A Fond Farewell

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: a hum and a skip

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Callista: *nervous chuckle* Eh-heh... *beckons him over and whispers to him* She's a ditz in the purest sense of the word, kid. Just play along for now, and we'll see if I can find you a decent hotel, okay?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Re: a hum and a skip

Postby xGoggles » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:47 pm

The young man gives a slow but understanding nod to Callista, "okay...", this made a bit more sense to him, no harm done to just play along~
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

~Estate Sale~

Postby Just some lady » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Caprice pats the boy on the cheek, talking slowly, as if to a child.

"Just because you weren't looking for a shop doesn't mean that you aren't looking for a shop. Silly."

Beaming, she lets go of his hand, turns tot he empty square, and stomps.

And for a moment it seems like she might be a lot stronger than she looks, as the entire place starts to shudder and crack, but quickly it becomes apparent that this is something more. Magic, perhaps, or just as likely some old contingency built into the guts of the city by the Brotherhood. Huge plates of stone begin to shift and stir, scraping against each other delicately as they reconfigure, either flipping over to reveal long displays of products or rising from the ground in the form of buildings, displays, and booths. And though they're dusty, there are products. Rows and rows of them:

Grand swords that pulse as if alive, slightly cracked death crystals that still flicker, moldy old spellbooks, oversized machines bottled dimensions, and more, and more, and more than that, too. They're crowding together in stacks and towers, old construction groaning and leaning against each other from the stress of their rise and to form alleyways and dead-ends, lit by the light of iridescent potions and filled with the thrum of discordant energies not used to the open air.

Caprice smiles.

"And, look. A shop. ^_^"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Re: ~Estate Sale~ |All invited. Rewards Await.|

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Callista: *beaming grin* And hark, what light through yonder doughnut breaks? It is the yeast, and the Brotherhood is the dough! BANZAI!

*A split second and a noisy crash later Callista is gone, a hole in the shape of her body visible in one of the walls. Anyone with the eyes to see it would have seen her shifting to her hybrid form in mid-jump.*

((OOC: Fun fact: around two years ago or so, I had Callista try to take over the Brotherhood by asserting that as one of Himitsu's adopted siblings, she had first dibs. Looking back, I'm not sure how much of that was channeling my inner Violet, and how much was the influence of the Villes. :lol: ))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:59 am

No idea how to respond to such a riddle, he doesn't get much time to think about it however before he suddenly had to brace himself to what he assumed was an earthquake. Lucky, soon it became clear a building was forming, not just any, but a shop?
Flabbergast, even though he already seen some strange things get conjured or summoned before, but a whole store was still something very impressive.

"W-woaw, that is amazing.." Recollecting himself back in the moment, "Umm... I guess... I still have some time to buy a few goods."
Looking back at his bag of holding, he might as well fill it up with special or rare items while he is at it. He smiles towards the ditzy girl , "Ah I see now, thanks, Miss--... Sorry I didn't catch your name earlier."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:25 am

The hybrid Callista streaks into the shopping center with a sound like an erupting volcano, scattering a shower of canned fruit and overly-complicated and outdated trading cards scattering in her wake. Impacting on a discounted robot moose kit (assembly rquired) she finds herself at the intersection of two paths; in one direction, flickering light, in the other, the faint smell of electricity on the wind.

----

Meanwhile, the woman smiiiles-~

"^^ oh, it's Mrs. Metallium but that isn't important!"

She steps aside, and motions for the boy to proceed into what amounted to an entrance.

"What's got you on such a time crunch, little one?"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:19 am

((OOC: Hey, Caprice? None of the cards are appearing for me. It says that the Photobucket account needs to be upgraded to enable 3rd-party hosting. [As an aside, it's expensive.] ))
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Just some lady » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:25 am

[Goofy. But, they're unnecessary fluff, don't worry about them, then.]
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:43 am

From somewhere in the streets nearby, a strange being whose appearance is entirely hidden by a dark cloak, save for a single eye which glows purple, approaches the appearing shops, its motion more resembling a hovering or rolling one than the gait of feet walking. The gaze of its glowy eye when it gets close enough to see the displays suggests it has an interest in some of those grand swords or any other weaponry that seems to be around.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:09 pm

The weapon rack, (or racks, or...pile. this place is not very well-organized) has an impressive selection for something that's apparently been underground for awhile; a "talking sword" that seems to have lost its voice, a knockoff lightsaber or two, a staff with a number pad labeled "safebooruwand", a pile of rusty katanas each claiming to be a legendary weapon, if only they're sharpened up, a couple of that ray guns look like ones that Julia's shop used to sell, and nestled in the back, what look to be Caprice's own twin Grand Daiklaves, the DarkRune and the LightGlyph. She used to carry those with her everywhere.

On the desk, there is a small bell, and a sign: "Ring For Service"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Caprice wrote:[Goofy. But, they're unnecessary fluff, don't worry about them, then.]

((OOC: It did let me see the thumbnails, at least, so I was able to smile some.))

Caprice wrote:The hybrid Callista streaks into the shopping center with a sound like an erupting volcano, scattering a shower of canned fruit and overly-complicated and outdated trading cards scattering in her wake. Impacting on a discounted robot moose kit (assembly rquired) she finds herself at the intersection of two paths; in one direction, flickering light, in the other, the faint smell of electricity on the wind.

Callista: Light, or electricity? ... ...Flickering light it is! *dashes off in that direction*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:55 pm

The cloaked being approaches the bell and rings it obediently, seemingly managing to do so without pulling the appendage responsible for doing so out from under its cloak.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:41 pm

Following Metallium towards the entrance of the shop, still finding it a bit off-putting that she kept talking to him like a small child; he was seventeen, sure maybe a bit smaller than average in height.. but no need to tease about it... "Umm, well I.. I like to be prepared I guess... Figured I'd look for a place to stay first and then shop, but I guess this is fine too..."

Looking around, picking up one of the outdated cards that were swept near them on the floor, "Hmm, is this from a card-game or something?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The cloaked being approaches the bell and rings it obediently, seemingly managing to do so without pulling the appendage responsible for doing so out from under its cloak.

Having proven its skill at surreptitious bell-ringing, the mysterious being is greeted by a -crack- of what sounds like thunder, and then a moment later, by a woman, looking...well, Calamity always looks slightly irritated, but that just might be how her face is. Blinking, she rubs her eyes, and then peers at the figure.

"...Oh. Okay, it seems like I'm here now."

Running her hand back through her hair, she leans down, one elbow on the counter.

"Alright then. What are you looking to kill?"

AmbushCat wrote:Callista: Light, or electricity? ... ...Flickering light it is! *dashes off in that direction*

Callista dashes off with exuberance! What she's looking for perhaps not even she knows full well, but given how poorly-organized this store is, one direction is likely as good as another. As she approaches the flickering light, there does seem to be a...theme, however. Instead of the hodge-podge of outdated tech and forgotten relics, the hallway starts to be populated with games of various sorts. Chess, Balut, even a roulette wheel that she has to hop over in order to continue.

And at the end of the hall, sits a tall woman, dressed in a black-and-white jester's outfit. She is idly toying with what looks to be a scale model of Muffinville that has been painstakingly assembled within a glass bottle. And as always, the woman--Dichotomy--is grinning.

xGoggles wrote:Following Metallium towards the entrance of the shop, still finding it a bit off-putting that she kept talking to him like a small child; he was seventeen, sure maybe a bit smaller than average in height.. but no need to tease about it... "Umm, well I.. I like to be prepared I guess... Figured I'd look for a place to stay first and then shop, but I guess this is fine too..."

Looking around, picking up one of the outdated cards that were swept near them on the floor, "Hmm, is this from a card-game or something?"

though most of the cards seem to have scattered to the winds, there are still a selection of them around. Perhaps a few of them are even relevant, the boy might realize, as he picks up a card that may seem at this point a little too familiar.

"^^ Oh, well, you know! They're from a card game called "being self-indulgent"..."

The woman shrugs, and then smiles and then musses his hair lightly.

"Keep'em if you want, little one. But they're not what you're here for, are they~?"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby xGoggles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:37 pm

"Oh, this card looks like you~?", he says with a smile, looking back a forward between the girl and the card. "Hmm, Excordis Caprice?"
Card games were fun, he remembers how he loved collecting and playing those back as a kid, "Heheh, bet they had a bunch of complicated rules and such. I like the design though, do people still play it?"

Blushing a bit as his hair gets ruffled, embarrassed she kept him little. "Well... I'm not really looking for anything specific, to be honest... I might just look around a bit and see if there is anything that catches my interest. Unless you know something that I should really consider buying? Any recommendations?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse