Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:04 pm

"I'm guessing what Lyra has is more specifically tuned and wouldn't need much guesswork. But there's no reason we couldn't use both, like if you asked the wishing stone to help out." Fox's sandwich is mostly gone; she'll probably be ready to head off on the tour soon enough.

Lyra kneels over and reaches to get the donut, it doesn't look all that comfortable to wear. "I'll have a later me join you if you like. I'd welcome the help of a conscious entity like that in directing Lexica's steps, sure."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:36 pm

"I suppose if both methods are compatible with each other...", she says taking another sandwich piece ready to eat. "How many swords under the unstable-mind condition are still in the house? Or are the two we encountered the only ones?", Goggles asks before munching on her sandwich piece silently waiting for an answer.

The donut-girl lets Lyra take the oversized (for her) donut off from her shoulders, and says "Thank you~" She looks at the group having a conversation, she wasn't following but even if she did, she likely wasn't able to understand much of what the intellectuals were speaking off. So her eyes wander to what other food to try out; that was her mission after all~
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:43 pm

"My memories cut off at a certain point, so I can't say for sure. There could be as many as ten...Lyra?"
Another Lyra, back in her 'original' tall witch form, appears on one side of the table. "I did a quick scan before coming back. Looks like there's five, but the other three are still fully dormant, so they might be just fine when we wake 'em up."
"How did you scan this place for souls remotely?"
"I didn't. That me will set up a scanner in the kitchen before she leaves to become this me," she says, indicating the pantry.

"Welcome!" fox-Lyra poofs the donut to the storage area she put the earlier one in. There are several more bags of chips near the chips she just burned to a crisp. On some of the nearby shelves there are various kinds of packaged cookies, and bags of every kind of M&M there is. On down from there are cans of soup, followed by things like flour, sugars and spices intended for use in cooking. "Do you like being, y'know...tiny?" she asks.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:10 am

Goggles almost done with her sandwich, now at the last piece, eager to eat it too, but also saddened that there wasn't more of it. This consumption of food was strangely very appealing, no wonder some humans became overweight from eating.
She obverses the second Lyra for a moment and listens. "Hmmm, time travel I presume? Didn't you two mention that such was rather dangerous to do?", she asks referring to Fox and the wishing stone, that explained the complications of with going back in time.

The tiny donut-girl gives fox-Lyra a confused look and answer, "I'm not, tiny...? You all, are like, super biggy~" She spreads her arms to emphasize how big the others were. Very convinced she was of 'normal' height and even if the world around her didn't seem very fit for someone her size, that didn't bother her at all.
Rather not burn things down again, she leaves the variety of chips alone and traveled her way towards the M&M. She jumps, walks and climbs her way, around the pantry as if it was a mountain, making her heroic mission all that more adventurous~
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 pm

"Personal history is dangerous, but..." Fox takes the last of her sandwich in her mouth.
"If you're aware of yourself from the moment the future you appears, you can always avoid paradoxes but just doing exactly what you remember your future self doing," Lyra explains. "Like a specially choreographed dance. I have a few special advantages when it comes to memory, on top of the fact that time in a lot of universes likes avoiding paradoxes this way and nudges things toward that happening naturally. Like here: I'm telling you what I remember hearing myself telling you with those fox ears, but it also comes naturally from what you asked me. It can work to one's disadvantage is if you stack multiple selves in a dangerous situation and watch a later one have something bad happen to them, so I try to avoid that."

Lyra nods, seeing the adventure. "Well, I was going to suggest finding you some kind of size-changing power so you could be giant around giants if you wanted to. You'd be able to cross great distances quickly when the time to get something done is short. Or..if someone you're fighting is big and is taking advantage of you being so much smaller than them, it'd be helpful to have."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 pm

"I see... So best only used if you are sure your previous self is willing to follow up on your future actions, or to use it when only one version of yourself is present at that current moment in time...", Goggles says, then takes the last piece of her sandwich into her mouth and she savors the flavor of it deeply, even when the expression on her face barely shows it.

Finally, she arrives at the bags of M&M, and even after all the jumping and climbing, she didn't look tired at all. She turns to Lyra and shames her head, "Can be, useful to have, but also, very dangerous~" The donut-girl didn't add much more to that and tries to open a bag of M&Ms.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Lyra nods. "I like to sometimes take advantage of that kind of inevitability paradox prevention by only going into a possibly risky place if I see a future me come out and nod to let me know I'll make it back out OK. It does create a bit of a bootstrap issue, but I choose not to worry about it and things usually work out fine. So, we can head out whenever you're ready. I'll clean the table up earlier."

"I guess so. Often the problem is being handed a power like that without really knowing how to control it, or having it jump out of control when you get surprised or something..." This bag contains some unusual two-tone M&M's, each of which "grants" an inability to distinguish the pair of colors on it when eaten. The red-green ones make sense biologically, but things like purple-blue less so. More interestingly, some of them appear to normal human eyes to just be one color anyway due to one or both of the tones being colors the human eye can't really see anyway. Still, eating a random handful is likely to immediately make a person mostly colorblind.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Goggles nods and swallows, finishing her first meal. Peeking at what the tiny donut-girl was doing and then back to Lyra, she says, "I'm ready. I also trust that you'll be able to take care of any 'tainted-food' after you had your fun testing things out here... But if this were to be my kitchen, I'd prefer it to not have content that could give me or guests any unwanted surprises."

The donut-girl eventually managed to open the bag, using her new useful bag-opening-sword. Looking at the M&Ms that rolled out, she decided to take a blue one.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:42 pm

"Yeah, I'll clean things up. If she only ever wants to eat possibly-tainted food I can always just move all this stock to somewhere in my own home and replace it with normal stuff," says Lyra. Fox stands up to head out, nods and leads the way toward they door back to the crystal room.

This one looks to just be blue, but is actually blue-ultraviolet swirl. The girl loses the ability to distinguish between blue and ultraviolet, which has the strange effect of allowing her to see ultraviolet light as blue light. This may not be immediately obvious to her in the artificial lighting of the pantry, though.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Goggles sighs, "Yes, thank you... And if she agrees, take the tiny girl with you. I don't think I have the patience to deal with her."
She follows Fox back to the crystal room. Though she would think they'd continue to the rooms following from the kitchen instead of going back, but.. she didn't know the orientation of the house, so decided to trust Fox and let him.. her continue with their tour.

The donut-girl blinks for a few seconds and looks at the half bitten blue M&M then around the room, and says,"Hm~? Tastes like, 'not-violet'~?" A diligently painted decoration of an iris that had a gradient of violet and blue, appeared on one of the donuts. And as for such a specific change getting even more enhanced and magically tweaked it was hard to tell what the true effect if it was now..but likely the effect was a lot stronger than just the inability to distinguish blue from ultraviolet now.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:31 pm

In short order, the group returns to the antechamber--the room with all the couches and TVs and so on. The rapier is where she left it, on one of the couches, while the scimitar seems to have left the room sometime after Raleigh's astral blades presumably dispelled themselves. "Well..there's one of them," she says. It's possible she prioritized finding these swords over the tour, at least for the moment. "Solange could be just about anywhere..."

Out of curiosity, the fox-Lyra tries some passive scans for enchantments on the girl while continuing to watch, sitting back on a cushy folding-kind-of-chair for the moment. (The chair wasn't in the pantry before, of course.)

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:53 pm

"Solange, is that the name of one of the swords?", Goggles asks but is not very surprised, though it did set her to think about the Wishing Stone Sword. "Say, Wishing Stone, is there perhaps another I may call you? Or do you prefer this name?"

As for enchantments present on the donut-girl, mostly stored now in the two donut on her head, one would contain the color energies Red and Violet, and the 'clarity' magic to dispel color energy; the other donut, however, had the size-growth and blue-hair enchantment, also the effect of only to see any form of violet as a shade of blue; all the different forms of magical effects in the donuts were represented in the frosting.
"Umm, lemmi try... green~", she says and takes a bite out of a green one.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:39 pm

"Right, the one Raleigh sicced some astral blades on."
"I'll ping for movement and probably get a lock on her," says Lyra, continuing up to the sword on the couch. "Let's see..this is, François, right?"
"Surprised you remember."
"Thank the database."
Meanwhile, Goggles' sword responds. I have been Wishing Stone for longer than I have been a sword, and it's been my name throughout both of those eras. You can nickname me or wish for my name to change if you want, but I am quite used to being named the object I am.

Lyra thinks to herself in the span of one supercomputer clock cycle: Well, at least nothing to do with color energy. They're not even supposed to be related to this 'trap'.
This "green" M&M is truly green and octarine striped, octarine being a color that only exists in certain universes, related closely to magic, described sometimes as a "purplish-green" color. Similar to the previous one, this one's usual effect would just cause someone who can't already see octarine to now be able to see it as just plain green. Interestingly, some of the food items in this pantry (not a great proportion, but enough to be in view just now) actually have octarine coloration due to their universes of origin.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:40 am

"Perhaps I could call you by the nickname of 'Wiss', as in Wi-shing S-tone S-word. Also, it is a wordplay on your functionality to be able to grant a 'wish'. It might not be as descriptive as Wishing Stone, but might be useful to refer to yourself if you ever were in human form again. What do you think?", Goggles suggests in a neutral tone, leaving the Wishing Stone to decide for itself if they were okay with such a nickname.

Something similar like before, the donut now contains an iris drawing of octarine and green.
"Tastes like, not octarine?", she gives the rest of the M&Ms a distasteful look, "These taste, so silly~ Like something, is lacking~" She looks around for what else to try. "Ah, I wanna, try that, green stuff", she says before skipping her way towards one of the octarine foods.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:58 pm

That's sensible enough. If you prefer to use it, feel free.
"Congratulations, you are already more creative about names and nicknames than Wolf's ever been." Lyra picks up the rapier.
Lexica's holo-eyes appear nearby, and the computer voice says, "Scanning." It visibly twitches and jerks slightly, but Lyra's grip on it is more than enough to keep it in place.
Fox seems to ignore the comment about her creativity, watching intently. "That doesn't look too good..."

There's some chicken noodle soup glowing brightly Octarine a shelf down across the way. It has one of those tabs for opening. The chunks of chicken inside are cursed such that anyone who eats one is hit with the Curse of the Ethereal Bound, which causes the affected to involuntarily and at no cost have the effects of the Blink spell randomly every minute or so.

((Curse found from here))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse