A Fond Farewell

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: ~Estate Sale~ |All invited. Rewards Await.|

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:59 pm

The being follows, explaining the deal with the name: "We...came to be called that after achiev-ing total monopoly on our own world, before disco-vering that others existed. There was too much inve-sted in branding after a few cen-turies to change it." It pauses a moment to consider the further inquiries. "We have con-fidence that some among the dragon hun-ters of the world we are providing for can wield large wea-pons, and are capable of help-ing them with that if not. The sword would be on loan to them while they need it, af-ter which we would like-ly store it securely in case we en-counter a world with a similar im-pediment."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Looking around the jewel section, unfortunately, many didn't seem to be named or labelled. A few pieces did catch his eye, but without a store clerk or some kind of catalogue to tell more about them, he had no idea if they were even magical or worse... cursed. The large crystal looked rather dreadful, and likely better not to mess with. Maybe he should pick up the bracelet, could be a gift for the nice girl that helped him out earlier that day at the water park, Ellen was it? But then again, who knows if anything in this section was cursed or maybe all jewellery here was purely cosmetic. He might not know much about magic but sure does know how to be careful around unknown objects. And in all honesty, he was more looking for something to wear to grant him some special powers.
Considering going back and ask the ditzy shopkeeper, but yet again.. not much of what she says makes much sense...
He continues to look through the jewellery sectioning, maybe some amulets or rings might have a name on them. Still on the look out, maybe a clerk was somewhere nearby that could offer him some assistance.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Caprice wrote:"Of course, hun~"

She grins again.

"And I'm not saying power can't be arranged. Just that it can'r be boring. If you want to tell me what you're thinking, we can work something out..."

Callista: Alright. To give you a laconic summary, I want to be better able to suppress my shopping urges.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Just some lady » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The being follows, explaining the deal with the name: "We...came to be called that after achiev-ing total monopoly on our own world, before disco-vering that others existed. There was too much inve-sted in branding after a few cen-turies to change it." It pauses a moment to consider the further inquiries. "We have con-fidence that some among the dragon hun-ters of the world we are providing for can wield large wea-pons, and are capable of help-ing them with that if not. The sword would be on loan to them while they need it, af-ter which we would like-ly store it securely in case we en-counter a world with a similar im-pediment."

"Oh...Okay. Yeah, I see how it is."

Calamity nods slowly.

"Okay, last question--is this a hive mind, thing, then? Or are you the whole...Business right here? What happens if someone were to...pop that pretty eye of yours?"
xGoggles wrote:Looking around the jewel section, unfortunately, many didn't seem to be named or labelled. A few pieces did catch his eye, but without a store clerk or some kind of catalogue to tell more about them, he had no idea if they were even magical or worse... cursed. The large crystal looked rather dreadful, and likely better not to mess with. Maybe he should pick up the bracelet, could be a gift for the nice girl that helped him out earlier that day at the water park, Ellen was it? But then again, who knows if anything in this section was cursed or maybe all jewellery here was purely cosmetic. He might not know much about magic but sure does know how to be careful around unknown objects. And in all honesty, he was more looking for something to wear to grant him some special powers.
Considering going back and ask the ditzy shopkeeper, but yet again.. not much of what she says makes much sense...
He continues to look through the jewellery sectioning, maybe some amulets or rings might have a name on them. Still on the look out, maybe a clerk was somewhere nearby that could offer him some assistance.

"Looking for something?"

Something about the woman's voice makes it feel like it's Caprice again for a moment, but when the boy looks, thankfully(?), she seems to have let him alone, at least for the moment. The woman at the counter is medium height with black hair and a slightly lazy undercut, a dull grean dress shirt and black pants. She's leaning on a staff and smiling.

"I'll help, if I can. Sorry about Caprice, she can be..."

She waggles a hand.

"Well, you know. Anyways, scoping out the jewelry? Is there anyone you want to buy?"
AmbushCat wrote:Callista: Alright. To give you a laconic summary, I want to be better able to suppress my shopping urges.

The woman tuts lightly, not to Calli so much as herself.

"Ah, no, you're right, that's a little but on the minor side. Unless...you wanted me to replace it with something else?"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 pm

"I am a hybrid im-plementation of sorts. The Busi-ness is an artificial in-telligence hosted on numerous ser-vers in undisclosed locations." The cloaked being waves to itself. "I am one of many "bodies" The Busi-ness uses to more directly interact with peo-ple and ob-jects, but am e-quipped with some processing power of my own in case the link is in-terrupted. Some units are not equipped with such indi-vidual processing and will always use the pro-noun 'we'." Something about the way it explains all this suggests it gets questions like this a fair amount and tries to pre-empt some further questions by volunteering more information than was strictly asked for. "Damaging my eye would not physi-cally hurt in the way or-ganic beings experience pain, but this unit did cost mo-ney to produce and The Business always wishes to ma-ximize profits."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:03 pm

"Ah, umm hi, and no she is fine just.. umm raising more questions than answering any.... but she is very nice though!", suddenly he thinks how strange it is she knew he was thinking about Caprice earlier? Or maybe she just saw them enter the store together.. that is likely it...
Not sure he misheard her saying 'anyone' instead of 'anything'.. shrugging it off, "Umm yeah, do you maybe have any jewellery that could give me special powers, like invisibility, flying, healing; that kinda stuff? Or are all these here just for show and glamour?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:18 pm

business bot wrote:"I am a hybrid im-plementation of sorts. The Busi-ness is an artificial in-telligence hosted on numerous ser-vers in undisclosed locations." The cloaked being waves to itself. "I am one of many "bodies" The Busi-ness uses to more directly interact with peo-ple and ob-jects, but am e-quipped with some processing power of my own in case the link is in-terrupted. Some units are not equipped with such indi-vidual processing and will always use the pro-noun 'we'." Something about the way it explains all this suggests it gets questions like this a fair amount and tries to pre-empt some further questions by volunteering more information than was strictly asked for. "Damaging my eye would not physi-cally hurt in the way or-ganic beings experience pain, but this unit did cost mo-ney to produce and The Business always wishes to ma-ximize profits."

"Alright then, we'll make a deal, but step one..."

There is another harsh crackle as that electricity flares up around Calamity again, sparks of green jumping between her hair as she clenches a fist, and then sends a bolt arcing through the air aimed at the robot, or near it, at least. The aim isn't to hurt it, but to cut off its outside connection to its umbrella corperation, to use business terms. her power--the warp--is built on disruption discord in general so this is the kind of thing it should be able to do in theory...but it's also not something that the woman has ever tried before.

goggle kid wrote:"Ah, umm hi, and no she is fine just.. umm raising more questions than answering any.... but she is very nice though!", suddenly he thinks how strange it is she knew he was thinking about Caprice earlier? Or maybe she just saw them enter the store together.. that is likely it...
Not sure he misheard her saying 'anyone' instead of 'anything'.. shrugging it off, "Umm yeah, do you maybe have any jewellery that could give me special powers, like invisibility, flying, healing; that kinda stuff? Or are all these here just for show and glamour?"

"You don't have to sugar-coat it kid, she can be a bit of a handful."

She puts out a hand.

"I'm Entropy, by the way. Magical Girl, sorta, Caprice's sister, kinda. You know how it is. Or if you don't, you will."

Motioning to the three displays from earlier, she nods.

"Yeah, sure, there's plenty of powers to be had, if you think you can handle it. The orange one's Sanguna. being her will make you good at art, but also pretty good at killing people. The bracelet...I think that's Monoko, but she's hard to spot. That'll give you all kinds of powers, but none that you'd ever notice. The big one's a Death Crystal. Say the magic word and it'll offer all kinds of things, but it's one use only...and it's not all good, either."

She taps her fingers along the edge of the staff lightly.

"This'll give you negation--stops energy blasts, makes people lose their energy faster. It's not a flashy magical girl power, but it does okay. If you want healing though, that's something you'd need Caprice's gem for, and there's a lot of powers there, but they're also a lot to handle...don't let her force anything on you if you don't think you're ready for it."

She pauses, and then adds.

"I'm sorry though, should have asked. What do they call you?"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:22 pm

The woman tuts lightly, not to Calli so much as herself.

"Ah, no, you're right, that's a little but on the minor side. Unless...you wanted me to replace it with something else?"

Callista: Something... like what? I don't care, as long as it's not M-rated. Pretty much everyone at St. Dogbert's Hospital will tell you that never turns out well.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:34 pm

The robot, not being designed for combat of any sort itself, doesn't do much to avoid the bolt, and it has its intended effect, although there is no obvious visible indication of such. Its reaction, on the other hand, may be enough to confirm it worked: "Er..I am personally some-what disposable, but..is there a rea-son for this?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:54 pm

AmbushCat wrote:Callista: Something... like what? I don't care, as long as it's not M-rated. Pretty much everyone at St. Dogbert's Hospital will tell you that never turns out well.

She shrugs, as if it could matter less to her, even though her eyes show otherwise.

"Sure, sure. I mean, you could be a reporter, you could be looking for fights. I could turn you to stone so you wouldn't be able o shop anymore. Or I could just erase capitalism, I suppose, but I expect you'd still find a away to shop..."

She yawns.

"You don't have to take the wish if you don't have any ideas, darl...hun. There's other stuff you could be buying. But I think I give the best bang for your buck."

Whatevr89532 wrote:The robot, not being designed for combat of any sort itself, doesn't do much to avoid the bolt, and it has its intended effect, although there is no obvious visible indication of such. Its reaction, on the other hand, may be enough to confirm it worked: "Er..I am personally some-what disposable, but..is there a rea-son for this?"

She claps her hands, sending sparks flying again before the green arcs subside. She looks winded--maybe she's not the sorceress that she once was--but she always seems quite pleased with herself.

"If I'm gonna make a sword as good as you want it, It's going to take...well, everything I've got. And I want it to be something personal. You can still go kill the dragon if you want, but it's gonna be you doing it, got it? That's my price. But I'll help you get there."

Breathing deep, she grabs the hilt of the DarkRune, causing another shower of sparks as it reacts violently, thrashing amidst the other blades like a wild animal. The stress on her hand is apparent, too, cracks of green showing from under her skin now.

"So either self-destruct or hold still, it's your call."
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby xGoggles » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:19 am

Oh, she was a magical girl; guess this town really has everything, he thought.
It was pretty hard for him to imagine having Caprice as a sister, growing up with a sibling like that..yes, a handful indeed.
He continues to carefully listen to the explanation of the jewels, finding it strange that some of those 'made' you another person apparently; the large crystal suddenly became more appealing at this point, well only a bit. "Hmm, so the user would only get one power from what is contained in that crystal and keep it, or all the powers but only once and temporarily?"
The staff was interesting enough, a way to protect himself, "Well I don't intend to be a magical girl or anything, so I don't mind if it isn't flashy, heheh~", he laughs a bit awkwardly. Sure some of these items were a bit girly, but it was about how useful they were, right? Nothing that can't be covered or hidden or restyled maybe.
"Well, I'm pretty new at magic in general, well of this level at least. So can't really say I'm ready for much magical handling yet... Umm. Most I can do now, is kinda duplicate things, small things at that; so that is pretty much it for now." Though having healing powers would be nice, and there were also a bunch of other powers with it, maybe he could buy it from her and then use it later on when he is finally ready? He nods his head at the though.
Snapping out of his thoughts, "Oh, my bad, umm, I'm Dan, nice to meet you Entropy" he steps forward to give her a handshake.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:42 am

*Callista stands back a moment, thinking hard about what to choose, but finally sighs and shakes her head.*

I guess in the end, I'm not as eager to have those urges removed as I thought I was. Sorry for wasting your time.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Just some lady » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:51 am

xGoggles wrote:Oh, she was a magical girl; guess this town really has everything, he thought.
It was pretty hard for him to imagine having Caprice as a sister, growing up with a sibling like that..yes, a handful indeed.
He continues to carefully listen to the explanation of the jewels, finding it strange that some of those 'made' you another person apparently; the large crystal suddenly became more appealing at this point, well only a bit. "Hmm, so the user would only get one power from what is contained in that crystal and keep it, or all the powers but only once and temporarily?"
The staff was interesting enough, a way to protect himself, "Well I don't intend to be a magical girl or anything, so I don't mind if it isn't flashy, heheh~", he laughs a bit awkwardly. Sure some of these items were a bit girly, but it was about how useful they were, right? Nothing that can't be covered or hidden or restyled maybe.
"Well, I'm pretty new at magic in general, well of this level at least. So can't really say I'm ready for much magical handling yet... Umm. Most I can do now, is kinda duplicate things, small things at that; so that is pretty much it for now." Though having healing powers would be nice, and there were also a bunch of other powers with it, maybe he could buy it from her and then use it later on when he is finally ready? He nods his head at the though.
Snapping out of his thoughts, "Oh, my bad, umm, I'm Dan, nice to meet you Entropy" he steps forward to give her a handshake.

She gives a him a firm handshake.

"It's less a case of a case of magical acumen and more a strong sense of self...but there's plenty of power to be had, if you have the discipline."

Motioning back to the items, she continues.

"The trinkets you can put on and take off whenever (in theory), and you'll have all their powers. Most everything else, too. I could probably even dig out a few more, if you want.

The Death Crystal can have permanent effect, but after you make your selection, the crystals gone. Though this one's a little cracked, so it may be erratic. Understand?
"

AmbushCat wrote:*Callista stands back a moment, thinking hard about what to choose, but finally sighs and shakes her head.*

I guess in the end, I'm not as eager to have those urges removed as I thought I was. Sorry for wasting your time.

"I could...erase your memory of shops! Or make you a cat burgled..."

She frowns.

"That's all you want, huh? No shopping, no frills?"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby xGoggles » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:07 am

"Hmm if you put it that way... I guess it is a bit more appealing than I thought. I'm allowed to buy multiple things right?" This was quite interesting, maybe having more options available in his collecting, he could change which item he uses depending on the situation. And the ummm.. 'side-effects' were temporary, so easy enough to deal with~. "I'd like to see a few more, thanks, if it isn't to much trouble", he says with a eager smile.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:14 am

"I could...erase your memory of shops! Or make you a cat burgled..."

She frowns.

"That's all you want, huh? No shopping, no frills?"

Callista: Yeah... see, I toyed with a few different ideas for a good swap. Becoming a narcoleptic, having my darker tendencies kick in whenever I get too angry, turning into a Chibi-Usa clone whenever I get splashed with cold water...I could have lived with stuff like that. Then I made the realization that no matter what I picked, some sort of unlikely death would kick in via status quo and render it all moot with my next regeneration.

*sighs sadly* Bugger. I was kind of looking forward to seeing if I could handle narcolepsy, too.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse