Breaking and Re-entering

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Breaking and Re-entering

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:19 am

"Just once," says Solange. "It was set to wake us up and we test the possible Heir however we want. Which is mostly swinging ourselves at them. I never claimed to be very creative."
"What François can remember agrees," says Lyra. "I feel a little silly having all this stuff set up and the very first person bursts in with Raleigh and Wolf both and just breezes through because of that. But I guess it's better than a bad person coming in, right?"

The soup tastes like pretty decent chicken soup. It seems like the curse hasn't managed to leak out from the chunks of meat it's concentrated on, so drinking the broth doesn't actually activate it.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 am

"Hm, so the others swords decided to not wake up and test the possible heir in some other way?..", she asks not all too amused. Looking back at Wiss, she questions, "I already know what method you used to test the new heir, but am I to expect the other swords to come up with different 'tests' for me to overcome later on?"
Goggles turns to Lyra and says, "if the traps were set up to be more a test of skill and knowledge than indented to protect the house, then I suppose I 'cheated' my way through it, because without their help, I wouldn't haven't gotten far inside this house. So I wouldn't say I'm the most worthy person to become the heir, but yes, better me than anyone with bad intentions."

The tiny girl smacks her lip, making sure she got a good taste of it, then asks herself out loud, "Hm, tastes... normal? But why, is soup, green then?"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 pm

"Well, it was set in front of you without any actual rules declared. So I'd say it's only as much cheating as pinning Solange here in midair was," says Lyra. "There's not a lot of sword-soul signals in the house, and the behavior I'm seeing from those we haven't encountered yet suggests most are in trouble like François was, not in any state to try and come up with a clever test." Lyra lets go of the rapier, and it floats over to a nearby couch, setting itself across an armrest. "What were the exact orders for your test, anyway?"
"Just attack, not really anything flashy. I hope it won't offend you if I turn back in a minute, my nose is starting to itch and I prefer not having one to that."

With her presently-unusual sight, the girl shouldn't have much trouble noticing that the really green parts are the chicken chunks. There are some noises from the kitchen outside of things being snapped and popped together as Lyra works.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 pm

"I see...", Goggles responded to Lyra. Turning back to face Fox she asks, "So is this one still in need of 'healing' or do you think will she respect my command of non-violence in this household?"

She wouldn't have trouble noticing the green chunks if she was actually tall enough to look over the edge of the bowl... Though determined as she was, to make sure the food was properly tested, she takes a few more scoops in the soup, navigating her spoon over the edge until but luck she managed to fish up a chunk of chicken with the odd color. "Green chicken? That is, so weird, very suspicious!", she says and then gives the chunk a little lick.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:49 pm

"I don't get the impression Solange's mind was ever damaged in the first place," says Fox. "At least, not in the recent stasis. You could get an expert opinion if you want to be sure."
"Aww, you're sweet," says Lyra in response to the 'expert opinion' part. "No mental damage there of the kind François had."
"Whatever, I'm not gonna attack anyone without a good reason anyway."

Licking the chunk of chicken is enough for the curse to attempt to take effect. In proper fashion, the girl needs to make a Save vs. Curse roll and, if it's failed, gets cursed. The curse will make her randomly blink in and out of the local ethereal plane if it takes.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:59 pm

"Even so, I can't put much trust into the reasoning of a sword that not so long shown hostile behavior towards us.. Wiss, you may release Solange from her hold, but before you do, I wish that if she dares to attack any of us without my permission, her sword body would be that of a harmless foam sword instead", Goggles says, mostly for safety, but.. also that she generally didn't like Solange attitude to begin with.

The chances weren't much in the donut-girl's favor when having a -20 penalty on saving throws against magic.
Getting a good taste of it, she says, "Tastes.. spooky?" A figure of a person appears in the frosting of one of the donuts on her head, and every second or so that frosting bit vanishes and reappears again.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:20 pm

The Wishing Stone uses the mental link to communicate within a small fraction of a second: The native sword-forms are rather well-protected; I'm uncertain I can make that curse stick with ambient magic alone. Rather than risking another pull from the magic keeping your body together and functional, would you prefer I use an alternative? Fox's Crimson would work but may have some side-effects, or Lyra might have a sufficient power source on hand.

Lyra comes back in shortly after the curse hits, curious whether the period, likelihood, or something else of the original curse might have been amplified by the girl's usual effect on foodborne magic.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:01 pm

Taking that likely by this method Goggles was able to communicate at the same speed, she'd suggest that Wiss would use Fox's Crimson-magic as an energy source, since the wishing stone already had experience in using it as a fuel in the past. Strange that she didn't go for a less riskful option, but maybe Goggles was just curious what would happen with as mentioned 'side-effects' of using Crimson magic.

And just when Lyra arrives the tiny donut-girl poofs away.. but she wasn't in the Ethereal Plane for some reason... It might be very difficult to actually track where she went... But as soon a she appeared, she was holding a cheery!
"Yay, cheery~ Huh? Where did, cupcake go?", she looks around confused.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:46 am

Will do. After an equally brief communication to get permission from Fox, a stream of crimson energy travels from him toward Solange, enacting the desired curse. It does more than this, however, visibly changing her body. "RRRrraaaaaaAAaaah~!" She struggles slightly in place, crying out as her hair turns brown, her eyes bright yellow, and a pair of wolf ears and a long brown tail pop out. Her clothes seem to burst partway off, leaving her a considerably more exposed wolf girl (though, no weapons in hand and not smiling as in the picture). After that, she's released from the hold and falls rather ungracefully onto a couch below. "Mnrgh..." She pushes herself up, takes one very brief look down at her current appearance, and visibly blushes. "Urk-!" After that, Solange immediately and rapidly changes back into a sword and tries to zoom off down the nearest hallway, apparently embarrassed beyond speech.

Knowing full well that this curse makes verbal communication difficult, Lyra tries a psionic burst of information that will either hit the girl within one instant or totally miss if she disappears when it's trying to reach her: You've been hit by a curse that makes you randomly shift dimensions. I guess you went to dessertland or something?

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Watching the girl storm off embarrassed about her new form, Goggles speaks up moments later, "Hm, didn't see that coming. But I suppose that makes sense giving the source..."

The burst of information hits!
Hitting quite hard in fact, the rush of knowledge disorientated the tiny donut-girl for a few seconds, walking around dizzy. Not only that, but the knowledge also converted into one of the donuts on her head, appearing as an information-icon.
"Huh, dimen-sons~? I dunno... The place, was so, super yummy~! And a, little girl, was there, too~! We had, super fun~", she says cheerfully getting out of her confusion, and apparently, she had quite an adventure even from being seemingly away for a few seconds.
She opened her mouth to say something but then poof away again to who knows where.. Well maybe Anne the dream guard knows, as the donut girl suddenly appears on her lap~
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:02 am

Fox, meanwhile, has shifted back to the female form from earlier. "Erm...I forgot how modest Solange was about her human form. She's probably looking for a less revealing set of clothes."
"Yeah. You two want me to chase after that last signal myself so you can get on with the tour?" Lyra offers.

Anna is in one of the numerous offices of her pyramid-house in the dream realm, sitting in front of panel-wall of monitors, each one depicting the intrusion of someone's dream by something that looks like a Giratina. She leans back in a computer chair, staring intently at one particular of those screens like she's onto something..before feeling something on her lap and looking down. "GAAH!" She jumps up and back, pushing the chair out behind her and attempting to use some minor magic to suspend whatever just appeared in the same spot in midair. Whether or not that's successful, she gives the tiny girl an annoyed look, crossing her arms. "...What're you, like, some existential junk? How'd you even get in here?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Goggles looks down at her body, not being particularly covered either.. not that she cared either. "I see... Showing too much skin can be problematic to some.. and somehow motivating to others.." She rolls her eyes recalling certain individuals from her past.
Looking back at Lyra, she answers, "If you don't require our assistance with the other subjects, then it is fine by me if you go do that on your own. But do contact us if anything unexpected happens."

The tiny girl floats in midair, staying as stiff as a doll... Even minor magic seems to have a BIG effect on her, and she isn't able to move or answer while being suspended by the magic.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:00 am

"Sure. You two have fun." Lyra starts off toward one of the doors.
"Well, then." Fox sighs. "I don't remember precisely how this was configured, so you can just pick a direction and I'll tell you about whatever we run into?"

"Er...uh, whoops?" Thinking she pumped too much magic into that, Anna tries to fix the problem with a generic dispel spell.

The fox-Lyra, meanwhile, is busy trying to figure out how purely psionically based power got strengthened and/or converted to magic. But it'll be much easier to figure out whenever the girl reappears, right?

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:26 pm

"Hmm, so long we don't run into any more traps... Let's try this direction", she points towards a door near but still past the room of the mana-crystal, considering anything past that room should be less secured, since a new heir would likely be selected by then. Even though that theory was already disproven with the kitchen...

And the donut girl falls to the ground, seemingly now having both stasis and dispel illustrating icons on her donut.
Surprised she could move again, she looks at her hands and moves them around, then looks back at An and asks "Ex-i.. Exissi-te? Junky stuff~? Idunno what, junk... Umm.. Want cherry~?" She cutely offers the big cherry to the dream-guard, who might with her expertise and trained eyes notice the cherry was made out of dream material unlike the donut-girl.

Maybe for the same reason how technological effects were also converted to magic.. maybe anything special that affects her gets digested to magic?
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:04 pm

Fox nods, and heads that way. After a little walking they reach a huge room with tall bookshelves lining the walls and all over the place besides, and stairs going up to a second story seemingly just to make the highest shelves accessible. Some of the shelves are full or mostly full, but many of them are completely empty. There are some comfy chairs and couches scattered around. "Aha, the library!" Noting the state of things, Fox's ears fold slightly. "Looks as if I gave away most of the rare or useful pieces before I 'left'. I wouldn't be surprised if this is mostly mundane fiction and nonfiction left. But at least the chairs are still here."

Anna headtilts slightly, waving a hand to make the cherry float up in the air (and being careful that that magic does not get directly cast on the tiny girl). "Dream stuff..like, have you been dream-hopping?" Her examination of the cherry goes farther, attempting to identify whose dream it might have originated in.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse