Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Recalling the info-session about colors the wolf-lady gave earlier that day; Goggles did notice something written down about the color Red and its effects on one of the sheets, "So red was for cuteness and potential age regression, right?"
"A bit ironic that those that ignore to play a children's game would risk to be turned into one~" she can't help but giggle to that.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:11 pm

Picking the lock then. *He dismisses the orbs and his eyes returns to normal before he channels energy that replicates exactly the energy the lock is looking for and assumes the appropriate physical form himself as he reaches out to the door to see if it'll open properly.*
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:45 pm

"Well, I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of killing people; it seemed like a reasonable alternative for a first stage of security. Aha!" Fox pops back up as Raleigh tries the door again; this time it opens into a dark space, sunlight shining in to show what could best be described as an oversized living room. The vast space has a number of couches and comfortable chairs, wood floors with rugs arrayed all over the place, and various sizes of TVs hooked up to game systems from different eras and dimensions. The whole room is covered in a visible thick layer of dust, giving it a deserted look.

Walking up to the door, he says, "I'm a little surprised that worked; if something is very close to the real thing but not close enough it registers it as an imposter and dispels. Wish us luck." To Goggles: "The house will begin to notice something's off as soon as one of us steps over the threshold. If you need any further preparation, now's the time."

((I wasn't sure whether to have the "lockpicking" succeed or not, so I used random.org to help me decide with a 75% chance of success.))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:33 pm

I've learned a few tricks to break into places over the years. *Steps back to let the others through.*

((I figured it was your dimension so I'd let you determine the success of that bit. Random.org's results are as good as any other way to determine the results.))
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm

She asks while getting up "Doesn't your house ever allow guests though... what happened if previous 'you' would open the door and a guest walked in first?..."
"As for preparations.. I think I'm as ready as I can get. Preparing in advance feels weird, though you might have to blame my past object-mentally for that.", she looks through the doorway and observes the living room.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 pm

"Think of it this way: If you were a security guard at a bank, and you knew that only the owner was allowed to open the vault, and you saw someone walking over toward the vault carrying its keys...you'd wait a few seconds, expecting to see the owner behind them, and then if you didn't, maybe go look around a short ways behind where that person came from...and if you didn't see the owner even then you'd start getting really suspicious. It's a more advanced version of that that'll realize, even with Raleigh's talented identity faking, that something's gone wrong.

"Anyway, for this room, get off the hardwood as soon as you can. Carpets're actually safe. Our goal is a straight shot through this room, a hallway and another few rooms to the middle, basically a control center area. But depending on what's still in there we'll have some stuff to deal with before even getting past this room."

Finished talking for now, Fox takes off into the doorway at a brisk walking pace, one of his hands already gravitating to the hilt of one of his swords.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Goggles nods at the explanation, even though comparing a home to a bank did give an impression that Fox's old life preferred security over hospitality. Also to think that if there ever was an emergency where he was incapacitated, he wouldn't even be able to send anyone over to his house to retrieve something that would help.. Stating to feel a bit sad for him, 'Such a lone wolf...' she mutters

Hoping her new body won't let her down, Goggles hastily follows right behind Fox; intending to jump on the carpet as soon as it comes into reach.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:18 pm

"I did have an apprentice, you know." The carpet isn't too hard to reach, which is probably a good thing since shortly after she gets onto it there is a low vmmm sound and the wood starts to glow red with energy. On Fox's feet the energy visibly burns against the darker Crimson color internal to his being, cancelling out. He continues moving toward a door the opposite end of the room, breaking into something more closely resembling a run.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:39 am

*Takes the form of a raven and flies in behind everyone.* Mind if I stick around?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:22 pm

"I don't recall you mentioning that before... If they are still around, wouldn't it have been more optimal if we went looking for them instead, to let us in the safe way?"
Moving towards the edge of the carpet, considering jumping to a higher point like a couch or table for more leap options, "Is the furniture safe to touch?"

Turning behind her to Raleigh, "Wait.. if you can change into a bigger flyable form, could you potentially carry me across the room? To avoid the floor that is."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:39 pm

"Anything but the floor itself is fine," Fox calls back. "She doesn't seem to be around either."

"You can if you want to, Raleigh." Now about three-quarters of the way to a doorway opposite the entrance, Fox pauses, tensing slightly, and his sword flashes out, deflecting a rapier which suddenly flies in from that doorway straight at him. "Might get stabbed, though." The rapier arcs up and around, stopping in midair as if held by an invisible fencer, and starts slicing and poking at Fox, requiring him to do more blocking and duck back, but still he moves toward the door.

A scimitar flies in from a side corridor with not quite as much speed, slicing back and forth wildly as it approaches Goggles.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:00 pm

About how big you think I'd need to be there, Goggles. Eh, being stabbed is mostly just annoying. On the bright side, the weapon would be neutralized quickly that way. Downside, I'd probably cause damage to your floor.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Jumping from couch to couch; noticing a scimitar approaching she yells up, "Didn't you say you were uncomfortable with the idea of killing people? I think your house disagrees~!"
She leaps back a little trying to create a distance to buy more time for Raleigh to catch up. "Ummm, big enough to still fly and carry me, but small enough to still be agile to fly indoors... try a big eagle.. wait no... try a hover-board if you can!", she asks him while getting closer, preparing herself to jump on to, or at least grab hold of Raleigh.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:29 pm

"Grave injury is distinct from death," says Fox. He makes a swift motion, dodging around the rapier and grabbing it by the hilt. It vibrates slightly, trying very hard to pull itself out of his grasp, but he plants his feet and holds firmly to it for a moment until it goes still. "Lost his mind, feels like. How long has it been here? You might have some luck if you can grab it by the hilt and hold for a minute thinking about sleep." He resumes his dash for the door.

The scimitar continues indiscriminately, slicing straight through some of the upholstery on its way to her. It's about close enough to be a real hazard.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:15 am

*Assumes the form of a hover board as he nears Goggles.* You really need to invest in some defensive and movement skills at least even if you abstain from fighting.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse