Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:54 pm

"Don't tell me, these are some of you 'soul-swords', Fox! Ah--!", jumping out of the way towards Raleigh before the scimitar could hit her. She tried to land with her feet on top of the hover-board, but due to her bad positioning and the fast aerial movement of Raleigh; she misplaces her feet just slightly and slips off the hover-board, yet managed to use her arms to still grab hold of it. Now wobbling around forcing her upper-body on the hover board.
"I'll keep that in mind, Raleigh... Did you invest in a Dodge&Turbo-mode in this form?" she says in a hurry as the flying scimitar came closer.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Of course I do but why would we need it. First, you are a lich. Being stabbed is only annoying for you. Secondly... *Spectral blades appear around Raleigh and his passenger and start trying to fend off the scimitar.* I'm never without defenses.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 pm

"Not because it won't really hurt, means I want to damage my new body; I just got it today!" she grumbles.
Watching as the spectral blades appear, "Oh, that looks quite useful."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:16 am

Astral blade charm. Never go anywhere without it.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 am

"Right; most I gave away before whatever made me disappear, but those I didn't would've been sleeping and woken up by the security systems." Depositing the rapier on a nearby couch, Fox finally reaches the door, and stops just next to it, quickly tearing off a small rectangular part of the wall there to reveal a hidden keypad panel. After entering a four-digit code into the pad, the floors in this room stop glowing red. "Hallway should be safe too now...won't try to crush us."

The astral blades have a fairly easy time fending off the scimitar, as it's just swinging around wildly without much direction or technique. Fox opens the door and pauses to catch his breath, allowing time for the others to catch up to him.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Climbing her way up on the hover-board, trying to stand stable on it, "Okay let's catch up to Fox, shall we? I think your blades can keep the scimitar busy for a while"
She wasn't sure if she should lean forward and attempt to control the movement of the hover-board or if Raleigh would prefer to control himself. The idea of controlling another sentient 'object' still gives off a strange feeling to her.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:57 pm

*Accommodates Goggles and floats toward Fox and the door.* They should. They've held off armies before so I doubt a single sword will be any trouble for them.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:31 pm

"Okay." Fox nods and starts down the hallway, choosing a brisk walk over a run for the moment to conserve some energy. "Hallway's fairly safe, but the floor's still gonna be active in the next room after. It's full of armor and normal--well, not souled at least--weapons but the security system animates them. The non-enchanted ones should've rusted in the time it would take those swords to go mad, so maybe less of a threat than usual?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Moving along with hover-board right behind Fox, "Oh, so you really have been gone for a very long time, haven't you? Or does time in this pocket-dimension work differently?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:22 am

*Floats along to where he is supposed to be going.* By the way Fox, aren't you the one I had that fight with all those years ago? Whatever happened to your apprentice?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:04 am

"I'm not sure which one it really is," says Fox. "Nearly any pair of universes has a time difference, and on top of that time doesn't seem to always work normally just within Muffinville itself. From this place's perspective I think it's safe to say it has been a long time though, based on the evidence."

He considers Raleigh's questions next. "Probably. Not all of my memories are intact but that sounds familiar. Whatevr claimed that Lyra was returned to our old universe but didn't go into the specifics, so I don't really know yet. Once this place is under control there are some scrying tools here even a non-mage can use that I intend to employ to find out."

The end of the hallway reached, he opens the door. The floor in the next room is uncarpeted hardwood, all glowing red, and waiting a few feet from the door is about ten suits of armor from varying eras and locations, each of which has a weapon or two in its hands. Some of them do look a bit rusty, but they're arranged like a small force tasked with guarding a crucial choke point and very intent on doing so. As soon as Fox takes a step inside, his Crimson burning against the floor's red again, one carrying a gigantic warhammer slams it down at him, forcing him to jump away while it smashes a large hole in the floor.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:18 am

Goggles rolls her eyes at Raleigh, "Is there anyone you haven't fought? Wait.. don't have to answer that..."

"Hey Fox watch out!", she yells when a suit of armor tried to smash its warhammer at him, but luckily was avoided.
Steering Mr.hover-board forwards, passing Fox, and offers her hand to drag him away from this attacker.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:58 am

Far fewer I haven't than I have. Even if it was only one variation of them. *Floats where he is directed.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:27 am

The ceiling isn't very high in this room, and another of the armors aims the business end of a spear straight at Goggles. Fox uses the hand for a quick double-jump-like maneuver, re-aiming his fall so his weight and momentum hit the shaft of the spear feet-first, sending it off-course. No sooner is this accomplished than another armor carrying a gigantic sword (think Cloud's ridiculous sword size, but not the weird knife shape) starts swinging at her. "I'll be fine, just focus on getting around them!" Almost as soon as he lands he parries an armor swinging twin short swords at him, blocking each with one of his own before sidestepping and quickly battering one of the two with his own pair of swords, one to each hand, knocking it out of the armor's hand and sending it flying at the wall. The sledgehammer-armor returns with a horizontal swing at him, which he hops back away from to let it slam through the twin-sword armor, caving in its breastplate and sending it flying back toward the opposite wall.

((Feel free to make up the actions of an armor or two if you want))

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:59 pm

*Starts to fly further into the hallway while floating around incoming weapons and weaving around the armors like he had practiced this routine specifically for weeks. If one is listening they can hear him mumbling.* Hammer to the left, turn forty degrees, accelerate, sudden stop, avoid axe, spin, smack armor's helmet, become intangible so the arrows pass through....
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse