Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 pm

Fox takes a moment to chew and swallow her food before answering. "I would suggest making a sandwich. Bread, meat, cheese..you must have seen people making sandwiches while you were an object, right? You can pick which bread, or meat, randomly at first until you know what you like best. Then you can just pick it up and.." This point the crimson avatar demonstrates by picking her own up and taking another large bite of it.

Lyra tries to preempt the jumping-on by just placing the bar on the table near the girl where she can easily reach it. The nanomachines inside of it are designed to turn a person's hair bright blue, by altering the pigment-producing parts of the body and then just dying what hair there already is on the person's head.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:27 am

Yes, I have seen people make these, just never understood if there was any logic put in their order... If it all comes in the same past the mouth, what would it have mattered to have either meat or cheese on-top?" Goggles shrugs, making a sandwich didn't seem that difficult, just making sure both the bottom and the top were layers of bread and then anything could be in between, right? So of course if she had to start testing, she had to calibrate the base first. She picks up two slices of bread, places them on top of each other with nothing in between and takes a big bite. Chewing, and more chewing, she honestly didn't know how long humans were possessed to chew for.. 50 times should likely be sufficient. She swallows and says what disappointed, "I suppose the taste of food is acceptable, but not as impressive as I thought it would be. It feels quite bland and dry, and a chore to consume..."

The tiny girl happily takes a bite of the chocolate and moments later, as expected, the hair of the small donut girl turns bright blue. The donut with the mushroom decorations on them, now also starts to contain drawings of swirly blue locks of hair; while the other donut next to it still remains in its undecorated base form. She smiles, not giving any sign if she noticed or cared about the change in her hair. She says, "Tastes yummy~ All safe~"
Under a magical scanner one would see, that since no magical energy was used to create the effect, some of the girl's mana-pool was used to create a similar but magical effect and transferred to the donut on her head. Whether or not she was aware of this was unclear.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Fox giggles. "You just took a bite of pure bread. That's a bit like taking a look at a gray wall and then deciding you don't like seeing because the colors you saw so far aren't interesting enough."

"Hmn." Lyra tilts her head slightly. "Tech-magic conversion..pretty good stuff. But it does have to be in food... Do you have a maximum of two things you can eat before you have to make a new donut out of them, or is that just something you can choose to do when you want to?" she asks.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:01 pm

"I suppose that is a reasonable statement to make. Guessing this is why humans tend to add a variety of things in between them then." She looks at the available options of food to add to her sandwich. Either she could try each, one by one or.. why not try them all at once? That would certainly be more time efficient and if all food was considered eatable, any composition of it should be fine. So Goggles opens up the two slices of bread and starts adding, parts of all pieces of food provided on the table, making a rather stacked sandwich.

The tiny donut-girl gives Lyra a confused look, "Maxi-mom~??.. I dunno, what that is~ Do you, want me, to make, a donut, for you~?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Making a Dagwood sandwich doesn't seem too likely to end badly with the particular spread available here, but Fox does wave at the lich girl briefly in the middle of her stacking. "Hey, make sure it'll still fit in your mouth."

"Let me put it another way," says the witch. "Do you ever feel like you ate too many weird things and you have to make a donut, or is it just something you can do if you want to?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Goggles listens to Fox then looks back at her sandwich tower... She spreads her mouth and measures it with her fingers, then takes it to the sandwich to compare. "You have a solid point there Fox. This 'food eating' is a lot more complex than I first anticipated it to be."

The tiny tilts her head, still not sure about the question. Cutely offering the piece of chocolate, "Don't have, to make donut~? You want, chocolate instead~?" It might not be clear for Lyra since this happened before her arrival, but after the tiny girl re-emerged from making a donut, she had lost her monkey tail. Neither Fox or Goggles mentioned this to her, however.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 pm

"Mmn..with enough practice, it becomes second nature. Or...first nature, really. It's just that people who start out able and needing to eat have years of practice before you ever tend to really meet them."

Lyra gently shakes her head. "Awh, you can finish it if you want. Or, well.." Waving a hand, she opens a nearby door to a pantry filled with the 'trapped' foods. "If you just wanna try a bunch of single bites of things there's that. No need to freeze yourself in the refrigerator."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Goggles nod, "I see..." Giving her sandwich another look, the only issue really was that it wouldn't fit her mouth, in its current size. She grabs the wishing-stone-sword and kindly asks, "Can I request a minor wish for this sandwich to be bite-size? I assume something like this requires not a lot of energy to do so, or am I wrong?"

The tiny donut girl jumps up, all cheery, happy to help with trying out all that 'special' food. "Oki-dokii~ Imma try, all yummy food~", she says happy skipping towards the pantry.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:44 pm

There are many interpretations of that wish, most of which are easy enough to do. The easy 'physical shrinking' effect would be temporary and dangerous to anyone who actually eats it when it wears off, but I wouldn't do that unless you asked for it specifically.

The pantry has sections of chips, cookies, various kinds of flour, sugar, spices, so on and so forth...no telling what enchantments or strange effects all that stuff has on it!

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:54 am

"Hmm, but wouldn't the food be transferred into energy already by the point it would potentially grow back to its original size? But thank you for your warning. Are there any methods that you would recommend?", Gog asks the sword, but out loud enough it could also be heard by the people at the table.

Seems the donut-girl preferred to start with something sweet, still having the chocolate flavor in her mouth, she decided to grab a random cookie and give it a bite.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:06 pm

I could use force similar to a cutting knife and chop off a piece of the sandwich which is bite-sized horizontally, or just pull its contents out until it was bite-sized vertically, or both. Minor physical effects like those cost next to nothing and have no drawback that actually cutting it with a knife or removing those contents wouldn't already have. For the vertical option, if it's small enough already, I could also just make a strong downward pushing force from the top and crush it down, and with a strong enough force and weak enough sandwich it wouldn't be in danger of popping back up afterward.

The small girl finds a chocolate-chip cookie with a tongue-lengthening enchantment. On a full-size human the tongue would grow an inch or two of new length, but the enchantment only makes this physical change without any convenient alterations to the way one is used to controlling one's mouth, usually making speech and eating and so on much more awkward.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 am

Goggles shrugs, "I suppose that could work. Wishing stone, I wish that you'd use before mentioned methods to cut and force the sandwich into bite-sized pieces without reducing the flavor content so I can give it a proper taste evaluation."

The tiny girl eats and then finds it more and more troublesome to chew and talk as her tongue grows, compared to her smaller body, at the same scale as it would if she were full-sized. "Whaa~ Twhis cwookwie, twastes fuwnny~", she says with a mouth full of tongue. The donut with the size-growth and blue-hair enchantment in them now also receive a tongue lengthening enchantment as long tongue decorations form in the frosting, while the other donut still remains unchanged.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:10 pm

The wishing stone gives a mental nod, and there are a few wind-like shff sounds from where Goggles's sandwich is, visibly splitting it into 16 small pieces. Then with a slightly louder sound quite like a person hitting a piece of bread with their hand, the sandwich is pressed down, some of the stuff in it getting squished out the sides of the outer pieces, but the inner pieces remaining basically intact. Fox sniggers a bit, wiping a stray bit of cheese from the squashing off her top. "It's a bit like using Thor's hammer to squish a mosquito."

"It made your tongue bigger," Lyra observes, coming slightly closer. "That might make it slightly harder to eat other things without biting it..."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:59 am

"If having the proper equipment available, why not strive for the most effective desired outcome possible?", with her tone, it was hard to make out if she was being serious or joking when saying that.
She takes a small piece of the sandwich and examines it thoroughly. "Hopefully this piece of food is worth it though", she says before putting it in her mouth.

The donut-girl nods, and takes out her tongue, holding it with her hands to look it over. "Iwt iz kindwa, twoubleswome...", she says struggling and frowning. "Ewwy gwo, bwye-bye~", and then all the sudden, the enlarged tongue and it's drawings on her head, vanish as if they were never a part of her, and a donut materializes in the air above her in a poof. She catches it when it falls down, and while holding it, anyone looking at it could see that those previously lost decorations were now part of its frosting. The blue hair-locks and size increase mushroom drawings were still present on one of the donuts on her head.
"Much better now~" She puts the donut roughly her size down and starts to skips to the next piece of food, a sugar cube.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:12 am

Of course exactly how good the sandwich bite tastes to Goggles depends on her personal tastes, but Lyra used pretty high-quality stuff to make the spread, and a random pick probably has an even enough amount of meat and cheese. It probably isn't a disaster, at least.

This particular sugar cube has a touch of violet energy in it, not enough to have the full effects of tomapple consumption but normally enough for minor physical effects and at least some ditziness. Meanwhile, Lyra uses some low-level telekenesis to lift the freshly-made donut and bring it closer to her for some more detailed analysis.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse