Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Breaking and Re-entering

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:52 am

Fox and Goggles, both freshly-made people to some extent, though the first holds the memories of another and the second the memories of an aged object not presently on her, wander to the outskirts of Muffinville, to a calm-looking hilly field of grass. The former looks around as if expecting to see something, before eventually shrugging. "Well, there used to be a forest here. Should be even easier to spot the door without it."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:16 pm

"And here I thought doors were commonly placed in residential area... but hiding it in a 'forest'.. or a field makes way more sense~" She says with a friendly tone of sarcasm. Knowing well that the doorway or gate likely was well hidden for a reason; but couldn't help teasing him for the obvious.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:34 pm

"I could move the door's location here around from inside the house," says Fox, glancing back and forth while slowly walking. "I did usually keep it in an alley in the city, up against a wall where it just looked like any other door. But the last I remember it was in Whatevr's forest. I guess whatever happened to me also did something to that." Over the next hill and a short ways off is an ordinary-looking wooden door just standing up on the ground by itself, which he doesn't seem to have noticed yet due to its being straight forward and his attention off to the sides.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:36 pm

"Umm, Fox... Could it be that door standing there in the middle of nowhere" Goggles speaks up pointing out the wooden door standing by itself? "Even though to most my existence, I have been able to see things in multiple visual layers.. but this door doesn't seem very well hidden for a 'secret door'.. besides being placed in a less occupied location."
If the door was this obvious, she wonders how many people might have already found it by now and tried to open it.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:20 pm

"Ah, yes, that's it," Fox nods. He moves swiftly up to it. "It's not supposed to be a secret at all. The security to this door is, well.." To demonstrate, he opens the door to reveal...just the open hills behind it. "It does this if you're the wrong person. And the magic that makes it work if the right person opens it is very well hidden. Dispels the whole link if you try to jury-rig it to open for someone else, too. This is why I need some help." After re-closing the door, he removes Raleigh's coin from his pocket and flips it.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:24 pm

*As the coin spins in the air it shifts form until Raleigh appears in its place and lands next to the two.* Ah, see that was easily enough done. So, what do you need me to do?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:48 pm

"I'd like you to examine the spell on this to see where it goes," he says, gesturing to the door, "and then break us another way into there. That requires some delicate work on the first part and really just raw power to get past my old wards on the second. I'll deal with the security from there; if I die trying that you have my permission to just jump in yourself and take whatever you want; otherwise we'd discuss payment after I have control in there. Is that acceptable?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:59 pm

Yeah that works. Stand back from the door please. *One of Raleigh's eyes suddenly takes on a more machine like appearance as it begins to scan over the door. Similarly two orbs float out from behind him to scan it as well. His other eye begins to shift between different appearances as it observes the more mundane world and his other senses begin to scan the door and its impact on space time, dimensional flow, the astral planes and the like.* Running the scan through all my senses to detect where it is supposed to lead to as well as the Avatar's computer. This shouldn't take too long.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:43 pm

The door's enchantment shows up before too long, but its nature is "locked" behind the identity of Wolf and Lyra from way back when. The sort of identity it tracks is something preserved under physical and mental transformation and even the like of reincarnation, but of course the form of "re-creation" that was applied to Fox is too much for it. The locking is something similar to computer encryption in magic enchantment form, where "inserting" the right "key" would decrypt the rest of the enchantment. So it's all visible but looks like nonsense while still encrypted.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Goggles sits down in the grass, patiently waiting for Raleigh to find a way in. Observing all those scan and visual tools he had at his disposal, she discovered yet an other new feeling she never had before; a slight sense of jealousy...
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am

Hm... *Like all locks, one can creates a key based on the configuration of the lock itself so he sets to work that out. Some of his magic and other senses begin to trace where the enchantment of the door itself would have lead through the dimensions if at all possible.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:33 am

Ungarbling the enchantment reveals a fairly straightforward space-linking spell which makes the door "open" to the inside of the front door of a building (Wolf's former home) in a small pocket dimension which just contains the (fairly large) building itself, including a small lawn and a few courtyards. The dimension itself has a bunch of fairly powerful wards intended to prevent people from doing things like making new enchantments linking to it, teleporting or phase-shifting or walking inside, or really any other form of intrusion. They're all being upheld by something inside the mansion itself, because why would anyone put a shield generator anywhere but behind its own shield given the opportunity?

Fox sits a couple of feet off next to Goggles, taking the opportunity to rest briefly and think on what probably awaits them once inside. "...Are you familiar with the children's game, Floor is Lava?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:56 pm

Well found the path to your dimension. Want me to smash us through or shall I attempt to pick the enchantment and open the door?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 pm

She blinks briefly at the unusually question from Fox, "It's been a while since I have seen children playing that; making a mess in my former master's alchemist lab by doing so.."
"Why? Am I to suspect any lava inside your home?" she playfully sticks out her tongue.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 pm

"Well, not exactly. The security system infuses the floors with red color energy, though--intended to render a would-be intruder harmless, even though cute doesn't always mean harmless. I'm actually the avatar of Crimson, so I can block color energy from affecting me, but you'd be better off staying off the floors until I can get that system turned off."

Then he turns to Raleigh. "You may as well try if you want, now that you know where it points. If it detects anything funny going on, it'll dispel itself instantly, but if you succeeded it might buy us thirty seconds or so before the defenses notice something is off and start activating. Crashing the barriers can be plan B."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Next

Return to the Muffinverse