Infinite Library

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Infinite Library

Postby Raleigh » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Akilah: No. Please note this spell will only work on books within this library. *She offers the scroll.* Feel free to extrapolate a version of the spell that will work on other books if you wish.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:14 pm

"Thankssss", she replies and didn't hesitate to take the scroll. The snakegirl starts to read the scroll as the eyes on her cap started to glow faintly, as the knowledge seems to be stored and communicated somewhere outside of the library.
Going over the book with the more chaotic reality she says, "I'm going to sssssend my clone to invesssstigate thissss reality more up closssse. Issssss there sssomething ssspecific I have to watch out for?"
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:47 am

Akilah: Only that Raleigh will be aware you are from outside that reality and will be watching you closely to decide if he should eliminate an incursion. Most likely he won't but that depends on your actions within that world.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:30 am

The snakegirl nods, "Undersssssstood" Then she orders her identical clone to use the recently learned spell to enter the book, keeping a telepathic bond open with the one remaining in the library.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:25 pm

*The clone seems to turn into light that pours into the book.* Akilah: Now then is there anything else you need?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:14 pm

"I might be in the need of bookssss related to the sssurroundingsss and beingss I'll come acrossss in thiss place, jussst ssso I can determine the correct approach", the snakegirl still at the library said.

--

Meanwhile, the one in the book likely set herself somewhere near the center of Muffinville, close by the city's market square. "Brother could be hiding anywhere around here, but I'll have the biggessssst chance finding him around large bodiesss of water.. Poolssss.. The city'sss water ssssupply..." She looks downwards at the ground, "The sssssewer sssyssstem..."
Using her tremor-sense to locate the nearest sewer tunnel, she went ahead and force-open an entrance by lifting the ground above it with her earth powers.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:31 pm

Akilah: Very well. I'll led you to a book about the original Brotherhood members and their habits. Information about our boss is a bit harder to define if only because a lot of it is contradictory. *She begins to lead the snake woman away toward a different section of the library.*
*As the snake slips into the sewers eyes in the shadows focus on her. They appeared the moment she used any sort of supernatural power.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:05 pm

The snakegirl follows Akilah, half-mindingly also following the actions of her clone due to the telepathic link. "Your bosssss being Raleigh if I'm correct? Did he intentionally place falsssse information about himsssself in thissss library?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Akilah: Perhaps. Though the truth is far more likely that his history varied based on dimension and universe. He is also capable of being in more than one place at the same time thus some information which would be contradictory for someone isn't in his case. It is a bit like reading about the results of a Dragon Break or if you prefer a splintered time line that resolves where all events are true.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:55 pm

"Sssssounds complex...I take he isss a very powerful being then?", she asks still with a rather neutral expression on her face. "How about the Brotherhood? How powerful would you sstate them?"

--

After a brief delay of focusing her powers on the mass of earth she lifted in the air she speaks up, "Den of pebble sssnakesss. Forge!" Out of the bottom of the mass, ropes of stone drop down into the sewer. Upon closer inspection, every string seems to be a collection of animated rocks shaped and moving like a snake with glowing eyes. After her spell was done, there were about a thousand cute little stone snakes.
"Now we wait and ssssee...", she said in a bored tone, ordering the snakes to spread and scout ahead in the sewers, while she takes a seat on her tail. She felt like she was being watched, and waited patiently to see if anything was brave enough to approach her.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:21 pm

*Within the book. Raleigh, in the form of an elf with silver hair and purple eyes, steps out from the shadows of the snake woman.* Who art thou?
Akilah: Depends on what you consider powerful. The boss is not a god for instance.... well usually. He has been turned into a few goddesses relatively recently though so that might be debatable now. The Brotherhood is powerful enough to be worth playing with for the boss. A mage who can freeze the universe, a mazoku who delights in just causing havoc, and similar are among its founders. As such they make amusing individuals from the boss's point of view. Ah, here we are. *She indicates an entire book case filled with various books detailing aspects of Raleigh.* Interested in origin, exploits, habits, final moments, or what in particular?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:55 am

She turns around an observes the silver-haired elf, well her and a couple of pebble snakes that were actively trying to analyze any creature they might find in the sewers. "I could asssk you the sssame, but I already have a sssussspicion. Are you the one they call Raleigh?"
--
The snake girl goes silent for a moment then asks the library spirit, "Your bosssss isss amusssed by hazardousss individualss?.. I'd like to have a read about hisss habitss firssst, pleassse."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:50 pm

*The elf nods.* In the here and now, yes that is my designation. And you are?
Akilah: Oh yes. He delights in those who can amuse. As you would imagine eternity can become boring occasionally. *She calls down the book on habits and hands it over.* This overview should give you a good idea of what his habits are.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:41 pm

"The name issss Emeia. Are you here to assssk me about my motivess for arriving in thisss reality?... Or are you only looking for 'amusssement'?", the snake girl asks the elf with a serious look.
----
"Thankssss" Emeia takes the book and immediately starts reading about the habits, skimming over the general ones and looking more into how he interacts with strangers.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Raleigh: More of the first than the second though it is mostly curiosity that motivates me for the moment. What are you seeking?
*The book relates that he doesn't meet strangers. He knows people by their name, profession, goals, and all the little details involved with them on sight. Being able to see the soul and know its various fates in every timeline in an instant renders meeting a stranger impossible. He will pretend he doesn't know them occasionally. Far more likely he will tell them that this is his nth time meeting that individual even if it is the first time they have encountered him as that is likely the case. Multiple time lines, realities, and universes insures that he has already met someone before at least once even if it was only on a dream walk.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse