Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Goggles wasn't sure how to respond to Lyra's remark, should she consider that a compliment? With a blank stare, she answers, "Thanks..?"
Coming closer to the sword that got examined, "Well didn't we already consider they were in a bad earlier? Do you think our combined methods won't be enough to fix.. 'François'?"

The tiny donut-girl climbs her way down towards the soup container. "Chicken soup, looks green, weird green, looks special, I wanna try~", she tells Lyra pointing towards the soup. "But I, don't like, cold soup... Can you, help warm, it up~?"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 pm

"I was somewhat hoping he would've calmed down after being in normal sleep for a bit," Fox admits.
"I'm not too worried about the extent being too much. But you don't want to do heart surgery for a liver problem," Lyra explains by way of metaphor. "But speaking of that, I've been thinking about how to make things work together without any risk of a problem, and I believe I have a solution." A piece of paper sparkles into view slightly above her, which she catches on the way down and offers to Goggles. It's completely filled in almost-illegibly tiny text. "Wish for the sword to follow these instructions. That's basically instructions on how to 'fuel' the work of a program I wrote for Lexica based on the readouts."
Fox's ears display a bit of confusion. "When did you...do that?"
"While I was answering her question, duh."

"Sure," Lyra responds cheerfully. She waves vaguely at the can of soup, using some telekinesis to levitate it toward herself, and reaches out and 'grabs from the air' a metal bowl. Once the can is nearby, the tab pops up and the top comes off, and it's poured into the bowl. Finally, the place where her hand is contacting the bowl starts to glow red, radiating heat. "This is a nice place and all, but do you want to keep going until you've explored the whole thing in one go? I mean, I can arrange it if you want--move all this stuff to my house so the Heir's kitchen is freed up for other stuff--but you do get full eventually, right?"
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 am

Goggles would try to read it, but without her item-body, it was rather hard for her to read what was written on the paper if the text was this small. "Hmmm..", she says having some doubt about wishing for something she could read; that was like signing a contract without looking. Though given she had no real reason to not trust Lyra, she agrees and says "Wiss, unless this is something harmful, I wish for you to follow these instructions on the paper to the best of your ability"

The tiny donut-girl tilts her head again, "Oh~? I don't, need to, try out, food anymore~? If you, move all, the food, away, then I don't, need to, try it, to keep, people safe~" Sadly her only 'mission' and, the only purpose she had for existing, was just to try out food to keep people safe. if the food wasn't endangering anyone, she didn't have a need to try it out anymore, but also no idea what else to do for now.
It might also be weird to pick up that, if tested, she didn't gain any extra mass from eating. it wouldn't be unlikely to assume any of the food she consumes gets converted into the donuts on her head after causing a certain effect on the body as a 'display' to what the tainted effect might be.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:56 pm

There's nothing really objectionable there, the sword reports to Goggles first. It's instructions that could fit into two small sentences along with a comprehensive list of safeties to ensure I don't give Lexica sapience.
Lyra nods at a signal nobody else sees, and a full-body hologram of Lexica appears standing before her. "Executing program." The hologram's arms spread out, and then the rapier is enveloped in cylinders of digital-looking holographic boxes, and starts to glow brightly.
"Our goal just now is to wake up any and all memories that got severed or damaged by the long sleep," she explains. "With luck he'll remember enough to recognize my ID, soul, thought pattern or some other thing and then calm down knowing someone he knows is around."

"Technically it was already decided they didn't want the stuff in this pantry because it's basically all unsafe. I thought you were doing this because you enjoyed it, though." The soup bubbles pleasantly as it reaches the right heat for consumption. Lyra places the hot bowl carefully on the nearest surface to wherever the girl is just now. "You need a spoon or anything?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:18 pm

Goggles nods at the explanation, then continue to watch the working of the program upon the sword.

"Oh..~", the tiny donut-girl says, finally getting it, she felt unneeded and started to look rather sad now, sitting down and hugging her legs. "So I'm, useless then.. No one, needs me, to try, their food...~"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:59 pm

The rapier does stop vibrating around. "Hi there François, good to...Oh oh. Ah, switch forms, Fox. Solange incoming."
Fox nods, switching forms back to the male one with the swords, and draws one of them none too soon. The scimitar from earlier comes swinging in from a side door and he jumps over to intercept it, starting something resembling a duel with an invisible opponent on top of one of the couches. "You seem sane enough! Do you recognize Lyra over there?" The fact it continues attacking suggests it does not.

"Aww, nobody's useless," says Lyra. "There's all kinds of people I'm sure would like your help. They're just not necessarily in this one particular house or pantry."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:28 am

Observing the other sword appearing, not all too worried for Fox to presumably win that battle, but Goggles rather wanted to let things be safe than sorry, so she wishes, "Wiss, I'd like you to hold that sword attacking Fox, in place so it won't be able to do any harm until we can it. If you can do that without hampering what you were instructed to form the precious wish, then I wish for this to happen."

She looks up, more hopeful than before, "Really~? Can you, help me, find them?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Should be easy to grant. The rapier moves as if being pushed on by some invisible walls, and quickly becomes stuck in place pointing straight up, floating in front of Fox.
"Thanks, Goggles," he nods, putting away his own weapons.
The scimitar glows white, and reshapes itself, rapidly growing to a humanoid form before the glow subsides. She's still being held in midair by the wish, awkwardly floating in a psuedo-standing position with the arms at the sides. Her eyes look fierce, and very annoyed at the moment. "Graaah...no fair using wishes!"
Lyra seems to be concentrating on some mental communication with François still, satisfied Solange is more or less dealt with.

"Sure," the fox-Lyra nods. "I think I might be better equipped than a lot of people, actually; I have connections to a pretty sizable network of contacts and know lots of people I wouldn't want poisoned."
Last edited by Whatevr89532 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:52 pm

"You are welcome, but I'd give the credit to Wiss, I only formed the words, they performed the magic needed to fix this issue", she says then goes closer to inspect the stuck sword.
Then when it started to take on a human form, it was quite fascinating to her to see how the different features of the sword reformed into their human counterparts, and which parts changed to form as clothing.
"When you engage us in combat like that, it was never stated you were going to have a 'fair' fight. You should be happy I didn't wish for something more punishing in nature", Goggles says to the woman.

The tiny donut-girl's eyes start to sparkle, "Really~?! Thank you, thank you~!" If Lyra was close enough she jumps to her to give her a hug.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Solange hmphs. "A blunt one, aren't you. At least the new Heir has more of a spine than Wolf did."
"Hey now, I have plenty of spine," Fox crosses his arms.
She manages to barely turn her head Fox's way, the wishing stone still holding on to her. "I do not know why you take offense, stranger, but I guarantee you Wolf would've apologized profusely for his rudeness and then asked what the most convenient time and place and rules to have a proper duel would be." Lyra chuckles lightly at this while Fox just looks away, strongly suggesting it's dead on. "Well anyway, you got me. What'll it take to not be stuck in place here for eternity?"

((Decided to give Solange a text color just for differentiation purposes.))

Lyra's still sitting pretty close by, and gently returns the hug with one hand. "Always happy to help out eager new heroes." Whenver the hug's concluded she says, "Now, I think I have to set something up here before we head back to my place to decide who you want to work for, okay?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:59 am

"There will be no need for a duel, or at least not in this household", Goggles says with a sigh. Turning to Fox partly ignoring the upset sword, and ask him, "Is her 'normal state' also this aggressive? If she is going to be troublesome regardless I might prefer to just keep her immobilized..."
Giving Solange a stern look, "The walls could always use some more decoration"

The tiny-donut-girl nods her head eagerly and says, "Okay~"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:30 pm

"Solange likes competition but hates losing, so this is more her being sore about that, even if it wasn't 'fair'," says Fox. "I can't imagine being chased off by astral blades earlier did much for her mood, either. She has a certain sense of honor; if you have her swear to something she won't break that oath."
"Yeah, sure, talk about me like I'm not here..."
"François thinks this is hilarious," Lyra adds.
"He would. 'Least I didn't go psycho just from sleeping a few extra decades."

"Alright. I'll be back in a minute," says the fox-Lyra, standing up and heading out to the kitchen to get a soul-scanner set up. While she's away, the warm bowl of soup is still there. Sure, nobody needs that tested, but it does still smell pretty good.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:22 pm

Goggles nods at Fox's explanation then turns to Solange to ask her, "So did you have any reason to wake up? The others still remained asleep, even after so long, so what happened? Did the alarm ever activate before our arrival?"

After Lyra left the tiny donut-girl skipped her way to the big bowl of soup. Looking at it, still curious if she should give it a try.. but she didn't have a spoon though, just a fork and a 'knife'.. If only she had a spoon then her trinity of cutlery would be complete~
Though, having no way to do it properly, she grabs the edge and tries to tilt the bowl downwards toward her, just enough so she could take a sip of it. But given the relative size of the bowl compared to her own, balancing it to not fully fall over would be very tricky.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:11 pm

"Uhh, the same alarm woke me up as everyone else?" Solange says, as if this should be obvious.
"It's been more than a few decades since I..since Wolf disappeared," says Fox.
"Duh. Did nobody else think to change the time settings for their cases?"

No sooner does the girl just start to tip over the bowl than a small clattering sound can be heard next to her. A plate has appeared, along with a spoon, both teleported in in such a way that the spoon would fall an inch or so and make that noise. The bowl plus soup is probably heavy enough that just beginning to tip didn't knock anything over just yet.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:57 am

"Hmm, can you recall how many times the alarm went off since Wolf disappearance?", Goggles asks partly concerned that some other powerful individuals might have broken into the home before they did. Wiss and the other swords remained asleep during their arrival, while François was awake regardless, so waking up the swords shouldn't have been part of the alarm, unless Solange was tasked to protect the house. But what made her wake up then before they broke in?

The donut-girl looks behind and finds the spoon on the plate, then happily takes it without questioning it and returns to the bowl of soup. Maneuvering the spoon over the bowl's edge, trying to get some soup scooped up to then bring it to her mouth to give it a small sip.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse