Dreamscape: A blazing nightmare

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Dreamscape: A blazing nightmare

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Somewhere within a pocket dimension nearby, inside Wolf's abandoned house, a former armor turned into fox-girl is having a rather unpleasant dream...

Inside the dream, the battlefield, a demolished courtyard in front of a burning palace; a fight going on between a naginata warrior and what looks like a huge sea-monster. The one holding the weapon appears to be a tall, hairy and muscled man, that appears to also have fox ears and a tail. On his back, however, seems to be fox-girl dreamer herself, hanging on to him, while her limbs somehow covering his body in a plate-like armor fashion. The huge monster looks more like some sort of mutant with a big lobster-like body, standing on four larger legs, six giant squid tentacles sprouting from its back, and a head similar to that of a fearsome crab; dragging around its oversized crab-claws, using them more like a sledgehammer than to grab hold of the agile naginata user. The monster easily seven stories high, would be around half the height of the palace, seems to also be covered by a few paper charms with ancient symbols them, mainly placed on top of its head.

The fight seems to be going on some-what evenly at the moment, but that might change if any dream-travelers would come to visit this particular dream.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Re: Dreamscape: A blazing nightmare

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:14 pm

*A voice, low and vicious, can be faintly heard over the din of battle. It seems to be humming something a bit creepily.*

The cat came back, the very next day...

*A shadow grows on the base of the monster's tentacles.*

The cat came back, they thought he was a goner...

*The shadow fully forms into Ambush, eyeing the monster he's seated on as if it were his next lunch.*

But the cat came back... he just couldn't stay awayyyy.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:12 am

Hello, what is all this then? *Raleigh appears in his latest form looking up at the monster and Ambush popping up on it.* Yo Ambush. You hungry? I have a large crab cracker on hand if we need it. *Keeps an eye on the talismans upon the creature reading them to see if they will tell him anything about it.* Onmyōdō usage?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:19 pm

When it comes to varying abilities and mass, I'm always hungry. >^_^< Right now I'm just waiting to see if the monster reacts to my presence or not.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:47 pm

When Raleigh arrived as well, witnessing the fight going on, he also noticed that the naginata user looked like different version of his ally Fox.. a bit more brute and wild in appearance, as if been hit by an extreme dose of manliness, the blank expressionless face would make it appear he was just a body controlled by the 'foxgirl-armor' that he was 'wearing'.
Examining the paper talismans, they do appear as Onmyōdō or more an alternative-dimension-variation on it at least. If he majored in ancient-multi-dimensional-magic-symbols&writings, he'll be able to figure out the charms gives of enchantments to the creature making it very resilient to magic, increased strength, long lasting endurance and rapid regeneration and... huh what's that? One of the charms translates to "No peeking~". If he was able to able to read into the charms he now was hit by a curse that brought forward a massive amount of pain into his eyes, similar to directly looking at the sun for too long.

The creature doesn't seem to have noticed the cat upon its tentacle, regardless in the heat of combat it used set tentacle to sweep around the ground in a powerful swing to hit the warrior; depending on how good Ambush's grip is, it might be difficult to hang on to the tentacle. Jumping up to dodge, the naginata user got hit by one of the massive crab-claws that smashed him onto the stone floor, creating a mini-crater. As the dust settles, the warrior appears to be blocking off the attack with his weapon and dislocated solid-shadow supporting him, holding the claw above himself as his leg and knee are partly buried into the ground.

The arrival of the dream-travelers didn't go unnoticed, however, as someone lurking on top of the burning palace's roof seems more than happy that more entertainment has arrived.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Their arrivals didn't go unnoticed in another way, as well; a cloud of black smoke appears near Raleigh and a girl resembling this but in cut off jean-shorts, a tank top, and some gold bracelets on appears, looking deeply annoyed. "Okay, like, who's here and not supposed to be?" She points to Raleigh first, and then Ambush: "You, you...oh, you again. Did I leave you in the dream world by accident, I don't remember how our last meeting ended or whatever? Anyway you're like totally violating the sanctity of a new dreamer's first dream and stuff."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:08 am

*Tears out his eyes and tosses them away as new ones reform which is faster than waiting for the minor pain to clear.* Cute. *Turns to the lady who is talking to him.* Oh? I'm just traveling through. I have need of finding out what is in this kiddo's head so I am here to do so. So do calm down, if you would. Or not and we can duke it out after I'm done finding what I'm looking for if we must.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:41 am

*Ambush manages to stay put, even as the monster continues its attack.*

Whatevr89532 wrote:Their arrivals didn't go unnoticed in another way, as well; a cloud of black smoke appears near Raleigh and a girl resembling this but in cut off jean-shorts, a tank top, and some gold bracelets on appears, looking deeply annoyed. "Okay, like, who's here and not supposed to be?" She points to Raleigh first, and then Ambush: "You, you...oh, you again. Did I leave you in the dream world by accident, I don't remember how our last meeting ended or whatever? Anyway you're like totally violating the sanctity of a new dreamer's first dream and stuff."

*rolls his eyes* Lady, I'm a cat and I go where I full well please. Dreams are meant to be bizarre anyway, so what do I care?

And on that note... *plays an advertisement (the first thirteen seconds of this video) through his ears*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:30 am

*Chuckles.* You know, I wonder how this creature would hold up to some old fashioned alchemy? Maybe turn its shell into glass.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:21 pm

I call dibs on what's left of it! *licks his lips hungrily*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Whatevr89532 wrote:Anyway you're like totally violating the sanctity of a new dreamer's first dream and stuff."

Unfortunately, if one could deduce from some other parts of the dreamer's mind that already appear to be somewhat damaged, one could assume the sanctity was already violated before either of them arrived.
Even though it is pretty uncommon for an armor to be transformed in such a way that it be able to dream, something else unnatural seems to be present, interfering with what is going on with the dream.

Raleigh wrote:*Chuckles.* You know, I wonder how this creature would hold up to some old fashioned alchemy? Maybe turn its shell into glass.

If considering both the resistances the monster and the charm protecting it, the magic needs to contain a high level of power to have any effect on this creature.

The armored man, commanding the shadow-duplicate to hold the claw up, uses his naginata to break open the ground in front of him with a dragon-flame influences power-strike. The attack causing a minor quake, indulged in flames, causing the huge monster to be pushed away and smash it's back into one of the wall towers of the courtyard. Some of the lower tentacles do fall onto the ground or into the wall.
This was enough to lift up its giant claw, giving the warrior an opportunity to escape and leap backwards, readying himself for an other attack.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm

The anubis-girl glares at Ambush. "Yeah, yeah, cats do what they want. You know you, like, already told that joke, right?" Her attention turns to Raleigh next. "Look, like, I'm just tryin' to do my job here. And it's supposed to be my day off, but it's like, whatever. So tell me what exactly it is you--waitwaitwait. Like, you two just got here?" she interrupts herself, looking to Raleigh and Ambush. "Grrr, you're not even what I'm looking for! You're giving them a distraction! So like, since you're still not supposed to be here but the least you could do is help me catch them." She raises her hands in front of her and a puff of sparkly black smoke generates something resembling maybe a gyroscope or a 3D compass. After catching it in a left paw she watches the needle in the middle intently. Said needle is made to point toward anything foreign to the armor-girl's dream that isn't Raleigh or the cat.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:38 pm

The armored man, commanding the shadow-duplicate to hold the claw up, uses his naginata to break open the ground in front of him with a dragon-flame influences power-strike. The attack causing a minor quake, indulged in flames, causing the huge monster to be pushed away and smash it's back into one of the wall towers of the courtyard. Some of the lower tentacles do fall onto the ground or into the wall.
This was enough to lift up its giant claw, giving the warrior an opportunity to escape and leap backwards, readying himself for an other attack.

*A giant three-pronged stinger on a garden hose-like tube grows out of one of Ambush's whiskers, lashing out and spearing several of the tentacles as they fall. The tips of the stingers morph into vacuum cleaners, siphoning the tentacles into the cat's body.*

Cherry-flavored lobster? Eh, it ain't the strangest thing I've eaten. Has all the consistency of a Jolly Rancher, though, which ain't surprising.

The anubis-girl glares at Ambush. "Yeah, yeah, cats do what they want. You know you, like, already told that joke, right?"

"Grrr, you're not even what I'm looking for! You're giving them a distraction! So like, since you're still not supposed to be here but the least you could do is help me catch them."

*fanged grin* When did I say it was a joke? ... *frowns* And wait, catch who now?
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:53 am

The needle of the compass starts to wiggled around a bit, mostly between the huge crab monster and the person on the roof of the palace. The monster appears to only contain a little amount of foreign energy within it, part of the environment seems to radiate some too, likely to keep the dream a bit more 'stable' and less chaotic than how dreams normally flow. The biggest source by far.. would be.. the other fox-girl?!
Lying on her stomach, resting her chin on her hands, joyfully wiggling her legs; she seems to be amused by the fight going on; apparently not bothered at all by being on top of a building coated in flames.

The monster finally reacts to the assault from the cat, part of its shell on its back pops open, as something underneath it seems to grow and blow up in size, looking similar to a big bundle of jelly... like a jellyfish. Soon after, a massive amount of electricity seems to be generated within it and getting transferred into the tentacles! This appetite might give a shocking aftertaste~

The warrior takes this opportunity of distraction to slam the ground again, using the naginata of the shadow this time. When chunks of debris fly in the air, he bats them off in one fierce swing of dragon flame, propelling them as a fiery barrage to the front of the monster.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:39 am

Anna Naifeh, not too used to doing the whole guardian thing against an actual threat yet, eh? That is alright. Let an ancient guide of dreams show you some tricks, yes? *Teleports onto the electrified bits of the creature with a smile.* Did you know I absorb electricity? At a factor of getting four times the energy out of the yield? By the way, alchemy as this isn't magic. It is an entirely different skill set in this case. Think a more odd form of science. *Drains in all the electrical build up before jumping in front of the creature and tapping its carapace. A conversion circle appears there before he alters its external structure to glass.*

Now then, how about we deal with the actual problem, yes? *His voice can be heard from behind the other fox girl.* Hello, and you are?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse