Magic School

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Magic School

Postby Raleigh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:55 pm

Raleigh1: Heh, I can understand that. It is amazing sometimes how one power can lead to others with the proper application. Ready to try it again? This time on something not metal? *A similar dummy appears only this one is made of still living wood.*
Raleigh2: It makes sense it would be. Okay, let's pull it back to steel.
Raleigh: Well first then, Dan, I think we should check what power sources you tap into. We'll get to the speed training shortly and I'll demonstrate how you do it. Well if you want it to stay on the weapon once it leaves your hands we have slightly more limited options barring enchanting. *Switching to draconic.* Sounds like your breath attacks are based on the color energy. Which colors have you seen your flames become so far? As for the breathing just fire, I can easily help you with that.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:27 pm

With a little bit of visible difficulty, Ayako thinks back on the events since she first appeared. "<Uuuuh...I didn't see the first 'cause I was sneezing, blue and orange, a color I don't recognize*, green and light purple just now.>"

((*Jale, seen here

If Raleigh passively or actively does something to scan the source of the color breath I can go into it))
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby xGoggles » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:47 pm

Her cat ears flick, picking up the Draconic sounds but not understanding the least of it; though it did appear Ayako was more comfortable speaking this way. Maybe picking up a language course here, later on, would be useful too.

"How do we check my 'power sources', nya~", she asks, giving him a curious look. Her tail stretches upwards, as she comes up with an idea, "Can I learn to charge up my daggers with fiery energy so they can.. explode.. around them, but still remain intact afterwards?" she smiles with excitement at the idea of having something more destructive.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Raleigh1: Heh, I can understand that. It is amazing sometimes how one power can lead to others with the proper application. Ready to try it again? This time on something not metal? *A similar dummy appears only this one is made of still living wood.*
Raleigh2: It makes sense it would be. Okay, let's pull it back to steel.

*It takes a few seconds for Ezekiel's tail to stop being fluffy.*

Ezekiel: Okay. Okay. ...Okay. Yes, I'm ready. *creates another charge, hitting the dummy without any incidents on her part*

-----

*Ellen is all too happy to do so. Understandably, going from one material to a weaker one comes much easier and quicker for her.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 am

*Assuming the form of Kyoka Midarezaki.* Rhea: For ease just call me Rhea for now. *In draconic.* Alright, breath into this. *A spell circle appears before Ayako.* *In English.* Just hold on a moment and I'll get out the scanner equipment for you so we can tell what energies you use. We can but we'd probably have to tweak your weapons so they don't blow up too. There might be a way around that but it'll depend on what you are empowered by.
Raleigh1: Okay, that looks good. Again if you don't mind. Try to do a bit more damage.
Raleigh2: Diamond.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:56 am

Ayako inhales deeply and then lets out a full burst of fire at the spell circle. This one is a swirling combination of Beige and Black, and readings will indicate it's a very slight magical tweak off from pure, ordinary color energy. If anything is done to look at the origin of this modified energy, it'll find that the part of her body that's supposed to produce fire is actually producing color energy, with each color in about equal amount, and the protective layer around that which normally protects the rest of the body from being engulfed in flames is instead keeping that energy causing her body to constantly change form or exploding against itself in the case of volatile color combinations, as well as seemingly being responsible for the magical tweaking at work.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:18 pm

*Ezekiel nods, builds up a stronger charge, and strikes the dummy in the center with it. To summarize: there are rain showers, and there are wood showers. This is the latter.*

Ezekiel: *stares for a few moments* ...More than a bit.

----

*Ellen does as instructed. While the time increase isn't quite as notable as it was with Q-carbon, it's still something that needs worked on.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Dan-chan blinks; perplexed as Raleigh form changes into a catgirl as well. "Nya~? Oh.. okay~" she says nodding her head, then sits in the grass waiting for them to study Ayako's breath.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:07 am

Rhea: *In draconic to Ayako.* I see what is happening. Good news as it seems you can, with some work, use all the color energies. Bad news, I'm going to have to train you to spew actually flames another way... or give you a fire seed I suppose. *In English.* Dan, I'm going to get set up to test your energies next. All you'll have to do is stand where I direct you and we'll begin the scan. *Snakes with wings begin to fly out to the group pushing various rolling boxes containing what Rhea will need to set up.*
Raleigh1: Nice. Now lets try it on one that doesn't have sap still in it. *Another wooden dummy pops up. This one made out of old and dead wood.*
Raleigh2: Alright. How about bronze?

((By the way, you two were asking about housing in the school before yes? We'll get to that soon in the rp part but I'll go ahead and let you know that what you get up to in the housing or sneaking around the grounds should go into their own threads. This is primarily the class room/training thread for the school.))
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 am

Ayako seems maybe a little disappointed about the bad news regarding regular fire breath, but relieved that Rhea makes it sound like something that can be worked around. "<Oh. Well, is...a lot of color energies useful?>"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 pm

Raleigh wrote:Raleigh1: Nice. Now lets try it on one that doesn't have sap still in it. *Another wooden dummy pops up. This one made out of old and dead wood.*
Raleigh2: Alright. How about bronze?

*Ezekiel gleefully hits the dummy with another charge of equal power. She giggles after doing so, pausing only when a few small chips bounce off her head.*

----

Ellen: *reducing it to the approximate density* ...Getting it up there's going to take a while to master, I'm guessing.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 pm

"Okay, nya~", she smiles to Rhea, then notices the snakes fly around and bringing the supplies. Happy watching one of her favorite animals in action, she gets up and moves along them a bit, curious getting a closer look.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:36 am

Rhea: *Draconic* Yeah. It lets you transform people pretty easily. Not the most useful ability in a fight perhaps but hardly a detriment either. Especially since some of them make those affected younger or easily distracted. Now, I'm going to get your friend tested and then we'll set about teaching you two. *Walks over to the boxes and opens one up so a full human sized scanner begins to unfold for everyone to see. Most of the other boxes seem to contain wires or the analysis computer. The flying snakes mostly just fly there undulating through the air after their job of pushing out the boxes is complete. Some wander around but there really isn't much to see them do at the moment.* *English*Okay, now then if you would step into the scanner we can get this underway.
Raleigh1: Careful there Zeke. Don't want to get splinters in your eyes or anything. *This time the target is replaced with a chicken.* Think you can zap it?
Raleigh2: Aye. I had considered platinum but you already surpassed that. Okay, now I'm going to list a two at a time and then three and then mix up between those two and you try and do them as fast as you can. You ready?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 am

Ezekiel: *thrilled* Chicken!

*ZAP!*

Ezekiel: ...Feathers.

----------

Ellen: ...As I'll ever be.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:40 pm

She heads towards the scanner, looking it over a bit, this advance technology looked quite impressive. The cat-girl steps inside and asks, "Do I have to do anything special or just stand still, nya~?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse