Spatial Disturbance

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Spatial Disturbance

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:16 am

Raleigh wrote:Heh, well let me know if you ever need any help with that. I'm rather talented with solving draconic issues if I may so myself.

Eh, I think we can handle it. One of her former associates told us a great deal about what to expect.

Whatevr89532 wrote:An empty space a few feet off from Psycho Kitten is suddenly filled with a male full-werewolf-form Whatevr, floating upside-down and cross-legged. His appearance is accompanied by a vague rattling/jingling sound, which continues while he speaks. "What, so people can't worship a blue dragon in peace? You might as well try to dismantle the Caprice cult, or one of the numerous death cults since their leaders kill people, or the bread cult. I'm half-tempted to make it more difficult on you." He holds out a sticky note which is as upside-down as he is, and which reads "Undetectable to Infinite Defense and friends".

*While P.K. was speaking to Raleigh, a girl walks onto the bridge behind her while eating out of a bag of jelly beans. Seeing Whatevr, she unwraps a Jolly Rancher, gives it a lick, and sticks it onto his fur. Of note is that P.K. completely ignores all of this happening, as if people suddenly warping onto the bridge of her ship is a common thing.*

Girl: Probably not a good idea, Mister Wolf.
It's a trifle, if ever was.
SpamLady Supreme -- By Caprice, 8/16/2017
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:49 pm

On contact with the jolly rancher, Whatevr explodes like a balloon made of some fur and mostly canvas, leaving behind the sticky note (which anyone magically-attuned will note is a spell that does its best to accomplish exactly what it says on the tin) to flutter around toward the ship's floor...it might not be a good idea to let that connect. Meanwhile, a Korok appears to the girl seemingly in response to this, says "Yahaha! You found me!" and offers her something vaguely resembling a tiny golden piece of poo. This seems to cease the rattling/jingling sound from before.

Another of him appears a few feet off, right-side up in midair this time. "I'm immune to basically anything the force could try and threaten me with, so it's only a bad idea if it's not entertaining. But it'd be an awful lot of work--more than is worth it. Mostly I just want someone in charge here to acknowledge the absurdity of the task in view of everything else this universe has going on."
I am the variable-gender werewolf.
My TG Captions. Stories are also here. PM me if interested in source images...
A caption challenges blog, where I challenge you!

(Old Muffin Room characters purged; new character list here)
Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:27 pm

*There's a brief blur of motion from across the bridge before the sticky note disintegrates in a floating ball of purplish-green acid.*

*As with P.K., very few officers and other crewmen seem inclined to give what's going on much thought, going about their business in a relaxed way that suggests that they've seen it all before; P.K. herself smiles lightly at Whatevr's statements, but doesn't reply. Of note is that most of said crew seem to be either Kittenoans like their captain or Zapana, or human replica droids similar to Guri. There's a wide variety of breeds represented with the former.*

*The candy-munching girl tilts her head and stares at the Korok and its offering quizzically; if this were a comic book, there'd be a giant question mark over her head. She seems to have next to no clue what's happening, and it's kind of safe to say she seems extremely out of her element.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Raleigh » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:06 am

Alright. Let me know if you need my help for anything.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby AmbushCat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:03 am

Roger that, Raleigh. I'll see you later; I've got to get a werewolf off my bridge before we make the jump to hyperspace.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Whatevr shrugs. "I'd be more worried about the Korok if I were you. Once they give out their prize they tend to just float there in place forever, and I mean technically they're innocent good guys so..." He shrugs. "Me, though, I'll leave whenever you ask me to. Or if killing this body makes you feel any better, it's just one instance of many."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:42 am

I don't suppose you'd be able to take the Korok with you when you go? ... Wait, scratch that. Mind clearing up that bit of confusion with our guest first? I don't think she's making heads or tails out of this situation.

*Indeed, the candy-chomping girl---having accepted the Korok's gift by now, if confusedly---is still looking at both the creature and Whatevr with varying levels of befuddlement.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Whatevr scratches at an ear. "I can try, I guess." He floats a little closer to where the candy-girl and korok are without changing his midair positioning. "It's a video game reference," he says. "This happens in a legend of zelda game. You're supposed to give that gold thing to the guy with maracas so he'll expand your weapon inventory. Does any of that make sense yet?"

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:24 am

Girl: I guess it does... *pops another jelly bean into her mouth* I was always more into Mario than Zelda. Is it okay if I clarify one or two things for you?

Random officer: *appears next to P.K. seemingly out of thin air* Marshal, 20 minutes before the rest of the task force is ready to jump.

*P.K. nods and gives the officer a thumbs up, at which the felinoid smiles and disappears.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:30 pm

Whatevr shrugs. "Twenty minutes sounds like enough time for that. After all, ten minutes have to pass first, and five minutes must pass before that, and two and a half before that...it'll be a surprise if we manage to spend even a second on the whole conversation."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:44 am

Girl: Thank you. Now, then... *clears her throat* First, my name's Jennifer Berra, and I was previously a high-tier summoner in the Muffinville branch of Acutus's empire.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 pm

"Pleased to meet you," the werewolf nods, "I have read some about you before but not your name till now. My name is Whatevr--only the first e if you're wondering how to spell it--I am a soulless husk channeling the will of a distant being, or possibly just an insane person with access to a lot more magic power than I probably should be allowed."

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Jennifer: *nods and pops a few more jellybeans into her mouth, speaking after she swallows* Okay, so... as regards what you were saying about "worshiping a blue dragon in peace"... much as I hate to say it, I just don't see that happening. At least, not down in Muffinville. After that irritating cat turned me into this for my role in endangering her child, and after the entire branch saw Callista leave Acutus on death's door... well, let's compare the cult's morale to this bag of candy.

*Jennifer promptly downs the remainder of the jellybeans---of which there are a fair number---and chucks the empty bag into a nearby trash can.*
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

Postby Whatevr89532 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:53 pm

"Oh, so you're saying that anyone who actually mattered in the cult already left so there's really no point pursuing those that remain for harm or for good. I see," Whatevr nods.

Whatevr89532
Crazy MSFer
Crazy MSFer

Postby AmbushCat » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:07 pm

Jennifer: *finishes chewing and swallowing before she continues* Effectively. The I.D. brought me on temporarily to provide information on Acutus's empire; being one of her head summoners granted me insight on her character and the sort of ships she employed.
Characters.
AmbushCat
Fuku Fanatic
Fuku Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse