Magic School

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Magic School

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:32 pm

*Ezekiel nods firmly and attempts to follow Raleigh's instructions. Of course, if Zeke's first magical lessons were any indication, she doesn't do things by half; her first attempt produces enough of an electric jolt to power a 60-watt bulb for several seconds.*

Ezekiel: Wha~!

----

*Ellen begins breathing more steadily almost as soon as she steps foot within the room. She looks back at Raleigh's copy and nods appreciatively.*
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Raleigh1: Ah, much better than I even hoped for. Try to get a feel for doing this and increase the speed a bit if you can.
Raleigh2: Alright good to see you are feeling better. You ready to try those speed density shifting drills now? If so let's go up to iron at first.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:42 pm

A pair of newly enrolled students walk up toward the school, the dragon-girl looking around for an advertised float pad.
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:01 pm

*A green glowing stone with a floating magic circle on it sits waiting on the ground just a bit in front of the floating island.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:24 pm

"There Ayako-chan, I think that's it" the cat-girl points to the floating magic circle. Guiding her dearest friend towards it. Pausing for a bit to look it over, she taps her foot on the circle to test if it was stable; then hops on it to make sure it could carry her. "I think it's safe, nya~", she gestures and holds out her hand to invite dragon-girl on the floating pad.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:12 pm

"'Kaay~." Ayako follows onto the pad.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Raleigh wrote:Raleigh1: Ah, much better than I even hoped for. Try to get a feel for doing this and increase the speed a bit if you can.
Raleigh2: Alright good to see you are feeling better. You ready to try those speed density shifting drills now? If so let's go up to iron at first.

*Ezekiel begins her practicing, continuously creating short electric bursts every few seconds. Every now and then, she mutters "Hello light" with a silly smile.*

---

*Ellen complies, shifting the bracer's density setting to such with practiced ease.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:21 am

*The two float up to the island where they will land on a similar pad waiting for new arrivals. Raleigh can be seen in the courtyard waiting on them in his rather mundane and a rather boring looking human form. Brown for hair and eyes, pale skin, and medium build wearing mostly black clothes. They can see another version of him training with someone in the courtyard.* Greetings and welcome to my school. Since Ayako has paid for you both the school is open to you. So what lessons are you two each specifically looking to receive?
Raleigh1: Alright, now try to extend the electric current out to the dummy I've provided. *A metal training dummy appears next to Zeke.*
Raleigh2: Alright, now platinum.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Ayako comes closer to Raleigh to answer his question. "Um..bl--br.." She huffs out a small puff of green/violet fire. "Better contlol of that."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Ezekiel: *nods* Say hi, dummy!

*Ezekiel charges up another burst and tags the dummy with it... and recoils in surprise when the shoulder she hit bursts apart, her tail reaching maximum fluffiness in an instant.*

-----

*Ellen is able to move up to platinum pretty quickly, albeit a few hairs slower than when she was setting it to 'iron'.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Mildly distracted by the training going on in the distance, but then answers Raleigh "Ummm, maybe something with teleportation, moving around quickly and such, nya~"
She then also takes out one of her very well-hidden daggers, "And maybe a way to enhance fighting with these, nya. Something elemental sounds fun, maybe fire related?" she says to Raleigh, then smiles to Ayako, being slightly inspired by her.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Raleigh: *To Ayako.*Better control as in manipulating how long it burns, its size and shape, what elements/energy it is composed of, or something else more specific? If you aren't specific I'll try to work on all of them. *To Dan.* Any particular flavor of teleportation you are partial too? Magical, psychic, raw power to cleave through space? Speed I can work on you easily enough with. How good at dodging light are you? If it isn't very we can start with dodging rain. Elemental melee is doable. Again, magical or some sort of ki/physical power manipulation?
Raleigh1: Hah, nicely done. You okay?
Raleigh2: *He is timing each alteration.* Alright now to q-carbon.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:02 pm

The cat-girl begins to ponder, her tail slowly swishing around, thinking over the options, "I don't have any innate magical qualities, nya, so I'm still not sure if can even master any magical abilities properly though..."
"For teleportation, I'll likely want to be able to use it as quickly and fluently possible, requiring the least amount of thought or energy; so I could use it fast and repeatably in combat. What type would you recommend for that?"
"Nya, dodging light? I don't even think I can dodge rain"
, she says hoping around from side to side a few times, being a lot more light weight than she used to be, she could move a lot faster than before, but still not very impressive.
Slashes the air with her dagger a few times, "Hm, only in melee?" she tilts her head at him, then looks upwards and suddenly throws her dagger at a rapid speed upwards in the air, instantly slicing a bird's wing off its body. She grins as the bird tumbles down on the ground in pain; then snatches her falling dagger midair, back into her hand. "I though maybe a mix of both range and melee could be the most fun, nya~", pleased with her demonstration of her newfound skills of her daggers.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 am

Raleigh wrote:Raleigh1: Hah, nicely done. You okay?
Raleigh2: *He is timing each alteration.* Alright now to q-carbon.

Ezekiel: *trying mightily to calm herself down* I'm okay, I'm okay. Just spooked.

----

*Ellen shifts the density to Q-carbon as ordered. There's a very noticeable 170% increase in the time spent on this endeavor.*

Ellen: ...Bit of a delicate process there.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:32 am

"Uhhm...werl, the firlst probrem is that it's weirld. It doesn't...burln things, it makes peopre--grrr." She growls in frustration, and then switches to speaking in Draconic, which seems to come much easier to her than English: "<My breath isn't fire breath, it changes people somehow instead. I'd like help understanding or controlling that, or maybe figuring out how to make it fire breath when I just want fire.>"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse