Deep Blue

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Deep Blue

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am

Outside of Muffinville, the rumors say, some relatively short time ago a lake of blue appeared. Not merely a blue lake, but a lake of Blue--the color energy. Those rumors are basically true. It didn't just appear, either.

A few paces off from the lake, Whatevr appears suddenly, taking on a very specific appearance. "Heheh...finally. I've been waiting for tails for a few days now." She pulls from thin air a piece of notebook paper with a pre-prepared spell written on it, and tears it in half; the rest of the paper explodes into a bunch of bluish energy and reforms into a small 2D holographic-esque interface. A label at the top of the interface says "Dragon Detection Spell", and grabbing it by the sides, she points it down toward the lake, moving the box/screen like a viewfinder back and forth in search of the spell's target.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Re: Deep Blue

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:40 am

*There's some false positives, likely due to the sheer number of dragon scales that litter the bottom of the lake. A spot in the center of the lake approximately 387 feet down, however, is a definite lock. The signal's weaker than it should be, but it's there.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 am

A dragon eh? *Raleigh appears nearby looking into the lake.* I'd very much like to meet them.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 am

Raleigh wrote:A dragon eh? *Raleigh appears nearby looking into the lake.* I'd very much like to meet them.

*Viridi's voice can be telepathically heard by Raleigh, though the goddess herself doesn't appear.*
--I'm sure you will, though for an entirely different reason. She threatened one of your godchildren with death or "servitude". Make of that what you will.--
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:18 am

*An eye twitches.* Oh? Well that isn't wise. *Shouting in high draconic.* Get up here, we need to talk, now.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:23 am

*The bottom of the lake seems to shiver feebly, but no sign of a dragon actually appearing. Whether she's unwilling or unable to appear is a question in itself.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:27 am

*Continuing in the same language.* Don't make me drag you out.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:33 am

*Still no response.*

Viridi: --*sighs* Save your breath, Raleigh, please. If anything, I suggest asking Whatevr about the rumors of how she ended up in that lake in the first place.--
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:44 am

*Returning to English.* So, Whatevr, mind catching me up on this little thing? *To Viridi* -Thanks for letting me know about that little event.-
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Once she detects the actual dragon, Whatevr pokes a few more buttons on the holo-panel thing and the spell's title changes to 'Accio Dragon Lord', complete with a little square resembling a missile lock-on indicator around the detected location and a "FIRE!" button. But she doesn't press the fire button, pausing to respond to Raleigh. "My perusal of the threads lead me to this backstory...here we go." She produces a few pieces of stapled printer paper with text printed out on it which is precisely copied from this point onward a few pages in this thread, and offers it to Raleigh. "The gist of it is that some people summoned a blue dragon lord, who was inappropriate to Ellen, and then Callista showed up and made all this happen. Now, if you do want to talk to her, this spell I've prepared is specially designed to get her out of the lake. You can even press the fire button yourself if you'd like."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:44 pm

Raleigh wrote:*To Viridi* -Thanks for letting me know about that little event.-

Viridi: --You're welcome.--

Whatevr89532 wrote:Once she detects the actual dragon, Whatevr pokes a few more buttons on the holo-panel thing and the spell's title changes to 'Accio Dragon Lord', complete with a little square resembling a missile lock-on indicator around the detected location and a "FIRE!" button. But she doesn't press the fire button, pausing to respond to Raleigh. "My perusal of the threads lead me to this backstory...here we go." She produces a few pieces of stapled printer paper with text printed out on it which is precisely copied from this point onward a few pages in this thread, and offers it to Raleigh. "The gist of it is that some people summoned a blue dragon lord, who was inappropriate to Ellen, and then Callista showed up and made all this happen. Now, if you do want to talk to her, this spell I've prepared is specially designed to get her out of the lake. You can even press the fire button yourself if you'd like."

*A sheet of paper appears in a green ray of light next to them.*

Viridi: --When you're done with that, here's what I could find on Divinipedia about her.--
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Nah, you go ahead and do your business with her while I catch up. *Starts reading through Whatevr's report and then Viridi's.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:21 pm

"Alrighty then." Whatevr punches the "FIRE" button and then sidesteps. This part of the spell first attempts to cut the target free of anything binding it or burying it, weighing it down, etc.; and then behaves much like a classic Accio spell, pulling the target physically toward the targeting hologram thingy and pathfinding around major obstacles along the way. If it all works as intended, the dragon lord should probably come up out of the lake and then sail straight through the spell-screen with enough remaining momentum to maybe keep going for a yard or so afterward.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:15 pm

*The dragon-lord's green-and-white humanoid form is thrown out of the water and into the ground, skidding to a stop. Simply put, she's in a sorry state: the majority of her feathers and scales look as if they've been ripped out of her. Her torso and legs look partially caved in, and there are ten slash marks directly over her ribcage. Her entire body from her feet up to her head is crisscrossed with wounds that have not healed. Her most notable damage looks like it was caused by a bomb blast powerful enough to overcome her species' insane defenses.*

*The dragongirl hardly has enough energy to twitch, never mind move, and she barely seems aware of her surroundings.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Hm... I need to give Callista a high five and a medal for that. I'm genuinely impressed. So, what were you going to do with her Whatevr?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Next

Return to the Muffinverse