A Fond Farewell

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: ~Estate Sale~ |All invited. Rewards Await.|

Postby xGoggles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 pm

Caprice wrote:Entropy purses her lips.

"I never really knew her but look at it like this: Magic couldn't hurt her, because she didn't believe in it. And maybe if someone convinced her otherwise that could change, of course. But someone could have shot her with a gun, if they could get close enough without getting turned into a schoolgirl, I mean."

She smiles reassuringly.

"I can't promise you that this is 100% safe, but yeah, it's probably safer than normal, at least. You interested in picking it up? the price is 10,000HL."

Glancing at a note on the counter she pauses, and then rolls her eyes.

"...or, free, if you promise to use it at least once after leaving the store, it looks like. Caprice is really not great at business plans."

"Hmmm, seems reasonable, so far it's like an anti-magic 'shield' I guess...", this is definitely something he could work with, sure it had its own risks but then again... "Ah, you mentioned close enough so.. was that why you were so far away before when I wore it? Does it have a limited range?"
Looking back at his haven-bag on the side, lucky it wasn't a schoolbag anymore, "Well I don't know how much 10,000HL is... though I assume with enough time and.." looking around the the available space "..room... I could match that likely... Buuuuut free always seems more appealing~ I'm likely going to experiment with it, later on, so yes I promise to use it afterwards again sometimes."
Thinking of it like some kind of puzzle to figure out more than a dangerous tool to disrupt reality, he'll likely try to take good care of it. Gifting or selling it away afterwards, no way, now that would be dangerous!

"So umm, if you don't mind, I still like to try that staff too if I'm allowed?", he gestures to the staff Entropy was holding very dearly. "Unless it's a bit too personal. I fully understand."
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice nods slowly, and then puts on a smile.

"Of course. What can I do?"

See, here's the thing. All the major names associated with the Brotherhood, be they here or at the other place... yeah, they're gone now and doing whatever, and it's not likely they'll be appearing again anytime soon if at all. You're pretty much the only one left from those days, sis-in-law, and... well, I'll sum it up and say that these places are languishing without a part-time antagonist.

So, basically what I'm asking is... *gulps nervously and returns to her full human appearance* Can I have your permission to take control of what's left of the Brotherhood?
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Caprice wrote:She claps her hands, beaming.

"Yes, yes! ^^"

Spinning in her faux-chair she puts out a hand, which shoots out out suddenly like a grappling hook, grabbing the laptop and then retracting back along the metal cable connecting it to her wrist. The laptop is a calm yellow color and looks normal enough, save for the fact that the windows logo seems to have been replaces with a wide, staring eye.

"Soooo, it's basic enough, it's like a demon in a silicon shell, not sapient, but just intelligent enough that it'll usually be able to find what you're looking for, and adaptable enough to interface with nearly any system. ^^ Oh, and it has free wifi and infinite battery life as long as there's some kind of background radiation for it to pick up, which there usually is around there parts."

She taps a few keys, causing the screen to ripple as through breathing, and then a web browser opens, displaying the current phase of the moon, the time, (local, and in several timezones that don't seem to match up with anything), and a .gif of a nearly-full chalice of acidic-looking green liquid.

"Foor instance! Here's the default web browser, the Nether Sojourner. Anything you want to look up today?"

Wait, when you say demon, do you mean like an actual demon? It's not going to try to break out and eat me, right?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Ookalf wrote:Wait, when you say demon, do you mean like an actual demon? It's not going to try to break out and eat me, right?

The scientist taps her chin, as though the possibility hadn't occured to her.

"I mean, it doesn't have a brain or a body to speak of, so probably not, but I could see about installing that functionality if that's what you're looking for! ^^"

AmbushCat wrote:See, here's the thing. All the major names associated with the Brotherhood, be they here or at the other place... yeah, they're gone now and doing whatever, and it's not likely they'll be appearing again anytime soon if at all. You're pretty much the only one left from those days, sis-in-law, and... well, I'll sum it up and say that these places are languishing without a part-time antagonist.

So, basically what I'm asking is... *gulps nervously and returns to her full human appearance* Can I have your permission to take control of what's left of the Brotherhood?

Caprice blinks, and then laughs.

"Oh, hahah, pff. Okay, I see."

Looking out across the chaotic Muffinville skyline she goes quiet for a moment, and then nods

"Yeah, okay, I think I can do that. "

Reaching out, the woman puts her palm just in front of Calli's forehead, closing her eyes.

"I, Excordis Caprice Metallium, speaking on behalf of myself as well as all derivative mental entities hereby abdicate my post as SpamLady Supreme, and Leader of the Brotherhood. These titles, and all associated authority are passed to Callista Wilson-Metallium until such time that she chooses to be rid of them, or they are wrested from her by some kind of dramatic coup."

Lowering her arm, Caprice smiles.

"^^ How's that? The Cosmic Plushie Forge should still be downstairs if someone hasn't bought it already."

xGoggles wrote:"Hmmm, seems reasonable, so far it's like an anti-magic 'shield' I guess...", this is definitely something he could work with, sure it had its own risks but then again... "Ah, you mentioned close enough so.. was that why you were so far away before when I wore it? Does it have a limited range?"
Looking back at his haven-bag on the side, lucky it wasn't a schoolbag anymore, "Well I don't know how much 10,000HL is... though I assume with enough time and.." looking around the the available space "..room... I could match that likely... Buuuuut free always seems more appealing~ I'm likely going to experiment with it, later on, so yes I promise to use it afterwards again sometimes."
Thinking of it like some kind of puzzle to figure out more than a dangerous tool to disrupt reality, he'll likely try to take good care of it. Gifting or selling it away afterwards, no way, now that would be dangerous!

"So umm, if you don't mind, I still like to try that staff too if I'm allowed?", he gestures to the staff Entropy was holding very dearly. "Unless it's a bit too personal. I fully understand."

" That's right, good eye. It used to be bigger, but far as I know that's the only source if Beige right now this side of the Order, so it's shrunk down to about room-sized."

Smirking, she tosses him the staff. It's a mellow grey, (some kind of light metal or stone, but it's hard to tell), with carvings of stars and galaxies all along its surface, save for a few smoothed areas where one might grip it.

"All this stuff is personal, but that's kind of the point. Knock yourself out, kid, but just know, it's a useful tool, but it's not foolproof; don't get over-reliant."

Whatevr89532 wrote:Cacophany nods to the instructions, seeming to carefully take them in. But it does dawn on her at this point, and she gets a concerned look. "Are you...?" and pauses, stumbling across an uncertainty of word choice. 'Dying' was the first instinct, but something about it seems incorrect. After a moment, the question is rephrased: "...The sword, you're making it out of, yours?" Some grammatical confusion still results from uncertainty whether the subject counts as two swords or one.

Calamity doesn't respond for a moment and that silence speaks for itself, in a way. Instead she pulls her hand away from her chest, stretching it out as if to touch Cacophony's cheek, before thinking better of it. The cracks have spread all up her arms now, like poorly-mended porcelain.

"The swords were Caprice's, actually. That's why they're giving me so much grief when I touch them, but don't worry, the new one will be coded to you, so you wont have to worry about those fingers of yours. I just need one more ingrediant."

She smiles, more easily than seems right, and then pushes her free hand straight into her own chest, which cracks at first. and then gives way like dry leaves as the woman rips out what looks like a human heart but made of a cruel black metal. It's crackling erratically, and now that its exposed, it's hot enough to feel even from a distance.

"If...you run into Metroidvania ever, give her my regards, okay?"

Coughing again, the cracks spread up further along her body-- faster than before--but she seems almost unconcerned, at least outwardly. Her emotions are harder to taste now. Fear, determination, satisfaction.

"Lian too, I guess."
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby xGoggles » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Dan stares out in the open for a bit, 'Beige', that word keeps coming back somehow... Thought maybe blissfully unaware about any of what color magic actually is.

Looking over the staff more up-close, "Well sure.. if you think you won't need it anymore.. umm..", not sure if he is doing her a favor with buying these things or... He shrugs it off, everyone has their reasons...
"So how.. does this thing work exactly? Does it automatically activate when energy blast come in this direction or do I have to turn it on or something?", he puts his hands on the smoothed parts of the staff and kind of slowly swings the staff around a bit.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice blinks, and then laughs.

"Oh, hahah, pff. Okay, I see."

Looking out across the chaotic Muffinville skyline she goes quiet for a moment, and then nods

"Yeah, okay, I think I can do that. "

Reaching out, the woman puts her palm just in front of Calli's forehead, closing her eyes.

"I, Excordis Caprice Metallium, speaking on behalf of myself as well as all derivative mental entities hereby abdicate my post as SpamLady Supreme, and Leader of the Brotherhood. These titles, and all associated authority are passed to Callista Wilson-Metallium until such time that she chooses to be rid of them, or they are wrested from her by some kind of dramatic coup."

Lowering her arm, Caprice smiles.

"^^ How's that? The Cosmic Plushie Forge should still be downstairs if someone hasn't bought it already."

*Callista remains quiet for a long moment, tears in her eyes. Finally she smiles, starts to say something...

...and slumps forward as her newfound narcolepsy kicks in, falling into Caprice's arms as she falls asleep. A drawing drifts in through a hole in reality, landing next to her.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:51 pm

Caprice wrote:The scientist taps her chin, as though the possibility hadn't occured to her.

"I mean, it doesn't have a brain or a body to speak of, so probably not, but I could see about installing that functionality if that's what you're looking for! ^^"

Er, I'd actually prefer if it didn't do that. I just wanted to make sure... Anyway, we were about to try a search, right? How about "new medicines"?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:50 pm

xGoggles wrote:Dan stares out in the open for a bit, 'Beige', that word keeps coming back somehow... Thought maybe blissfully unaware about any of what color magic actually is.

Looking over the staff more up-close, "Well sure.. if you think you won't need it anymore.. umm..", not sure if he is doing her a favor with buying these things or... He shrugs it off, everyone has their reasons...
"So how.. does this thing work exactly? Does it automatically activate when energy blast come in this direction or do I have to turn it on or something?", he puts his hands on the smoothed parts of the staff and kind of slowly swings the staff around a bit.

"You concentrate to activate the nullification effect and then it's a small proximity--maybe a few feet around it, but only as long as you're focused. Got it?"

She smiles. Oddly, it's...she's starting to become slightly translucent, her form outlines by sparkling lights.

"Oh! And if you stab it at something, they'll start burning energy a lot faster than normal for a little while."

AmbushCat wrote:*Callista remains quiet for a long moment, tears in her eyes. Finally she smiles, starts to say something...

...and slumps forward as her newfound narcolepsy kicks in, falling into Caprice's arms as she falls asleep. A drawing drifts in through a hole in reality, landing next to her.*

"Aw."

She kisses the girl's forehead gently, and settles down to a sitting position, letting her rest her head on her lap. Seeing the paper, she covers her mouth, and hugs it close too, before folding it up carefully, and putting it in her pack.

Ookalf wrote:Er, I'd actually prefer if it didn't do that. I just wanted to make sure... Anyway, we were about to try a search, right? How about "new medicines"?

"Neeewww medicines!"

Beaming, Caprice taps a few keys and the web browser...well, opens a new webpage! It's probably not a revolutionary concept for Flo, but what is interesting is the results! It looks like there are a number of "new medicines" that one could use, including but not limited to:

• Anti-dying cream (For all you liches without phylacteries!)
  • Extra-strength skeleton therapy (involving a medicine made of various ground rocks and fungi)
  • A cure for the common Kobold (a knife)
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Re: ~Estate Sale~

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Caprice wrote:"Aw."

She kisses the girl's forehead gently, and settles down to a sitting position, letting her rest her head on her lap. Seeing the paper, she covers her mouth, and hugs it close too, before folding it up carefully, and putting it in her pack.

*Zelas-plushie pops into being on Callista's shoulder, giggles at what she sees, then hands a plate of freshly-baked cookies to Caprice before disappearing again*

*Callista remains asleep for several minutes before abruptly jerking awake, looking around.*

...? Hunh? ...Okay, wow. That happened.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Dan mostly focusing on the staff at the moment, trying to activate the nullification effect, it should be visible right?, "So like this, huh? Well I think, I still need some kind of small energy blasts to see if it actually works--.. Oh? Why are you glowing?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Caprice wrote:"Neeewww medicines!"

Beaming, Caprice taps a few keys and the web browser...well, opens a new webpage! It's probably not a revolutionary concept for Flo, but what is interesting is the results! It looks like there are a number of "new medicines" that one could use, including but not limited to:

• Anti-dying cream (For all you liches without phylacteries!)
  • Extra-strength skeleton therapy (involving a medicine made of various ground rocks and fungi)
  • A cure for the common Kobold (a knife)

*Flo nods as she sees the results Caprice turns up.* Yep, looks like that works... Anything else I should know about it?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:08 am

Ookalf wrote:*Flo nods as she sees the results Caprice turns up.* Yep, looks like that works... Anything else I should know about it?

She hmms, her voice slightly static at the edges.

", Well, if you hooked it up to a 3D printer, I bet you could do all kinds of cool things...but nom those are it's basic functions!"

xGoggles wrote:Dan mostly focusing on the staff at the moment, trying to activate the nullification effect, it should be visible right?, "So like this, huh? Well I think, I still need some kind of small energy blasts to see if it actually works--.. Oh? Why are you glowing?"

Entropy waves her hand, as if it's not important.

"I'ma magical girl. I was never entirely real. Anyways though...ah, here."

She grabs the "heart" that she'd mentioned earlier, (her fingers phasing through it slightly, now that they're not fully substantial) and tosses it at him underhanded.

"Concentrate."

AmbushCat wrote:*Zelas-plushie pops into being on Callista's shoulder, giggles at what she sees, then hands a plate of freshly-baked cookies to Caprice before disappearing again*

*Callista remains asleep for several minutes before abruptly jerking awake, looking around.*

...? Hunh? ...Okay, wow. That happened.

Caprice blinks, but only hardly, and smiles to Calli, offering a cookie.

"You slept well. Loooong day, sis? ^^"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby xGoggles » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:46 am

First not sure what she was getting at.. but he was fast to react as she tosses the demon-heart thingy; trying his best to focus on some kind of nullifying effect and if not, at least use the staff to partly bat back the thrown projectile.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:26 am

Caprice wrote:Caprice blinks, but only hardly, and smiles to Calli, offering a cookie.

"You slept well. Loooong day, sis? ^^"

*accepts the cookie and eats it without delay* Yeah, and it's about to get loooonger. Blast it, now she's got me doing it. I've got a lot of stuff to look into now, so I guess I'd better get a move on...

Oh, right! Before I forget... *calls out* Hey, Curtis! You have that Going-Away present ready yet?

*The words "Just a minute!" scroll across the air close by, as if on a theater marquee.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:57 pm

Caprice wrote:She hmms, her voice slightly static at the edges.

", Well, if you hooked it up to a 3D printer, I bet you could do all kinds of cool things...but nom those are it's basic functions!"

All right, I guess I can play with that on my own time... How much for it?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse