The Way of the Iridescent Fist

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: The Way of the Iridescent Fist

Postby Knight Errant » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:18 am

Blaze wrote:Ling smiles, and guides the princess over to more students. There's an eclectic mix here, consisting of other kinds of nobility, schoolgirls with thick glasses, mousy librarians, and bashful geeks.

"Other practitioners of Blooming Wallflower Style. Some may have forms slightly different from your own, but the core remains the same. Do you have any preference as to whom you might like to fight?"

She frowns. "Whichever has closest style to what me trying to do. If Charlotte can see them in action, can more see what she should be doing right. And is doing wrong." She tugs her dress. "Someone with big silly outfit like this."
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 am

AmbushCat wrote:Joni: *blinks, looking down at her hands in wonder* ...Wow. I... just wow. That... that felt good. Trippy, but good.

Ling looks pleased as Joni examines her hands. "Now you begin to understand. Seven minds, seven lives... you have seven times the potential of any single person. That marked improvement came about after a single conversation with one of your selves. Are you content with that, or would you care to delve deeper?"

Knight Errant wrote:She frowns. "Whichever has closest style to what me trying to do. If Charlotte can see them in action, can more see what she should be doing right. And is doing wrong." She tugs her dress. "Someone with big silly outfit like this."

"Another practicioner of the Damsel style then, very well. Elizabeth?"

A woman clad in a black ballgown and wearing half a tragedy mask steps up, her visible eye peering at Charlotte. "This is Charlotte, our newest practitioner of Blooming Wallflower - Damsel Style. I'd like her to spar with you, if that's okay."

The masked woman just shyly nods her head.
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 am

Joni: *looks at Ling apologetically* I think I'd still like to rest for a little while and continue this later, Master... I wasn't kidding when I said I was feeling tired. Also I'll need to make arrangements to start visiting this forest I know about... it's my understanding that the forest's guardian is rather temperamental when it comes to mortals, but---

*A greenish pillar of light strikes the ground in Joni and Ling's immediate vicinity, startling the former onto her backside. When it fades, a child dressed in what fairly screams "forest guardian" is standing before them.*

*Two things may be fairly evident to Ling. First, there are no less than four Colors gathered together in this child: Red, Orange, White, and Silver. The essences of all four are gathered together in the being's mind, leaving nothing to effect the physical body. Two: the being absolutely reeks of divine power.*

*smiling, amused* Flattery will get you nowhere with me, human.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:56 am

The elf girl grumbles and starts to run up the stairs.

'This is stupid....' she mutters under her breath, squirming at just how bouncy this new form was!

---

Waffle lets out an audible gasp as his chest grows heavier from the changes. He had forgotten that humans had the potential to be so... curvy
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Jade tries 'releasing' the red to return to her normal appearance, and considers the further question. "Well..about red at least, if I can control it the same way from an outside source. I admit my fear of mind-altering effects in general remains intact. It's a comparable thought to having my entire house organized the way I like it and worrying about a vandal coming in to rearrange and break things."

--

"Yeah.." Fox releases Ling right away, and waits for her neck to be freed as well. "That seemed like a position where both parties would've killed the other if they wanted to."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:52 am

Blaze wrote:"Another practicioner of the Damsel style then, very well. Elizabeth?"

A woman clad in a black ballgown and wearing half a tragedy mask steps up, her visible eye peering at Charlotte. "This is Charlotte, our newest practitioner of Blooming Wallflower - Damsel Style. I'd like her to spar with you, if that's okay."

The masked woman just shyly nods her head.

Charlotte looks the girl up and down. She seemed... so vulnerable. Open on so many sides. But even if she was, she could no longer attack like she used to. And even if she did... that was no guarantee it would be effective. These strange girls are full of surprises. She suddenly feels awkward... wondering what to say. If anything. Her rough language felt so inadequate. Just another way to show that she wasn't ready for whatever it was Ling was trying to teach her. She eventually settles on carefully bobbing a curtsey. That at least was something she could do.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:34 am

AmbushCat wrote:Joni: *looks at Ling apologetically* I think I'd still like to rest for a little while and continue this later, Master... I wasn't kidding when I said I was feeling tired. Also I'll need to make arrangements to start visiting this forest I know about... it's my understanding that the forest's guardian is rather temperamental when it comes to mortals, but---

*A greenish pillar of light strikes the ground in Joni and Ling's immediate vicinity, startling the former onto her backside. When it fades, a child dressed in what fairly screams "forest guardian" is standing before them.*

*Two things may be fairly evident to Ling. First, there are no less than four Colors gathered together in this child: Red, Orange, White, and Silver. The essences of all four are gathered together in the being's mind, leaving nothing to effect the physical body. Two: the being absolutely reeks of divine power.*

*smiling, amused* Flattery will get you nowhere with me, human.

"Understandable. I would like to see you come back sometime though. You've made remarkable progr-" She is cut off by the sudden arrival of the girl in a flash of green light.

Ling regards her for a long moment, before standing and bowing deep to the forest guardian. "Thank you for gracing my temple, you who stand with the strength of oaks. Might I offer you refreshments?" It sounds almost rehearsed, like she's had to deal with this kind of thing before.

Feng wrote:The elf girl grumbles and starts to run up the stairs.

'This is stupid....' she mutters under her breath, squirming at just how bouncy this new form was!

Not just bouncy! Swishy too~! Jogging up those stairs while crossing her legs over with each step should hard, even harder in this new, lankier form. So... why does this body do it so gracefully, making that rump sway alluringly even in the midst of strenuous exercise? It would be amazing if it weren't so embarrassing.

"Yeah, shake that money maker!" Kazuko cheers, jogging up from behind in the same fashion.

Feng wrote:Waffle lets out an audible gasp as his chest grows heavier from the changes. He had forgotten that humans had the potential to be so... curvy

"You did ask for a matronly form. This is to be expected," Ling reminds the former chibi as that new mound below becomes clad in some soft, better fitting underwear. Atop her sensible garb, a light pink full-body apron forms, tying around her back and looping over her shoulders. It still does little to hide those impressive mammeries though!

The changes finally seem to settle as the Chibi becomes a full-grown human woman!

"How are you feeling?" Ling asks.

Whatevr89532 wrote:Jade tries 'releasing' the red to return to her normal appearance, and considers the further question. "Well..about red at least, if I can control it the same way from an outside source. I admit my fear of mind-altering effects in general remains intact. It's a comparable thought to having my entire house organized the way I like it and worrying about a vandal coming in to rearrange and break things."

Ling nods. "I used to think like that. Thinking of my mind as the last bastion against the world. But in this place, that attitude will only hurt you down the line. Paranoia about change will only make it hurt more when change happens. It doesn't even have to be as a result of transformation. It is better to embrace the Way and see what happens when it comes."

The young master clears her throat and says. "Anyway, you probably didn't come to hear me preach~ Would you like to switch back to Silver for a bit, see what channeling that does for you?"

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Yeah.." Fox releases Ling right away, and waits for her neck to be freed as well. "That seemed like a position where both parties would've killed the other if they wanted to."

Ling removes her jaws from around Fox's neck and nods. "As creatures of the wild do. When they clash, it is a matter of life or death. Now, thoughts... I realize that your arms are the most powerful aspect of this form, but it mean anything you might do is obvious. I realize your instincts are warped like this, but you must remember to utilize your legs or teeth once someone is close to throw them off-guard and make them look away from your hands."

She pauses, and clears her throat. "Now... did you have any thoughts on how I was fighting?"

Knight Errant wrote:Charlotte looks the girl up and down. She seemed... so vulnerable. Open on so many sides. But even if she was, she could no longer attack like she used to. And even if she did... that was no guarantee it would be effective. These strange girls are full of surprises. She suddenly feels awkward... wondering what to say. If anything. Her rough language felt so inadequate. Just another way to show that she wasn't ready for whatever it was Ling was trying to teach her. She eventually settles on carefully bobbing a curtsey. That at least was something she could do.

The curtsy seems a good start! Ling nods in approval as Elizabeth returns the gesture. "Duchess Elizabeth... pleased to make your acquaintance, Lady Charlotte..." she murmurs. Ling raises her hand before dropping it, a gesture for the match to start!

And then Charlotte begins to burn Indigo

All of a sudden, the withdrawn girl seems different. Larger, more imposing. As she moves forward, gripping her skirts as she daintily skips, it is as if she ran with two thousand pair of legs. As she gets right in Charlotte's face in an instant, she raises a hand as if opening a parasol to ward off the sun. But the force of the motion feels like one thousand hands were behind it... and it's aimed right for the princess' chin!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:53 am

Blaze wrote:"Understandable. I would like to see you come back sometime though. You've made remarkable progr-" She is cut off by the sudden arrival of the girl in a flash of green light.

Ling regards her for a long moment, before standing and bowing deep to the forest guardian. "Thank you for gracing my temple, you who stand with the strength of oaks. Might I offer you refreshments?" It sounds almost rehearsed, like she's had to deal with this kind of thing before.

Forest guardian: That would be lovely, thank you. And please, call me Viridi.

Joni: *surprised* You're... you're Lady Viridi! Are you...?

Viridi: Relax, child. I heard everything. *waves her off* Go ahead home and rest. Your inner elf and I can hammer out specifics later.

*Joni stands up and bows deeply, first to Ling and then to Viridi, then turns and leaves.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 pm

The former Chibi ninja didn't even want to think about the mechanics of this busty form.... nor could she perhaps, thanks to the Green used in her rebirth. Instead she uses what braincells and focus she's got into getting up the stairs while keeping Kazuro McStabby happy. Smoking Toaster forbid she make the ganguro psycho change her even further!

In due course she should hopefully make it up the steps.

*Huff* *Puff* "So.... like! We're here and stuff. What do we learn first? How to stab? How to gut?"

So very dizzy @___@

---

The woman lets out an uncharacteristic belly laugh.

"I apologize Tall On-er... Master Ling! It's just that most Chibi woman lack the ample figure that humans possess! Given how most of them dress in the Chibi marketplace, you'd almost suspect that there are no Chibi women... That Chibi magically spring out of holes in the ground, just like in the old legends the Puffin tell."

She gives the form a small twirl.

"That being said, I think I can make this form work. Thank you for everything, Master Ling!
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:39 am

Blaze wrote:The curtsy seems a good start! Ling nods in approval as Elizabeth returns the gesture. "Duchess Elizabeth... pleased to make your acquaintance, Lady Charlotte..." she murmurs. Ling raises her hand before dropping it, a gesture for the match to start!

And then Charlotte begins to burn Indigo

All of a sudden, the withdrawn girl seems different. Larger, more imposing. As she moves forward, gripping her skirts as she daintily skips, it is as if she ran with two thousand pair of legs. As she gets right in Charlotte's face in an instant, she raises a hand as if opening a parasol to ward off the sun. But the force of the motion feels like one thousand hands were behind it... and it's aimed right for the princess' chin!

It wasn't until she began glowing that Charlotte realized her mistake. She should have been concentrating... trying to tap back into that mind state she had been in earlier... But she barely has time to gather her thoughts before the other girl blurs towards her in an elegant skip. She's used to acting on instinct... and two different sets of instincts were telling her to do two different things.

So in the end, she does neither. And raises her arms uncertainly before being clocked right in the chin!
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Blaze » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:53 am

AmbushCat wrote:Forest guardian: That would be lovely, thank you. And please, call me Viridi.

Joni: *surprised* You're... you're Lady Viridi! Are you...?

Viridi: Relax, child. I heard everything. *waves her off* Go ahead home and rest. Your inner elf and I can hammer out specifics later.

*Joni stands up and bows deeply, first to Ling and then to Viridi, then turns and leaves.*

Ling returns the bow to the maid, though her eyebrows furrow slightly. She doesn't seem pleased about the visiting spirit dismissing her student before she could. But hospitality demands that she let it slide. Refreshments in the form of a teapot with two cups and some oat honey biscuits by the waitress, who also removes the incense from the table. Ling gestures for Viridi to sit before speaking.

"If you had not come for Joni, then why are you here?"

Feng wrote:The former Chibi ninja didn't even want to think about the mechanics of this busty form.... nor could she perhaps, thanks to the Green used in her rebirth. Instead she uses what braincells and focus she's got into getting up the stairs while keeping Kazuro McStabby happy. Smoking Toaster forbid she make the ganguro psycho change her even further!

In due course she should hopefully make it up the steps.

*Huff* *Puff* "So.... like! We're here and stuff. What do we learn first? How to stab? How to gut?"

So very dizzy @___@

"Nah, nothing like that. Today I think we're working on our chest presses~" Kazuko says, letting those words sink in before grabbing the elf's wrist and dragging her into the courtyard.

The two arrive at a small gaggle of beautiful airheads, ranging from beach bunnies to bunny girls and even the rare cow girl! A teacher with a very generous open cleavage (must have tenor) leads the group.

"Like, okaaay~! Pair up girls!"

Feng wrote:The woman lets out an uncharacteristic belly laugh.

"I apologize Tall On-er... Master Ling! It's just that most Chibi woman lack the ample figure that humans possess! Given how most of them dress in the Chibi marketplace, you'd almost suspect that there are no Chibi women... That Chibi magically spring out of holes in the ground, just like in the old legends the Puffin tell."

She gives the form a small twirl.

"That being said, I think I can make this form work. Thank you for everything, Master Ling!

Ling smiles faintly and nods her head. "You are welcome... do you wish to still be called Waffle Iron? Or will you take a new name?"

Knight Errant wrote:It wasn't until she began glowing that Charlotte realized her mistake. She should have been concentrating... trying to tap back into that mind state she had been in earlier... But she barely has time to gather her thoughts before the other girl blurs towards her in an elegant skip. She's used to acting on instinct... and two different sets of instincts were telling her to do two different things.

So in the end, she does neither. And raises her arms uncertainly before being clocked right in the chin!

Thankfully, she is not really struck with the combined strength of one thousand arms. But it still hurts a lot, and likely sends the princess flying back to lands on her butt.

Elizabeth is not one to show mercy to a downed opponent, it seems. Skipping up once more, she looms over Charlotte, still awash in Indigo. It's like a physical weight pushing her down, making her feel small and insignificant, like an ant. And then the woman raises her heels and skirts and begins to tread lightly on fast-forward, raining down stomps!
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:22 pm

Blaze wrote:Ling returns the bow to the maid, though her eyebrows furrow slightly. She doesn't seem pleased about the visiting spirit dismissing her student before she could. But hospitality demands that she let it slide. Refreshments in the form of a teapot with two cups and some oat honey biscuits by the waitress, who also removes the incense from the table. Ling gestures for Viridi to sit before speaking.

"If you had not come for Joni, then why are you here?"

Viridi: Admittedly I was, at least at first. As the goddess of nature itself, I watch everything and everyone that walks its paths. Whether they're intent on its destruction or express a desire to simply enjoy it for what it is, I keep my eyes open. If it's the former, I make every effort to destroy them in return. If it's the latter, I do whatever I can to make the environment more welcoming.

*claims some tea and a biscuit for herself* As Joni likely knows already, I tend a forest surrounding the Muffinville Continent's resident "safe zone", the Mungojerrie complex. Since I didn't come here throwing a tantrum, you can probably guess that she has my permission to visit it and wander around as she pleases; my claim of speaking with her elf self later is just a formality. *raises an eyebrow* Just in case you were concerned about the well-being of your student.

((OOC: I have information on this version of Viridi posted in my character thread in case you needed some background.))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Jade nods. "That should be interesting.
"...I am not bothered by the 'preaching'; your insight is invaluable. I'm not actually young, but I am still new to this world. It seems as if despite taking on different appearances and behaviors, you still maintain a consistent sense of self, which if I were unavoidably changed would be highly desirable."

--

"Hmm...you began with an ambush, rather than observing the start of the fight in any sort of formal way. Not surprising in the characterization of this style as 'animal-like', of course. The next few strikes seemed to be mostly probing for weaknesses--and yeah, you found one in my thinking; this form's legs aren't really any weaker than the arms, they just don't end in claws. Not much fear of taking damage, no more than I felt myself. Actually..." Fox pauses to examine herself for injuries, mostly just finds some light bruising and a few scratches, and then looks at Ling to check for the same. "..Do you need any healing? I keep some potions in the 'domestic' form's handbag..."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 pm

The ninja observes the ensemble of brainless beauties and their massive chests. Not so much out of lust but, to her dawning horror, comparing them to her own. Was.... Was she feeling jealous? No! Impossible!

---

Waffle Iron smiles and shakes her head.

"Waffle Iron was my old life. Since I am taking up a new role, I should take up a new name. Besides.... From my understanding, Waffle Iron is a bit of an eccentric name for a human, yes?"

She giggles.

"That being said.... I could your assistance I think. I wouldn't know what settles for a girl's name...."
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Blaze » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:00 am

AmbushCat wrote:Viridi: Admittedly I was, at least at first. As the goddess of nature itself, I watch everything and everyone that walks its paths. Whether they're intent on its destruction or express a desire to simply enjoy it for what it is, I keep my eyes open. If it's the former, I make every effort to destroy them in return. If it's the latter, I do whatever I can to make the environment more welcoming.

*claims some tea and a biscuit for herself* As Joni likely knows already, I tend a forest surrounding the Muffinville Continent's resident "safe zone", the Mungojerrie complex. Since I didn't come here throwing a tantrum, you can probably guess that she has my permission to visit it and wander around as she pleases; my claim of speaking with her elf self later is just a formality. *raises an eyebrow* Just in case you were concerned about the well-being of your student.

((OOC: I have information on this version of Viridi posted in my character thread in case you needed some background.))

Ling exhales a soft sigh of relief through her nose. "I was. Thank you." She too, takes some tea, but forgoes the biscuits.

"But it is clear that this is not the end of your business here, else you would have left with Joni. So why else have you come?"

Whatevr89532 wrote:Jade nods. "That should be interesting.
"...I am not bothered by the 'preaching'; your insight is invaluable. I'm not actually young, but I am still new to this world. It seems as if despite taking on different appearances and behaviors, you still maintain a consistent sense of self, which if I were unavoidably changed would be highly desirable."

"It becomes... easier, after a time. In order to create all these styles, I have exposed myself to all the Colors I could. Having a firm grasp on the self is the first step. But, anyway, carrying on!"

She shimmers in Silver once more, rapidly growing and re manifesting those glasses.

"As you have no-doubt already figured out, to begin channeling Silver, you must think 'smart' thoughts, and let them wash through you and gather in your core, same as before."

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Hmm...you began with an ambush, rather than observing the start of the fight in any sort of formal way. Not surprising in the characterization of this style as 'animal-like', of course. The next few strikes seemed to be mostly probing for weaknesses--and yeah, you found one in my thinking; this form's legs aren't really any weaker than the arms, they just don't end in claws. Not much fear of taking damage, no more than I felt myself. Actually..." Fox pauses to examine herself for injuries, mostly just finds some light bruising and a few scratches, and then looks at Ling to check for the same. "..Do you need any healing? I keep some potions in the 'domestic' form's handbag..."

Ling pats herself down before shaking her head. "Not at all. Heightened physical durability makes this form well-suited for such a hard style. Your point on ambush tactics is a good one, and I shall keep it in mind. A style with ferocity like an hourglass-great at first, when you have the element of surprise, cautious if that fails, and then fierce once you find a weakness. Thank you for your input. Now... you mentioned other forms. Do you think any may be conductive to further understanding?"

Feng wrote:The ninja observes the ensemble of brainless beauties and their massive chests. Not so much out of lust but, to her dawning horror, comparing them to her own. Was.... Was she feeling jealous? No! Impossible!

Kazuko puuulls on the former ninja's wrist, pairing up with her as the others face off against their own... before they both rush in, pressing their chests against each other! It becomes sumo, of a sort, each trying to shove the other back!

"Like, here I come!" the ganguro declares, before rushing in! If the former Chibi was comparing herself, she's about to get a very up-front comparison with her 'bestie!'

Feng wrote:Waffle Iron smiles and shakes her head.

"Waffle Iron was my old life. Since I am taking up a new role, I should take up a new name. Besides.... From my understanding, Waffle Iron is a bit of an eccentric name for a human, yes?"

She giggles.

"That being said.... I could your assistance I think. I wouldn't know what settles for a girl's name...."

Ling crosses her arms and tilts her head. "I am not the best person to ask. For the longest time, I chose names without placing much importance on them."

An idea seems to strike her though, but she asks first; "How would you feel with a name based on your old one? Would you appreciate the... continuity? Or would you rather break away entirely for something new?"
Blaze
Dux Muffinium
Dux Muffinium

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse