Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Ducking in time, hands on the hover-board, dodging the gigantic sword's swing.
Forcefully tries to hold on the Raleigh as he starts his movement routine, and clearly knew more to where to move than she did. Thought the quick movements to dodge around the weapons and armors, made it rather difficult to hang on.
She notices an Asian-themed armor, hold a naginata decorated with dragon features around its blade and pole, appear from the back end of the room. It starts to ready itself, taking an intimidating pose that looked a lot more calculated and disciplined than some of the more reckless armors.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:31 pm

Fox seems to know it's pointless to try and kill armor, focusing instead on dodging through their attacks, knocking weapons aside with his own as necessary, and making progress toward the opposite door. He makes it next to the dragon-armor before very long, and pauses cautiously in front of it, commenting something to himself. "How'd you get all the way here from hall 15..."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:11 am

The dragon-armor with the naginata, calmly approaches Fox with steady steps; shifting his blade in different angles to not display from which he'll start his assault; it's armored gloves move along as nimble as if it were filled with the fingers of a weapon's master, calculative and patient. Trying to guide his opponent's attention towards his weapon rather than what is hidden behind him in the shadows.
His blade-pole's dragon-engraves start to light up in flames and his blade starts to emit scorching heat. One step forward, it crouches as it does a flame emitting horizontal swing, at which would already count as a power attack on it's own; but maybe the bright fiery display was just a distraction as it's shadowy afterimage, moves independently on its own and tries to launch an attack towards the ground for those foolish enough to duck down from the mid-height fire attack unprepared.
But Fox surely could have remembered this twin-tooth-dragon-shadow technique of the armor and likely expected a second attack to follow from a different direction than it's main attack.

Goggles flying around, trying to hold on the rapid moving hover-board.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:38 am

If I recall from your animated wolf plushies, I can't just disanimate these things. You did say all the armor was made of metal, yes? *Continues to dodge and attempt to keep his passenger safe around the armors in the hall. One notices a distinct lack of concern about the whole mess in his voice.* How rust resistant are they?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:52 pm

"Varying levels of resistance..." Fox just jumps over the entire attack, a flying leap that takes advantage of the armor's crouching to land on its back, then immediately kicks off it again, propelling himself over next to the door and possibly knocking it off balance by all the weight and transferred momentum. Not feeling there's time to do things like use a doorknob, Fox makes a vertical slash at the door just inside of the hinges and then kicks it, which makes most of the door fall in toward the next room. He doesn't see what's there, as he quickly turns back around, katana in hand and prepared for another attack. "Least resistant are already so rusted they're not moving. The ones from this room won't leave it, but if you wanted to really destroy them the fastest way would be an explosion with enough heat to melt them or a hard enough hit to crumple the breastplate--where their 'control' is." The twin-sword armor, one might note, hasn't gotten up after being sledgehammered in the chest. "This one's gonna be real trouble though, it's not from here and it's designed to be much more persistent." He indicates the naginata armor.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:40 pm

A regular armor would be pushed prone by such an impact on its back, but the dragon-armor used the backside of the naginata as a cane to prevent it falling down.
Without hesitation it turns around, charging towards Fox and starts spinning its weapon in a repeating vertical direction, together with the fiery effect it visually looks similar to a flame wheel rolling towards him. A sharp eye would also notice its shadow-duplicate sneak behind the dragon-armor, readying its shadow naginata for Fox to either try to block the flame strike or to dodge within reach.. and considering it already holds it's hand on the back end of the pole, that is a rather big reach.

"Did you just say explosion?.. Are you actually suggesting to make an explosion inside? I don't know about you two, but I don't feel like being collateral damage..." she sounds not very content towards the idea of setting off an explosion in the same room they are in; thought the crushing breastplate part seems safer, but not a fast solution.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:34 am

Eh, explosions only singe your clothes. One of my favorite spells places an explosive energy in the target and then I just watch them scream as the energy builds and they explode. Rather fun stuff. Messy though.

You keep that armor entertained and I'll work on the rest then. *Copies of himself in human form appear before several of the armors.* Yo. *A third of the copies hit them hard enough to cave the things into themselves, another third touch the armors they are in front of and the things begin to melt away in intense heat, and the last third touch their targets and then the armors compress into themselves as if a micro black hole had opened up inside them.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 pm

If Raleigh forgot the floor was still glowing red and didn't take countermeasures the copies might all start turning into different kinds of cute/young girls. If he didn't forget and is protecting himself, that doesn't happen. Either way, the armors respond basically as expected to his assaults, not really being built to withstand these sorts of attacks of such intensity.

Since an open door is behind him. Fox hops back through it to give himself space for his next action. "...I'd better be right about this." Sheathing his sword, he holds his hands forth in a very kamehameha-esque fashion, and calls on his power as the avatar of Crimson, blasting a concentrated dose of the color energy directly at the armor. Those as strong as this one have just enough of a rudimentary intelligence to be transformable by such energy, which is why it has resistance to color energy built into its enchantments...but the amount in use now is enough to overwhelm that resistance. In a crimson glow and a matter of seconds the metal turns to cloth and shrinks, flesh appearing beneath that, the ears and tail of a fox...and a girl with the weapon, strength, powers and skills of the armor is standing in its place. The new person has memories of being the armor, enough newfound intelligence to be reasoned with, and (contrary to Fox's wishes) a moderate amount of physical attraction felt toward the one responsible for changing her.

((You don't have to play this character if you don't want to. It seemed like what he'd decide to do at this point to expedite moving forward, though.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:17 am

*Having served their purpose the copies fade away. The few that had a chance to be affected by the energy disappearing with the rest of the throw away bodies.* Ooh, did we get a new party member?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:05 am

(( Umm it's fine, I can give it a try. If there is certain crimson-related characteristics or history the armor might have with Wolf; that I need to include, feel free to PM ~ ))

Since the enchanted armor is merged into the into the flesh and clothing, she still remains resistant to the color magic of the floor.
A bit startled by the sudden change, as she has to take a lot more new sensory input into account, but it doesn't take long. The experience of being worn during years of training and battle, combined with the mastery of controlling its own armored body, all en-carved into her memory; one couldn't afford to let their guard down even under extreme 'inconveniences'.
"You.. you changed me?" it spoke up confused; both at being changed and having a voice to speak with...
Her face stern and displeased, "Your shameful distraction won't give you an edge over me--..", as her eyes meet with Fox's, she can't help bit start to blush and become slightly entranced by his handsomeness. But soon after, she rapidly starts to shake her head, trying to dissuade her bizarre but compelling thoughts, "How dare you to use such cowardly tricks! Charm magic has no honor in battle!"
The girl fixes her gaze on the ground, trying not to directly stare at him; "My duty is to defend the home of Master Wolf from any intruders, I will not deter from my given task". She moves forwards, her naginata clearly shaking, she sure isn't as well disciplined to attack Fox as she wishes to be. Her shadow-partner doesn't follow, however, being more part of her subconscious, it's hard to control them when she isn't emotionally stable like now; as it starts to slightly dance around the pole part of their shadow-naginata, in a rather provocative way, giving Fox a little show to enjoy~
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Seeing the attraction effect, Fox almost immediately facepalms. "Almost..not quite. That effect was unintentional, but I prefer speaking with you to attempting to destroy you. I am a new being with the memories of Wolf but no knowledge of what happened to him other than that he no longer exists. Let's see..." He takes another couple of steps back, thinking for a half a second. "For example, you would have been in the room when I taught Lyra her first warding spell. She said...'Isn't it better to just get better at shield spells? I'll never know what wards to use ahead of time.' I said, 'If you want to be great mage, you'll learn to anticipate your opponents well enough for this to be useful.'" Fox's tail brushes against something he didn't expect behind him, and he turns his head partway back to look.

The room he's stepped back into...doesn't have glowing floors. It's an extremely tall room, small and square otherwise, with a gigantic, towering purple crystal very faintly glowing in the middle of it. One gets the impression this crystal ought to be glowing much brighter, it has a drained look to it. There's some bits of metal connected by piping running all the way up the crystal, and on a side perpendicular to the direction of the fallen door a sword is buried all the way to the hilt into part of this machinery in a way that suggests it was used as a key to activate it. "...I don't remember this room being here..."

((The color's had varied effects across its existence, but this particular burst of Crimson has slightly boosted attraction to males in general (though Fox is the only one around at the moment who doesn't look like a hoverboard) and a small dose of animal instincts.))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:38 pm

Becoming relieved she likely doesn't have to fight someone as.. alluring as Fox, she changes from a hostile to more a relaxed stance but still on guard; unsure if to fully trust the Fox-man or not. Him giving such details of the past did help him to sound more believable.. but... "That is an unlikely story; but even if it was true that you have his memories, what do you have, besides your word, to prove that you aren't an intruder? A well-informed spy or an evil clone could bring up a similar story...", the grip of her hands tightens again on her weapon, as she aims the blade in the general direction of Fox; again back to a more threatening stance. "And I had my fair experience with the trickery of the kitsune", a sensitive ear would be able to pick up light growling noises coming from her, seemingly displeased with recalling a memory.

Meanwhile, Goggles just glad she isn't chased around by weapons anymore and managed to hold on the hover-board.
Looking over to the stand-off between the fox-people, she whispers to Raleigh, "Are you sure they are allies"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:45 am

Well they haven't killed each other yet. Isn't that how allies work? Half of the people I have been allies with have tried to kill me at least three times during the time I've known them. A few even succeeded. We laugh about it now.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:04 pm

"I guess I could be an evil clone...well, another much more subtle one. I hadn't considered that." Deciding she probably won't stab him in the next thirty seconds or so, Fox takes a closer look at the weapon jammed into the machinery on the crystal, reaching a hand toward but meeting a small spark of aquamarine-colored magic, which causes him to recoil. He turns back to the former-armor. "Do you know what the wishing stone sword is doing here?" The hilt looks fairly plain, but for a large gem near the middle which seems expertly cut and gleams with a rainbow of different colors all at once.

If Raleigh is doing anything to sense what protection on the sword activated when Fox reached for it, it looks like something specifically designed to block anything so much as touched by Crimson color energy.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:26 pm

"You do not have permission to touch that!", she charges into the room, sticking true to her duty to protect her master's home over any emotional conflict she might have, she leaps towards Fox with her weapon, trying to prohibit him from getting anywhere near the sword; using the blunt side of the blade however, to prevent potential lethal injury from her naginata. "The sword or anything in this room is of no concern to you intruder, leave this place at once!"
The shadow regained their focus as well, with the former-armor more determent on her actions this time. it follows up to the doorway and turns around, making sure any would be fellow intruders would be guarded off from the room.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse