Infinite Library

A land of wonders and oddities, with change around every corner. Jump right in!

Moderators: Mendi-chan, Kether

Re: Infinite Library

Postby xGoggles » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 am

The serious expression of Emeia changes to a surprised one upon the discovery the other ones found in the library. "But if we already met and you are sstill asssking that... That would mean--" instantly she petrified her body to a semi-indestructible stone-like-material, right before a ridiculous amount of electricity surged through the sewers, easily frying anything that wasn't resistant to it.
After the electric assault the snakegirl de-petrify herself and continued, "--That would mean sssomething prevented me from explaining it." Taking that likely Raleigh was still present somehow, Emeia says, "My sssnakess located the attacker nearby. Follow and I'll explain on our way there." She didn't wait for an answer though and already started dashing through the tunnels.
-----
The Emeia at the library pauses for a moment from reading, murmuring, "I might have found a lead.." Then continues back into the book of habits and reads what Raleigh does to those that are hostile to him.
--

Unofficial MSF Discord server: https://discord.gg/wzaebh9
xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:56 am

*Raleigh floats along behind her waiting for the explanation. Given that he absorbs electrical attacks to restore himself he is unhurt.* So, someone attacked your probes?
Raleigh's Habits book: 'Those who are hostile to him will be responded to based on what the situation calls for. If they are a fated individual, as in one whose existence is important to a timeline, he will do little more than annoy, curse, or cause them a minor injury*. If they are not one such individual he is as likely to devour them or any other response he decides is most appropriate. If you are hostile to him and you or your civilization has been marked for ending by fate then he will most likely brutally murder you and your forces in whatever way is amusing to him.'

*Minor injuries to date: Impalement. Bisection. Dismemberment. Plague of nightmares inducing madness. Removal of all bones. Skinning. Acid Bath. Nerve ripping. Eyeball gouging (dojutsu holders primarily). *The list continues. Apparently he uses magic to make sure the person lives through what he does.*
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:52 pm

"More like one of my brother'ss creationsss wanted to get rid of any intruderss and got provoked when it came in contact with them. My pebble ssnakesss were immune to the attack though, but can't talk for mossst of the wildlife here in the ssewersss...", she explains while dashing. Stopping only to force open some steel bar barricade and continues to rush. "I'm actually glad we found one, that meansss we are heading in the right direction. My brother iss not our enemy by the way. Due to a failed experiment, my brother got possssessssed by a love-sspirit that took a fancy to him. They went into hiding ssomewhere in Muffinville, but due to sssome reasson I have yet to find out, they got removed from reality."
Emeia stopped at the end of the tunnel that led to a large draining hole where several sewer tunnels were connected to. "But In thisss book, there were sstill elements of them presssent.", she says looking down at the large body of water in the pit suspiciously.
---
At the library Emeia starts to look into why Raleigh has the form of an elf.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:27 am

Raleigh: Shall I direct you to the mass of love energy then? As a sometimes succubus I can find that quite easily.
*Emeia shall find no answer to that beyond the statement that Raleigh is a shapeshifter who alters his form at whim.*
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:52 pm

"That can be ussseful. After we dealt with thissss", and almost on cue out of the water, a large serpentine goo monster struck the place they were standing with a bite. Apparently, it was able to hide well in the water. Its goo seemingly very corrosive as the rest of the tunnel that got hit was simply melting away after its attack. Emeia had quickly dodged away on time to avoid it, and started charging a stone she was holding with her energy.
----
So if he was a shapeshifter, huh? Interesting...
The snakegirl turns to Akilah and asks, "Do you think he would mind if I'd look into the book of exploitssss?"
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:30 pm

*Raleigh seems to be unaffected by the acid.* You know, I drink more corrosive stuff than this. *He exhales on the creature a breath of pure decay. Anything it touches will rot and wither away nigh on instantly.*
*Akilah fetches the requested book for Emeia.* Akilah: Any particular exploits of his you wish to know about?
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Depending on the amount of mass affected the goo serpent withers away along with all the sewer water in the pit it might have used to reform before it was able to make another lightning attack.
Emeia discharges her stone. "Guessss that takesss care of that... And lucky that my brother wassss not anywhere near that attack. But thisss sstill leavesss the quesstion of why hisss minion wass here but I'm unable to locate him anywhere in the ssewers.. Could thisss have been a disstraction or perhapss he got taken from here by sssomething very powerful?"
She turns to Raleigh and asks, "You know this reality better than anyone. If you can lead me to him, I'd be very thankful."
--------
The Emeia shakes her head, "Nothing in particular. Mostly just curious what kind of exploits a being like him has. Or why he is willing to have a book about it in his own library."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:53 pm

Raleigh: I see. *Turns into a succubus.* Well then, let us follow his trail, neh?
Tale 1: Once Raleigh was trying for a dramatic entrance, not unlike a superhero, in Paris. Unfortunately he forgot before appearing to pose theatrically on the top of the Eiffel Tower he had tossed a banana peel there. It was perhaps his least dramatic entrance ever as he slipped on the peel and was impaled on the top of the Tower.
Tale 2: Once, while posing as a rather accomplished mage, he single handedly slaughtered an entire fort of an enemy empire in the night just so the group he was traveling with would be safe. The fact that the brutal nature of the attack was obvious and caused the group to be more cautious as they continued was a nice bonus.
Tale 3: There are at least four different heroes who exist now solely because Raleigh was a loose pebble under the feet of one of their ancestors causing the fateful meeting with their future spouse.
Tale 4: Raleigh once wiped out an entire universe because they didn't have salt for his fries. He repaired it later.
Tale 5: Raleigh learned explosive rune spell.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Emeia nods ready to follow the succubus to wherever she might lead her.
--
She pauses for a moment after reading, "Ssssso thesse kind of exploitsss..." Setting the book aside, she asks the library spirit, "I'd like to sstart reading about thisss Brotherhood now, pleasse."

((Maybe it is best if I let you guide the story in the book from here on. If you don't mind ^^'))
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Akilah: Of course. Before we do, were you looking for the boss's weaknesses? If so, they are on easy to acquire handouts and even some of this library's bookmarks. Most people know what they are as they are not privileged information.
*Raleigh, in the form of Rei, sniffs out an inordinate amount of love not too far away below a location she knows well.* Rei: Hm... who knew they would be there. Follow me, I know where we will be going.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:15 am

"You could sssay I wass curiousss about that... I take there aren't too many weaknessssess?", Emeia asks wiggling her tail twice then using it again as a seat.
---
Emeia uses her tongue, trying to smell her brother's scent, but couldn't get past the sewer's stench. Shuddering for a moment. She nods when Rei told her to follow, and readies herself to travel at a quick pace.
Last edited by xGoggles on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:33 am

Akilah: Technically he only has two that can be said to beat him and another that is an inconvenience. First one is that any legendary named weapon can dispell him if it lands a blow on him. That is a weakness he has maintained throughout the ages and remains in effect more or less constantly. Secondly there is an energy wavelength that can harm and even kill his kind however they always come back. Death is merely an annoyance for them and this isn't a viable option unless you manage to luck out and find it. The only race that naturally could create this wavelength is long dead with only a set of twins still surviving now who can use it. The third one is the inconvenient one as the boss is a purely magical entity. In a field of dead or null magic the boss can not manifest and is dispersed. He has to put in a bit of prep work and incarnate into actual flesh before he can enter into such areas.
*Rei begins to plow through any walls in her way as she leads Emeia toward a location beneath where her shop is located in this reality.* Due to the holidays I tend to sell themed items. A love spirit is naturally going to be attracted to all that love magic. I believe she is somewhere near my shop. There should be a manhole somewhere near by we can exit through.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:35 pm

"I ssee... And I take that if he were forcefully transsssformed into sssomething, he'll jussst shapesssshift himssself back? What if he getssss turned into ssomething inherently non-magical?", Emeia asks the library spirit while waiting for a book of the Brotherhood.
-----
The snakegirl helps out by slamming her tail about the sewer's wall, using her tremorsense to find the location of the nearest manhole. "Over there", she says dashing towards it.
Meanwhile, many of the pebble snakes that were spread out through the sewers were starting to gather and travel back towards her.
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

Postby Raleigh » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:45 am

Akilah: Like those null-magic stones? That kind of spell would cancel itself out and fail based on similar attempts in the past. If he was turned into an anti-magic item it would disperse him thus removing him. If he isn't there he isn't around to be an anti-magic item so he has no reason to be dispersed. *She leads Emeia to another bookshelf that contains a bit about the various brotherhood members and their habits.*
*Rei floats up and blasts out of the sewer to look around at her shop. Yep, there are various idiots caught in trouble thanks to the love potions and the like, her house which is a box next to the store, some brass demons filing paperwork for lawsuits they will no doubt have clients pressing against the owner of the store, and her hair catches on fire.* Come on up and see if you spot your brother.
Raleigh
Senpai
Senpai

Postby xGoggles » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Emeia nods at Akilah, then follow the spirit to the bookshelf. "Issss the Brotherhood in the reality of the book much different from the one sssstill pressssent now?"
------
She jumps up from the hole and observes the situation. "None of thessse facesss look familiar to me...", she says sounding disappointed. Eyeing the brass demons over, then turning to Rei, "Are they going to be a problem?.."
--

xGoggles
Excited MSFer
Excited MSFer

PreviousNext

Return to the Muffinverse