but...it's more of a cute look. Something about her just seems to make her outward expressions inherently cute, as if all the red she mentioned being made out of went to her body...

Ling again can't help but smile at Jade's own inherent cuteness. Her eyes drift up to the wolfgirl's ears, as if she's resisting the urge to reach out and pet them. And if she's feeling those urges, resist them she does. "Hmmm... programming is not the most strenuous of tasks... but, justice you say?" Her eyes glint behind those glasses as a thought comes to her.

"Okay, give me one of these." She bends low, before springing upright, arms held above her head and lifting one leg from the ground. It's a classic 'flying superhero taking off' pose. "And then again, this time with the other leg. And then do this;" She next spreads her legs, holding one arm in front of her chest, then throwing out the other diagonally. It's a very Sentai-ish pose. "Then reset to a neutral stance, and again with the arms reversed. Sequence those and see how you like it."

Whatevr89532 wrote:Another visitor approaches the dojo from a distance. He has the bearing of a well-accomplished swordsman, but more than that, to the eyes of someone sensitive to color energies he's like a brilliant Crimson sun, the kind of concentration of a single color that could only come from something like that color's Avatar.

((Or we can not have him show up if you don't want to deal with two of my characters at once. I don't want to be a bother))

[I think I can handle it!]

The schoolgirl and the dancer, still in gate duty, bunch up a bit as the man approaches. "Excuse me sir!" the schoolgirl says. "If you've come to issue a formal challenge, you're fine to keep those swords! But if you've just come to watch, we ask that you check them in with us! We'll keep an eye on them, and you can pick them up as you go."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Feng » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Blaze wrote:

The ganguro falls for the bait entirely! And it's a good thing too, because the moment that box cutter slices into the log's bark, the whole thing is cleaved into splinters. The first segment of the blade snaps off entirely, breaking into pieces. The woman looks around wildly, before following Ambush's fur-needle spray towards their intended target. She smirks, before backing up on the roof a bit.

With a burst of speed, she dashes towards the edge before long jumping, closing the distance between she and Chibi, plump legs tucked against her tummy before exploding outwards, a fierce dropkick with all force concentrated on the stiletto heels!

The Chibi winced as the Ganguro's box cutter ripped the log to splinters. Not Good!

And now the crazy bimbo was barreling at him with the ferocity of a bullet train, with him pinned in place by the feline's attack. NOT GOOD!

And yet an idea was formulating. If the gunk could pin him to the roof.... Maybe it could do the same to her? It was possible. The woman was utilizing attacks based off two certain color energies, neither of which were famous for bestowing a rational mind. Indeed, her attacks were highly erratic, substituting accuracy for wanton aggression.

'The ideal opponent was an angry one' echoed the voice of Professor Kiwi in his head. Furthermore, his body was a smaller target than what he hoped his opponent was used to.
‘…. Here goes nothing…’ he muttered as he attempted to wiggle and squeeze his tiny form to the left of the incoming heels.

Blaze wrote:
Ling looks up at the fleeing Chibi before glaring down at the old coot. "Discard all pretenses that you can trick me. I saw that momentary look of confusion. Whoever is up there is no disciple of yours. Thus, their lives are not yours to bargain with. And if they were? I would take them off your hands regardless of the outcome. No one deserves a master who would so callously gamble them like that."

She turns her back on the old man before striding a respectable distance away. "However, your offer of your Northern School is acceptable. And should I lose, I shall clean your whole temple myself, in a single day." She turns, and plants her foot hard upon the ground, spread far away from the back one. Her aura burns with every color of the rainbow as she regards her next opponent.

He may have irked her a little.

The Old Chibi raised an eyebrow.

“For someone boasting mastery of discernment, you were quite hasty to assume that fellow was my disciple.” He gestured up to the chibi on the roof. He nodded approvingly at the boy’s use of the ninja log. For one of Bones’ rookies, the boy showed promise. Such a pity he would likely not leave this place.
“Do we all look alike to you, perhaps?” ‘,:|

Ling might observe that her opponent had dropped the ‘crazy coot’ mannerisms; his tone was dry and dour.

He folded his arms as he studied his opponent’s aura. Just his luck. He had served the Black Temple faithfully for decades. He had survived the horrors of the shadow war between the Penguin and Puffin. He had dealt with the rogue Chibiwanbanshu agents who had defected to Bones’ cause. He was even there to witness the Black Temple’s secret weapon escape; he barely escaped oblivion by the skin of his teeth.

Yet now the Smoking One had rewarded his faithful servant by sending him against this Tall One. He did not care to be here, personally. He cared little for the surface. Yet the woman standing before him had just threatened the destruction of his school thanks to her hasty generalizations.

A comeuppance was due!

He bowed to Ling, (it was good manners) and assumed the ready stance.

“I am Master Waffle Iron, representative of the Chibiwanbanshu. Accept this friendly match as a gift from Smoking Toaster.”
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Ling gives a single approving nod, but says nothing as Jill critically examines the grasses behind Joni, making sure her heels didn't disturb them too much. It is seemingly to her satisfaction, as she finally relents and flops onto a couch with a grumble. One finger strokes one of those removable cushions as she says, "Fine. What do you want?"

Joni: Well, um... here's the thing. You likely know this already, but recently I've been studying martial arts under Master Ling back there. The way she described it, all of us---you six and myself---are seven parts of a whole.
*a little bit nervous* I guess what I'm asking is, would you be willing to lend me your abilities in the future? I hope I said that right...

'The ideal opponent was an angry one' echoed the voice of Professor Kiwi in his head. Furthermore, his body was a smaller target than what he hoped his opponent was used to.
‘…. Here goes nothing…’ he muttered as he attempted to wiggle and squeeze his tiny form to the left of the incoming heels.

*The quagmire he's in is rather thick, but he should be able to evade the incoming attack with enough effort.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse