A Fond Farewell

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: ~Estate Sale~

Postby xGoggles » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:11 pm

He really had to do something, Entropy wasn't even able to hold the staff anymore! "H-hold on!", no time to think! Using the bracelet was his only option; just need to think hard to make her solid again, he has to believe Entropy can be a real magical girl.

Putting on the bracelet. Closing her eyes, focusing on... what again? Real magical girls? But magical girls weren't real, sure wish they were, but those were only real in manga and anime shows, unfortunately...
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Cacophany holds the sword one-handed for a moment, examining it; her expression has calmed almost entirely, and the tears have stopped. She makes a few practice swings, testing its balance, ending with it held up in a ready stance. And then...she does something which manages to surprise even herself.

"RrrrrraaaaaaaaaaAAAAaaah!" The cyborg yells, maybe screams, in a spike of emotion that comes with a return of the tears, making a hard horizontal chop. The emotion is a combination of sadness and frustration at the passing of the first person who seemed to care about her, right in front of her eyes--before she even knew who that person was. She isn't trying to make an energy blade like Calamity did, just venting some of that emotion out against what seems to be an instinct to remain stoic.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: ~Estate Sale~ |All invited. Rewards Await.|

Postby Ookalf » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice tilts her head to one side.

"Iiiit's...
efficient! ^^
"

Right... Well, as interesting as that sounds, I think I'll pass. *Flo pulls out her wallet and offers Caprice the needed money.*

AmbushCat wrote:*Traversing the area at high speed, Callista makes her way down to where Flo and the other Caprice are located. The both of them should notice the air whooshing around them as a grayish-cream colored blur navigates past them.*
Callista: SorryformyhasteI'mgonnataketheCosmicPlushieForgeandgetmyselfsetupforfunhere'sabunchofcashbyeandthankyou!

*Four seconds later, both Callista and the Forge are gone, and in the latter's place is a collection of cash in the amount of 65,000 HL.*

Ah! *Flo holds her cap in place as Callista blurs past.* What was that about?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Ookalf wrote:Right... Well, as interesting as that sounds, I think I'll pass. *Flo pulls out her wallet and offers Caprice the needed money.*

AmbushCat wrote:*Traversing the area at high speed, Callista makes her way down to where Flo and the other Caprice are located. The both of them should notice the air whooshing around them as a grayish-cream colored blur navigates past them.*
Callista: SorryformyhasteI'mgonnataketheCosmicPlushieForgeandgetmyselfsetupforfunhere'sabunchofcashbyeandthankyou!

*Four seconds later, both Callista and the Forge are gone, and in the latter's place is a collection of cash in the amount of 65,000 HL.*

Ah! *Flo holds her cap in place as Callista blurs past.* What was that about?

Caprice beams, the woosh of Callista not moving a hair on her head, taking the momey and feeding it cherfull into a slot on her arm with a cha-ching! sound effect.

" ^^ okay, it's all yours, have fun~"

Calli will find the forge is not in prime condition (it hasn't seen a lot ofbuse recently), but it was built solid, and kicking it back into gear won't be hard.

Whatevr89532 wrote:Cacophany holds the sword one-handed for a moment, examining it; her expression has calmed almost entirely, and the tears have stopped. She makes a few practice swings, testing its balance, ending with it held up in a ready stance. And then...she does something which manages to surprise even herself.

"RrrrrraaaaaaaaaaAAAAaaah!" The cyborg yells, maybe screams, in a spike of emotion that comes with a return of the tears, making a hard horizontal chop. The emotion is a combination of sadness and frustration at the passing of the first person who seemed to care about her, right in front of her eyes--before she even knew who that person was. She isn't trying to make an energy blade like Calamity did, just venting some of that emotion out against what seems to be an instinct to remain stoic.

Cacophony yells, and in that yell is...loss. rage. anger. and....power.

And as she slashes the sword, it flares to life. Not with the even, crackling green that it had before, but with a jagged, pulsing hate-red edge. It's as though someone had wrapped her scream in burning light.

xGoggles wrote:He really had to do something, Entropy wasn't even able to hold the staff anymore! "H-hold on!", no time to think! Using the bracelet was his only option; just need to think hard to make her solid again, he has to believe Entropy can be a real magical girl.

Putting on the bracelet. Closing her eyes, focusing on... what again? Real magical girls? But magical girls weren't real, sure wish they were, but those were only real in manga and anime shows, unfortunately...

"wh a t are . . .? Oh. !"

Entropy looks confused, and then...relieved somehow. A strange, ghostly vision before Danica.

" you' re a good ki d, y ou k now. th at. ?"

And with a light smile, the vision is gone, and where it had been there is a small stack of manga, lightly used: Mahou Senshi Entropy.

And Danica will realize that she must have just been daydreaming, because there was no woman here, and Entropy wasn't real, (if only!). It was just some of her comics that she'd set down for a minute, of course, that was all.
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Caprice beams, the woosh of Callista not moving a hair on her head, taking the momey and feeding it cherfull into a slot on her arm with a cha-ching! sound effect.

Calli will find the forge is not in prime condition (it hasn't seen a lot ofbuse recently), but it was built solid, and kicking it back into gear won't be hard.

*CHA-CHING!*

*Callista puts on the brakes a few miles distant, sets down the Forge, and gives it a look-over.*

Hmm... shouldn't be too hard to bring this up to par. I should get in contact with...
...Nah, Kaoru, you're right. We should probably keep the Infinite Defense completely separate from the Brotherhood. Now, then... short of grabbing all of Himitsu's ex-flunkies, how are we going to staff the place? ...
...Hey, if you don't want anything to do with it, nothing's stopping you from playing cards with the Copycats or something.
Good enough for me. Let's get this show on the road!

*Callista picks up the Forge and hypers off out of sight.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Ookalf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Caprice wrote:Caprice beams, the woosh of Callista not moving a hair on her head, taking the momey and feeding it cherfull into a slot on her arm with a cha-ching! sound effect.

Thank you! *Flo takes the computer and looks around.* So, what else were you offering me again?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Caprice wrote:
"wh a t are . . .? Oh. !"

Entropy looks confused, and then...relieved somehow. A strange, ghostly vision before Danica.

" you' re a good ki d, y ou k now. th at. ?"

And with a light smile, the vision is gone, and where it had been there is a small stack of manga, lightly used: Mahou Senshi Entropy.

And Danica will realize that she must have just been daydreaming, because there was no woman here, and Entropy wasn't real, (if only!). It was just some of her comics that she'd set down for a minute, of course, that was all.

Danica blinks and looks around for a moment, uhh she was she daydreaming again? Maybe buying another stack of her favorite magical girl series wasn't a good idea if she keeps daydreaming about it.. what about her studies...
But giving the manga another look, feeling a faint sense of love and compassion from it; how could she stop reading those, it was about her favorite magical girl Entropy after all. She even bought this cosplay staff from her.

Putting the books in a shopping bag, she looks around; no clerk in sight, maybe there was a cashier near the entrance of the shop? Then when she picks up the bag, she notices that she is still wearing the bracelet, "Oh, whoopsie haven't paid for that yet either. I'll put it in the bag as well so I don't forget."

Blinking again, Dan looks around confused, wasn't he rushing to do something? Wasn't there a shopkeeper here? Looking back at the stacks of manga and the bracelet on top of it. He recalls he used the bracelet.. but for what again..? Nothing seems changed, he still had the staff and the free manga that went along with it.
Guess he got lucky this time, but he really needs to think of some measures for this bracelet.. this thing can be dangerous.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:55 am

Ookalf wrote:Thank you! *Flo takes the computer and looks around.* So, what else were you offering me again?

The 'pricebot hmms, checking her watch.

"Weelll, there's the first tomapple tree! ^^ Or, there may be a few spellbooks around, or the Fivefold Throne of the Blue goddess downstairs..."

xGoggles wrote:Danica blinks and looks around for a moment, uhh she was she daydreaming again? Maybe buying another stack of her favorite magical girl series wasn't a good idea if she keeps daydreaming about it.. what about her studies...
But giving the manga another look, feeling a faint sense of love and compassion from it; how could she stop reading those, it was about her favorite magical girl Entropy after all. She even bought this cosplay staff from her.

Putting the books in a shopping bag, she looks around; no clerk in sight, maybe there was a cashier near the entrance of the shop? Then when she picks up the bag, she notices that she is still wearing the bracelet, "Oh, whoopsie haven't paid for that yet either. I'll put it in the bag as well so I don't forget."

Blinking again, Dan looks around confused, wasn't he rushing to do something? Wasn't there a shopkeeper here? Looking back at the stacks of manga and the bracelet on top of it. He recalls he used the bracelet.. but for what again..? Nothing seems changed, he still had the staff and the free manga that went along with it.
Guess he got lucky this time, but he really needs to think of some measures for this bracelet.. this thing can be dangerous.

Still! Guess he got lucky in the end; nothing changed, and between the bracelet, the staff, and the manga, he's started to accrue quite the haul.

"Heeeey there little one~~"

From the door to the room, there's Caprice again--the one he'd been talking to. She glances from the comics, to the staff, to the bracelet, as if trying to assemble a puzzle with one piece missing, and then shakes her head and lets it go.

"...Sorry, I guess I forgot to have anyone stationed here. ^^ Are you finding everything okay?"
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby xGoggles » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 am

"Umm, yes.. I think so", he got the most appealing items to him around; and he was quite happy with his purchase or well intended.. hmm.. he wasn't sure if he actually already bought them or not.
Going towards Caprice a bit more at ease than earlier, "I'll think I'll take this bracelet, the staff and the manga that comes with it", he refers to the shopping bag containing the things.

Blushing slightly, "And maybe that crystal-heart you were wearing, if that offer is still on the table?", sure it was a bit girly, but he heard it was very powerful. Strange though... he didn't remember who told him that.. Or maybe he read it somewhere? The thought was a bit hazy so he shrugged it off; he just knew it was worth the buy.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Caprice wrote:"Weelll, there's the first tomapple tree! ^^ Or, there may be a few spellbooks around, or the Fivefold Throne of the Blue goddess downstairs..."

Hmm... That throne does sound cool, but I'm not really sure where I'd put one. I'm not really much for magic, either... I have been meaning to try some stuff with Color Fruit, though. So, are the Tomapples from this tree stronger than normal ones somehow?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:02 pm

The cyborg breathes heavily for a second or two in the position that the end of the swing left, and then draws herself back up, sword at her side, entirely calm again. "Is this it...?" she wonders aloud, observing the damage that's been done around her. Cacophany remembers the details of the world the dragon-slaying blade was wanted for: An Earth brought to the brink by an invasion of dragons more powerful than anything they'd imagined before, small pockets of civilization here and there trying to survive, and the people who The Business contacted specifically, a group actively working to hunt down and kill the dragons. That group of hunters together hold forth the hope for their world, but surely along with that...a hatred for the dragons, rage at the lives lost and a desire for vengeance. If this kind of emotion is what she needs, then it's hardly in short supply there.

A small portal is opened near her, just long enough for a ringing cell phone to fall out of it, which she catches with her free hand and answers. The Business (or one of its computerized voices at least) is on the other end. "I am aware of the poli-cy," she says. "I have gained something able to do the job, but on-ly I can use it. I will help." After listening for a moment longer to hear coordinates to meet at, she starts on her way out of the building.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:The cyborg breathes heavily for a second or two in the position that the end of the swing left, and then draws herself back up, sword at her side, entirely calm again. "Is this it...?" she wonders aloud, observing the damage that's been done around her. Cacophany remembers the details of the world the dragon-slaying blade was wanted for: An Earth brought to the brink by an invasion of dragons more powerful than anything they'd imagined before, small pockets of civilization here and there trying to survive, and the people who The Business contacted specifically, a group actively working to hunt down and kill the dragons. That group of hunters together hold forth the hope for their world, but surely along with that...a hatred for the dragons, rage at the lives lost and a desire for vengeance. If this kind of emotion is what she needs, then it's hardly in short supply there.

A small portal is opened near her, just long enough for a ringing cell phone to fall out of it, which she catches with her free hand and answers. The Business (or one of its computerized voices at least) is on the other end. "I am aware of the poli-cy," she says. "I have gained something able to do the job, but on-ly I can use it. I will help." After listening for a moment longer to hear coordinates to meet at, she starts on her way out of the building.

For better or for worse, there's nothing stopping her--in fact, it looks like the store is about to close. Cacophony is free to start her own life, or some approximation thereof.

Ookalf wrote:Hmm... That throne does sound cool, but I'm not really sure where I'd put one. I'm not really much for magic, either... I have been meaning to try some stuff with Color Fruit, though. So, are the Tomapples from this tree stronger than normal ones somehow?

"Sooooo glad you asked~"

Caprice hops up, (the stool vanishing the instant she does so), and taps lightly, revealing the edge of a force field that was encasing the tree.

"^^ The violet in this tree has been incubating for a long time--longer than any color energy to date. The fruit's healing powers are nearly unparalleled, but the side effects are also extreme. Touching one of the tomapples here unaided might be enough to set off the effects if you're not careful, and to eat it...well."

She grins, like it was Christmas morning.

"...the scientist in me wonders if maybe this is the forerunner of the next, inevitable evolution of color. High exposure could leave a person as pure charged emotional energy--the very essence of violet."

A chime sounds, and she frowns down at her watch. Apparently it's nearing closing time.

"Of course, it's the saleswoman in me we're worried about today, and I should say, using just a bit of the juice should be enough for just the normal effects. And if you could separate out just the healing properties...well, it might just be enough to raise the dead. "

xGoggles wrote:"Umm, yes.. I think so", he got the most appealing items to him around; and he was quite happy with his purchase or well intended.. hmm.. he wasn't sure if he actually already bought them or not.
Going towards Caprice a bit more at ease than earlier, "I'll think I'll take this bracelet, the staff and the manga that comes with it", he refers to the shopping bag containing the things.

Blushing slightly, "And maybe that crystal-heart you were wearing, if that offer is still on the table?", sure it was a bit girly, but he heard it was very powerful. Strange though... he didn't remember who told him that.. Or maybe he read it somewhere? The thought was a bit hazy so he shrugged it off; he just knew it was worth the buy.

The woman smiles, resting her cheek in one hand, studying the boy.

"Oh, yes? ^^ Lovely."

A chime sounds throughout the store. Apparently it's nearly closing time, but Caprice motions for him to sit down on a nearby bench.

"This, is my Heartstone."

She taps it gently, eliciting a tiny spark, and then reaches around behind her beck, undoing the choker, pulling it off, offering it to Dan.

"It's a very personal item, which is why I wanted someone to have it, before I go."

Without the choker...she seems different somehow, but it's hard to pin down. Older, maybe.
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

Postby xGoggles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Dan takes a seat on the nearby bench and smiles. Even though he wasn't really intending to go shop today, or well not do any magical shopping, he was still happy he was invited to look around here by Caprice.
Eagerly looking at the Heartstone; a nice name to give such a pretty jewel.

Taking the choker carefully and examines it and the Heartstone up close, "Oh, are you leaving for a long trip around the world?", a vague guess, but that's what his grandpa did when he left his goggles with him as a gift, so.~
"I'll try my best to keep it safe then", his mind a bit too distracted by the crystalline heart to pick up on the subtle changes of the woman.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Ookalf » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Caprice wrote:"Sooooo glad you asked~"

Caprice hops up, (the stool vanishing the instant she does so), and taps lightly, revealing the edge of a force field that was encasing the tree.

"^^ The violet in this tree has been incubating for a long time--longer than any color energy to date. The fruit's healing powers are nearly unparalleled, but the side effects are also extreme. Touching one of the tomapples here unaided might be enough to set off the effects if you're not careful, and to eat it...well."

She grins, like it was Christmas morning.

"...the scientist in me wonders if maybe this is the forerunner of the next, inevitable evolution of color. High exposure could leave a person as pure charged emotional energy--the very essence of violet."

A chime sounds, and she frowns down at her watch. Apparently it's nearing closing time.

"Of course, it's the saleswoman in me we're worried about today, and I should say, using just a bit of the juice should be enough for just the normal effects. And if you could separate out just the healing properties...well, it might just be enough to raise the dead. "

Oh, wow... *Flo stares at the tree in amazement as Caprice goes over its attributes.* I could do so much with that... How much for it?
Ookalf
Exalted MSFer
Exalted MSFer

Postby Just some lady » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:43 pm

Ookalf wrote:Oh, wow... *Flo stares at the tree in amazement as Caprice goes over its attributes.* I could do so much with that... How much for it?

"10,000HL...or best offer? ^^"

She grins. her LCD-eyes flipping into dollar signs.

"It's a steal~ Except the kind of steal that you pay money for!"
xGoggles wrote:Dan takes a seat on the nearby bench and smiles. Even though he wasn't really intending to go shop today, or well not do any magical shopping, he was still happy he was invited to look around here by Caprice.
Eagerly looking at the Heartstone; a nice name to give such a pretty jewel.

Taking the choker carefully and examines it and the Heartstone up close, "Oh, are you leaving for a long trip around the world?", a vague guess, but that's what his grandpa did when he left his goggles with him as a gift, so.~
"I'll try my best to keep it safe then", his mind a bit too distracted by the crystalline heart to pick up on the subtle changes of the woman.

The woman smiles, and then laughs, just a little.

"Not exactly around the world, but..."

She leans back against the wall opposite to Dan, now wearing a navy-blue sleeveless dress and a black, floppy hat. She trails off, studying the boy for a moment.

"That'll be 10,000 HL.
Unless you put it on right now--then it's free."
Just some lady
Hisho
Hisho

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse