Laugh-A-Minute Dungeon: The Laughening

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Laugh-A-Minute Dungeon: The Laughening

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:24 pm

The Korok raises its characteristic Deku leaf and it spins like a helicopter, floating him slightly off the ground and then freely propelling him on through the door into the darkness.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:58 pm

They all find a small room just ahead. One with two doors... bathroom doors, with signs for male and female.

"Choose your gender!" Demands the voice.

Meanwhile... Dan heads up the staircase. Finding a booth above with a row of seats!
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...

Image Image

Click the eggs... feed the dragons.
Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:02 pm

"Mmmmmmh..." The Korok sort of, face-tilts. It doesn't have a head to headtilt with exactly, but the expression is similar. Being a plant-person, binary gender is kind of a foreign thing to it. So after a moment it just picks a door at random...which turns out to be the female one.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Feng » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Xavier adjusts his glasses.

"As IF this was a challenge" he scoffed, a tone of arrogant pedantry in his voice as he eyed the male door up and down. "Even a complete NOOB would know the answer to THIS puzzle."

Without missing a beat, he entered the female door.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Knight Errant wrote:They all find a small room just ahead. One with two doors... bathroom doors, with signs for male and female.

"Choose your gender!" Demands the voice.

Right, right... *Perhaps surprisingly to some, considering where this is, Ookalf actually goes into the male door!*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Knight Errant wrote:Meanwhile... Dan heads up the staircase. Finding a booth above with a row of seats!

He scratches his head, "Huh, weird... I thought the show already started, yet nobody else is here? Am I too early?", giving a quick look around, if really no one was there, he'll just take a middle row seat and set himself comfortable.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:"Mmmmmmh..." The Korok sort of, face-tilts. It doesn't have a head to headtilt with exactly, but the expression is similar. Being a plant-person, binary gender is kind of a foreign thing to it. So after a moment it just picks a door at random...which turns out to be the female one.

It bounces through it. The voice ringing out. "Choosing one or the other? They grow up so fast... Speaking of which, time to put on some miracle-gro!" There is a bright sunlit light surrounding it... as the Korok feels tingly... nicely tingly, though. It grows taller... limbs growing more defined... features softening. Grasslike hair flowing down to its shoulders. Skin softening to humanlike flesh. A FWOMPH! As flower petals and a skirt erupt from its waist... as finally its mask cracks and falls aside... revealing a soft face.

Its still unsure if she is a she or a he. The features certainly lean towards feminine, however, its still firmly in the plant realm. She can tell because of the yummy sun. Thankfully she does still have her trusty deku leaf.

Feng wrote:Xavier adjusts his glasses.

"As IF this was a challenge" he scoffed, a tone of arrogant pedantry in his voice as he eyed the male door up and down. "Even a complete NOOB would know the answer to THIS puzzle."

Without missing a beat, he entered the female door.

He heads into the door. The voice chuckles. "Ten out of ten! Would door again! And here's your prize!" He feels a tingle run through him... his chest in particular... as it pushes out and rounds. His hips and rear following suit. His manhood does the opposite... inverting inwards as his hair grows... and with a couple of pinpricks, his ears are pierced. Leaving her... fairly unchanged, all things considered.

Ookalf wrote:Right, right... *Perhaps surprisingly to some, considering where this is, Ookalf actually goes into the male door!*

And so... he comes through unscathed! The voice chuckles. "Surprising how often people get that one different. Did you think I was going to say wrong? Nay! Nothing is right or wrong here! Only humorous and unhumorous! And you playing it straight was funny! Gold star!" With a POP! A plastic sherrif's badge appears stuck to his chest.

Regardless, he finds himself in front of three doors! Two on either side wearing the comedy and tragedy masks, respectively. The one in the middle having a mask with a neutral expression. "Choose your difficulty."

xGoggles wrote:He scratches his head, "Huh, weird... I thought the show already started, yet nobody else is here? Am I too early?", giving a quick look around, if really no one was there, he'll just take a middle row seat and set himself comfortable.

He sits down in the seats... as a restraint bar descends. "Oh no, your just in time! Just in time for audience participation!" He hears a click-clack-click... as the row of seats he is on start heading forwards towards the edge... sliding right through it and out into a twisting turning ride in what looks like a fancy opera house.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Knight Errant wrote:
He heads into the door. The voice chuckles. "Ten out of ten! Would door again! And here's your prize!" He feels a tingle run through him... his chest in particular... as it pushes out and rounds. His hips and rear following suit. His manhood does the opposite... inverting inwards as his hair grows... and with a couple of pinpricks, his ears are pierced. Leaving her... fairly unchanged, all things considered.

Xavier pauses sensing the changes to hir body. She blinks, gazing down at his transformed form, gently grasping her chest. "Whoa.... I have boobs!"

"AWESOME~!" she said with gigglish glee.
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:42 pm

The Korok watches the changes to itself, and then she continues staring briefly, before shrugging. "Yahaha? It's like I'm hiding my own self!" She doesn't seem too upset by the change, instead looking around..to see what all that sunlight might reveal.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Knight Errant wrote:He sits down in the seats... as a restraint bar descends. "Oh no, your just in time! Just in time for audience participation!" He hears a click-clack-click... as the row of seats he is on start heading forwards towards the edge... sliding right through it and out into a twisting turning ride in what looks like a fancy opera house.

As Dan sits down, watching in front of him, "Hey.. where did the screen go? What th--", as suddenly the restraint bars lower and lock in place, this was more than enough reason to cause for panic. "W-What audience participation? I didn't sign-up for this!", not liking the sound and the movement forward, roller-coasters could be fun, sometimes, if one was mentally prepared for it, and in this case, he surely wasn't... Getting closer to the edge, "N-No! Stop, please! AHhh~!"
Good thing he didn't eat recently or he might throw up from the ride.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Knight Errant wrote:And so... he comes through unscathed! The voice chuckles. "Surprising how often people get that one different. Did you think I was going to say wrong? Nay! Nothing is right or wrong here! Only humorous and unhumorous! And you playing it straight was funny! Gold star!" With a POP! A plastic sherrif's badge appears stuck to his chest.

Regardless, he finds himself in front of three doors! Two on either side wearing the comedy and tragedy masks, respectively. The one in the middle having a mask with a neutral expression. "Choose your difficulty."

Hah, nice. *Ookalf takes a second to look at his new badge, then turns his attention to the doors.* Ah, these doors, huh? *After a considering all three for a moment, Ookalf heads into the neutral door.*
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Knight Errant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Feng wrote:Xavier pauses sensing the changes to hir body. She blinks, gazing down at his transformed form, gently grasping her chest. "Whoa.... I have boobs!"

"AWESOME~!" she said with gigglish glee.

"Satisfaction not guaranteed! Though its an amusing side-benefit!" As the girl... if she can look up from her chest... would see the same trio of doors as before. :) :| :(

Whatevr89532 wrote:The Korok watches the changes to itself, and then she continues staring briefly, before shrugging. "Yahaha? It's like I'm hiding my own self!" She doesn't seem too upset by the change, instead looking around..to see what all that sunlight might reveal.

The Light would reveal... Xavier the millennial girl! A trio of strange doors... one of which Ookalf is heading into! "Choose your disposition, if you would."

xGoggles]As Dan sits down, watching in front of him, "[size=95]Hey.. where did the screen go? What th--[/size]", as suddenly the restraint bars lower and lock in place, this was more than enough reason to cause for panic. "[size=95]W-What audience participation? I didn't sign-up for this![/size]", not liking the sound and the movement forward, roller-coasters could be fun, sometimes, if one was mentally prepared for it, and in this case, he surely wasn't... Getting closer to the edge, "[size=110]N-No! Stop, please! AHhh~![/size]"
Good thing he didn't eat recently or he might throw up from the ride.[/quote]

The coaster rolls and twists and turns... descending through the air as if on an invisible track... to come in next to the stage like a station. The restraint bar lifts. The voice chuckles. "Its time you put on a show!" A spotlight shines on a microphone...

[quote="Ookalf wrote:
Hah, nice. *Ookalf takes a second to look at his new badge, then turns his attention to the doors.* Ah, these doors, huh? *After a considering all three for a moment, Ookalf heads into the neutral door.*

"What makes a man turn Neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart of Neutrality! Very well! Of the ten challenges, five will be adventurous, five will be more... lenient. On average! Lets see what you get!"

A coin appears in the air... flipping up as it shines... landing on its edge... rolling for a moment, before coming down... tragedy side up.

"Your first challenge is decided! Get to the evacuation Zone!"

Police sirens wail... a city burns... while up ahead far in the distance there is a lit skyscraper with a large "EVACUATION" Sign hanging from it. Nearer at hand are a pair of tables. One holding four medkits. The other holding a shotgun, sniper rifle, cricket bat, and a crossbow. Besides the burning, screaming, and sirens... he can hear the faint sound of mindless moaning on the breeze.
O Muse!

Image Image

Knight Errant
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Feng » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:59 pm

The young woman does eventually pause from exploring.... to remember that, oh yeah, adventure awaits!

She scrutinizes the doors carefully.... then does a quick Google search on the funny faces. After a while she shrugs and goes with the comedy door, crying "YOLO"!
Feng
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Knight Errant wrote:
The coaster rolls and twists and turns... descending through the air as if on an invisible track... to come in next to the stage like a station. The restraint bar lifts. The voice chuckles. "Its time you put on a show!" A spotlight shines on a microphone...

Dan quickly gets out of the row of seats as soon as the bars lift, not eager to go on another ride on the magical coaster. Panting a bit on the side, recovering from the shock.
"Huh, a show?.. H-hey, announcer person, I.. didn't agree to be on the show, I was going to just be part of the audience! Just to watch...", he looks at the microphone very reluctantly. Yes, this looked like a huge mistake, hopefully, a misunderstanding, but he dreaded that it likely was all part of the show... A show he rather not be part of.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:44 pm

Given the Korok's behavior up until now, it shouldn't be a surprise that her immediate reaction is to choose comedy as her disposition as well, slightly behind being right on the heels of Xavier.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse