The Way of the Iridescent Fist

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Way of the Iridescent Fist

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Blaze wrote:As Ling challenges the elderly Chibi, another one of her peels off. This one has a streak of Indigo hair, and her gi is a little bit different. Yellow frills line the hems, and the pants are a bit poofier. Her tone is also slightly softer. This Ling guides the former oni away, tutting softly at her language.

"Nono, it's 'how am I supposed to fight like this?' And the answer is simple; the same way I did when I defeated you. You only saw a glimpse of the Blooming Wallflower Style's full potential. You may think that garbs such as these are a hindrance, but they are actually what the style is deigned for. I was fighting with a handicap in these things." She tugs are her clothes, clearly designed for martial arts.

"But before we start, I think you need a proper name. What you offered before was clearly false... you don't exactly have the look of a Japanese hime, so I think something more European would be suited... any thoughts dear?"

She grumbles... "It rude to ask Oni's true name..." She answers sulkily. Following the new splinter of Ling... wobbling in her high heels. Her walk, her talk, her posture... its all rough. If Ling intends to make a lady out of her, it would take some work.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:13 pm

"Alright..." Jade attempts the poses. On the first one it becomes clear her balance isn't bad at all, for all the talk of being clumsy; her tail serves the purpose it should in making standing on one leg fairly easy. It doesn't seem like she has trouble doing any of them, and her imitation of the positions is basically perfect, but just something...about the way she looks while doing them...more red-like-ness again.

--

"Ah, well, I shouldn't need these here." He gets the sheathed swords off of him right away and then gently offers them hilt-first, one at a time. A visitor has a sense of manners, for once! "I'm not after a challenge unless it's the only option available. A friend of mine told me of a martial arts style based on the colors, and I wondered if I could compare notes with someone on the Crimson portion of it. I'm the...new...?" He pauses, as if uncertain whether that's the right word for it. "Well, I'm the avatar of that color, anyway. Ahh, name's Fox."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 am

Feng wrote:The Chibi winced as the Ganguro's box cutter ripped the log to splinters. Not Good!

And now the crazy bimbo was barreling at him with the ferocity of a bullet train, with him pinned in place by the feline's attack. NOT GOOD!

And yet an idea was formulating. If the gunk could pin him to the roof.... Maybe it could do the same to her? It was possible. The woman was utilizing attacks based off two certain color energies, neither of which were famous for bestowing a rational mind. Indeed, her attacks were highly erratic, substituting accuracy for wanton aggression.

'The ideal opponent was an angry one' echoed the voice of Professor Kiwi in his head. Furthermore, his body was a smaller target than what he hoped his opponent was used to.
‘…. Here goes nothing…’ he muttered as he attempted to wiggle and squeeze his tiny form to the left of the incoming heels.

AmbushCat wrote:*The quagmire he's in is rather thick, but he should be able to evade the incoming attack with enough effort.*

The ganguro cackles as she streaks through the air, homing in on the Chibi. She kicks! But his wriggling gets him just clear, and she too is now entangled in the goop. Her momentum carries them over the dojo walls, and bouncing down the hill, gathering up dirt the whole way.

"Oof! Ow! OW!" she yelps with each impact, before the two impact at the bottom of the stairs, just outside Muffinville. "Nice going, dingus!"

Feng wrote:The Old Chibi raised an eyebrow.

“For someone boasting mastery of discernment, you were quite hasty to assume that fellow was my disciple.” He gestured up to the chibi on the roof. He nodded approvingly at the boy’s use of the ninja log. For one of Bones’ rookies, the boy showed promise. Such a pity he would likely not leave this place.
“Do we all look alike to you, perhaps?” ‘,:|

Ling might observe that her opponent had dropped the ‘crazy coot’ mannerisms; his tone was dry and dour.

He folded his arms as he studied his opponent’s aura. Just his luck. He had served the Black Temple faithfully for decades. He had survived the horrors of the shadow war between the Penguin and Puffin. He had dealt with the rogue Chibiwanbanshu agents who had defected to Bones’ cause. He was even there to witness the Black Temple’s secret weapon escape; he barely escaped oblivion by the skin of his teeth.

Yet now the Smoking One had rewarded his faithful servant by sending him against this Tall One. He did not care to be here, personally. He cared little for the surface. Yet the woman standing before him had just threatened the destruction of his school thanks to her hasty generalizations.

A comeuppance was due!

He bowed to Ling, (it was good manners) and assumed the ready stance.

“I am Master Waffle Iron, representative of the Chibiwanbanshu. Accept this friendly match as a gift from Smoking Toaster.”

"What am I to think? Two of among the most secretive peoples in Muffinville show up on the same day, and I am to assume it is not related?" Ling says, before shaking her head. "No, never mind. We talk through our fists now."

In an instant, she has crossed the distance between she and Master Waffle, leaving a trail of multicolored afterimages behind her. "Ominous Void Style: Teardrop in the Dark," she intones softly, before raising a leg and bringing it down at the Chibi, heel first!

AmbushCat wrote:Joni: Well, um... here's the thing. You likely know this already, but recently I've been studying martial arts under Master Ling back there. The way she described it, all of us---you six and myself---are seven parts of a whole.
*a little bit nervous* I guess what I'm asking is, would you be willing to lend me your abilities in the future? I hope I said that right...

The elf glowers at the maid, cheeks puffing a little. "That's all you have to say? No 'Hello Jill, how are you? What are your dreams? How would you live life if you were in charge?' Just asking for help so you don't have to fall over yourself every second of the day?!"

She grabs one of those cushions and suddenly lets it fly! It's a warning shot, skimming Joni's shoulder as it flies into the treeline. "If you come here with that attitude, you can forget it!"

Knight Errant wrote:She grumbles... "It rude to ask Oni's true name..." She answers sulkily. Following the new splinter of Ling... wobbling in her high heels. Her walk, her talk, her posture... its all rough. If Ling intends to make a lady out of her, it would take some work.

Ling sighs as she watches the Princess stomp as if she weighted several hundred pounds more than she did. "Oh, this won't do... here, like this," she says, before displaying how to walk properly. Heel first to hit the ground, then toe. One foot in front of the other, keeping shoulders straight and head looking forward. "All styles start with being able to stand and move correctly. You're not an elephant, so don't try to move like one."

She also tuts at that huffy comment, and reaches out to pinch the princess' cheek. "Perhaps not, but you are no oni anymore. You are my student, and I need something to call you. So if you do not pick something, I will. And it will be the most humiliating, effeminate name I can conceive. Would you prefer 'Princess Lunarsnow?' How about 'Lady Softsping?' Oh, or 'Dame Silvertrot?'"

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Alright..." Jade attempts the poses. On the first one it becomes clear her balance isn't bad at all, for all the talk of being clumsy; her tail serves the purpose it should in making standing on one leg fairly easy. It doesn't seem like she has trouble doing any of them, and her imitation of the positions is basically perfect, but just something...about the way she looks while doing them...more red-like-ness again.

Ling can't help but smile as Jade goes through the exercises. Once or twice, she even has to stifle an 'aww!' "I don't think I'm ever going to make a fierce warrior out of you, but a technically proficient one is well within reach. You have good balance and poise, at least. Are you sure you're not interested in learning Budding Cherry Style? You certainly have the looks to take advantage of its more... psychological techniques. Not to mention, it always pays to have a second fallback."

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Ah, well, I shouldn't need these here." He gets the sheathed swords off of him right away and then gently offers them hilt-first, one at a time. A visitor has a sense of manners, for once! "I'm not after a challenge unless it's the only option available. A friend of mine told me of a martial arts style based on the colors, and I wondered if I could compare notes with someone on the Crimson portion of it. I'm the...new...?" He pauses, as if uncertain whether that's the right word for it. "Well, I'm the avatar of that color, anyway. Ahh, name's Fox."

The dancer accepts the blade and puts them in a little adjacent storeroom as the schoolgirl explains. "Oh, not at all! The Master always welcomes new students, or those willing to pool their knowledge to further our styles. A visit from an Avatar will be most appreciated! She's in the middle of a fight right now, but if you can find another version of here, someone will be able to help you."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:46 am

Knight Errant wrote:She grumbles... "It rude to ask Oni's true name..." She answers sulkily. Following the new splinter of Ling... wobbling in her high heels. Her walk, her talk, her posture... its all rough. If Ling intends to make a lady out of her, it would take some work.

*humming to herself on the roof*
~Let's get down to business, to meet the princess.
Did they send us monsters with their minds recessed?
You're the oddest grump I've ever met,
but you can bet before we're through:
somehow she'll...
make a lass...
out of you.~

The ganguro cackles as she streaks through the air, homing in on the Chibi. She kicks! But his wriggling gets him just clear, and she too is now entangled in the goop. Her momentum carries them over the dojo walls, and bouncing down the hill, gathering up dirt the whole way.

"Oof! Ow! OW!" she yelps with each impact, before the two impact at the bottom of the stairs, just outside Muffinville. "Nice going, dingus!"

*calls after them* Thanks, I try!

The elf glowers at the maid, cheeks puffing a little. "That's all you have to say? No 'Hello Jill, how are you? What are your dreams? How would you live life if you were in charge?' Just asking for help so you don't have to fall over yourself every second of the day?!"

She grabs one of those cushions and suddenly lets it fly! It's a warning shot, skimming Joni's shoulder as it flies into the treeline. "If you come here with that attitude, you can forget it!"

*Joni's a bit rattled by this response, but she doesn't show it outwardly.
It's a start, anyway. May I sit down, Miss Jill?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 am

Blaze wrote:The ganguro cackles as she streaks through the air, homing in on the Chibi. She kicks! But his wriggling gets him just clear, and she too is now entangled in the goop. Her momentum carries them over the dojo walls, and bouncing down the hill, gathering up dirt the whole way.

"....Brainless psycho. You're the one whose reckless attack got us here...."

In the course of rolling down the hill, the two assailants had managed to separate from the goop ball. A sticky residue still clinged to both their forms, caking them in the dirt and debris from their little tumble.

The Chibi worked quick to regain his footing, reconnoitering his surroundings. "....We're outside the dojo...." he observed. He glanced at the Ganguro, wondering if she was still down too.

Blaze wrote:
"What am I to think? Two of among the most secretive peoples in Muffinville show up on the same day, and I am to assume it is not related?" Ling says, before shaking her head. "No, never mind. We talk through our fists now."

In an instant, she has crossed the distance between she and Master Waffle, leaving a trail of multicolored afterimages behind her. "Ominous Void Style: Teardrop in the Dark," she intones softly, before raising a leg and bringing it down at the Chibi, heel first!

"Impressive technique" says Master Waffle Iron, raising his hands to the floor. "But I have a neat trick or two, too!"

Master Ling might notice smoke emanating out the sleeves of the Chibi's sleeves.... Something was bulging out from underneath. Explosives? Her opponent must have lit them when he folded his arms earlier.... But what was his game?

"Perhaps you should play with someone your own size, Tall One" he cackled as the packets discharged. There was a series of loud *pops* followed by a huge burst of blue and black smoke that engulfed the courtyard. The air was thick with the eye-stinging aroma of strong incense.

Curiously enough, though, just the area designated for the duel was engulfed.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Blaze wrote:Ling sighs as she watches the Princess stomp as if she weighted several hundred pounds more than she did. "Oh, this won't do... here, like this," she says, before displaying how to walk properly. Heel first to hit the ground, then toe. One foot in front of the other, keeping shoulders straight and head looking forward. "All styles start with being able to stand and move correctly. You're not an elephant, so don't try to move like one."

She also tuts at that huffy comment, and reaches out to pinch the princess' cheek. "Perhaps not, but you are no oni anymore. You are my student, and I need something to call you. So if you do not pick something, I will. And it will be the most humiliating, effeminate name I can conceive. Would you prefer 'Princess Lunarsnow?' How about 'Lady Softsping?' Oh, or 'Dame Silvertrot?'"

The Oni winces at that... but... perhaps surprisingly... tries to follow her instructions the best she can. Watching Ling's movements closely and trying to copy them... wobbling some distance in a straight line before turning about and walking back the other way. Trying to alter her walk and posture. "Oni agreed to be your student if lost. He honors all agreements..." She murmurs...

At the pinch of her cheeks and the threat of giving her a name... that fear surges again in her large, purple eyes. "O-oh my! Um... a name... a name... I once heard tell of a princess who married a demon prince... her name was Charlotte. Would that... be appropriate?"

She blinks... and snorts... shaking her head, as that fear is driven from her face. "Ugh... Oni's head still ringing from headbutt."
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Jade hmms briefly. "I never really said I wasn't interested, though the one based on intellect sounded easier for me to learn. I'm...not unaware of my immature appearance, though I am actually an adult. If the Blooming Cherry Style takes advantage of the expectation of a weak opponent it could be especially helpful in exactly the kind of situation I'm worried about...when someone has found a way to engage me in battle without me having access to the suit. Usually I'd use that, so the most likely assumption would be that I would be useless without it."

--

Fox nods. "I'll look around. If all of her versions are busy I have enough patience to wait a while." And he heads inside, keeping out of the way of but watching the training students around.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 am

AmbushCat wrote:*Joni's a bit rattled by this response, but she doesn't show it outwardly.
It's a start, anyway. May I sit down, Miss Jill?

The elf is breathing hard, cheeks and ears red as she stares daggers and cushions at Joni. But eventually, she flops down on the couch and makes a gesture that suggests 'do as you like.' However, she has left the maid the side of the couch that is now sans a cushion.

Ling makes an encouraging gesture as she edges around the two, keeping a respectable distance.

Feng wrote:"....Brainless psycho. You're the one whose reckless attack got us here...."

In the course of rolling down the hill, the two assailants had managed to separate from the goop ball. A sticky residue still clinged to both their forms, caking them in the dirt and debris from their little tumble.

The Chibi worked quick to regain his footing, reconnoitering his surroundings. "....We're outside the dojo...." he observed. He glanced at the Ganguro, wondering if she was still down too.

She's getting up and trying to peel grass from her sticky form. "Ooohhh... grass stains like, never come out..." she complains as she tugs on her clothes. Seems the tumble knocked some of the psychotic instincts out of her! Although, she still fixes the Chibi with a firm scowl.

"You're the one sneaking about and siccing pigeons on me! Don't let me see you again, or else I'm totally telling Master on you!"

And with that, she starts to storm back up the stairs.

Feng wrote:"Impressive technique" says Master Waffle Iron, raising his hands to the floor. "But I have a neat trick or two, too!"

Master Ling might notice smoke emanating out the sleeves of the Chibi's sleeves.... Something was bulging out from underneath. Explosives? Her opponent must have lit them when he folded his arms earlier.... But what was his game?

"Perhaps you should play with someone your own size, Tall One" he cackled as the packets discharged. There was a series of loud *pops* followed by a huge burst of blue and black smoke that engulfed the courtyard. The air was thick with the eye-stinging aroma of strong incense.

Curiously enough, though, just the area designated for the duel was engulfed.

Ling's foot probably hits nothing then as it scythes through the smoke. She keeps her mouth very closed as she bends low, turning her palm to face the sky before rising explosively, thrusting it straight up. The resulting updraft created should hopefully be enough to clear the smoke!

"Size matters not, Master Waffle," she says once it has.

Knight Errant wrote:The Oni winces at that... but... perhaps surprisingly... tries to follow her instructions the best she can. Watching Ling's movements closely and trying to copy them... wobbling some distance in a straight line before turning about and walking back the other way. Trying to alter her walk and posture. "Oni agreed to be your student if lost. He honors all agreements..." She murmurs...

At the pinch of her cheeks and the threat of giving her a name... that fear surges again in her large, purple eyes. "O-oh my! Um... a name... a name... I once heard tell of a princess who married a demon prince... her name was Charlotte. Would that... be appropriate?"

She blinks... and snorts... shaking her head, as that fear is driven from her face. "Ugh... Oni's head still ringing from headbutt."

Ling smiles as the newly-named Charlotte finally pick something. The smile only gets wider when the princess seems to snap back to oni-speech. Something else to work on~ "That is more than acceptable, Charlotte. Now, a for your stride, it's already improved, which is wonderful. Now, we're going to start going through the basic motions of the style."

She claps her hands, and more students assemble a clothed table with a teapot and cup set upon in. Ling pours some from the pot to the cup and says, "Have some tea."

Whatevr89532 wrote:Jade hmms briefly. "I never really said I wasn't interested, though the one based on intellect sounded easier for me to learn. I'm...not unaware of my immature appearance, though I am actually an adult. If the Blooming Cherry Style takes advantage of the expectation of a weak opponent it could be especially helpful in exactly the kind of situation I'm worried about...when someone has found a way to engage me in battle without me having access to the suit. Usually I'd use that, so the most likely assumption would be that I would be useless without it."

Ling nods, smiling that Jade understood what she was getting at. "Precisely. Blooming Cherry Style is rooted in the fact that many would hesitate to hit a child, as many exposed to the color often regress to that age. It also incorporates grapples more than strikes, which are easier to perform with an underdeveloped body. It would be a good start for you, allowing you to strengthen yourself before moving fully to Polished Mind Style. What do you say?"

Whatevr89532 wrote:Fox nods. "I'll look around. If all of her versions are busy I have enough patience to wait a while." And he heads inside, keeping out of the way of but watching the training students around.

As Fox crosses the threshold, he gets to experience the uncanny sensation of several eyes turning to lock on to him. Every Ling in the place regards him for a single moment, before another one drops from above the gate to land before him. This one has antlers sprouting from the side of her head, and a long tail with red scales and golden ridges. Clearly a product of Crimson.

"Welcome, Avatar. How may I be of service?"
she asks.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:04 am

The wolf-girl nods. "It seems like the better choice all around. Thank you for the advice."

--

Fox gets a bit of a hand-on-back-of-neck gesture. "Ah, well..you know, I was curious about the style based on my color. Crimson is a bit...multifaceted, from what I can tell, and I wonder if it's a facet I haven't really seen yet. I wouldn't mind showing you what I've been able to discover about it myself, if you want that knowledge."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Blaze wrote:Ling smiles as the newly-named Charlotte finally pick something. The smile only gets wider when the princess seems to snap back to oni-speech. Something else to work on~ "That is more than acceptable, Charlotte. Now, a for your stride, it's already improved, which is wonderful. Now, we're going to start going through the basic motions of the style."

She claps her hands, and more students assemble a clothed table with a teapot and cup set upon in. Ling pours some from the pot to the cup and says, "Have some tea."

Charlotte frowns... "Me glad you think walk better. These shoes silly." She frowns. "Unless supposed to kick with spike...?" She then stares with confusion at the tea. "Wha? Me thought you said we were working on motions... not have tea break." She brings a gloved hand to her chin... then shrugs. Carefully walking over on those heels... grasping the cup in a fist and going to take a swig of tea.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Blaze wrote:She's getting up and trying to peel grass from her sticky form. "Ooohhh... grass stains like, never come out..." she complains as she tugs on her clothes. Seems the tumble knocked some of the psychotic instincts out of her! Although, she still fixes the Chibi with a firm scowl.

"You're the one sneaking about and siccing pigeons on me! Don't let me see you again, or else I'm totally telling Master on you!"

And with that, she starts to storm back up the stairs.

The Chibi calls out to the girl.

"A real pity.... You fight well for a Tall One....!"

He follows her up the footsteps.

He paused, looking up at the smoke rising from Ling's updraft. "Uh oh. The Black Temple elder's using his trump card early..."

Blaze wrote:Ling's foot probably hits nothing then as it scythes through the smoke. She keeps her mouth very closed as she bends low, turning her palm to face the sky before rising explosively, thrusting it straight up. The resulting updraft created should hopefully be enough to clear the smoke!

"Size matters not, Master Waffle," she says once it has.

Master Ling is wise to disperse the smoke quickly for it was created by burning Shimmer Weed. The plant has hallucinogenic properties that have been utilized in the religious ceremonies of the Chibi for centuries. Humans who have encounters with Shimmer Weed often report strange visions such as wandering through vast wastelands, encountering floating pyramids and flying metal objects. Recreational use was frowned upon; the Black Temple kept supply of the sacred plant under tight guard. As a result, the Master of the Rainbow Dojo would most likely not be taking any crap from talking toasters or flirtatious peppers.

However, the Chibiwanbanshu of the Black Temple had more than one use for 'smoke'.

"A good platitude" laughs the old Chibi, delighted at Ling's cleverness. It had been a while since he encountered an opponent who bypassed the smoke screen. Yet now it was time to demonstrate the Black Temple's signature technique.

Ling would see that Master Waffle was airborne, riding the updraft with his oversized shirt. She would notice the rising smoke gathering around him.

"Its all about substance! And now witness the secret technique of the Black Temple School , Master Ling!"

There was a colossal thud as the smoke coalesces into anthropomorphic form. The colossus roars at the instructor before attempting to squash Ling with its own foot.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:24 pm

The elf is breathing hard, cheeks and ears red as she stares daggers and cushions at Joni. But eventually, she flops down on the couch and makes a gesture that suggests 'do as you like.' However, she has left the maid the side of the couch that is now sans a cushion.

Ling makes an encouraging gesture as she edges around the two, keeping a respectable distance.

*Joni carefully walks on over, careful not to mess anything up, and sits down on that side. If the lack of a cushion bothers her, she doesn't show it.*

Joni: Easy there. You were right, I should have considered that a bit more. How have you been feeling recently?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:44 am

Whatevr89532 wrote:The wolf-girl nods. "It seems like the better choice all around. Thank you for the advice."

The silver Ling smiles and nods. "Very well. I apologize for how... eclectic your instruction has been thus far. But finding everyone's Way takes a bit of experimenting. One moment."

She removes her glasses as she begins to shimmer in Red. She begins to lose a bit of height, her clothes shrinking to fight, face becoming more youthful. She ends up about the same height as Jade as she finally settles.

"Okay! It's time for you to learn Budding Cherry Style! Lesson one: hug me!"

She spreads her arms, and wiggles her fingers. Her eyes are wide and hopeful... are you really going to leave her hanging Jade?!

Whatevr89532 wrote:Fox gets a bit of a hand-on-back-of-neck gesture. "Ah, well..you know, I was curious about the style based on my color. Crimson is a bit...multifaceted, from what I can tell, and I wonder if it's a facet I haven't really seen yet. I wouldn't mind showing you what I've been able to discover about it myself, if you want that knowledge."

The draconic Ling nods. "You are correct, Crimson made developing a unified style difficult. What I have thus far is a fairly aggressive hard style that utilizes many bites, slashes with claws, and tail swipes, either to distract or club depending on tail type. Input from the Crimson Avatar may help diversify it based on what animal features are available.

She invites Fox in, leading him to an open space in the courtyard. "You arrived bearing blades, yes? How do you fight?"

Knight Errant wrote:Charlotte frowns... "Me glad you think walk better. These shoes silly." She frowns. "Unless supposed to kick with spike...?" She then stares with confusion at the tea. "Wha? Me thought you said we were working on motions... not have tea break." She brings a gloved hand to her chin... then shrugs. Carefully walking over on those heels... grasping the cup in a fist and going to take a swig of tea.

Ling smirks slightly. "Now you're getting it. Heels make excellent weapons once you have kicking down. But that will come in time. Now, drink."

As Charlotte raises the cup, Ling snatches it from her hand in a single, swift motion. Not a single drop of it falls. "Not like that. Gracefully, like this."

She raises the cup to her own lips, keeping the elbow bent low and moving it as little as possible. She sips, daintily, before placing it back down and nodding the princess to try again.

Feng wrote:The Chibi calls out to the girl.

"A real pity.... You fight well for a Tall One....!"

He follows her up the footsteps.

He paused, looking up at the smoke rising from Ling's updraft. "Uh oh. The Black Temple elder's using his trump card early..."

The ganguro pauses and turns to stare at the Chibi. She's still frowning, but there's a knowing glint in her eyes. "The 'Black Temple's' elder, you said. Which means you're not with him. So who are you with? Why are you spying on us?"

Out comes that box cutter again! And this time, several students that are jogging up and down the steps are around, several looking towards the two.

Feng wrote:Master Ling is wise to disperse the smoke quickly for it was created by burning Shimmer Weed. The plant has hallucinogenic properties that have been utilized in the religious ceremonies of the Chibi for centuries. Humans who have encounters with Shimmer Weed often report strange visions such as wandering through vast wastelands, encountering floating pyramids and flying metal objects. Recreational use was frowned upon; the Black Temple kept supply of the sacred plant under tight guard. As a result, the Master of the Rainbow Dojo would most likely not be taking any crap from talking toasters or flirtatious peppers.

However, the Chibiwanbanshu of the Black Temple had more than one use for 'smoke'.

"A good platitude" laughs the old Chibi, delighted at Ling's cleverness. It had been a while since he encountered an opponent who bypassed the smoke screen. Yet now it was time to demonstrate the Black Temple's signature technique.

Ling would see that Master Waffle was airborne, riding the updraft with his oversized shirt. She would notice the rising smoke gathering around him.

"Its all about substance! And now witness the secret technique of the Black Temple School , Master Ling!"

There was a colossal thud as the smoke coalesces into anthropomorphic form. The colossus roars at the instructor before attempting to squash Ling with its own foot.

Ling vanishes under the foot! Could it be that the Chibi has bested her?... wait. Why is the light down by the smoke colossus's foot so much more brightly lit than the rest of it?

Suddenly, a figure flies through the humanoid figure, puncturing through the thick smoke and erupting through the head! Ling, clad with angelic wings, ascends towards the floating Master Waffle.

"Shining Purity Style; Jacob's Ladder," she intones in a reverberating voice, as she turns her flying ascension into a mighty uppercut, aiming for the Chibi's gut!

AmbushCat wrote:*Joni carefully walks on over, careful not to mess anything up, and sits down on that side. If the lack of a cushion bothers her, she doesn't show it.*

Joni: Easy there. You were right, I should have considered that a bit more. How have you been feeling recently?

The elf huffs loudly, ears perking right up... but she can't keep up the silent treatment forever. "Not great. The mansion is nice and all, but... we elves are creatures of nature. Of the woods and the rains. We get stir crazy indoors and around urban environments..."

She turns and stares at Joni.

"You want my help? Go for a walk in the woods sometimes."
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:46 am

"Okay." Despite what Ling just said about the style taking advantage of apparent harmlessness, Jade hopes this is about being comfortable with hugging people and not about her being thrown over on her back as a demonstration of the style's capacity to deal pain, so she goes in for the hug. As far as hugs go, she's basically a natural at that.

--

"Well, in this aspect I have moderate strength but access to bursts of very high speed--a little like a cheetah. I can alternate between dual-wielding, single-wielding, moves beginning with the sword in its sheath or out. So, depending on the opponent, it may be best to rush in or to feint with one sword and go around to hit with the other--that kind of thing." Fox pauses. "I should mention what I mean by aspect. I can shift which expression of the color my body is, resulting in a few distinct forms with differing advantages to each. This is kind of my default form, and not all of the other forms are useful in a fight. But I do have a form that seems tuned for unarmed fighting like that, with high strength and durable claws and teeth."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:20 pm

The elf huffs loudly, ears perking right up... but she can't keep up the silent treatment forever. "Not great. The mansion is nice and all, but... we elves are creatures of nature. Of the woods and the rains. We get stir crazy indoors and around urban environments..."

She turns and stares at Joni.

"You want my help? Go for a walk in the woods sometimes."

Joni: I believe that can be arranged; I know of a nice place to go, and it's not like all of my off-hours are spent at Master Ling's school anyway. *smiles and offers her hand* I really appreciate this, Miss Jill. Thank you.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse