The Way of the Iridescent Fist

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Way of the Iridescent Fist

Postby AmbushCat » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Viridi: *sips her tea* Don't mistake my decision regarding Joni for love and tolerance. By and large, I despise humans and humanoids for the damage they've caused the planet over the centuries. Rampant abuse and creation of Color energies have permanently effected this part of the world in the past decade and a half. I have four of them keeping my original personality intact, for crying out loud!

*sighs deeply and rubs her forehead with her free hand* Sorry about that. What I'm trying to say is that I want to make sure that you and your students really are using your gifts wisely. If you've got everything under control, then that's fine; I can go home, sleep easy tonight, and not have to worry about waking up as the Avatar of
Scarlet or something like that.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:07 pm

A small piece of paper appears floating in midair near Viridi. It says:
"Hey, it does seems like the avatar positions are mostly vacant, and I've been looking for ways to fill them for a while.
-W"
As soon as she's had time to read it, it resumes obeying physics normally again.

((One-off of Whatevr annoying Viridi. Not intended to be followed up))

--

Jade nods, closing her eyes. She briefly isn't certain whether it should be images of 'smart' things, or thoughts which are themselves intelligent in nature, and just tries alternating briefly between the former and some bits of higher-level programming, philosophical or mathematical knowledge until one or the other produces a result, and then sticks with that one.

--

"Well, original-me is the other end of the spectrum: Speed and technique over power and endurance. Look..." Fox pauses briefly, glowing Crimson again to return to the shape he had walking in. He carefully sets down the two sheathed swords on the ground in front of him, and then moves rapidly enough to blur out of view. He appears very briefly standing on top of the courtyard wall, and then after another brief motion blur returns to where he was again. "So...yeah, this is better if you can't take a hit."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:07 pm

The ninja oomphs as Kazuko chest bumps her.

"H-hey! What gives?!?" says the elf bimbo, trying to break away. "What are we, Sumo Bunnies?" she added, referencing an obscure underground sport involving girls in bunny suits.... It was apparently really popular with the Chibi.

---

"I'm all for leaving my past behind me," said the former Chibi elder.... "That being said, what did you have in mind?"
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:59 am

Blaze wrote:Thankfully, she is not really struck with the combined strength of one thousand arms. But it still hurts a lot, and likely sends the princess flying back to lands on her butt.

Elizabeth is not one to show mercy to a downed opponent, it seems. Skipping up once more, she looms over Charlotte, still awash in Indigo. It's like a physical weight pushing her down, making her feel small and insignificant, like an ant. And then the woman raises her heels and skirts and begins to tread lightly on fast-forward, raining down stomps!

For a moment she wants to just shrink away... but... no... She clenches her teeth. That would teach her nothing. She moves to twirl away from the rapidfire stomps... skirts flaring as she tries to get to her feet. She has to focus. She isn't beneath Elizabeth... Elizabeth is beneath HER! And she needs to show it! Her red rage burning... mixed with royal indignation...
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:00 am

AmbushCat wrote:Viridi: *sips her tea* Don't mistake my decision regarding Joni for love and tolerance. By and large, I despise humans and humanoids for the damage they've caused the planet over the centuries. Rampant abuse and creation of Color energies have permanently effected this part of the world in the past decade and a half. I have four of them keeping my original personality intact, for crying out loud!

*sighs deeply and rubs her forehead with her free hand* Sorry about that. What I'm trying to say is that I want to make sure that you and your students really are using your gifts wisely. If you've got everything under control, then that's fine; I can go home, sleep easy tonight, and not have to worry about waking up as the Avatar of
Scarlet or something like that.

Ling sups at her tea as she stares at Viridi. "I can always appreciate one who is up-front about how they are a misanthrope. It tells me everything I need to know."

She drains her cup and considers the forest spirit. "Very well. You may look around with me and see the discipline I teach regarding the use of the Colors. But I warn you, I do not exactly discourage their use. They exist to work their power on people, to put them on a leash entirely is to go against the Way. But you will see that my students keep the relatively contained."

Whatevr89532 wrote:Jade nods, closing her eyes. She briefly isn't certain whether it should be images of 'smart' things, or thoughts which are themselves intelligent in nature, and just tries alternating briefly between the former and some bits of higher-level programming, philosophical or mathematical knowledge until one or the other produces a result, and then sticks with that one.[/color]

The programming and mathematical thoughts seem to produce more results. Thethoughts spread more easily now, condensing in the gut and bestowing upon Jade a healthy aura of Silver. Already it seems to be having passive effect, allowing her mind to race slightly faster.

"Excellent. Now, Silver doesn't do much if you channel it anywhere in your body-though I'm told by students it can make lab coats pristine again, if you want to skip laundry. But funneling it all back into your mind will produce explosive effects. I doubt I need to tell you, but do it carefully."

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Well, original-me is the other end of the spectrum: Speed and technique over power and endurance. Look..." Fox pauses briefly, glowing Crimson again to return to the shape he had walking in. He carefully sets down the two sheathed swords on the ground in front of him, and then moves rapidly enough to blur out of view. He appears very briefly standing on top of the courtyard wall, and then after another brief motion blur returns to where he was again. "So...yeah, this is better if you can't take a hit."

Ling's eyes follows Fox as he speeds across the courtyard. "Understood. Something like this then."

Her own aura burns as her dragonic features begins to shift. Her tail sheds scales to reveal a thin, fuzzy one, clad on orange and black stripes. Her antlers wither as her ears become pointed, matching the patterns on the tail with white tufts coming from within. Black stripes grow across her cheek, leaving her a part-tiger instead. She then promptly mimics Fox's display.

"Ah yes... I am starting to see it now."

Feng wrote:The ninja oomphs as Kazuko chest bumps her.

"H-hey! What gives?!?" says the elf bimbo, trying to break away. "What are we, Sumo Bunnies?" she added, referencing an obscure underground sport involving girls in bunny suits.... It was apparently really popular with the Chibi.

"Dunno what that is, but sure! Emerald Bounce Style is all about using the chest, hips, rear, and legs to fight! So come on, fight back!"

Kazuko immediately reapplies the pressure as the elf backs up, moving in fast in an attempt to overwhelm her!

Feng wrote:"I'm all for leaving my past behind me," said the former Chibi elder.... "That being said, what did you have in mind?"

"I was going to suggest something along the lines of 'Pamela Cake.' Pam for short," Ling mutters. She's right, she wasn't the best person to ask.

"But, something entirely new... Sunny? Heather? Bethany?" She's just throwing names out now.

Knight Errant wrote:For a moment she wants to just shrink away... but... no... She clenches her teeth. That would teach her nothing. She moves to twirl away from the rapidfire stomps... skirts flaring as she tries to get to her feet. She has to focus. She isn't beneath Elizabeth... Elizabeth is beneath HER! And she needs to show it! Her red rage burning... mixed with royal indignation...

Ling nods in approval as Charlotte also begins to burn with Indigo, which throws off that mental pressure. The gothic duchess tilts her head as the princess stands as an equal. "Oh... magnificent," she says.

Before rushing in again, reaching to take Charlotte's hand for a demure handshake. Again, with far more power than it should have. Enough to send her crashing to the floor if she doesn't do something!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:05 am

*Viridi glances at Whatevr's note and scowls, but refuses to pay it further mind and instead continues speaking with Ling.*

Viridi: *chewing on a biscuit* Yes, I saw some of it on my way in. Which leads me to wonder: what is with that yandere ganguro? Feels like I stepped into an in-production anime.

*Ambush can be heard cackling up on the roof as she says this, to which the goddess just rolls her eyes.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 pm

The ninja glares at Kazuko.... then flashes a dangerous (if bubbly smirk).

"Go go Chest Bump!" she coos, attempting to smack Kazuko in the chest with her boobs, imitating a move she recalls from the Bunny Fights.

---

Waffle smiles. "Pamela.... It has a nice ring to it. I like it."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:55 pm

The wolf-girl nods, re-opening her eyes. Some of the added processing power picks up on various other conversations throughout the dojo, audible thanks to her ears, but she doesn't give an indication of this. "Thoughts-into-color-into-thoughts. The potential for a feedback loop is glaring." She tries pulling just some of the thoughts back toward her mind, gauging the effect carefully and stopping well short of overwhelming herself.

--

"Right," he nods. "I've had a little bit of a chance to try fighting in this form, while getting my house back. I've noticed that if someone isn't able to match me speed-wise I can feint by just slowing down slightly in the middle of a fake attack to be visible to them, and then coming in from another direction. I haven't been up against someone of equal speed, but it's not hard to imagine what happens then. Lots of back-and-forth until one side makes a mistake or can't keep it up anymore."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:56 am

Blaze wrote:Ling nods in approval as Charlotte also begins to burn with Indigo, which throws off that mental pressure. The gothic duchess tilts her head as the princess stands as an equal. "Oh... magnificent," she says.

Before rushing in again, reaching to take Charlotte's hand for a demure handshake. Again, with far more power than it should have. Enough to send her crashing to the floor if she doesn't do something!

She does her best to maintain that state of mind... and moves to brush off her hand with a regal dismissive gesture. Both soft gestures crashing into each other with uncharacteristic intensity.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:04 am

AmbushCat wrote:*Viridi glances at Whatevr's note and scowls, but refuses to pay it further mind and instead continues speaking with Ling.*

Viridi: *chewing on a biscuit* Yes, I saw some of it on my way in. Which leads me to wonder: what is with that yandere ganguro? Feels like I stepped into an in-production anime.

*Ambush can be heard cackling up on the roof as she says this, to which the goddess just rolls her eyes.*

"Ah, Kazuko," Ling remarks, looking towards the Green training group. "She picked a fight with me soon after I founded this place. Her then-boyfriend was a student at a dojo I defeated, and she came after me to extract vengeance. I bested her and she insisted on becoming as strong as I. She may be... callous, but she has changed greatly from the murderous girl she was at the time of our first meeting."

Feng wrote:The ninja glares at Kazuko.... then flashes a dangerous (if bubbly smirk).

"Go go Chest Bump!" she coos, attempting to smack Kazuko in the chest with her boobs, imitating a move she recalls from the Bunny Fights.

Kazuko cackles as the elf gets into it. "That's the spirit! But sweet words won't work on me!"

She gets on her tippy-toes as she pushes back against the other bimbo, trying to push her down as well as back!

Feng wrote:Waffle smiles. "Pamela.... It has a nice ring to it. I like it."

Ling snorts. "Well, there's no accounting for taste, I suppose. Very well then Pamela. Care to begin training right away, or do you need some time?"

Whatevr89532 wrote:The wolf-girl nods, re-opening her eyes. Some of the added processing power picks up on various other conversations throughout the dojo, audible thanks to her ears, but she doesn't give an indication of this. "Thoughts-into-color-into-thoughts. The potential for a feedback loop is glaring." She tries pulling just some of the thoughts back toward her mind, gauging the effect carefully and stopping well short of overwhelming herself.

It really is a fine balancing act. Pulling too much away results in barely any effect, but the moment you feed it too much, it all comes rushing in, making neurons fire at an incredible rate. Jade may have had several new ideas for her power armor before she finds that balance.

"Very good. Silver is the color of intellect and the pursuit of knowledge. It is a hungry color, and you've no doubt seen how giving it an inch will cause it to take a mile. So too, can our thirst to know more consume us. Always remember that."

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Right," he nods. "I've had a little bit of a chance to try fighting in this form, while getting my house back. I've noticed that if someone isn't able to match me speed-wise I can feint by just slowing down slightly in the middle of a fake attack to be visible to them, and then coming in from another direction. I haven't been up against someone of equal speed, but it's not hard to imagine what happens then. Lots of back-and-forth until one side makes a mistake or can't keep it up anymore."

"A style reminiscent of fast pursuit hunting, utilizing strategic fluctuations in speed to create false openings..." Ling murmurs, lost in thought as she plans it all out.

"If that is the case, I think us testing it would prove little. It would be a mere game to see whom makes the first mistake before taking a blow. Instead, we need something else..."

Knight Errant wrote:She does her best to maintain that state of mind... and moves to brush off her hand with a regal dismissive gesture. Both soft gestures crashing into each other with uncharacteristic intensity.

The dismissive gesture catches Elizabeth by the wrist and shoves the grab attempt aside. The duchess immediately backs off, moving as if she were in a waltz. She regards Charlotte warily behind that mask, slowly circling here as she waits. Now that the princess has shown her mettle, she wants to see more before committing to another strike, it seems.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Blaze wrote:"Ah, Kazuko," Ling remarks, looking towards the Green training group. "She picked a fight with me soon after I founded this place. Her then-boyfriend was a student at a dojo I defeated, and she came after me to extract vengeance. I bested her and she insisted on becoming as strong as I. She may be... callous, but she has changed greatly from the murderous girl she was at the time of our first meeting."

*Viridi is silent for a few moments, sipping her tea.*

It would explain why she expressed jealousy of Ambush's husband like she did, I guess...

Alright, I wouldn't mind taking a look around. Give me a moment to finish up here... this is some good tea.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:21 am

Blaze wrote:The dismissive gesture catches Elizabeth by the wrist and shoves the grab attempt aside. The duchess immediately backs off, moving as if she were in a waltz. She regards Charlotte warily behind that mask, slowly circling here as she waits. Now that the princess has shown her mettle, she wants to see more before committing to another strike, it seems.

Charlotte gathers up her skirts... the elegant, sweeping motion of her movements sped up as she blurs closer. And then dips low in a curtsey... before rising back up in feigned surprise... as if recoiling from a snake in the grass. Except the trajectory of her gloved arm almost coincidentally brings her scepter on an intercept course with Elizabeth. The sped-up action causing the decorative ornament to whistle through the air.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:11 am

AmbushCat wrote:*Viridi is silent for a few moments, sipping her tea.*

It would explain why she expressed jealousy of Ambush's husband like she did, I guess...

Alright, I wouldn't mind taking a look around. Give me a moment to finish up here... this is some good tea.

"There is a reason she was on the roof," Ling continues. "She spends her free time looking for someone new, and it distracts from her training. She's been better about it since learning to channel Green so as to not suffer its usual mental effects as heavily, but every now and then she slips back into bad habits."

Ling nods, and permits the nature spirit to finish her tea. "Anything in specific you're concerned about? Any kinds of colors or somesuch?"

Knight Errant wrote:Charlotte gathers up her skirts... the elegant, sweeping motion of her movements sped up as she blurs closer. And then dips low in a curtsey... before rising back up in feigned surprise... as if recoiling from a snake in the grass. Except the trajectory of her gloved arm almost coincidentally brings her scepter on an intercept course with Elizabeth. The sped-up action causing the decorative ornament to whistle through the air.

WOOSH! The fast step-in followed by the curtsy has Elizabeth off-guard. As such, the sudden upward sweep of the scepter is only narrowly avoided by her leaping back. But the tip of it catches that mask, knocking it from her face.

She's lovely underneath it, save a small scar on her cheek. Immediately, her Indigo aura begins to dim as she scrabbles for it!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:48 am

Viridi: Granted I'm concerned about all of them to varying degrees. I have extensive protection against Colors in general for a good reason; if by some chance someone succeeded in transforming me, the Goddess of Nature, the entire Continent's environment would change as well. If I were to become Blue, for instance, almost all life would follow suit, be they animal, plant or otherwise. The end result would be that without any desire to procreate or have relations with males, most life would become endangered or extinct inside of several years.

*finishes her tea* If I had to pin down those Colors that I'm most concerned with... I'd say Yellow, Jale, and Black. I have a semi-regular association with the template for Scarlet energy, Callista Wilson-Metallium, so to a lesser extent I'm worried about that as well.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Jade nods, eventually finding a reasonably comfortable balance and practicing maintaining it. "I had to begin finding arguments against nihilism within a day or two of coming into existence. The danger of certain thoughts progressing too quickly to counteract seems to have always been with me."

--

"You have something in mind? A race, or some other sort of opponent?" Fox wonders aloud.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse