Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Goggles starts to chew, but even midway of her teeth crushing the food down and releasing its flavor, her mind mildly 'short-circuits' as to the sensation she was receiving from her taste buds. This by no doubt was the greatest experience of sensory input she ever had received up til now, and her response after clearing her mouth from an over-measure of chewing trying to stretch the feeling for as long as possible, "Tastes pretty good...", she says with a poker-face.

Upon eating the sugar cube, the Violet brought its effects in adding a bit more frills to her dress, and changing her hairstyle to have two pigtails and with streaks of violet highlights in them. This time the other donut changed and the frosting took on a violet color with a lot more potent amount of Violet in it close to or even more than what a tomapple might contain. "Oh, yummy-yummy~! Sugar is yummy-yummy! Should, try, lots~", she cheers and jumps around hyperactive like a kid on a sugar-rush. The tiny donut-girl goes ahead and tries another sugar cube again.
When inspecting the freshly-made donut from earlier, she'll find that it only contains the tongue-lengthening enchantment, but the effects are stronger... on a full-sized human the tongue would easily grow the size of their arm upon eating the donut. And unfortunately, just like the enchantment on the chocolate, it wouldn't be very practical for anyone to have without some convenient physical alternations to the mouth.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:14 pm

"Glad you like it. I only get the best stuff," Lyra waves to the undead girl. She removes the tongue-donut to some inventory space elsewhere, and observes while the violetized tiny girl goes after another sugar cube. This one has a similarly trace amount of red in it, intended to just slightly youthen and cute-ize the eater.

((I feel bad writing this little but Fox is just still busy eating, and there isn't all that much to say otherwise))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:00 am

Goggles nods, and clears her mouth and swallows the to her heavenly meal. Her eyes even momentarily sparkle from the bliss. "I'm happy you were available then to provide.. a well pleasing meal", she says minimizing the amount of joy she got from the sandwich. Translating and expressing these bizarre feelings was.. difficult to her... She proceeds to take another bite-sizeable piece, slightly compelled to shove a whole bunch in her mouth, but she was able to restrain herself.

And again, just like before the color effects her body in a stronger way then expected and transfers into the donut where the Violet was already placed, making the frosting look like a swirling mixture of both violet and red. Yet neither of the colors were blending into each other and remained separate. And even though from the outside, the tiny donut-girl looked and sounded like a combination of Violet and Red, given her more childish and cute appearance now together with the ditziness; inside her body the colors didn't merge or come into contact either, remaining pure in its now more potent form. Makes one wonder, what would happen if.. colors that were non-compatible with each other would behave in these circumstances. But would Lyra really risk adding something like.. Yellow to this mixture for the sake of experimenting?
The much smaller and younger looking tiny donut giggles and licks the sugar of her hands, "So yummy~ Suga vewy good~"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:31 pm

"Did I really put violet in something in there?" says Fox. "What's next, an aquamarine cookie?"
"Well, it's only supposed to be a trace amount," says Lyra. "But you're right, we probably should've accounted for amplifiers, huh. Well, enjoy the sandwich." Waving to Goggles again, the witch heads into the pantry, making a salt cube which basically looks like another of those sugar cubes and kneeling over to offer it to the even tinier girl. "Hey, here's another one..." This one doesn't actually have a color in it, but is instead enchanted with "Clarity" magic Wolf himself developed some time ago, intended as a way to dispel color energy. Lyra isn't too comfortable with possibly causing an explosion, however unlikely, and is curious whether this will actually dispel anything anyway.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Goggles nods her head and continues eating, mentally also thanking the wishing-stone-sword for the good work on it.

The tiny donut girl doesn't hesitate one bit to accept the presumably 'sugar cube' but when tasting it, her eyes widen tasting suddenly an overdose of salt. She then squirms and shudders a little when taking in the taste, the effects of the color energy gradually diminish, all traces of Violet and Red vanish from her body, but the small trace of Brown she was made up from still remained. The Red and Violet stored in her 'color-donut' on her head, also remained unchanged, besides now gaining a surgery white coating at the edge of the outer circle of the frosting. Now it was hard to tell what that combination would do.. or in what order it would happen. Either it could do the effects of the color and then dispel it all or more likely, dispel any color energy first and then fill it up with Violet and Red. Regardless it becomes more clear now that what stored in those donuts isn't necessary always directly linked with what effects are present in her body. She looks up at Lyra, presenting the cube with the big bite in it and says, "This one, tastes salty~ Can I try, something else, please~?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:10 pm

"Heheh, well, it is salt. You can try whatever else you want," says Lyra, still kneeling. She takes a deep breath, and then exhales with a slow "Haaahhhhh~," seemingly causing her body to rapidly deflate, her clothes shuffling around as two fox-ish ears and a tail pop out, and then stands up in a much more compact form to follow the tiny girl farther into the pantry.

The wishing stone returns a mental equivalent of a nod to Goggles. Fox watches Lyra casually change form like that with a slightly jealous expression, but it goes away as quickly as it came. "Well, whenever we finish eating I guess I could show you around this place. Maybe rearrange things a bit to make it more comfortable to get around in."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:59 am

Clearing her mouth, Goggles responds, "Yes, like we were doing earlier before the lunch break. But I'd prefer to first see how everything is in place before I'd decide to make any adjustments."

"Oh?~ Okay~ Kinda looked, like sugar~ My bad~" She drops the salt cube and was about to look what next to try out but couldn't help but watch as Lyra deflated. "Yay, you are, super cute, like that~", she says cheerfully, even sqeeing in delight.
Happy she skips towards a bag of chips, because now already having the salty flavor in her mouth, it felt fitting. When she decided which bag to try, she struggled to open the bag. "Ahh~! Don't like, icky bag~!", she says a little frustrated.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:36 pm

"Thanks," Lyra nods at the compliment. She follows the tiny girl up to the bag, and kneels partway over to offer her a miniature broadsword, sharp and metallic as a normal one but sized to fit her stature. "Every hero needs a weapon, right?"

Fox nods. "I can tell you about the rooms we already went through now, anyway. That first one is basically an entertainment center. Lots of TVs, video games, comfy chairs. Good for reading or just relaxing. Most of the technology in there looked to still be in good condition, and wouldn't be that hard to restore with a little magic if they're not. We only really managed to damage some of the upholstery on our way through."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:07 pm

She nods, taking another bite-size sandwich piece and before she puts it in her mouth, Goggles asks, "What about the flying swords that attacked us there? Are they part of the room too?"

The tiny donut-girl looks at the broadsword a bit confused, "But, I have, a weapon already~" She claps her hands, as they glow a little, and the fork she had earlier teleports back to her hands. "See, big forky~", she says proudly. But then she looks back to the bag she is unable to open and then the fork, the bag again, then the sword, then the bag again, then thinks for a while and speaks up, "Maybe forky, no good, for bag~ Imma try, swordy okay~?" The tiny donut-girl takes the sword, feels around its weight and then swings it at the top of the bag, to cut it open.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Fox looks a little sad, her ears drooping a bit. "Those are..the Souled Swords who were left, I think. It seems like they lost themselves. Many of them preferred to just remain in sword form for long periods, but just hanging on a wall forever isn't psychologically stable for them. Which is why I tried to find owners who'd use them or convince them to take humanoid form more often. Hopefully it'll be possible to get the leftover ones sane again..."

The sword snicker-snacks the snack wide open! Even making mini-swords, Lyra doesn't tend to mess around. "Ah, I didn't know about that," she says. "Still, dual wielding is a thing."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:20 am

"Hmmm, I see... Certainly troublesome indeed, but I'm positive we'll find a way to fix this issue. Hm, Wishing Stone, can you perhaps fix them if I wished for it? Or would that bring other types of complications for them?", Goggles doesn't sound all that worried and actually feels partly interested in the task to help repair the unstable swords.

The tiny girl smiles, "Dual wielding, sounds fun~! Can use, forky for pokey, and swordy for slicey~" Laying down the sword, she crawls in the open bag and retrieves a potato chip and then starts to tastes it.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Mind magic is tricky, the sword starts, but it pauses to let Goggles hear Fox, who's started talking by saying the exact same thing at the same time.
"Mind magic is tricky. If you try to change someone's personality all at once, you just build an extra layer over the old one. The new layer might last a long time, but the real self will continually try to come out. If the real self isn't sane, even if they really want to be, the end result is much worse than the original one. Imagine being unable to tell if you're really sane or just pretending to be with the help of a part of your mind that you can tell isn't really you. That's unless you go for overwriting the whole mind with a new one, which is basically just killing the original person." Fox shakes her head. "Some delicate nudging with mind magic can help along the path to sanity, along with more mundane forms of therapy like just talking. It's not something for the inexperienced to try, but the wishing stone will know what it's doing if you wish for it to help and let it handle the details."

"Glad you like it," says Lyra. These chips are barbecue flavored, and give the eater fire breath when making sounds that are spelled with the letter 'o'. Not all of the enchantments are conspicuously visible physical transformations, after all.

Lyra turns and calls back to the two discussing the swords after Fox finishes: "Heeyy, I have a magical super data processing system with a whole retinue of programs specifically created for carefully meddling with minds and stuff if you want some help."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Goggles listens carefully to Fox's explanation while slowly chewing on another little sandwich piece. Swallowing, she clears her mouth and then asks, "But what about instead of going with the approach of adding a sane mind on top, you could try to subtract the insane part instead? Couldn't taking away the memory of the trauma be enough for them to be sane again? Kind of like a resetting them to a recovery point like you can do with computers?" Of course, she was far from an expert when it comes to the workings of the mind, but from her perspective, fixing the mind of a sentient being didn't look all that different as to fix that of a robot.
After listening to what Lyra had to say, Goggles adds, "If you already have equipment build for this purpose, I see no reason to not to try that first and see if it works. Hmm, is this what you are using to fix that issue you are having with the former-armor or this oyoki-person you tried to take out of them?" Neither Goggles or Fox got an update on what happened to that case when Lyra and the fox-girl left, but assuming that Lyra had time to return back here, Goggles could only conclude the problem was done or at least under control.

A few tiny icons of flames were decorated on the donut not containing the color energy. The tiny donut-girl tries to figure out the taste, thinking for a while until she speaks up, "Umm, barbecue flavO--" And as soon she said 'O' a flame blast got released from her mouth and incinerated the chips bag. She panics a bit in shock of what happened, then turns to Lyra to say, "Ahh~! I'm sO--" Which again shot another fire blast, but this time in Lyra's direction!
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:05 pm

Fox nods. "That's a useful strategy. You just have to be very careful with what's being removed. In a mind a lot of things are closely linked that wouldn't be in, say, a computer. You might try to remove a traumatic memory and accidentally destroy someone's ability to dance or their preference for chocolate along with it, just because their mental locations are close by."

Lyra half-turns back to answer Goggles. "Well, Lexica's helping a bit, but the issue is different for that armor-girl. Her soul got torn up a bit, and that greatly lowers the resistance to things like demon or ghost possession." At this point, the small girl's fire breath comes toward her, but she's shifted her physical makeup (even the clothes) to one which is extremely resistant to changes in temperature, and just seems to ignore the blast of flames entirely. "I'm going to give her a few options for helping the soul get patched back up again. Oyoki's gonna be a challenge, but her problem isn't one of sanity." Turning back to the small girl: "Yeah, you might wanna just donut that one before you burn all the other food. Unless you want to do that."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:03 pm

Goggles peered at Lyra for a moment as the fireball hit the witch, but wasn't all that concerned as the blast didn't look very effective. "Hmm, I see... So should we try that magical super data processing system, or try and see if the Wishing-Stone-Sword is as accurate cutting minds as it is at cutting delicious sandwiches?", she says, again with a tone and facial expression that made it hard to tell if she was joking or not.

The tiny donut-girl gawks at the un-burned Lyra, happy that she was alright, then quickly nods with the suggestion as she didn't want to put things accidentally on fire anymore. She put her hands up in the air in anticipation of grabbing a donut, "Ewwy gO--!" Then another fire blast got fired, lucky in no one's direction this time. She covered her mouth, after she fired it, in fear more could leak out... After checking to make sure it was safe to talk again, she continued in a whisper, "--bye bye". Then the flame decoration transferred from the donut on her head to a newly created one above her. Not having had her arms up this time, it fell on her, with her head going through the hole in the middle, the donut settled slightly around her shoulder and middle arm.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse