Dreamscape: A blazing nightmare

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Dreamscape: A blazing nightmare

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:43 am

The monster finally reacts to the assault from the cat, part of its shell on its back pops open, as something underneath it seems to grow and blow up in size, looking similar to a big bundle of jelly... like a jellyfish. Soon after, a massive amount of electricity seems to be generated within it and getting transferred into the tentacles! This appetite might give a shocking aftertaste~

*Ambush immediately stops his absorption and leaps away, letting what's left of the tentacles he was after fall apart.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:53 pm

(( Let's see if I can manage the time-flow a bit, so the actions make sense))

Noticing the electricity build-up in its jellyfish blop, Ambush safely let's go and leap away before any charge was to hit him. The tentacles however suffered quite a bit of damage from the siphoning.

Soon after Raleigh successful drained most of the generated electrical energy to such an extent that it damaged the internal workings of jellyfish-like organ and cause it to sparks out.
As the exoskeleton of the creature changes from its armored organic material to breakable glass, a lot of cracks already starting to break in just from its massive size and own muscle movement.
He managed to teleport out of the way of the burning debris, launched from the warrior, that crashed at a high speed into the now coated by glass creature; shattering most of its exoskeleton and severely injure the monster.

The mysterious fox-girl calmly turns her head, hearing Raleigh appear behind her, "Huh..?" bluntly ignoring the question, she smiles "Your thought-matrix isn't the same as this dream world, so.. you aren't from this dream, are you?" Her smile slowly changing more into a grin, as she poofs off in a bunch of smoke, then reappears in a small burst of fire right in front of him. Face to face, even though she is floating mid-air to compensate for the height difference, "So are you here to sacrifice your life's energy and body to help me escape this place? Oh, you are so kind~", the joyfulness in her tone and her sparkly eyes make her sound like a little kid about to open up her first Christmas present of the evening.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:55 pm

The girl (whose name is indeed Anna) just watches Raleigh's and Ambush's antics for a moment before disappearing and reappearing via more black smoke, her destination slightly behind Raleigh. She frowns and crosses her arms, seemingly not even in the same physical plane as the building's fire. "Like, if you think you're gonna be able to kill that one you must be totally stupid. Inidrasil don't go down easy, or like..ever. Anyway, you're getting outta this dream whether you like it or not."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:07 pm

A fade demon routine? Seriously? *Super deadpan.* Oh no, it is going to eat me and use my body to escape into the real world. Oh whatever shall I do? *In his normal voice.* Invading into my spirit matrix would be your end. Either the energies inside it would tear you apart or you'd just be absorbed into me.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 pm

*appears on Raleigh's shoulder with a very Star Trek-esque teleporter effect* Hey, let's see her try to invade my spirit matrix. *grinning, forehead gem glowing* Seeing how far out of her league she is should be good for a chuckle---

*Ambush is interrupted by the sound of his theme playing.*

*sighs* Excuse me, I've got to handle this one. *music cuts off* Hello?

Child's voice: --"Mom", you don't have a spirit matrix.-- *click*

*disgruntled* ...Yeah, well, forget you too, Viridi.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 pm

The fox-girl studies Anna a moment, glancing over mostly to her ears and tail, "Awww~, are you trying to look like a kitsune? You are way off though, you even took the wrong species and..." she sniffs the air a bit sarcastically given they weren't even on the same physical plane "Your stench is off too~", waving her hand around in a dismissing fashion.
"And don't you worry, I'm not planning to stay long~", she says with a little giggle.

Giving Raleigh a confused look. "Why would anyone eat the components for their rituals? That's just silly; tush tush..", she shakes her head in disapproval. "Your bodies don't even look that appealing to invade anyway... No... All I need from you now is just a little.. essence~", with that the girl points downwards to the roof-floor they are standing on as a magic circle, coming from an activated seal, expands around them. The marks of the circle appear to both cause a paralyzing effect and an energy-drain. Though the effect doesn't seem to affect her at all, maybe because she is the caster.. or maybe because what the seal is sapping for is something she isn't possessing? Regardless, even though the paralyzing effect would be able to bind many even very advanced and mighty entities, the three of them will likely be too powerful to feel any real hindrance.
"Aww, sadly this isn't going to work...", she poof away again, as a descending shadow grow bigger above them... Seems no one was paying attention to the monster with a 'rapid regeneration' charm on it, almost fully recovered by now, the broken glass exoskeleton replaced by a modified organic version, it had jumped high enough to bring its massive over-sized claw to the point to deliver a devastating crab-hammer to the roof, strong enough to level the whole palace to the ground.

The fox-girl seems to reappear down at the courtyard, arrogantly ignoring the naginata user that began at charge at her.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:19 pm

*Trusting Raleigh to deal with the magic circle, Ambush rolls his eyes (literally, as in they spin in place in their sockets), and opens his mouth wide. Very wide. Ridiculously wide. Impossible-for-a-cat wide. Snapping-his-teeth-and-swallowing-the monster-whole wide. A slight bulge rolls down Ambush's neck and into his stomach, then disappears entirely... at which point a gulping noise is heard a few seconds behind everything else.*

I'll let the boys down in Manufacturing and Processing handle it and deal with the seals.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:20 pm

The anubis-girl hmphs at the fox-girl, looking even more agitated than before at her comments. The magic circle fails to affect her at all, as if her presence within it had been some sort of optical illusion..and she remains floating in place where the roof was when it collapses, still appearing to stand despite being on air. She audibly growls when the intruder gets closer to the naginata-wielder and--more importantly--the dreamer she's supposed to be protecting, and holds her hand up before twisting it as if turning an invisible doorknob...suddenly, the dream's reality warps, placing an infinitude of space between the dreamer and the fox-girl. Either of them attempting to move toward the other, even through the likes of teleportation, will appear to take them closer briefly only to then see each other being pushed back away to the same distance again. She then disappears in a puff of smoke, and her voice echoes ominously around the intruder: "Like, I can't believe I have to deal with this. You're so stupid, you don't even know whose turf you're in."

((EDIT: Missed Ambush's post somehow, derp. I'm unsure of the timeline but if the building doesn't go down after all we can pretend I didn't mention that happening.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:53 am

Ah, I was hoping she would try. I'd just dismiss the body once she had leaving her no better off. Also, if she had succeeded my minions would have had a fun quest. *Asserts an amount of control over the dream space shifting it around so that the circle is only under himself now so that he is the only one being drained. He then shrugs and looks down at the magic circle that is around him calmly reading it.* Let's see what this is supposed to be directing whatever it is draining to, yes?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:55 am

The effect of the magic circle, too weak to limit the mighty Ambush, as he successfully swallows the huge crab-monster before it could make an impact on the building. The creature as tasteful like a fresh seafood-wrap, with a minor touch desperation electrical shocking and maybe a hint of corruption in there too, but as tasteful as he could imagine, it's dream material anyway so pretty much based on imagination~

The palace was saved from destruction, well for the moment at least as the blazing flames weren't doing it any good, it wouldn't take to long before the building would start collapsing regardless. The anubis-girl uninterrupted by the magic circle is able to wrap the dream reality around, even-though with a bit more effort than expected, that 'invisible doorknob' seemed to be somewhat rusty, but still giving the demanded effect.
"Oyoki, you are not getting away this time!.. W-what?!", the dreamer speaks up, surprised that suddenly she gets pushed back mid-air, not getting any closer anymore to the girl she called out as Oyoki. The other fox-girl just waves away the naginata warrior and giggles at the attempts of the getting any closer. "Don't look at me, I didn't do anything this time~", she taunts the dreamer, showing off her empty hands.

Same as Anna, Raleigh seems to take a bit more effort to shift the dream space, in this particular dream, than what he was counting on, but likely for him, a difference easy to ignore. Considering Ambush was still on his shoulder it is a bit difficult to make the circle only target himself...
After carefully analyzing the magic circle, its marks and the seal producing it... It didn't make much sense.. the energy drained was directed towards... the dreamer herself? Any energy sapped away by the still active seal, would convert it to positive life-energy, similar to the one used for healing magic and such. How could the intruder mess this up; wasn't she supposed to steal the energy away instead of just letting it go down the drain?
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:10 pm

"..Okay, like, this is way too fishy. You're coming with me." Anna reappears in midair with a lot of momentum behind a punch straight to the side of the fox-girl seemingly called Oyoki. This is no ordinary punch, though: If it so much as contacts something created or influenced by the girl, it pulls hard, like a sharp burst of gravity, at her consciousness, her magic, her very being and influence, and tries to knock it out of this particular dream and into the larger dream world, a space not tied to any particular person's dream.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:12 am

Well this is a lethal situation. My energy is toxic to others. I was thinking she was just using it to power something. *Unexpectedly to only very few, Raleigh genuinely can hardly move inside the spell circle. These things are more binding to him than any amount of physical binds could ever be after all. Still, it isn't gleipnir either so minor movement is possible.* Ambush, you might want to hop off if you can. I'm going to have to do something foolish to stop this before it causes lethal damage to the dreamer.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:00 am

*sees another version of himself appearing down on solid ground in a ball of fire*

Up, over and gone. Deflagrate muri tempi et intervalia!

*The Ambush currently on the roof disappears in a similar fireball, leaving the one down on the ground to take precedence.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:21 pm

Very close but not enough, an active charm hidden underneath her clothes granted Oyoki enough speed and agility to quickly dodge out of the way of the punch; fast but graceful, like a dancer putting on a performance, she swiftly avoided making any contact with Anna. Guess coming from a place with a history of ninjas that could assassinate a person in an instant, one should always take some precautions against opponents they know little about.
"So clingy, tush tush~...", as she plucks a paper-talisman from thin air, writings roughly translated to "Recall", even without anyone necessary to read it, a visual image of Anna appears, doing a similar action to what she did earlier, creating an infinitude of space between Oyoki and Anna by the using the power of the dream reality. "I know you are such a big fan, but please respect personal boundaries", her sardonic plea not holding long before bursting in an other round of giggles.

Noticing Ambush appearing now on the ground, then giving a slight glance to Raleigh still getting drained, "You visitors are too kind~ Giving your energy, lending your abilities, all so generous. Oh, that reminds me~" She turns the dreamer in with a treacherous grin, "Do you remember General Habano and Taira the swift... How they gave it their all to try and stop me?" A state of dread could be seen from the former-armor's face as she begged "No.. please don't..", as by the thought itself two bodies begin to form into the dream. "They made such good servants afterwards. So much stronger too when there is still an actual master inside than just an animated-armor like yourself." The bodies finished to form, two individuals wearing red and blue armor, similar to the design of what the dreamer once used to be, they appear to be undead however, animated by the talisman attached to their helmets.

"These guests have been all too generous, please repay them with a little 'fun'~", No more was needed for the warriors to go into action. The blue-armored woman unsheathes her sword and instantly a razor cutting tornado gust towards the anubis-girl; while the red-armored man lifts his weapon up and soon a pillar made out of earth materializes in the air and moves in a similar fashion in a downwards swing with intent to crush the recently arrived cat.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:34 pm

((Okay, I'll admit now I'm having an escalation problem here where a lot of things I think Anna could do and would want to do sound a lot like godmodding and I really don't want to do that. The way her powers work in the dream realm is like they're in a computer program and she has root level access. I'm not exactly sure what I should do about it; it would be out of character for her to stop trying to kick Oyoki out of the dream but it seems like there's some kind of idea of what's really going on being revealed. I think I'd rather admit to the issue than keep what I first wrote here for now.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse